Interesting development - $3000 pay to caddy from a $1.3 million winners check? (MOD EDIT - NO POLIT

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you a teenager?

He made a really good point. Not sure if you missed it in haste to try to crank out another one-liner.

I'll help translate.

He's calling you a hypocrite because you're up in arms about a $3k tip...yet you pound away daily at the keyboard of an iPhone or Android. He gave a specific example of foreign labor challenges that flew right over your head.

Broken down one more layer:

You care about how another man spends what you feel is a too low $3k wage tip...but you don't seem to care about the pennies on the dollar wages that were earned to build your smartphone.

See the irony?

It's all about the facts if we ever find them out. If true shame on him. If not no harm no foul! Isn't it that simple?

"ill take moral preening for 400$ Alex"

I don’t care who you are - that’s funny.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

For those bashing Kuch, how do you know Tom Gillis is truly privy to the details of what the caddy was paid? Cripes sake---Gillis on Twitter is everything wrong with the internet.

Gillis says 3k.

That guy who played with the caddie says 5k.

Kuch is looking like a $hithead here.

Dont know if he cares.

But he does.

Are you a teenager?

He made a really good point. Not sure if you missed it in haste to try to crank out another one-liner.

I'll help translate.

He's calling you a hypocrite because you're up in arms about a $3k tip...yet you pound away daily at the keyboard of an iPhone or Android. He gave a specific example of foreign labor challenges that flew right over your head.

You care about how another man spends what you feel is a too low $3k wage tip...but you don't seem to care about the pennies on the dollar wages that were earned to build your smartphone.

See the irony?

I see the politics - don't ruin this!

Are you a teenager?

I'll help translate.

See the irony?

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c3ea16344366a57418d97ba

For those bashing Kuch, how do you know Tom Gillis is truly privy to the details of what the caddy was paid? Cripes sake---Gillis on Twitter is everything wrong with the internet.

LOL. Seriously?.

It was posted on TWITTER!! You can't post stuff on the internet that isn't true.

Walter: Tell me Bobby, why do you play this game?
Bobby: I play because I love it.
Walter: Well I play for the money. I have to win. That is why every time we face each other I will always beat you.

I know very little about Tom Gillis. His name sounds more like a country music singer than a golfer.

However, he was right about one of these things before. He previously outed Ben Crane on twitter for supposedly owing Daniel Berger 6 grand. It turned out to be accurate, and Crane settled the bet as a result of the twitter fire that ensued.

https://www.sbnation.com/golf/2017/4/28/15471458/ben-crane-bet-daniel-berger-tom-gillis-twitter-beef

So yeah, Tom Gillis seems like kind of a clown. But he's a clown who has been right before on this sort of stuff. (Then again, maybe he's also been wrong a million times for all I know)

Are you a teenager?

I'll help translate.

See the irony?

I see the politics - don't ruin this!

Labor arbitrage discussion on wrx ; )

I know very little about Tom Gillis. His name sounds more like a country music singer than a golfer.

However, he was right about one of these things before. He previously outed Ben Crane on twitter for supposedly owing Daniel Berger 6 grand. It turned out to be accurate, and Crane settled the bet as a result of the twitter fire that ensued.

https://www.sbnation...is-twitter-beef

So yeah, Tom Gillis seems like kind of a clown. But he's a clown who has been right before on this sort of stuff. (Then again, maybe he's also been wrong a million times for all I know)

The Berger thing has been mentioned multiple times in this thread. Whereas i fully think Kuchar is in the right here even if he paid the guy 10 cents.....i absolutely agree that not paying out a bet in a serious punk move

That being said, Gillis is still in a-hole for airing the Berger thing on twitter too and many people said that in that particular thread. It made Berger look pretty weak. Do we realize Berger had already earned 7M+ dollars prior to that tweet? And in 2017, the year that Gillis appointed himself as social media Robin Hood, Berger made over 4M dollars. That bet is the equivalent of someone who makes 100K a year betting 150$.

If you won 150$ in a bet and your friend didn't pay are you going all over facebook and twitter? You can't fight your own battles on that one?

Gillis is a meddling a-hole any way you slice it.

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Srixon ZX 19h w/PX hzrdus Red 80

Mizuno MP241 4-PW w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Mizuno MP24 52 w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Cleveland RTX6 60/10--Spinner

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I'd admit that I sounded off without facts just based on the witch hunt comments in this thread. Many of us didn't read the Twitter feed, but....

