Ping I210 irons & Glide forged wedge

GolfWRX

Ok, so I got my i210s in yesterday and naturally had to go out and hit them. Initial thoughts were not good. I thought the feel was off and on course testing showed that the 8,9,W were about half a club short. When I did hit the green, they stopped on a dime so I concluded that they must produce more spin. The long irons were fantastic. Launched a bit higher than the i200 and were very easy to hit.

Went out early this morning to hit them again. Feel was back. I guess yesterday was a bad swing day or something. Took them back on the course and tested the short irons. Again, they were a little short of my normal distances but the feel and dispersion were excellent. Drove to Edwin Watts where I bought the clubs and had them look at the loft and lie. Turns out that the lofts were 1* weak. Adjusted them back to where they should be and hopefully that will get my distance gapping back in line.

I will post my findings after this weekend.

Pros so far:

Dispersion is really good. Really good

The finish looks better and is holding up better than the i200

Consistency

Long irons are easy to hit

What shaft did you end up with?

DG S300. Same as my i200

• Taylormade Qi10 LS at 10.5° - Ventus TR Blue
  • Callaway Ai Smoke Triple D (3) 15° - Project X Denali Blue 70
  • Callaway Ai Smoke Triple D (7) 20° -  Mitsubishi Tensei Blue
  • Ping G Crossover 4 - Mitsubishi MMT
  • Srixon ZX5 MKII Black Chrome 5-W, A
  • Titleist SM10 55°F , 60°M
  • Taylormade Spider Tour Z

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so I got my i210s in yesterday and naturally had to go out and hit them. Initial thoughts were not good. I thought the feel was off and on course testing showed that the 8,9,W were about half a club short. When I did hit the green, they stopped on a dime so I concluded that they must produce more spin. The long irons were fantastic. Launched a bit higher than the i200 and were very easy to hit.

Went out early this morning to hit them again. Feel was back. I guess yesterday was a bad swing day or something. Took them back on the course and tested the short irons. Again, they were a little short of my normal distances but the feel and dispersion were excellent. Drove to Edwin Watts where I bought the clubs and had them look at the loft and lie. Turns out that the lofts were 1* weak. Adjusted them back to where they should be and hopefully that will get my distance gapping back in line.

Pros so far:

Consistency

What shaft did you end up with?

DG S300. Same as my i200

OMG!!!!!!!!!!

I THOUGHT IT WAS ONLY ME!!!!!!!

Let me explain:

I was fitted for the i210’s in DG S300’s, they were delivered on launch day (luckily)

Took them out to the range that day and the distances, gapping and dispersion were absolute MONEY. 10-12 yd gaps on every iron.

Then.....

I just took them out to the range again today and to my surprise.... everything was a mess, see below avg gaps:

5-198

6-185

7-180

8-155

9-145

PW-135

Huge gap between my 7-8, so I slowed my swing down and eased up on the irons a bit and everything was back to being spot on, strange.... a buddy of mine who works at the store I ordered them through is gonna have the lofts looked at tomorrow.

Above poster is correct, the long irons are extremely easy to get going and the consistency is hands down second to none.

Will report back when I find out more but from what I see, the lofts may be off but hopefully it was just a fluke.

Verrrrrry strange that I’m not the only one with this issue....

I just took them out to the range again today and to my surprise.... everything was a mess, see below avg gaps:

5-198

6-185

7-180

8-155

9-145

PW-135

Unless you are able to hit a premium ball on the range, I would put basically no value on your range distances.

7iron needs to come down a bit and it's perfect. Idk what is a mess.

Pros so far:

Consistency

Back for another review after more testing. Had the lofts adjusted and distance gapping for the 9 and W are back in line with where they should be. The 8 iron is a little too close to the 7, so I may need to adjust it back a bit. Had the same issue with the i200 8 iron. Again, feel was great and hitting the long irons is so easy. Dispersion and shot shape were extremely consistent. I may take them to a clubfitter that I occasionally see since he has Trackman and get everything dialed in.

