Titleist's new TS 2 & TS 3 driver - shot @ 2018 US Open

GolfWRX

why did they do away with the 44cc head?

I have no idea why (personally I like a smaller head size), but maybe they were able to get the launch and spin that they were achieving with the 440cc head but now in a 460cc head size? So maybe a lower launch/spin but now with a bit higher MOI?

Just a complete guess though.

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Info from a Titleist contact -

Stock shafts for drivers and fairways of the following:

-Kuro Kage

-Tensei Blue (doesn't appear to be the PRO, as it is a little lighter at 55g in weight, but same BB profile)

-Hzrdus Smoke

-EvenFlow White

TS3 - 460 CC with a more traditional pear-shaped look. Slightly lower launch and spin

TS2 - 460 CC with more of a "modern" look. CG farther deep and low. Slightly higher launch and more spin.

Relatively the same in the fairways.

Thanks for the info. Anything confirmed on release date or price point on these yet?

All the fitters should have their heads and shafts by September 1st. Official demo fitting starts September 6th, that will be the first Titleist Thursdays you will see on the schedule. The release will be the end of September but early orders might get theirs sooner, similar to what happened with the 718 irons. MAP for both drivers will be $499 and MAP for both fairways will be $299.

Thanks for the info!

I’ve now played a round with the TS2 last week and a TS3 last night. I used the same shaft and the same loft with both heads. I like the TS3 better and will be ordering one asap. I currently use a 917 D3

Any sizeable difference between the 917 D3 and the TS3? I have both the 917 D3 and D2, and find myself liking the larger D2 head lately. I’m hoping the TS3 falls somewhere in the middle.

I haven’t had a titleist driver since the 975j. May have to give one of these a try.

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

Iâve now played a round with the TS2 last week and a TS3 last night. I used the same shaft and the same loft with both heads. I like the TS3 better and will be ordering one asap. I currently use a 917 D3

Any sizeable difference between the 917 D3 and the TS3? I have both the 917 D3 and D2, and find myself liking the larger D2 head lately. Im hoping the TS3 falls somewhere in the middle.

Ts3 is 460cc, noticeably larger at address than the 917, still looks great though!

-Kuro Kage

-Tensei Blue (doesn't appear to be the PRO, as it is a little lighter at 55g in weight, but same BB profile)

-Hzrdus Smoke

-EvenFlow White

TS3 - 460 CC with a more traditional pear-shaped look. Slightly lower launch and spin

TS2 - 460 CC with more of a "modern" look. CG farther deep and low. Slightly higher launch and more spin.

Thanks for the info. Anything confirmed on release date or price point on these yet?

All the fitters should have their heads and shafts by September 1st. Official demo fitting starts September 6th, that will be the first Titleist Thursdays you will see on the schedule. The release will be the end of September but early orders might get theirs sooner, similar to what happened with the 718 irons. MAP for both drivers will be $499 and MAP for both fairways will be $299.

Thanks for the info!

fairway woods $300?? this is getting insane....no wonder young kids cant afford to play this great game....I love Titleist, but the prices of today are just insane...

-Kuro Kage

-Hzrdus Smoke

-EvenFlow White

Thanks for the info!

fairway woods $300?? this is getting insane....no wonder young kids cant afford to play this great game....I love Titleist, but the prices of today are just insane...

Theres plenty of affordable options for great quality used equipment. Especially at a young age where they do not need high end new equipment that they may only uses for a year and then they decide they want to play a different sport.

Young kids change there tastes of activities quite frequently.

I've seen many of well off families who can more than afford the $300 price tag who choose not to because they admit they are not sure that their child will be playing golf in a month let alone in a year because they cant settle on a sport. There is simply no reason to invest that type of money on sports equipment for a child year after year unless you as a parent and child are certain golf is their path.

-Kuro Kage

-Hzrdus Smoke

-EvenFlow White

Thanks for the info!

It's not just Titleist. That is your basic industry pricing for a fairway wood.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

-Kuro Kage

-Hzrdus Smoke

-EvenFlow White

Thanks for the info!

I've been playing golf since I was 2 years old, and buying my own gear since I was 18. I'm down to a 4.3 handicap, and I've never paid full retail price for any equipment. As soon as the new year's models come out, you can find the previous ones on eBay/Craigslist/forums for a fraction of a price.

Hell, I saw a Cobra F8+ fairway wood with an upgraded premium shaft (Oban Kiyoshi Gold) for $200 yesterday. That's Cobras current model, that retails for $249 + a $360 shaft.

It's really easy to get quality equipment for a very affordable price if you know where to look and have a little patience.

Thanks for the info!

oh I know....but drivers $500 off the rack? its insane....I just kept the discussion to Titleist but I know its every OEM

Thanks for the info!

oh I know....but drivers $500 off the rack? its insane....I just kept the discussion to Titleist but I know its every OEM

The prices are back to where they were in the late nineties (£549 for Biggest Big Bertha if memory serves.) if were all buying less equipment for a whole variety of reasons then surely simple economics says the price will go up??

