Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kind of disappointed at that, was a bit of a whirlwind day, and I can't complain because Patrick Reed definitely deserved to win the Green Jacket.

But Rory's performance was a complete and utter letdown. It wasn't a massive collapse but Reed shot -1 and won. Fowler shot -5, Spieth shot -8, Rahm shot -3, Watson shot -2. The course was there for the taking. If he's even 2 under for the day, let's say, heading to 15, you never know. It was the manner of his loss that really stings.

Totally agree about Rory. The way he played was a massive let down and he looked a bit lost.

Most disappointing was the fact that you could see the moment he conceded the round to Patrick Reed. Still had 5 holes to play but he hits a poor iron, shoulders slump and after that he looked disinterested.

The commentary team commented on it a hole later too. If it means that much to him he would find a way to get back in it. That's why Reed is so good. He doesn't give up on a score.

Yep especially since the Masters is quite often won by a late charge. I can think of Mickelson, Schwartzel and Willett off the top of my head in recent years.

And he was a few weeks removed from a late charge to annihilate the field at the Arnold Palmer Invitational so it's not as if he doesn't have it within himself.

i think Rory fell into the trap of wanting it too bad and got tight. thats why his misses on every shot, including putts were all pushes.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

We have friends over every year to watch Sunday's round.

Debates / Discussions we had:

Nantz said Fred getting the jacket in Butler Cabin in 1992 was the best moment of his life.............WTF?

Rory's "hoppy movements" after a good shot - shaking off tension or Zumba?

Should Reed be referred to as husky or doughy?

# 3 good as is, or does the green need more crown near Sunday's pin?

The greens seemed "too receptive."

Jordan's self-talk is very annoying.

#9 green seemed too sticky this year

The extra length at 12 was good

Greetings ....

Congratulations to Patrick Reed, the 2018 Masters Champion.

Kudo's on great play to Rickie Fowler, Jordan Spieth, Jon Rahm, and Tony Finau (among others in the Top 12). Honorable mentions to Charley Hoffman (ace at 16th) and Rory McIlroy (3rd round play).

One tiny note of criticism -- I'm not a putting expert, but it seemed to me that Jordan Spieth's par putt on the 72nd hole may not have been struck with proper authority and detail. Anyone else think so?

367 days until the next Masters (April 11-14, 2019) -- almost as bad as waiting for the next Christmas.

i think Rory fell into the trap of wanting it too bad and got tight. thats why his misses on every shot, including putts were all pushes.

Faldo actually said something insightful about that early in the broadcast--I know I know, but bear with me here for a moment. Faldo said that for elite players pressure and tension settles in the shoulders, and with the shoulders a hair tighter than they normally are the backswing doesn't get fully completed and then it's a guessing game as to whether or not you can time it correctly on the way down. Anyway, I found it kind of interesting that Faldo thought the root of it was all in the shoulders--not just for Rory but for everyone who can play--and it gave me something to thing about next time I'm under the gun. Hadn't ever heard it before, but clearly Faldo had given it some thought over the years.

Nance said Fred getting the jacket in Butler Cabin in 1992 was the best moment of his life.............WTF?

These two probably had something to do with the rain on Saturday night. My brother and I were fortunate enough to be there on Tuesday for the practice round and the greens sounded pretty hard and balls didn't seem to be sticking as much as they did on Sunday.

Not trying to get into what ifs or anything like that, but during the live broadcast I thought that Reed's ball wouldn't have stayed up on 13 without the rain Saturday night.

Rors just gave up too early. He birdies 4 and then doesn't pull driver on 5? He'd just hit it 370 on 2. Weak bogey after a weak 3w and then weak 5i into 5 as well

And his punch out on 8 was stupid. He could have hammered an 8 iron over that bush to much closer to the green

And his pitching was all rushed. Like 8, like 11.

He was playing awful but some more concentration and positivity and he still could have won with 13 and 15 coming up. He needs to learn to find his temp when he's off slightly

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

I wonder why they don't shave the bank on 13 like they do on 15?

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

This just happened:

When Sergio put the green jacket on Pat my wife says "That's the most expensive jacket they ever had to make because they used so much fabric." The best part is I didn't even have to tell her that we don't like Pat.

