Pending TaylorMade Announcement

PostandGhost

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fleetwood iirc is still on his Nike equipment deal so signing any type of equipment deal probably costs him money. He no longer was able to get backup sets of the Nike irons so him playin tw protos is probably nothing more than replacing his Nike’s while riding out the Nike club portion of the contract

I heard that Francisco Molinari was going to be signing a new equipment deal, so my money is on him. Recent major winner and top 10 golfer ... that's worth some hype.

If not him, the other likely suspects would be Brooks Koepka or Patrick Reed.

Why is he playing Callaway irons?

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

I heard that Francisco Molinari was going to be signing a new equipment deal, so my money is on him. Recent major winner and top 10 golfer ... that's worth some hype.
Molinari was using 14 Callaway clubs last week. Doubt it’s him. :-)

Rory had a bag full of Callaway too right before he signed with TM. So wouldn't rule that out.

Contents of bag subject to change...frequently 

I have to think with the how much TM is hyping this up, it has to be Tiger going to their ball? They've said little about the TP5 19 and I'd bet my life Tiger set opt-out terms with Bridgestone. I'm reading the Tiger book right now and it's obvious that Tiger plays what Tiger wants to play when Tiger is ready.

I'd put $5.00 on this being the announcement...

I have to think with the how much TM is hyping this up, it has to be Tiger going to their ball? They've said little about the TP5 19 and I'd bet my life Tiger set opt-out terms with Bridgestone. I'm reading the Tiger book right now and it's obvious that Tiger plays what Tiger wants to play when Tiger is ready.

Did you read the first post? It says “a NEW addition to our athlete team”.

Fleetwood iirc is still on his Nike equipment deal so signing any type of equipment deal probably costs him money. He no longer was able to get backup sets of the Nike irons so him playin tw protos is probably nothing more than replacing his Nike's while riding out the Nike club portion of the contract

The moment Nike stopped making clubs all Nike equipment deals became null and void. Can't force someone to play your clubs if you don't produce any...

That's why basically everyone but Fleetwood started playing different clubs right after Nike shut down their club business.

As to the rumors, I think there's two options that fit the description

1) They signed both Fleetwood and Molinari. The official announcement will take near the Hollywood sign, only TM will replace it with a Molliwood sign in the night before.

2) They re-signed Justin Rose. The announcement will be accompanied by a video in which Rosie tearfully explains how leaving TM was the biggest mistake he ever made and that not even a $30,000 set of clubs can make him as happy and successful as his good old TM blades can.

Fleetwood iirc is still on his Nike equipment deal so signing any type of equipment deal probably costs him money. He no longer was able to get backup sets of the Nike irons so him playin tw protos is probably nothing more than replacing his Nike's while riding out the Nike club portion of the contract

The moment Nike stopped making clubs all Nike equipment deals became null and void. Can't force someone to play your clubs if you don't produce any...

That's why basically everyone but Fleetwood started playing different clubs right after Nike shut down their club business.

As to the rumors, I think there's two options that fit the description

1) They signed both Fleetwood and Molinari. The official announcement will take near the Hollywood sign, only TM will replace it with a Molliwood sign in the night before.

2) They re-signed Justin Rose. The announcement will be accompanied by a video in which Rosie tearfully explains how leaving TM was the biggest mistake he ever made and that not even a $30,000 set of clubs can make him as happy and successful as his good old TM blades can.

Nike is paying their staffers their club contracts and they were told they can play whatever they want but if they sign a deal then they lose a percentage of their contract based on the amount they sign for with the new company. It’s why most of the Nike guys with big contracts are playing whatever they want like kopeka, fleetwood, Molinari, finau before he signed. Rory with Callaway before he signed at TM.

This is the only thing that would live up to the hype of the TM announcement.

" a new addition to our athlete team that will light up the industry and enhance the impact of our brand like never before."

And OP says its Rickie Fowler? LMAO!! Never had a greater laugh!!

I agree with you, I think this is a laugh. The only reason I asked if it is Rickie is because that's the only guy who I know that will be playing TaylorMade (ball) this year and hasn't been previously announced. If you know of someone else that will be on the TaylorMade staff this year that hasn't announced yet other than Rickie, I'm all ears. The way that the email is phrased, I think it's Bruce Jenner.

