2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Interesting development - $3000 pay to caddy from a $1.3 million winners check? (MOD EDIT - NO POLIT

For those bashing Kuch, how do you know Tom Gillis is truly privy to the details of what the caddy was paid? Cripes sake---Gillis on Twitter is everything wrong with the internet.

Gillis says 3k.

That guy who played with the caddie says 5k.

Kuch is looking like a $hithead here.

Dont know if he cares.

But he does.

Gillis implied on Twitter that Kuchar issued an IOU due to lack of cash but never followed through with the promised payment:

That may explain the two different numbers being thrown around.

So, Mayakoba doesn’t have a bank setup to cash checks for players and caddies?

Cash only business? Little tougher to do taxes for expenses that week I guess

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I have a source who's very close to Matt Kuchar. I'm being told that Matt would like you all to know that he doesn't care if you buy Sketchers or not because he wasn't planning on re-upping his contract with them. That's all I've heard so far but I'll keep you up to date.

I have six pair (seriously!). I will be burning them tonight along with my Bridgestone(?) golf balls…

Please tell me this is sarcasm...

Sadly, no.

Except the part of me burning my shoes… :-)

PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - 65s
Titleist TSi2 16.5* 4w - Tensei Blue - 65s

Titleist TSi2 3H (18*), 4H (21*) - Tensei Blue 65s
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H, 6H, 7H ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S; Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 low-bounce 60* DG s400
PING Sigma 2 Valor 400 Counter-Balanced, 38"

Wow. This sure is a strangely passionate topic.

I’m trying hard to get worked up about it so I can jump into the fray because I’m bored..... but It just isn’t working.

Well, you could start by letting us know how much you make in a year, and then how much you have paid anyone who's done work for you, and what you have tipped people in the service industries

We'll need everything relevant from 2018 and 2017

Then, we'll give you feedback on how you should spend your money.

whitney.gif?w=480

Kuch might be the undercover tour pro and so he's a foreigner, doesn't get the whole tipping thing.

Tipped the punter at the airport who pointed out where the cabs are, tipped someone who took his bags 15ft from the door to the sidewalk, tipped the cab driver, tipped the concierge, the porter, the receptionist and the guy in the room who helpfully pointed out where the bathroom was. Came downstairs tipped the concierge again (on spec), tipped the maître d, the waitress, the bus boy and a random dude who walked past the table.

Tipped half a dozen punters at the course, the pro, the greenkeeper etc...……….finally when the caddie put his hand out again after getting 3k he's gone all Peter Finch in Network.

I just read the first 3 pages and that’s all I need.

Guy makes over a million and pays the caddie that amount is pathetic - period.

To all the captains of commerce chiming in with ‘independent contractor’, ‘negotiating skills’ blah, blah, blah - I am calling BS. What are you talking about?? Some privileged jerk who gets to do what he loves for a job stiffs a local out of what any caddy is reasonably entitled to and you are trying to justify it? Glad none of you are in my group tomorrow.

Rob from Sydney

Its all about the facts if we ever find them out. If true shame on him. If not no harm no foul! Isnt it that simple?

Problem is no one cares if it’s true or not, they have already condemned Kuchar as guilty. This topic is so quixotic, why do people care about what another person does with his money? If you are friends with Matt then I can see that affecting the way you might view him, but I doubt it. The only thing that I think y’all should judge Matt on is the quality of his golf game. That’s really it. I like Matt because he’s a good player.

Again I harken back to you don’t know Matt has millions, people make bad investments all the time. So to use the he’s a millionaire he should give more...why?

If all of you are seriously golf fans, you’ve never heard of Tom Gillis? Ever? Not that he’s a world beater but he’s won on the Web, has a runner up to Jordan Spieth. And won a few mini tour events (Waterloo Open, which for mini tour players is the Masters good check good town good course!).

The restaurant analogy someone used of a 1000 dollar bill and 20 dollar tip? Every restaurant, bar, cantina wherever where the tab was greater than 1000 the tip was already included so I have a hard time believing those analogies.

And all of you saying that you’d do better than Matt, good for you. You’re a better person than Matt Kuchar...put it on your gravestone. Here Lies John Smith. “I tip more than Matt Kuchar”

Don’t bother answering any of these questions I’m out permanently, this place used to be about golf and now it’s devolved into a black hole of gossip and trash.