We?

Yes, we, the internet.

I'm officially retired from posting jokes to wrx. This stirred things up way more than I ever thought it would.

I'm on the internet & I like Pat. You must have meant the imperial "we" as in "We are not amused."

Just kidding, ebrasmus. Hope your pursuit of scratch is still going well...

Nance said Fred getting the jacket in Butler Cabin in 1992 was the best moment of his life.............WTF?

These two probably had something to do with the rain on Saturday night. My brother and I were fortunate enough to be there on Tuesday for the practice round and the greens sounded pretty hard and balls didn't seem to be sticking as much as they did on Sunday.

Not trying to get into what ifs or anything like that, but during the live broadcast I thought that Reed's ball wouldn't have stayed up on 13 without the rain Saturday night.

It happens every year. The winner seems to get some good fortune - such as the hanger on 13.

Tiger is the GOAT!

• 79 PGA Tour wins, second all-time to Sam Snead

• 14 major championships, second all-time to Jack Nicklaus

• Only player ever to win four consecutive majors

• Lowest scoring average in PGA Tour history

• Scoring average of 67.79 in 2000 the lowest single-season average in Tour history

• PGA Tour Player of the Year a record 10 times

and there you have it....

I also think what people give to Tiger, and I admit I am ignorant to some of the all-time greats so maybe take this with a grain of salt, but that his golf domination took place over a 10-12 year span. And it was pretty insane at the rate he was winning. He won all 14 of his majors in 11 years, and 71 of his wins in 12 years (8 more were added few years later) Now some of the all-timers had a longer lasting careers which some people could use that against Tiger. But it's hard to not give him at least a convo of a "GOAT" for how he took over a sport like that for so long. Jack won 18, but over 20 or so years. So do people say "well Tiger only took 11 years to get 14" or "Jack has 18 and he was better for longer!" Both sides have their arguments for sure.

Tiger won his 14 majors in 11 years. Jack won 12 majors in eleven years. After those 11 years were over, Jack went on to win as many majors as Trevino.

Or to put another way, Jack won a Woods number of majors + a Rory number of majors...

This just happened:

When Sergio put the green jacket on Pat my wife says "That's the most expensive jacket they ever had to make because they used so much fabric." The best part is I didn't even have to tell her that we don't like Pat.

We?

Yes, we, the internet.

I'm officially retired from posting jokes to wrx. This stirred things up way more than I ever thought it would.

I'm on the internet & I like Pat. You must have meant the imperial "we" as in "We are not amused."

Just kidding, ebrasmus. Hope your pursuit of scratch is still going well...

Lol, still grinding on my game. I'll have an update in the next week or so. :drinks:

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Tiger won his 14 majors in 11 years. Jack won 12 majors in eleven years. After those 11 years were over, Jack went on to win as many majors as Trevino.

Or to put another way, Jack won a Woods number of majors + a Rory number of majors...

Do you believe Ray Floyd's 4 majors are equal to McIlroy's 4 majors? I do not. Much stronger fields in recent years. Nicklaus won the 1966 British Open where barely any American players bothered traveling. Too expensive to travel and not enough prize money to compensate for those expenses. Only 9 Americans in the field and only 130 players total (compared to 156 in the modern era).

https://www.pgatour.com/news/2013/06/21/1966--british-open-championship-results.html

His second British Open in 1970 featured 134 players. The next year in 1971 it jumped to 150 players (Trevino was the winner). Pretty big change from the earlier days especially since more Americans started playing it over time. I think Jack's performance later in his career is more impressive than what he did in the 60's. His longevity in the game was amazing. He beat much stronger fields from the late 70's to 86 than what he was beating in the early to mid 60's.

Rory had an admirer yesterday.

https://i.imgur.com/e2vRNoN.mp4

20-bucks that girl has a RORY SHRINE in her bedroom.

I'm guessing her nightstand...