917 D3 10.5 Diamana S+ LTD 60x
917 F2 16.5 Kurokage Dual Core Silver 70x
818 H2 21 Oban Kiyoshi Black 95/05 or 718 T-MB 3i DG TI AMT
718 T-MB 4i DG AMT White Tour ss X100
718 AP2 5-9 DG AMT White Tour ss X100
SM7 Raw Handground 46F, 50F, 54S, 58D- DG AMT S400 & DGTI ONYX S400
SC Futura 5.5m
19’ Pro V1x

I’ve now played a round with the TS2 last week and a TS3 last night. I used the same shaft and the same loft with both heads. I like the TS3 better and will be ordering one asap. I currently use a 917 D3

Any sizeable difference between the 917 D3 and the TS3? I have both the 917 D3 and D2, and find myself liking the larger D2 head lately. I’m hoping the TS3 falls somewhere in the middle.

Ts3 is 460cc, noticeably larger at address than the 917, still looks great though!

Are we talking something that resembles say maybe, the 905r in terms of looks? I could really get on board with that... I like the smaller looking heads that are still 460cc. At the same time it is hard to ignore a TS2 that may could give say a G400 Max a run for its money.... I'm really excited for these to hit the stores!

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Are we talking something that resembles say maybe, the 905r in terms of looks? I could really get on board with that... I like the smaller looking heads that are still 460cc. At the same time it is hard to ignore a TS2 that may could give say a G400 Max a run for its money.... I'm really excited for these to hit the stores!

TS3 - traditional pear-shaped profile, likely similar to prior D3 iterations.

TS2 - more "modern" shape.

TSR3 10*/AD-DI 6x
TSR2 15*/AD-DI 7x
TS2 19*/AD-IZ 85x

T200 4/AD-IZ 95x

T100 5-9/PX LZ
SM9 46F, 50F, 54S, 60M/PX LZ

SC NP2 Tour CT Custom

Pro V1x

Thanks for the info!

The prices are back to where they were in the late nineties (£549 for Biggest Big Bertha if memory serves.) if were all buying less equipment for a whole variety of reasons then surely simple economics says the price will go up??

Maybe I'm just mad I have to try and find a way to justify the purchase with the family.....:)

Thanks for the info!

Maybe I'm just mad I have to try and find a way to justify the purchase with the family.....:)

I just say

"I'm buying a new driver because I play golf. You know like you buy new purses because you carry purses".

Works out ok.

-Kuro Kage

-Hzrdus Smoke

-EvenFlow White

Thanks for the info!

That's why they have Callaway, the price just dives after several months, and it's easy to fine new older models for a really cheap price.

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

Thanks for the info!

Yeah, and i got fit for a 917 with a Tensei Pro, came out to 700 plus tax, so i skipped.

I won't be able to skip the TS2, looks too beautiful

If i'm going to spend 700, might as well get the weight kit to tinker with at the same time, what is that another 150 bucks? so it's going to be a 920 dollar purchase.

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

-Kuro Kage

-Hzrdus Smoke

-EvenFlow White

Thanks for the info!

You can buy the next Mizuno FW a couple months after release for $100,

Thanks for the info!

I just say

"I'm buying a new driver because I play golf. You know like you buy new purses because you carry purses".

Works out ok.

It works for like 15yrs then the statute of limitations kicks in and they become very MEAN. Get these crazy eyes that say I wanna skin you and put you out for the crows! Oh, and you loose all credit for the money you spent on purses, end of story.

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

Thanks for the info!

300 in the year 2000 = $440 today. That's inflation, same value of money. I know it's shocking because I'm getting older and I remember the older prices as "normal".

Thanks for the info!

It happened before that. I believe the 1995 Callaway Great Big Bertha was the first major OEM release to retail for $500. Accounting for inflation would bring that to $826 in 2018. I am actually surprised that flagship models from the major US OEMs do not cost more.

MAP for the 917 Fairways is $300, MSRP is $350. They didn't increase the pricing for the TS2 and TS3, it is the same.

Actually the 917 fairway started at $319 minimum advertising price...look back 20 years ago the 975d driver was $399 and Callaway’s biggest Bertha was $499...we are actually pretty lucky it hasn’t been higher...just look at the prices of phones

Under construction....

Visited the Titleist tour van at the European tour this week and according to them most pros are going for the TS3 even if they played 917D2 previously. The TS3 is now just as stable as 917D2 was. According to the tour van they see ballspeed increase from 2,5-3 mph with higher launch for tour pros. The heads are made all titanium. That is probably good from a pricing point.

During my visit I was standing next to the tour pro Maximilinan Kieffer trying a TS3 driver out at the range with trackman and a Titleist fitter. The sound was very good according to me. More muted sound than previous Titleist drivers. More similar to the 910 than 915/917 Max tried it with an Aldila rogue black 110 MSI 60 TX flex shaft. He looked happy about the TS3 afterwards as he gained ballspeed compared to his old driver.

Video link:

Overall I got the feeling that the Titleist staff is really excited and believe a lot in the new TS drivers.

MAP for the 917 Fairways is $300, MSRP is $350. They didn't increase the pricing for the TS2 and TS3, it is the same.

Actually the 917 fairway started at $319 minimum advertising price...look back 20 years ago the 975d driver was $399 and Callaway’s biggest Bertha was $499...we are actually pretty lucky it hasn’t been higher...just look at the prices of phones

$1000-$1200 to look at facebook and twitter? whats wrong with that? lol