G400 driver replacement in January

herbygolf21

G410 is retailing for $499. Tensei CK Series 60 Orange and EvenFlow Black 75 are both no cost upgrade shafts.

Fairways are $289 with Tensei CK Orange 70 and EvenFlow Black 85.

Hybrids are $249 with Tensei Pro Blue 70 and EvenFlow Black 85.

No word on actual release date yet.

I was told early March.

My contact seemed to think the hybrids and fairways will be shipping late January. Drivers will ship first week of March.

I was told during my meeting that all would ship at the same time. Could be wrong though, and may be subject to change between now and then.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$500 does seem like a big jump but when you consider the Tour Shaft was a $35 up charge and shafts in the range they are offering as "no upcharge" options previously was a $75 up charge.

That's basically how they're getting away with charging $500. Giving you the original up charge shafts for no upcharge, but raising the price of the driver.

Normal tick-tick strategy. After a release or two, the shafts will cost, but the price will be left at 499.

The marginal difference in sales won’t outweigh the margin gain, and frankly you’re looking at Ping and Taylormade and Callaway. If you have 4/10 longest on the PGA, they probably could charge $600 and be fine.

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

Exciting stuff ! I’m not sure if I should get the max or the low spin...

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

Good...lemme get a G400 MAX under $200 lightly used and I'm a buyer.

Basically what all of us are waiting for, so by all means, Ping release that new driver.

#HereComesAffordability

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

if the new version is better than the current I'd be shocked. I just had my first go around with the g400 LST, and this thing is crazy. I hit one foul ball, which was just a bad line to take by me. I just don't know what Ping could do improve this. It feels so much better than the G/G30, it is visually more appealing, and it won't make your ears bleed. It doesn't seem like Pings MO to chase distance at all cost. I just don't see something released that sacrifices any forgiveness for lower spin or faster ball speed.

They did a great job keeping this much forgiveness in such a small package.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

if the new version is better than the current I'd be shocked. I just had my first go around with the g400 LST, and this thing is crazy. I hit one foul ball, which was just a bad line to take by me. I just don't know what Ping could do improve this. It feels so much better than the G/G30, it is visually more appealing, and it won't make your ears bleed. It doesn't seem like Pings MO to chase distance at all cost. I just don't see something released that sacrifices any forgiveness for lower spin or faster ball speed.

From what I have seen and heard, it will be very hard for Ping to greatly improve on the design of the 400 and Ping even knows this. What I think you will see is them touting much better adjustability through the new sleeve and weighting. So if the 400 fits you perfectly, it will be tough to beat but we all know about Ping's mantra for custom fitting. These drivers will take that to the next level.

From what I have seen and heard, it will be very hard for Ping to greatly improve on the design of the 400 and Ping even knows this. What I think you will see is them touting much better adjustability through the new sleeve and weighting. So if the 400 fits you perfectly, it will be tough to beat but we all know about Ping's mantra for custom fitting. These drivers will take that to the next level.

To their credit, I don't know if I've ever heard them tout any of their newest offerings as rendering their last model obsolete. I don't know if it fits me perfectly or not. I don't have LM access, can only go off of real world results. Season is rapidly coming to a close, so I may pick up a shaft that is a known performer for me in the off season to get into play next spring. That is, if I can keep myself from selling out for the Epic Flash. All I know is, I'm ready to sell my Rogue SZ, which I've never loved but always hit pretty well.

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

So would an increased moi g400 just become the g400 max?

That is kind of what I was thinking? If they have a club head that is 5cc smaller than the Max with high MOI, do they even need to refresh the Max? Maybe a shallower face with a more stretched out footprint to really push the CG back as far as possible I suppose.

They will refresh it if they care to cash in on those that just have to have the latest and “best”. Ping has said they didn’t expect the results/response that the Max got, so I’d be surprised if they didn’t take what they do with the 410 and throw it in a head that is marginally larger. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

The downside though if i understand correctly is that they are finally moving to a new hosel....so if you have a lot of shafts stocked up on for the G30/G years, you are better off getting a G400 than the new driver, as the shafts will all be compatible.

I have a Black Tie 80 that i could use in a G400 head for example

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

The downside though if i understand correctly is that they are finally moving to a new hosel....so if you have a lot of shafts stocked up on for the G30/G years, you are better off getting a G400 than the new driver, as the shafts will all be compatible.

G400 is no joke either. It feels very easy to swing fast if that makes sense. I think all of the aerodynamic tech they have actually makes a difference. I personally thought it was just marketing bs. But, I can hear it when I seeing it vs my Rogue. The Rogue had noticeably more drag as you swing.