TM Sim2 w/ Tensei CK White

TM Sim2 Titanium 15* w/ Diamana Kai'li
TM Sim2 3h w/ AXIVCore Green
TM P790 4i w/ HZRDUS Smoke
TM P7MC 5 - 8 w/ Project X LZ

TM P7MB 9 - PW w/ Project X LZ
TM MG 50 and 55 w/ Project X LZ

TM MG Hi-Toe 60 w/ Project X LZ
TM TP Balboa
TM TP5x Yellow

No caption necessary

masters-2018-patrick-reed-deixa-de-lado-a-pressao-para-vencer-seu-primeiro-grande-campeonato.jpg

Yeah, it is really obvious how much they hate each other.

With everything that's been written here before the final round of the Masters and after, especially about Reed on the one side and Spieth on the other, and about Rory and Fowler in between, I will be out of here again rather quickly.

I see a gap. There definitely is a gap.

Tiger is the GOAT!

• Scoring average of 67.79 in 2000 the lowest single-season average in Tour history

I also think what people give to Tiger, and I admit I am ignorant to some of the all-time greats so maybe take this with a grain of salt, but that his golf domination took place over a 10-12 year span. And it was pretty insane at the rate he was winning. He won all 14 of his majors in 11 years, and 71 of his wins in 12 years (8 more were added few years later) Now some of the all-timers had a longer lasting careers which some people could use that against Tiger. But it's hard to not give him at least a convo of a "GOAT" for how he took over a sport like that for so long. Jack won 18, but over 20 or so years. So do people say "well Tiger only took 11 years to get 14" or "Jack has 18 and he was better for longer!" Both sides have their arguments for sure.

when it comes to majors there is no doubt that Jack is the GOAT...there's no argument there..

the discussions begin when you consider their over-all records..

and both sides have their points...

the question is:

....will 18 vs 14 majors trump ALL the other records where Tiger beats Jack??

Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60

And Rickie.

He was perfectly placed in the mix to go after the leader(s). That dude needs to grow a pair and make a mental change. The skills are all there - he just needs needs to learn to push himself more when in the hunt. He is better than what he showed us on Sunday. He had a 65 or 66 in the bag but as we watched the round unfold he "seemed" content with pars. It was frustrating. Despite the aforementioned, the birdie on 18 was great.

A lot of truth to this.

Much is made of the "pack" of friends that is Fowler, Justin Thomas, and Jordan Spieth. Welp, Thomas and Spieth have both "graduated" so to speak to adulthood where they're not just contending, but winning. At a regular clip. Fowler still seems to be at the stage where he's content at being the guy that the girls are still fawning over while raking in the endorsement dollars, always gracious to shake the hand of the guy that he finished second to that week, but has the natural talent to be so much more on the golf course.

It still just boggles my mind that a talent like Fowler only has 4 wins on the PGA Tour. Four. And he's 29. With his putting stroke and his ball striking ability, Fowler should have triple that, and a couple of majors to boot. At this point, its all about 'want to' for Fowler. If he's not careful, his career is gonna be over and he's going to be seen as this generation's biggest underachiever on Tour.

Or maybe just maybe he is who is. Not shabby 4 wins and a TPC is nothing to sneeze at. More talented players have achieved less than him and vice versa. That’s why he was voted most overrated a few years ago. Gets as much attention as players who have won way more than him. He might breakthrough he might not. It took Sergio until 37 and he won way more than Fowler and was in the mix in way more majors. You never know. He’s made a killing banking on his “look” so I don’t blame him. He seems to want it but just can’t get there for now.

Tiger is the GOAT!

when it comes to majors there is no doubt that Jack is the GOAT...there's no argument there..

the question is:

Yes. His major record dwarfs tigers major record. Not just wins. Jack has more top 3 finishes than tiger has top 10s... no comeback victories for tiger... double the top 10s of any one in majors. Can’t overlook that. Their cut record is identical

Tiger is the GOAT!

the question is:

Just wanted to add that Tiger Woods has spent the most consecutive weeks (281) and most total weeks (683) as world number 1. But as others have posted above, GOAT is a subjective call depending upon your criteria. Both TW and JN are or will be legends.

Its odd that jack has 18 majors and that

With the exception of TW

Only one has more than 9

And they all played like 50 years ago

Jack was like

Superman!

Or maybe the competition/fields back then were thin as a scotch and soda at a 1/2 price happy hour.

I mean, cmon. We got every winner of 7 or more majors besides Tiger Woods

Played in the 60s or 30s or 20s?