2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Stiffed on Driver head

williaza

I hate to sort of rub salt into the wound so to speak but every single ounce of this issue could and should have been avoided by the OP. He admitted that but it bears reiterating.

NEVER send money on PP via F&F - unless they really are that is.

Everything bad in life starts at one single point - a nucleus if you will. The whole nucleus of this thread/issue was the OP's decision to send the money in a way that violates the ToS on PP and opened himself up to being scammed.

Sorry about the outcome OP but at least you have a great attitude about it and you are going to LOVE that Ping. And finally you can take solace in the fact that your situation was educational for many members on here in many, many ways.

I just sent my first F&F payment (for some Masters gear the person went out of his way to pick up on his own dime), and quickly realized that my shipping address wasn't included, so PMed the seller within 15 minutes. That was my first time doing F&F, and OP has admitted doing it on a regular basis on hundreds of thousands of transactions, so how it take him so long to communicate his address?

Obviously the seller is a D-Bag (or his "brother"), but don't think the OP should get such a free pass for ignoring common sense, advice given every single time this topic gets brought up. I'm not looking to get flamed, but all these posts about guys willing to "donate funds" to make this guy whole just make me chuckle. I feel for him, but no way I'm coming out of pocket to excuse his lack of judgement. He should've read the PayPal terms before sending F&F, and if not, take your lumps. He has said several times "it's only $80, so no big deal". If it's "only $80", and you went against PayPal policy for buyer protection, why start a thread about it?

I get the whole "looking out for the community" thing, but what about people taking responsibilities for their mistakes, and how much are you helping the "community" with your 27 posts per year? I'm not even sure why you are allowed to use the BST, since you had less than 20 posts when this fiasco started and you didn't buy your way in by paying $35 for a "Charter Membership".

Just when we thought we'd seen it all, we've got someone chastising someone for sending F&F as they simultaneously admit to just sending F&F.

Do you really not see how maybe that's a little odd? And hypocritical?

Okay, lets lock it up.

Summary, for latecomers: OP made a mistake on purchase method, lost $80, but bought himself a great Ping driver in the end. He's okay and reasonable about the whole thing.

Seller is banned and no longer a threat to WRX. Gho5t is still here but everyone is on alert. Lots and lots of members got some vicarious incredulity over the last couple of days. And a few folks took their jokes a shade too far.

And everyone,learned a lesson about Friends&Family. #justsayno

OUT.

I'm not even sure why you are allowed to use the BST, since you had less than 20 posts when this fiasco started and you didn't buy your way in by paying $35 for a "Charter Membership".

It's simple. 75 active posts are required to be a seller in the BST unless you pay a fee for an ad or pay for the WRX membership. The buyer is not required to do the same.

I hate to sort of rub salt into the wound so to speak but every single ounce of this issue could and should have been avoided by the OP. He admitted that but it bears reiterating.

Everything bad in life starts at one single point - a nucleus if you will. The whole nucleus of this thread/issue was the OP's decision to send the money in a way that violates the ToS on PP and opened himself up to being scammed.

Sorry about the outcome OP but at least you have a great attitude about it and you are going to LOVE that Ping. And finally you can take solace in the fact that your situation was educational for many members on here in many, many ways.

I just sent my first F&F payment (for some Masters gear the person went out of his way to pick up on his own dime), and quickly realized that my shipping address wasn't included, so PMed the seller within 15 minutes. That was my first time doing F&F, and OP has admitted doing it on a regular basis on hundreds of thousands of transactions, so how it take him so long to communicate his address?

Obviously the seller is a D-Bag (or his "brother"), but don't think the OP should get such a free pass for ignoring common sense, advice given every single time this topic gets brought up. I'm not looking to get flamed, but all these posts about guys willing to "donate funds" to make this guy whole just make me chuckle. I feel for him, but no way I'm coming out of pocket to excuse his lack of judgement. He should've read the PayPal terms before sending F&F, and if not, take your lumps. He has said several times "it's only $80, so no big deal". If it's "only $80", and you went against PayPal policy for buyer protection, why start a thread about it?

I get the whole "looking out for the community" thing, but what about people taking responsibilities for their mistakes, and how much are you helping the "community" with your 27 posts per year? I'm not even sure why you are allowed to use the BST, since you had less than 20 posts when this fiasco started and you didn't buy your way in by paying $35 for a "Charter Membership".