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

G400 is no joke either. It feels very easy to swing fast if that makes sense. I think all of the aerodynamic tech they have actually makes a difference. I personally thought it was just marketing bs. But, I can hear it when I seeing it vs my Rogue. The Rogue had noticeably more drag as you swing.

I'm interested in seeing the price reduction. If it's like 50$ I'm just gonna get a new driver. But if it's like 200-250 than the G400 may be nice

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I'm interested in seeing the price reduction. If it's like 50$ I'm just gonna get a new driver. But if it's like 200-250 than the G400 may be nice

I got impatient and picked up a used one here. The hype around the new Callaway driver has me intruiged though as usual.

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

G410 in Jan-Feb. Won’t have an LST until summer. Higher MOI, More adjustablitly in hosel and adjustable/sliding weights similar to the others we all know. Will have LST fairway woods which is AWESOME. Love the G/G400 3 wood heads, but at the end of the day you can’t expect a high launching/spinning head design to be something it’s not (no matter what shaft goes in)...G400 LST has been an unbelievable for me personally

G410 in Jan-Feb. Won’t have an LST until summer. Higher MOI, More adjustablitly in hosel and adjustable/sliding weights similar to the others we all know. Will have LST fairway woods which is AWESOME. Love the G/G400 3 wood heads, but at the end of the day you can’t expect a high launching/spinning head design to be something it’s not (no matter what shaft goes in)...G400 LST has been an unbelievable for me personally

Sliding weights or 3 ports to move a single weight around?

The sliding weight has been refuted several times on here.

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

Very interested to see how they have improved... like many others on this thread, I can't imagine anything beating out my G400 LST. All season this club has dominated. Its actually unexplainable how consistent and well performing this club has been for me. Ping has just been on fire lately and seems to be dominating every part of their lineup!

I couldn't agree more.

It's been a complete game changer for me

No sliding weight, just 3 positions for 1 weight draw,fade, neutral. Like the colour, like what theyve done with dragonfly tech cleaned up hugely. New adapter allows little more adjustability, the iron is one of the cleanest looking game improvement irons I have ever seen they did an incredible job in this department.

No sliding weight, just 3 positions for 1 weight draw,fade, neutral. Like the colour, like what theyve done with dragonfly tech cleaned up hugely. New adapter allows little more adjustability, the iron is one of the cleanest looking game improvement irons I have ever seen they did an incredible job in this department.

When not using the other 2 ports do they just have a plastic plug like the F7 driver ?

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

Makes sense for the weight port idea, if they are set up one forward, one back, and one in the heel. You are basically getting the 3 heads they offer in one package, heavy weight in back is standard, heavy weight forward is LST, and heavy weight in heel is SFT. Good from a business standpoint so they dont end up with "dead" stock of the less popular heads and also simplifies production, produce one head instead of 3 different models. Similar to what they are now doing with the adjustable putter line. One adjustable length instead of 33", 34", and 35. Seems like Ping is trying to streamline the production and inventory side of things.

Driver: Cobra Darkspeed X 9* Tour 2.0 Black 65X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 14* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 19.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Irons:  PXG 0317 CB 5-GW KBS Tour 130X

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 54S Modus 125W

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 58S Modus 125W

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

Makes sense for the weight port idea, if they are set up one forward, one back, and one in the heel. You are basically getting the 3 heads they offer in one package, heavy weight in back is standard, heavy weight forward is LST, and heavy weight in heel is SFT. Good from a business standpoint so they dont end up with "dead" stock of the less popular heads and also simplifies production, produce one head instead of 3 different models. Similar to what they are now doing with the adjustable putter line. One adjustable length instead of 33", 34", and 35. Seems like Ping is trying to streamline the production and inventory side of things.

But, they are in fact bringing out an LST model of the G410, just later. As well as an SFT model, which should launch at the same time as the standard head.

I would agree. Because the G400 line is so good, I will look at the new one, but it's hard for me to believe that they could improve upon the 400 line. It is the benchmark for any other driver I put in my hands. Even if the 410 is "better" it can not be enough to render the 400 not worth buying. It will become the best value out there when they drop the price on them. Ping did such a good job with these.

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Does anyone know if the MAX will be discounted Thursday along with the rest of the g400 range for certain?

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

Possibly not as the max is not being replaced. I don’t know but the way I understand it is the new driver line only is replacing the standard driver. The others will not be replaced yet.

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

Dang, the G400 is going to be $200 cheaper than the new model? They may be shooting themselves in the foot there.

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

It won’t be the pro version. Still a nice option for stock shaft though!

Can you tell us what a "pro" version is?

More money! :)

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.