Ping I210 irons & Glide forged wedge

GolfWRX

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My local PGA SS had the i210 and i500 heads on the cart...both righty and lefty. They were wrapped in plastic and there was no signage or anything. I wouldn't have even seen them if i didnt see the cart.

For those wondering, the i500 is not too big at all. Looks good but the i210 and it are much different. I like the look of the 210 but i could see how some will LOVE the i500. Ping has a winner on there hands with both of these.

Cant wait to hit a few this week.

yep, the looks you describe pretty much jive with my experience hitting them this weekend. At my index of a 17, the 500's were too much for me to hit with any consistency. But the I210's I hit very nicely with both the Modus 105 and the stock graphite Alta CB, it really had a nice kick to it for me with that head.

I’m at a similar handicap. Can you explain how the i500’s were too much for you to hit?

Sorry missed this until now.

I was hitting the 500's heavier with more fat misses. The 210's definitely appeared to me to have a bit wider more forgiving sole. So my contact with the 210'a was much more consistent. I honestly don't think I hit one solid shot with the 500's...out of maybe 25 balls.

Even the ones I didn't hit heavy still felt a bit harsher to me than any shot with the 210's

I guess that could be attributed to the elasatomer filling behind the face?

+1 with this.....the sole of the i210 along with the amount of elastomer puts it ahead for me too.

My local PGA SS had the i210 and i500 heads on the cart...both righty and lefty. They were wrapped in plastic and there was no signage or anything. I wouldn't have even seen them if i didnt see the cart.

For those wondering, the i500 is not too big at all. Looks good but the i210 and it are much different. I like the look of the 210 but i could see how some will LOVE the i500. Ping has a winner on there hands with both of these.

Cant wait to hit a few this week.

yep, the looks you describe pretty much jive with my experience hitting them this weekend. At my index of a 17, the 500's were too much for me to hit with any consistency. But the I210's I hit very nicely with both the Modus 105 and the stock graphite Alta CB, it really had a nice kick to it for me with that head.

Im at a similar handicap. Can you explain how the i500s were too much for you to hit?

Sorry missed this until now.

I was hitting the 500's heavier with more fat misses. The 210's definitely appeared to me to have a bit wider more forgiving sole. So my contact with the 210'a was much more consistent. I honestly don't think I hit one solid shot with the 500's...out of maybe 25 balls.

Even the ones I didn't hit heavy still felt a bit harsher to me than any shot with the 210's

I guess that could be attributed to the elasatomer filling behind the face?

inthought the i500 sole was wider than i210

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

Everything I’ve seen has said the i500’s sole is slightly wider, but by an extremely narrow margin. I can’t imagine how the sole of the i210 would have an advantage over the i500.

2 things.... I didn't use a micrometer but the i210 sole is ever so slightly wider...i500 .87 on my rule i210 .92 ...this is in inches...

2nd the design of i210 has more camber and relief in trail edge .... maybe more bounce....not sure

Everything I've seen has said the i500's sole is slightly wider, but by an extremely narrow margin. I can't imagine how the sole of the i210 would have an advantage over the i500.

who knows but i was going to say the exact opposite. from what i remember seeing i was under impression the i210 has the slightly wider sole. i don't remember which site specified this

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

One of the reviews I saw said the heel of the sole was narrower than the i210 then became wider towards the toe. Again, it’s a very small difference either way.

I'm looking at both 7i heads ....the i210 topline is slightly thicker and the sole ....from heel to toe is thicker....in particular the heel....more noticeable ....also the pic doesn't show the clean beveled edge of i210....but toe is ever so slightly larger

Just from knowing how the i200s feel, and seeing how they put more mass behind the sweet spot, I'd most certainly choose the i210s. The face flex on the i500s would drive me nuts. Step on it a little bit and really catch it flush - sounds a bit too easy to fly the green. Love to try out a 3 iron though.

Cobra King LTD Black

Callaway Epic Flash 3w

Callaway Mavrik 5w

Callaway Mavrik Pro 4h

PING iBlade 5-PW
PING Glide 50°
Titleist Vokey 54° s

Ping Glide 58° es

Bettinardi BB1

I saw the i210 and the i500 7 irons this morning. To my eye they look very similar from address. The i500 sole looked slightly thinner and appeared to have less offset than the i210. However, my examination was brief and the only clubs I compared were the 7 irons.

They are both really nice looking clubs in person, with the i500 winning in the looks category for me.

I could see a combo set of i210 in 5 thru PW with i500 3 and 4 irons being an option.

I can't wait to see what the new iblades look like.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

I hit both this afternoon. The i500 looks better imo and feels explosive but they are too long for a full set. A flushed 7i produced 140mph ball speed and around 220 carry... yikes.

The i210 also looks great and feels soft and precise. Distances were repeatable, though still longer than my FG Tour V6’s by 5 - 10 yards.

I tested both of them against the 718cb and for whatever reason the cb turned over more and frequently missed left.

I ordered i500 3i, i210 4-9, Glide 2.0 46*. Looking forward to getting them!

Callaway Mavrik 9* - Rogue 125 70TX
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15* - Riptide 70 6.5
Cobra King 3 Utility - Kuro Kage 100X

Wilson FG Tour V6 - X100
Glide 3.0 46, 51, 56, 60 - X100
Scotty Cameron Newport 3

I hit both this afternoon. The i500 looks better imo and feels explosive but they are too long for a full set. A flushed 7i produced 140mph ball speed and around 220 carry... yikes.