Because it doesn't take $35 per year to sell on the BST, if you don't want to come off $35 to sell for the whole year and are only looking to do a one-time scam. In the lowest-rent penny grab ever, it only costs $5 per listing - if you aren't willing to invest $35 for a whole year's worth of listing sans posting requirement. Users with less than 75 Official posts that are not ClubWRX Members may pay a fee of $5 per listing. That'll keep the bad guys out, right?

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

and OP has admitted doing it on a regular basis on hundreds of thousands of transactions, so how it take him so long to communicate his address?

So how does one get that the OP made "hundreds of thousands of transactions", those are your own quoted words, via F&F when he said he did "many" F&F transactions and then admitted to taking some time to get his address to the seller? So "many" equals hundreds of thousands? Yeah I know it's hyperbole but it was poorly performed on your part. Especially in light of you not understanding at all how somebody with only 20 or so posts can BUY from the BST. :fool:

Just when we thought we'd seen it all, we've got someone chastising someone for sending F&F as they simultaneously admit to just sending F&F.

Mine was done for under $30 to a member who went out of his way to solicit orders from fellow members for Masters gear. I figured the guy didn't deserve to get hit with fees for being so generous, and you can best believe that if my little trinket never shows up I would definitely not be starting a thread over it. That was my point.

WITB:
Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

Mine was done for under $30 to a member who went out of his way to solicit orders from fellow members for Masters gear. I figured the guy didn't deserve to get hit with fees for being so generous, and you can best believe that if my little trinket never shows up I would definitely not be starting a thread over it. That was my point.

If that happens you SHOULD start a thread about it.. why wouldn’t you let others know that a guy screwed you over?? Sending FF is in NO way and excuse to screw someone over. It’s like a test of honor and honesty in a way. Lots of people would do the right thing but there are those bottom feeders that take advantage of someone else’s generosity... they should be outed as fast as possible. We all try and benefit in some way from the BST, the sooner all the scum is out the better it is for the rest of us.

Titleist TSR2 10* GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 3H  Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless 34"

If that happens you SHOULD start a thread about it.. why wouldn’t you let others know that a guy screwed you over?? Sending FF is in NO way and excuse to screw someone over. It’s like a test of honor and honesty in a way. Lots of people would do the right thing but there are those bottom feeders that take advantage of someone else’s generosity... they should be outed as fast as possible. We all try and benefit in some way from the BST, the sooner all the scum is out the better it is for the rest of us.

The user he is referring to, offered to get a wish list from members here to pick up items for them while he was at the Masters. As far as I know, that user never asked that funds be gifted. It was a very nice gesture, and if he would have screwed over the members he was picking up items for, there would have been quite a bit of chatter in the open thread about it. He wasn't using it to make a profit. So, in a situation like that, F&F could very well be justified.

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

The user he is referring to, offered to get a wish list from members here to pick up items for them while he was at the Masters. As far as I know, that user never asked that funds be gifted. It was a very nice gesture, and if he would have screwed over the members he was picking up items for, there would have been quite a bit of chatter in the open thread about it. He wasn't using it to make a profit. So, in a situation like that, F&F could very well be justified.

It is a REALLY nice gesture of the seller in this case. That said....

I am sure there would have been some talk, someone would have stood up and said something even if they did pay F&F.... and I am not saying this person IS looking to screw anyone over. You can always pay goods and services and send a few extra bucks to cover fees if you're so worried about it, then you're protected. Only point I am making is that if someone is willing to take advantage of the fact that there were gifted money, then they should be outed as untrustworthy. The whole BST works on the honor system regardless of payment type and both sides are responsible for holding up their end of the deal. Sending F&F IS a nice gesture, but a seller taking advantage of that should ALWAYS be outed even if it is stupid of the buyer to send....

Titleist TSR2 10* GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 3H  Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless 34"

Let me clarify that. There is indeed two different names associated with those two usernames. They have the same last name and two different first names. I guess the same person could have created both accounts.

How do the social security numbers compare?

ok now you are going too far. I don't care if you agree with how I handled this or not, but again I DIDN'T SCREW ANYONE OVER. I had nothing to do with what happened to the OP in any form whatsoever. If you want to bash on me go right ahead, but these comments right here are way over the line. this BS needs to stop.

No he's your brother, you always got his back and will bail him out. That's what you said right? So send the OP his $80..bail your brother out, you got his back in tough times right?

My brother is not going thru "tough times". This is a misunderstanding, and I'm not responsible to fix it. These are 2 grown men that ran into a messed up deal, they don't need a bail out. I've reached out to the OP to see if I can help make this right somehow, and he just wants the money. I apologized told him its not my place and we left it at that.