To all the captains of commerce chiming in with ‘independent contractor’, ‘negotiating skills’ blah, blah, blah - I am calling BS. What are you talking about?? Some privileged jerk who gets to do what he loves for a job stiffs a local out of what any caddy is reasonably entitled to and you are trying to justify it? Glad none of you are in my group tomorrow.

Rob from Sydney

There's no proof of anything which is typical of threads like this. Only hearsay.

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,23.5,28.5 Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Redwood Anser

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

Kuchar (and his dad) had dinner at Tiger's restaurant. This says it all.

Not only does he not pay his caddie fair wages but he doesn't like Tiger, apparently.

Whoa...

Disdain for Phil = Disdain for Kooch???

Can't stand him.

Maybe he tipped with cash. I hardly ever putt the tip on the copy of the receipt.

Titleist TSR 2  9°

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Redwood Anser

It’s all about the facts if we ever find them out. If true shame on him. If not no harm no foul! Isn’t it that simple?

Problem is no one cares if it’s true or not, they have already condemned Kuchar as guilty. This topic is so quixotic, why do people care about what another person does with his money? If you are friends with Matt then I can see that affecting the way you might view him, but I doubt it. The only thing that I think y’all should judge Matt on is the quality of his golf game. That’s really it. I like Matt because he’s a good player.

Again I harken back to you don’t know Matt has millions, people make bad investments all the time. So to use the he’s a millionaire he should give more...why?

If all of you are seriously golf fans, you’ve never heard of Tom Gillis? Ever? Not that he’s a world beater but he’s won on the Web, has a runner up to Jordan Spieth. And won a few mini tour events (Waterloo Open, which for mini tour players is the Masters good check good town good course!).

The restaurant analogy someone used of a 1000 dollar bill and 20 dollar tip? Every restaurant, bar, cantina wherever where the tab was greater than 1000 the tip was already included so I have a hard time believing those analogies.

And all of you saying that you’d do better than Matt, good for you. You’re a better person than Matt Kuchar...put it on your gravestone. Here Lies John Smith. “I tip more than Matt Kuchar”

Don’t bother answering any of these questions I’m out permanently, this place used to be about golf and now it’s devolved into a black hole of gossip and trash.

Nope. Never heard of him. And I went to bed at midnight watching live golf and woke up watching live golf. Couldn’t pick him from a lineup still. He doesn’t show his face on twitter either.

I’m one of The ones here who agrees with most of both sides. I agree do what you what with your money. I don’t know of an instance in real like that I’ve told someone how to spend theirs unless asked . But at the same time. Kuchar is coming out of this looking like an a**. Like a guy taking advantage of a situation. I agree the full 10% maybe too much for a stand in. But. $3k and an IOU is a bit like a $1 tip on a $100 check. Don’t think about it as “ it’s enough for this time “. Think about “ what if I want to use him again next time “. His services might not be so available or good next time. Just like that waitress you stiffed last time. I have this conversation with my Father in law all the time. He complains of bad service everywhere. I tell him I get good service everywhere. And then I tell him his $1 tip is the source of his troubles. He scoffs and refuses to see reason. And he ain’t poor either.

And I’ll add. The reason the tip is included on big checks or big parties now is because of people who don’t tip.

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

It’s all about the facts if we ever find them out. If true shame on him. If not no harm no foul! Isn’t it that simple?

Sad but true. I see it more often whenever cabin fever is in full swing.

63 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

TM Qi10 9*, GD XC-6 stiff

TM Qi10 Tour 15*

SIM2 Max 21* Diamana 75-S

Qi10 Rescue 25* & 28* UST V2

TM P770 5-PW, DG120 S300

TM MG4 50*, 54* & 58* DG 120 S300

Odyssey White Ice DART 46"

Start a freaking GoFundme for the poor guy for Pete's sake!

Additionally, using a snapshot at 1/250th of a second to determine whether the dude is smiling or not is literally STUPID! What if he was in the process of smiling?

Hogan's Secret.......it's in plain sight but not for everyone...
https://6sigmagolfrx.com/
2017 Taylormade M2 9.5 (set at 10.5) w/ Diamana S+ Blueboard 60 S
2010 Tour Edge Exotics XCG3 3W w/Fujikura Motore S 15 deg
2014 Taylormade SLDR S HL 3W 17deg Fujikura Speeder 65 R, shortened
2017 Tour Edge Exotics 3H UST Mamiya 670 S
2009 Callaway Xforged 3i w/ KBS tour S
2012 Cobra Amp Forged 4-GW w/ Fujikura Pro i95 S
2013 Miura forged 54 & 58 wedges - w/ DG Tour issue S
Ping Cadence Rustler Traditional putter

Rob from Sydney

“Entitled to”.... yikes

"By PGA TOUR Staff

In 2010, Matt Kuchar and his wife, Sybi, began supporting Camp Twin Lakes.