Very happy with these irons

• Taylormade Qi10 LS at 10.5° - Ventus TR Blue
  • Callaway Ai Smoke Triple D (3) 15° - Project X Denali Blue 70
  • Callaway Ai Smoke Triple D (7) 20° -  Mitsubishi Tensei Blue
  • Ping G Crossover 4 - Mitsubishi MMT
  • Srixon ZX5 MKII Black Chrome 5-W, A
  • Titleist SM10 55°F , 60°M
  • Taylormade Spider Tour Z

My order was placed on 7/18 and I got my shipping notification today.

Does this timeframe fall in line with what others are seeing? I am wondering if the digital loft service slowed them down.

Same for me so yes, same time frame. I ordered loft spec changes and 1/2 inch shorter and all D3 on my i500 set that week and got the same ship date as you.

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

Just received my i210's today. Fitted into DG S300's. Went out to the range at Carl's with a buddy of mine (who actually ended up being my fitter)

I'm sold, these are lights out and longer than I initially expected, gapping and dispersion is absolutely spot on and the feel is like nothing else I've ever experienced. Ping deserves the medal for company of the year with their latest releases, they are absolutely owning the market.

Will post pics soon!

is the feel as "buttery" as the rumors are?

I don’t think I would describe them as buttery, but more as solid. They just feel really solid off the face.

Responding to your post because the clubs you list are very similar to mine (but your handicap is much lower, I'm a 3.8 but really a good 5.5 actually). And I'm very sure my swing speed is much less than yours, too. Still, wanted to chime in here that even though my current iron set is about 9 years old with very similar lofts to the i210 power loft package (almost identical) and I'm using the LZ 5.5 shaft, the distances are really disappointing, about 1-1.5 clubs. For me this is a big deal as the gapping wasn't crazy before and the occasional "whoa that went way too long" wasn't all that frequent.

As a LH golfer I probably am SOL in returning them or even getting much back in selling them. By the way, I do get it about gapping and consistent performance, but I'd rather hit a more inconsistent 7 iron (not all that crazy off in distance from shot to shot) than have to hit a 5 iron each time. Yikes! I thought tech was supposed to at least get me to where I was 9 years ago.

I demo'ed the I210's last night. I have been using I25's for the recent past, and honestly I did not notice a massive difference. I thought the I210's looked a lot nicer: a little thinner with less offset. In terms of feel and performance, I did not notice a huge difference to tell the truth. I think I may even like the look of the 200's better than the 210's, so maybe I should try those out as well.

Ping G400 Driver
Ping G400 3 Wood
Adams Pro Black 3 Hybrid
Ping I200 4-9 Irons
Ping Glide 2.0 46/50/56/60
Scotty Cameron GOLO

My order was placed on 7/18 and I got my shipping notification today.

Does this timeframe fall in line with what others are seeing? I am wondering if the digital loft service slowed them down.

Same for me so yes, same time frame. I ordered loft spec changes and 1/2 inch shorter and all D3 on my i500 set that week and got the same ship date as you.

Thanks, now I just wish FedEx wasn’t soooo slow. Shipped last Friday and they deliver tomorrow.

Callaway Mavrik 9* - Rogue 125 70TX
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15* - Riptide 70 6.5
Cobra King 3 Utility - Kuro Kage 100X

Wilson FG Tour V6 - X100
Glide 3.0 46, 51, 56, 60 - X100
Scotty Cameron Newport 3

I demo'ed the I210's last night. I have been using I25's for the recent past, and honestly I did not notice a massive difference. I thought the I210's looked a lot nicer: a little thinner with less offset. In terms of feel and performance, I did not notice a huge difference to tell the truth. I think I may even like the look of the 200's better than the 210's, so maybe I should try those out as well.

can you get i200s? That's what I demo'd and when the shop tried to order my set Ping said they no longer could be ordered.

Finally got a chance to work with my Glide Forged wedges.

Ho. Ly. Spin.

They feel soooooooo good. And they spin an incredible amount. Obviously the grooves are fresh but they’re easily the zippiest new wedges I’ve ever used. They are way easier to flight low than my Glide 2.0 wedges and I love the smaller profile.

And they look incredible in the bag.

PING G410 LST 9* (Weight neutral) - HZRDUS Black 6.5 
PING G410 14.5* LST - Tensei Pro Orange TX 70
PING Blueprint 3-Pw - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING Glide Forged (Ping Man stamps) - 50º/54º/58º - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING PLD Anser "Honey Badger"
Bridgestone Tour B XS

Ho. Ly. Spin.