If you go back and read Tom Gillis's Twitter feed, he is pretty straightforward that he is outing Kuch to help get El Tucan paid. And, if you read through the lines a little what he is saying is that their arrangement was a base salary plus a percentage of the purse. According to his inside knowledge he is saying he knows that was the arrangement and that Kuch paid the base but not the percentage. Basically says that Kuch gave Tucan all the cash he was carrying then said he'd make arrangements for the rest of the 5 percent when he got back to Georgia. The caddy's calls to Kuch are going unanswered. If all of that is fact, and you must believe that Gillis thinks that it is or he's taking a huge risk with the posts, then the story is a little different.

Only time will tell if the facts ever come to the surface, but Gillis is 100% all in that Tucan was wronged and that wrong will be corrected in time.

Kuchar (and his dad) had dinner at Tiger's restaurant. This says it all.

Not only does he not pay his caddie fair wages but he doesn't like Tiger, apparently.

Every one of my checks look like that. I always tip cash so the server can pocket the money.

I give the waitress/server a $20-100 bill handshake on the way out. They look surprised, then happy.

I'd admit that I sounded off without facts just based on the witch hunt comments in this thread. Many of us didn't read the Twitter feed, but....

If you go back and read Tom Gillis's Twitter feed, he is pretty straightforward that he is outing Kuch to help get El Tucan paid. And, if you read through the lines a little what he is saying is that their arrangement was a base salary plus a percentage of the purse. According to his inside knowledge he is saying he knows that was the arrangement and that Kuch paid the base but not the percentage. If all of that is fact, and you must believe that Gillis thinks that it is or he's taking a huge risk with the posts, then the story is a little different.

Only time will tell if the facts ever come to the surface, but Gillis is 100% all in that Tucan was wronged and that wrong will be corrected in time.

Do you, or anyone else, know how much of what Tom Gillis has said on Twitter is a verifiable fact?

Wow. This sure is a strangely passionate topic.

I’m trying hard to get worked up about it so I can jump into the fray because I’m bored..... but It just isn’t working.

Well, you could start by letting us know how much you make in a year, and then how much you have paid anyone who's done work for you, and what you have tipped people in the service industries

We'll need everything relevant from 2018 and 2017

Then, we'll give you feedback on how you should spend your money.

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Srixon ZX 19h w/PX hzrdus Red 80

Mizuno MP241 4-PW w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Mizuno MP24 52 w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Cleveland RTX6 60/10--Spinner

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

If you go back and read Tom Gillis's Twitter feed, he is pretty straightforward that he is outing Kuch to help get El Tucan paid. And, if you read through the lines a little what he is saying is that their arrangement was a base salary plus a percentage of the purse. According to his inside knowledge he is saying he knows that was the arrangement and that Kuch paid the base but not the percentage. If all of that is fact, and you must believe that Gillis thinks that it is or he's taking a huge risk with the posts, then the story is a little different.

How is Gillis taking a risk? Sounds alot like professional jealousy on his part.

Also the bolded contradicts your first sentence. Even if he only gave him 5k he was not "wronged". Free will is free will. You have to believe he was promised a % and then Kuchar reneged.I mean come on you believe a pro golfer whos won as much as him and has what like 47 million in earnings is going to stiff a guy? This whole exercise is empty virtue signalling.

Kuchar (and his dad) had dinner at Tiger's restaurant. This says it all.

Not only does he not pay his caddie fair wages but he doesn't like Tiger, apparently.

Every one of my checks look like that. I always tip cash so the server can pocket the money.

I give the waitress/server a $20-100 bill handshake on the way out. They look surprised, then happy.

This is what we call narcissistic tipping. It's more about you then the recipient. Especially if you re-tell it. Sorry not sorry. :tomato:

It’s none of our business but homeboy gave him 0.4% of his winnings if we go by the high number of $5000

Anyway y’all explain that away it’s f-in CHEAP

That’s a 30cent tip on a $100 dinner bill.. it is what it is. I’m not a multimillionaire but even I wouldn’t dbag like that. But yes it’s none of our business

How is Gillis taking a risk? Sounds alot like professional jealousy on his part.

Also the bolded contradicts your first sentence. Even if he only gave him 5k he was not "wronged". Free will is free will. You have to believe he was promised a % and then Kuchar reneged.I mean come on you believe a pro golfer whos won as much as him and has what like 47 million in earnings is going to stiff a guy? This whole exercise is empty virtue signalling.