This is the only thing that would live up to the hype of the TM announcement.

Let’s face it Tiger is really the only person to which “light up the industry” could refer. The new athlete part makes me think it’s not him, though. Gosh is it ever a slow, cold day today lol.

Glove: ML
Tees: 2 3/4
Towel: white
Repair tool: metal
Ball Marker: largest poker chip in the world
Iron headcovers: wait, what?

The feedback system is annoying

I received the letter too, and honestly just dismissed it as marketing hype for the Fowler move to the new TruVis competitor TP5. But I guess upon actually thinking about it, it does seem like it's more than that. Although...the reasoning behind the new patterned ball is that it's supposed to be much easier to see in all types of light, so...maybe we are back to the Fowler announcement afterall.

Did you read the first post? It says "a NEW addition to our athlete team".

Wow....I'm an idiot! Sorry! I didn't...skimmed it. FAIL!

I received the letter too, and honestly just dismissed it as marketing hype for the Fowler move to the new TruVis competitor TP5. But I guess upon actually thinking about it, it does seem like it's more than that. Although...the reasoning behind the new patterned ball is that it's supposed to be much easier to see in all types of light, so...maybe we are back to the Fowler announcement afterall.

Is that so? If the ball is going to be marketed on visibility and Fowler is going to play it in competition then there’s your winner after all.

Glove: ML
Tees: 2 3/4
Towel: white
Repair tool: metal
Ball Marker: largest poker chip in the world
Iron headcovers: wait, what?

The feedback system is annoying

Is that so? If the ball is going to be marketed on visibility and Fowler is going to play it in competition then there's your winner after all.

Well any patterned golf ball is about visibility...Callaway's TruVis...it's even in the name. And this pattern is supposed to have more visibility than that in different types of light, so maybe it is that with the addition of Fowler playing it in the first colors it will come out in...which, are Fowler related.

My best guess is either Fleetwood coming over to play TM irons/woods (he was spotted hitting the TW Proto recently), Tiger switching to the TP5 or TP5x, or Rickie coming over from Cobra/Titleist.

Not sure Fleetwood would be THAT big a story (at least not as big as TM is making it out to be), but it would be a really good pickup for TM, especially where international sales are concerned.

Also not sure Tiger moving over to the ball would be that big a deal either, especially with him already playing TM woods and irons. But he IS Tiger, and him playing a (mostly) full bag of TaylorMades AND the ball would be great for marketing.

Rickie? Would be big to get a lifelong Titleist guy over to the ball, for sure. He's definitely marketable, especially to the younger audience...

Koepka? Don't know why he'd move after the success he's had as an independent, and with having won 3 of the last 7 majors with Mizuno irons in the bag (and a TM driver, of course). BUT....a major equipment deal could help him in marketing himself better, which he admits is not his strong suit. And think of the joint marketing TM could do with DJ and Koepka (good friends/alleged sparring partners)...could be very interesting indeed.

Molinari - I think he's still a free agent, right? But with having won the Open with TM irons, maybe they're just going to make it official? Although he was recently spotted testing a full bag of Cally...

Spieth - doubt he would drop Titleist, but that would be a huge announcement from a marketing standpoint.

At this point, I'm still thinking Fleetwood. But as another WRXer suggested, perhaps it's BOTH Fleetwood and Molinari.....guess we'll find out soon enough.

They won the lawsuit against pxg!

Someone better get the crashcart over to BirdieBob stat!

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

I think you are onto something. “Light up the industry like never before” is not in terms of starpower, but a uniquely covered ball.

I still despise TaylorMade.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

I think you are onto something. "Light up the industry like never before" is not in terms of starpower, but a uniquely covered ball.

I still despise TaylorMade.

Honestly, being in the golf business and how they used to be toward green grass accounts, I did too. But I've actually grown to like them (as a company) in the past few years as I've slowly started to trickle their equipment back into our proshop. This will be the first year I'm fully supporting them in the shop. I've been a Callaway staff account for several years, but not this year due to the Epic Flash.

But yeah, I really think this announcement is going to be using Fowler as the face of the new ball. Will be the first time a pro has signed specifically to play a visual tech/aid ball on Tour, I believe.