In 2012, the couple – former Georgia Tech standouts in golf and tennis, respectively – started hosting the annual Camp Twin Lakes Golf Tournament, which has since raised more than $1.7 million to provide transformative summer camp adventures for thousands of Georgia kids who are not able to attend typical camps."

“In 2018 alone, Matt’s support has enabled us to provide week-long therapeutic camping experiences for 90 children with serious illnesses, disabilities, and other life challenges,” said Camp Twin Lakes COO Dan Matthews. “With help from our donors, Camp Twin Lakes is able to subsidize 70 percent of the cost of each camper, and most of our campers attend camp at no cost to their families.

“We are so grateful to Matt for helping create this opportunity for our campers to build confidence, independence, community, and healing through his support of Camp Twin Lakes.”

A seven-time winner on the PGA TOUR – including THE PLAYERS Championship in 2012 – Kuchar’s donation aided CTL in hosting a record 3,600 Georgia children and young adults this summer alone. Several of these campers attend the CTL Golf Tournament each year and have developed a bond with Kuchar, including Noel Reese, a 14-year-old who has epilepsy and is an avid golfer"

“It is through camp that I have met many wonderful people, including Mr. Kuchar. Mr. Kuchar is an amazing man with a heart of gold. He is a big inspiration to me when it comes to playing golf. …Meeting him is a privilege that I would not have without the amazing people at Camp Twin Lakes. Camp is an amazing place. I have referred to it many times as my ‘home away from home."

“I am so very grateful for Camp Twin Lakes and the generosity of Matt Kuchar,” said Kim Reese, mother of the three children. “For a couple of years before an epilepsy diagnosis, Noel had attended a ‘regular’ sleepaway camp. I knew the experience of that type of freedom was so very important for her, something I didn’t want her to lose.

“Along with CTL, Mr. Kuchar has had a great impact on Noel’s life. Because of him, she wants to join the LPGA when the time is right. He sparked a fire within Noel and helped her to find a talent that has turned into a passion. … Our family is grateful to him, not only for what he does for CTL as a whole, but for the healing spirit he gifted to Noel.”

But yeah, lets just ignore all the good things the guy does, and crucify him and attempt to soil his name online over a story no one knows the exact details of. Welcome to the world today.

TM SIM Max 9*  Tensei blue AV 65-S

Mizuno ST180 3w 15* Tensei blue-S

Cobra BioCell 5w 19* Matrix RedTie-S

Ping G30 4h 22* TFC 419-R

Wilson FG Tour V4 4-PW DG Pro S300

Cleveland CBX 52* 58* DG 115-W

Mannkrafted rebar Rattler 

"By PGA TOUR Staff

In 2010, Matt Kuchar and his wife, Sybi, began supporting Camp Twin Lakes.

In 2012, the couple – former Georgia Tech standouts in golf and tennis, respectively – started hosting the annual Camp Twin Lakes Golf Tournament, which has since raised more than $1.7 million to provide transformative summer camp adventures for thousands of Georgia kids who are not able to attend typical camps."

“In 2018 alone, Matt’s support has enabled us to provide week-long therapeutic camping experiences for 90 children with serious illnesses, disabilities, and other life challenges,” said Camp Twin Lakes COO Dan Matthews. “With help from our donors, Camp Twin Lakes is able to subsidize 70 percent of the cost of each camper, and most of our campers attend camp at no cost to their families.

“We are so grateful to Matt for helping create this opportunity for our campers to build confidence, independence, community, and healing through his support of Camp Twin Lakes.”

A seven-time winner on the PGA TOUR – including THE PLAYERS Championship in 2012 – Kuchar’s donation aided CTL in hosting a record 3,600 Georgia children and young adults this summer alone. Several of these campers attend the CTL Golf Tournament each year and have developed a bond with Kuchar, including Noel Reese, a 14-year-old who has epilepsy and is an avid golfer"

“It is through camp that I have met many wonderful people, including Mr. Kuchar. Mr. Kuchar is an amazing man with a heart of gold. He is a big inspiration to me when it comes to playing golf. …Meeting him is a privilege that I would not have without the amazing people at Camp Twin Lakes. Camp is an amazing place. I have referred to it many times as my ‘home away from home."