They feel soooooooo good. And they spin an incredible amount. Obviously the grooves are fresh but they're easily the zippiest new wedges I've ever used. They are way easier to flight low than my Glide 2.0 wedges and I love the smaller profile.

What lofts?

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

Ho. Ly. Spin.

They feel soooooooo good. And they spin an incredible amount. Obviously the grooves are fresh but they're easily the zippiest new wedges I've ever used. They are way easier to flight low than my Glide 2.0 wedges and I love the smaller profile.

What lofts?

50, 54, 58

Bridgestone Tour B XS

The new wedges certainly have grabbed my attention, can't wait to see them in person.

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix

Just hit the 56. Holy hell these are good.

I hit the 210s, and while others say they have "great feel" and "softness", I actually felt robbed of any feedback. I hit several shots and had no idea what it was going to do - granted that's a new "centered" feeling, but it was hitting marshmallows. I've come to not like that. I want to know. On the WEDGES, it was different. A good strike on those didn't feel like a "poof", but rather like that moment when you hit a nail with a hammer, and it goes right through in one shot. Solid solid solid, but not a single unharmonious feel.

The 500s, on the other hand, were very instructive. I got none of the harshness anyone has been going off about until I missed. Then I felt it, but it wasn't a bee sting; just harsh. Great balance, really. I went back to hitting a 210 with the same shaft, and it was "invisible". Now, I mean that as a hell of a compliment. It's even less impactful than my S55s, but... it's just not my thing. In fact, I'd even say the 210s are slightly better than most forged offerings because when you miss a little on a forged iron, it can be very noticeable. The 210, you're going to note it doesn't change much when it's a little off the centre of face.

I know some are going to love the 210 as the most buttery soft iron Ping have ever made. It's so soft, it will make people question "forging" as an upsell.

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

Checked these out in store, look much nicer in person even than in pictures. Basically, a more refined version of the i200 which was already nice. Ping got a lot right here in the design visually. Of course, thats for its category, if you just wanna see a blade, this isnt that, but for this sort of iron, which still "looks like a ping" this might be the nicest looking iron ping has ever produced. Usually cavity backs have some detail I'm less that thrilled with visually, this one tho they got the little things right. Kudos to ping. Of course, I haven't hit it yet, so in the end thats all that will matter. Just glad to see the evolving design at ping.

Can anyone speak to the feel and forgiveness of the Glide 2.0 vs the Glide Forged? Do you feel that the 2.0 is THAT much easier to play? Is the feel of the Forged worth sacrificing the forgiveness?

I didn't notice a huge drop off in forgiveness in Glide Forged. Sure, they're less forgiving but not punishingly so at least in my case. The feel on the Forged is incredible, it's a no brainer for me. Your experience may vary depending on how you use/strike your wedges.

Bridgestone Tour B XS

I'm also interested in sole width of 2.0 vs forged. As a digger I've found both the WS and ES grinds to be useful, the forged looks like conventional SS and I'm not sure how that will work for me out of soft sand

I play the Glide 2.0 with the Back Grind on the 50 and 54, and the Lob Combo Grind on the 58, so I was already basically using the Glide Forged sole shape/size. The Forged sole fits between the SS and TS, so honestly probably not the best for a player that's had success with the WS and ES soles.

Bridgestone Tour B XS

can you get i200s? That's what I demo'd and when the shop tried to order my set Ping said they no longer could be ordered.

Maybe not new, but I have seen some used ones. We have a demo set of I200's in our shop and I hit them as well. Maybe I am just an oddball here, but I really did not notice a huge difference between the 200's, the 210's, and my old I25's. The 210's look the best, the 200's look really good too. The I25's are a little bulkier and have more offset, but I could not really tell a difference in terms of how I hit them all.

Ping G400 Driver
Ping G400 3 Wood
Adams Pro Black 3 Hybrid
Ping I200 4-9 Irons
Ping Glide 2.0 46/50/56/60
Scotty Cameron GOLO

I'm also interested in sole width of 2.0 vs forged. As a digger I've found both the WS and ES grinds to be useful, the forged looks like conventional SS and I'm not sure how that will work for me out of soft sand

I play the Glide 2.0 with the Back Grind on the 50 and 54, and the Lob Combo Grind on the 58, so I was already basically using the Glide Forged sole shape/size. The Forged sole fits between the SS and TS, so honestly probably not the best for a player that's had success with the WS and ES soles.