I'm not saying who I believe. I'm saying that Gillis is emphatic that Kuchar reneged.

That's my point. I thought he was throwing it out there to shame Kuch a little and get some attention. He's actually claiming that he knew he would take some heat, but he's hoping that rather than make the caddie come out and say that Kuch violated the "good faith" verbal contract he hopes that Kuch makes it right. Evidently he thinks he has a card in the hole too, because he keeps saying, "just wait" the caddie will get paid.

And, no, I simply do not believe that it is implausible simply because Kuch is famous and has made a lot of money.

Do you, or anyone else, know how much of what Tom Gillis has said on Twitter is a verifiable fact?

What would make a veritable fact to you?

I (like everyone here) has no actual verifiable facts to go on.

Other than these:

Gillis has gone out on a limb on social media.

He's named names (the caddy and Kuch).

He's using his own verifiable name.

He's not backing down.

Seems like a pretty crazy-arsed thing for him to do when he's got virtually nothing to gain and everything to lose.

That's what makes me lean towards thinking there's something real behind this.

FWIW I don't know Kuch at all either. Always smiles. Could be a great guy. Or a ******. I wouldn't know.

Wow. This sure is a strangely passionate topic.

I’m trying hard to get worked up about it so I can jump into the fray because I’m bored..... but It just isn’t working.

Well, you could start by letting us know how much you make in a year, and then how much you have paid anyone who's done work for you, and what you have tipped people in the service industries

We'll need everything relevant from 2018 and 2017

Then, we'll give you feedback on how you should spend your money.

I think the requirement is to go back 7 years :)

I'm not saying who I believe. I'm saying that Gillis is emphatic that Kuchar reneged.

That's my point. I thought he was throwing it out there to shame Kuch a little and get some attention. He's actually claiming that he knew he would take some heat, but he's hoping that rather than make the caddie come out and say that Kuch violated the "good faith" verbal contract he hopes that Kuch makes it right. Evidently he thinks he has a card in the hole too, because he keeps saying, "just wait" the caddie will get paid.

And, no, I simply do not believe that it is implausible simply because Kuch is famous and has made a lot of money.

Yes, you are and thats ok. Gillis is a blow hard.He doesnt give a crap about this caddie/person.Hes simply trying to garner some social media cred. It is implausible by the way because he would have a legal case that he would have pursued already for breach of contract. None of that has been brought up as Gillis is trying to shame Kuchar into giving him "a bonus". Again, Gillis wasnt there so hes speaking out of turn. Men dont do that, or at least never used to

Gillis says 3k.

That guy who played with the caddie says 5k.

Kuch is looking like a $hithead here.

Dont know if he cares.

But he does.

Gillis implied on Twitter that Kuchar issued an IOU due to lack of cash but never followed through with the promised payment:

That may explain the two different numbers being thrown around.

and the strangest part about this whole thread is we are all still here and presumably we are all adults.

Well it is a golf forum and the guy just won a PGA event. It’s not that strange.

and the strangest part about this whole thread is we are all still here and presumably we are all adults.

Well it is a golf forum and the guy just won a PGA event. It’s not that strange.

I mean come on you believe a pro golfer whos won as much as him and has what like 47 million in earnings is going to stiff a guy? This whole exercise is empty virtue signalling.

Without naming names, but I can think of a very well known billionaire who lives in Washington who has a well deserved reputation for not paying people. Having money does not mean that you do not stiff people. It just means you might stiff them for more...

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z565 Speeder 569 Evo IV SR[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Matrix Ozik R[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Srixon U65 2 iron, Miyazaki S[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees RedTie S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS [/size][/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]HiRev[/size][/color][/font]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Odyssey O-Works Black 34"[/size][/color][/font]

The rubber meets the road whether or not El Tucan has a witness or something in writing.

It seems that Gillis's source and he do not believe that it is possible that El Tucan is lying to extort Kuch for more money.

I agree with Lowheel that it would make more sense to pursue it legally. But, if there is no witness and nothing in writing going around swearing you were wronged is your only course of action. I don't think I could crusade for a guy under those conditions unless we really went back a long way. I think it's only right that Gillis out his source and El Tucan speaks up about what he claims the numbers were, how the agreement went down, and how much Kuch left him short. Barbara Walters would get to the bottom of this... "Now Mr. Toucan, look into the camera and tell Mr. Kuchar what you believe to be the truth" :)