The i210 also looks great and feels soft and precise. Distances were repeatable, though still longer than my FG Tour V6’s by 5 - 10 yards.

I tested both of them against the 718cb and for whatever reason the cb turned over more and frequently missed left.

Did you consider the glide forged at all?

The i210 also looks great and feels soft and precise. Distances were repeatable, though still longer than my FG Tour V6s by 5 - 10 yards.

Did you consider the glide forged at all?

I hit a lot of range balls at a very sandy range. I replace wedges yearly now. I did not consider the Glide Forged for durability only. I did also add a Glide 2.0 Stealth 60 TS today as well.

Also, I already have the 50 (bent to 51) and 56 in the 2.0 dark and love them. Great wedges imo.

Wilson FG Tour V6 - X100
Scotty Cameron Newport 3

"A flushed 7i produced 140mph ball speed and around 220 carry... yikes."

Good lard...sometimes i dont hit my driver that far...

Dustin Johnson doesn't hit his 7 iron that far!

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

Well then....are you saying DJ needs to work on his strength training :-)

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

I don’t hit a normal 7i that far either. The i210 was around 200 to maybe 205 carry, a little longer than I like so I ordered 1* weak. My point was the i500 is really hot, low spinning, and long. Too long for a full set for me.

Wilson FG Tour V6 - X100
Scotty Cameron Newport 3

I have my fitting tonight. Irons and hybrid. Don’t think they have anything other than the 7iron setup in the cart. Looking for high launch and need spin or stopping power.

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

So I just hit the i210 and the i500. Huge fan of the i210, not so much of the i500. Question for you guys. I was hitting the i210 7 iron about 185-190 (normal 7iron for me) but I noticed that the i210 launched and flies much much higher then anything else I have ever played. It definitely wasn’t ballooning and I didn’t loose distance. I did move the ball around in my stance and played with different trajectories and it would do what I want. But my stock shot was a towering 7 iron. My question is why is his club launching so much higher and should I be worried about that?

Note, played with different shafts

X100

X100 -120 tour issue

AWT x100

Kbs xstiff.

I have my fitting tonight. Irons and hybrid. Dont think they have anything other than the 7iron setup in the cart. Looking for high launch and need spin or stopping power.

What flex do you normally use?

Project x 6.0

Tried to like the i500 with every shaft that was the same weight as close to my px as I could.

Hated it. Loved the way the 210 felt and the shots. But just don’t like the look at address. The top line ruins it for me. I could get used to it, but the i500 was so beautiful.

But when we mixed the green dot with the modus 3 and the i500 it was magical.

So got that 4/5/6 strong 1 degree with hot melt to get D3.

I also ordered a G400 17* hybrid with a recoil 80F4

Trying to get them to digitally lift it or bend it 1* strong as well as that’s my 4 wood.

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

So I just hit the i210 and the i500. Huge fan of the i210, not so much of the i500. Question for you guys. I was hitting the i210 7 iron about 185-190 (normal 7iron for me) but I noticed that the i210 launched and flies much much higher then anything else I have ever played. It definitely wasn’t ballooning and I didn’t loose distance. I did move the ball around in my stance and played with different trajectories and it would do what I want. But my stock shot was a towering 7 iron. My question is why is his club launching so much higher and should I be worried about that?

Note, played with different shafts

X100

X100 -120 tour issue

AWT x100

Kbs xstiff.

Nowhere your length but also noticed a significant gain in launch and trajectory without ballooning.....LOVE IT! But that's just me....

I have my fitting tonight. Irons and hybrid. Don’t think they have anything other than the 7iron setup in the cart. Looking for high launch and need spin or stopping power.

What flex do you normally use?

Project x 6.0

Tried to like the i500 with every shaft that was the same weight as close to my px as I could.

Hated it. Loved the way the 210 felt and the shots. But just don’t like the look at address. The top line ruins it for me. I could get used to it, but the i500 was so beautiful.

But when we mixed the green dot with the modus 3 and the i500 it was magical.

So got that 4/5/6 strong 1 degree with hot melt to get D3.

I also ordered a G400 17* hybrid with a recoil 80F4

Trying to get them to digitally lift it or bend it 1* strong as well as that’s my 4 wood.

Which modus? 120, 125 or 130? And glad you found that match!

Everything Ive seen has said the i500s sole is slightly wider, but by an extremely narrow margin. I cant imagine how the sole of the i210 would have an advantage over the i500.

2 things.... I didn't use a micrometer but the i210 sole is ever so slightly wider...i500 .87 on my rule i210 .92 ...this is in inches...

2nd the design of i210 has more camber and relief in trail edge .... maybe more bounce....not sure

Yeah that could be it. I was just going visually on the sole size and I have horrible vision....so there’s that. But what ever the reason the 210 was just making crisper and cleaner contact and it wasn’t even close.

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

Is it me, or are the 210s a bit longer vs. 200s? Really liking the 210s right now. Softer and a bit longer than the 200s for me. Love the look of the 500s, but not $400+ more.

Ping Traverse

TM Qi10 10.5*

TM Qi10 4/7W

TM P790 5-AW

TM Hi Toe 3 54/58*

TM TP Black Soto

TP5

Super Bowl LII Champions Fly Eagles Fly! 🦅