Thanks - that's what I thought. I still have an Anser forged 54 from when I used to carry three rather than 4 wedges and that has a grind that is similar to how you describe the Glide Forged.

Just hit the 56. Holy hell these are good.

I hit the 210s, and while others say they have "great feel" and "softness", I actually felt robbed of any feedback. I hit several shots and had no idea what it was going to do - granted that's a new "centered" feeling, but it was hitting marshmallows. I've come to not like that. I want to know. On the WEDGES, it was different. A good strike on those didn't feel like a "poof", but rather like that moment when you hit a nail with a hammer, and it goes right through in one shot. Solid solid solid, but not a single unharmonious feel.

The 500s, on the other hand, were very instructive. I got none of the harshness anyone has been going off about until I missed. Then I felt it, but it wasn't a bee sting; just harsh. Great balance, really. I went back to hitting a 210 with the same shaft, and it was "invisible". Now, I mean that as a hell of a compliment. It's even less impactful than my S55s, but... it's just not my thing. In fact, I'd even say the 210s are slightly better than most forged offerings because when you miss a little on a forged iron, it can be very noticeable. The 210, you're going to note it doesn't change much when it's a little off the centre of face.

I know some are going to love the 210 as the most buttery soft iron Ping have ever made. It's so soft, it will make people question "forging" as an upsell.

After 3 demos of the 210 and 500, I've been slowly coming to the same opinion. I thought the i200s were a bit crisp in feel but not at all unpleasant. For my taste, the i210s CTP may be doing it's job too well. A bit over muted for my taste. I agree many will love it, but of the two, I prefer the i200s feel. I think that would be more so playing urethane cover balls compared to range/demo balls.

To my ears, the i500 is closer to the i200 feel than the i210.

for those that have the ordered the glide forged, if you order them over length are you able to get them with normal swingweights (regular glides ping can adjust swing weight w tuning port, not sure what they do w glide forged to get swing weight down)

What length are you looking at?

I'm a +1" player and they could do nothing on the original Anser forged which I'm guessing will be the case here. On the regular Glides 1.0 the best they got for me with Modus 120 was D8

The only company I have found so far that can get to no more than D5 at +1" is Mizuno, but maybe someone can chime in to update on where Ping can get to on the 2.0 or Glide forged

Man FedEx sucks. We had a little storm this afternoon so the driver apparently quit for the day and my clubs still aren’t here. FedEx is always the slowest delivery company anyway. I worked at the hub in Memphis in college and cringe when I see they are shipping my clubs because I remember how packages are handled.

If anyone from Ping reads this, find a new shipping company. FedEx is a terrible joke and I am amazed that people continue to do business with them.

Now I just need to find out who I can yell at locally for their pathetic service.

Callaway Mavrik 9* - Rogue 125 70TX
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15* - Riptide 70 6.5
Cobra King 3 Utility - Kuro Kage 100X

Wilson FG Tour V6 - X100
Glide 3.0 46, 51, 56, 60 - X100
Scotty Cameron Newport 3

Man FedEx sucks. We had a little storm this afternoon so the driver apparently quit for the day and my clubs still aren’t here. FedEx is always the slowest delivery company anyway. I worked at the hub in Memphis in college and cringe when I see they are shipping my clubs because I remember how packages are handled.

If anyone from Ping reads this, find a new shipping company. FedEx is a terrible joke and I am amazed that people continue to do business with them.

Now I just need to find out who I can yell at locally for their pathetic service.

Have you even met UPS? USPS?

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

How many of you who pre-ordered customized i210s have received your order? When did you place your order? Thanks.

Ping G425 Max 9*, Aldila Rogue White 70s

Titleist TS3 4 wood, Diamana Kal’li 70s

New Level 902 PD, PX 6.5

Mizuno S18 50*, PX 6.5

Cleveland CBX2 54*, DG s400 TI

Callaway MD4 58*, DG s400 

Odyssey White Hot OG 7CH