Yes just a misunderstanding.

Found this little gem on ebay, seller (anthonapodac7) got some nice feedback on this item (273131279408). I guess the misunderstanding was taking money from someone on here, listing the item on ebay, shipping it (I guess you were correct, he did ship it) and receiving money for it?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Callaway-XR-16-9-Pro-Driver-Head-Only-/273131279408?hash=item3f97e49430%3Ag%3ApEYAAOSwSz1aux8D&nma=true&si=oP%252F76fGwYTFtYF3g0KU7EisQtlo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Found this little gem on ebay, seller (anthonapodac7) got some nice feedback on this item (273131279408). I guess the misunderstanding was taking money from someone on here, listing the item on ebay, shipping it (I guess you were correct, he did ship it) and receiving money for it?

https://www.ebay.com...=p2047675.l2557

Link to the original GolfWRX ad incase anyone is trying to compare the blanket.

Lol, so it is settled. There is no misunderstanding. The seller totally took advantage of the OP. Sold the head here, collected the $$, then sold it on eBay to someone else, who obviously received it. Come on Gh05t. It is obvious that your brother is in the wrong here. If he is confused and for some reason thinks the OP received it, show him this eBay listing and have him refund the OP his money. You are not responsible for ripping off the OP, but you at least have the power to try and make things right here. Would probably save a little face for yourself too.

Taylormade 2024 TP5X

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Callaway-XR-16-9-Pro-Driver-Head-Only-/273131279408?hash=item3f97e49430%3Ag%3ApEYAAOSwSz1aux8D&nma=true&si=oP%252F76fGwYTFtYF3g0KU7EisQtlo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I find it abhorrent that someone would sell their integrity for $75 minus the eBay fees.

Ghost, since you have acted as a distraction for your brother while he completes his petty theft, you are now considered complicit with this action.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1580770-recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3m4-driver-fitting/"][size=2]M3 Taylormade Experience[/size][/url]

Same serial numbers

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

Well, Gh05t was in the thread viewing earlier. I know if it were my brother, I'd be in touch with him pressuring him to make it right. While Gh05t is not directly responsible, there is the guilt by association factor. Plus, given that he stepped up to defend his brother, and now it is obvious his bro is full of it. He put his reputation on the line for his bro, and now it is tarnished over $80.

Taylormade 2024 TP5X

Once again. Wow. Just wow.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

Same serial numbers

Wish they'd let me do this:

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10K (little minus setting) - GD ADXC 7x

3 wood: Taylormade SIM 15* - GD ADDI 7x

5 wood: Ping G30 18* - Diamana Blue 83x

Irons: 5-6 Taylormade 2023 P790s;  7-AW Taylormade 2023 P770s - Project X 6.5

SW: Cleveland RTX4 54* bent to 53* - Project X 7.0 (Tiger-stepped)

LW: Cleveland RTX6 58* bent to 59* - Project X 7.0 (Tiger-stepped)

Putter: 39" Odyssey Jailbird 380 White Hot

I’d now move on to calling the El Paso USPS Postmaster looking for Anthony A. Who knows, maybe his employment wasn’t just another lie from the brothers scum?

“I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from porn is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot

Despite all these threads, I was paid via F&F (unsolicited) for the last 3 items I've sold on BST. I am sure that the #1 reason for this is that PayPal defaults to F&F. All buyers, be diligent when completing a PayPal transaction!!!

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

I'd now move on to calling the El Paso USPS Postmaster looking for Anthony A. Who knows, maybe his employment wasn't just another lie from the brothers scum?

Good ole El Paso, the armpit of America!

Titleist TSi3 8° - Fuji Motore X F3 5-R2 (IYKYK)

Mizuno ST-Z 230 18° @15.75° - Mitsubishi Kai'li Blue 70s

PING iBlade 3i (Power Spec) - TT DG 105 S300

PING i59 4i-PW - TT DG 120 S300

Vokey SM7 Raw 50F, 54S, 58L - KBS Tour 120s

Mizuno OMOI Type 06 - BGT Stability Cobalt 37" (CB)

Snell MTB Prime X

I'm not seeing the pics on the original ad anymore...They were there within the past ten minutes but no longer. Either the mods removed them (unlikely), or they were hosted by the original seller and once his scam was exposed, he pulled them himself so they couldn't be used against him.

Gho5t, I've been patient and respectful to you throughout this exchange, but if you don't offer a response and attempt to make it right now, you are officially enabling your brother's thieving actions.

It's integrity-check time.