“I am so very grateful for Camp Twin Lakes and the generosity of Matt Kuchar,” said Kim Reese, mother of the three children. “For a couple of years before an epilepsy diagnosis, Noel had attended a ‘regular’ sleepaway camp. I knew the experience of that type of freedom was so very important for her, something I didn’t want her to lose.

“Along with CTL, Mr. Kuchar has had a great impact on Noel’s life. Because of him, she wants to join the LPGA when the time is right. He sparked a fire within Noel and helped her to find a talent that has turned into a passion. … Our family is grateful to him, not only for what he does for CTL as a whole, but for the healing spirit he gifted to Noel.”

But yeah, lets just ignore all the good things the guy does, and crucify him and attempt to soil his name online over a story no one knows the exact details of. Welcome to the world today.

I need better glasses.

Titleist TSR 2  9°

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Redwood Anser

^ Sorry I copy and pasted the blips from the article then it wouldn't allow me to edit the font or size. Basically it says he supports this camp for kids and hosts a yearly tourney to support it, have raised over 1.7mil for the camp. People involved love the guy, say hes a saint, great inspiration to the kids.

TM SIM Max 9*  Tensei blue AV 65-S

Mizuno ST180 3w 15* Tensei blue-S

Cobra BioCell 5w 19* Matrix RedTie-S

Ping G30 4h 22* TFC 419-R

Wilson FG Tour V4 4-PW DG Pro S300

Cleveland CBX 52* 58* DG 115-W

Mannkrafted rebar Rattler 

Really? Save the pearl clutching. It's a single thread (well OK, merged a few times). You can always close your account if this place is so trashy.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Rob from Sydney

So, from reading the first 3 pages, you were able to determine what was the absolute truth of the situation? Damn, that's impressive!

^ Sorry I copy and pasted the blips from the article then it wouldn't allow me to edit the font or size. Basically it says he supports this camp for kids and hosts a yearly tourney to support it, have raised over 1.7mil for the camp. People involved love the guy, say hes a saint, great inspiration to the kids.

Saint Kuch

Patron saint of tightwads ; )

ImperfectSentimentalCoot-small.gif

Kuchar (and his dad) had dinner at Tiger's restaurant. This says it all.

Not only does he not pay his caddie fair wages but he doesn't like Tiger, apparently.

Whoa...

Disdain for Phil = Disdain for Kooch???

Can't stand him.

Maybe he tipped with cash. I hardly ever putt the tip on the copy of the receipt.

Maybe he didn't and stiffed the server, and walked out with that silly grin on his face.

Rob from Sydney

Thank goodness....Finally another guy who knows how much the caddy was paid....Please let us know.....I have been trying to figure it out, and you found it in the first three pages......Thanks in advance.

I fall somewhere in between...

Kuchar is a complete @ss for only paying 3k on a 1.3 million payday even if the caddy failed to ask Kuchar prior to the tournament to sit down with his lawyer and hammer out a pre negotiated contract that requires a certain payment on any potential win

and

I'd probably be willing to pay 3k to carry Kuchar's bag for 4 days during actual tournament play and winning would be icing on the cake.

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

Woke up this morning to check and see if we have any facts or evidence yet - other than a twitter troll. I see nothing has changed.

This topic is so passionate for so many people because its a microcosm of whats happening in this world. Matt is guilty until proven innocent - which is wrong.

I understand that the words in bold are unusual, confusing words so I'm including links to their definitions.

Fact: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fact

Evidence: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/evidence

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Woke up this morning to check and see if we have any facts or evidence yet - other than a twitter troll. I see nothing has changed.

This topic is so passionate for so many people because its a microcosm of whats happening in this world. Matt is guilty until proven innocent - which is wrong.

I understand that the words in bold are unusual, confusing words so I'm including links to their definitions.

Fact: https://www.merriam-...dictionary/fact

Don't start bringing the "world" into this discussion. The world has been wrong before.

Remember when the world felt it was time for a new kind of Lip Balm?

Don't start bringing the "world" into this discussion. The world has been wrong before.

Remember when the world felt it was time for a new kind of Lip Balm?

If you think Cheetos are ever wrong then I don't know what to tell you.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Fact: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fact

Well said. Just another example of noisy, clueless Social Justice Warriors barking from the security of their keyboard.

Well said. Just another example of noisy, clueless Social Justice Warriors barking from the security of their keyboard.

I be Rollo of SJ Warriors!

But from the security of my keyboard ; )

8Ebh.gif