Pending TaylorMade Announcement

PostandGhost

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disclaimer: I’m Asian, there are a few on the LPGA that are probably marketable in different regions, but let’s face it, someone like Lexi would love the needle.

It's not Lexi (she posts pics of her playing the new Cobra driver all the time) and she doesn't do drugs either.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Anybody know the sale price of TM last time ?

$425 million.

That's chicken s*** money ! ( big Enis Burdette )

Well. Take 100 mil off and it seems doable for someone to snap them up and infuse them with cash. Maybe a bored Billionaire who likes golf ?

Still have to watch that movie when I see it.

Every major star on the PGA side is locked in as discussed in this thread. Who on the men’s side would be bigger than DJ or Tiger recently? Euro? They have Rory. Brooks is on a new set of Mizzys. Fleetwood/Zachwould light up the world more than any of these guys? Sorry, no.

I’m going with LPGA, maybe Lexi Thompson. The most marketable player in the top 10 (great game, social media presence, resonates with younger golfers). Let’s face it, she’s American and has personality for days. Timing? LPGA season really hasn’t started, so this is a great time to make a splash. PGA events are up and running, this site is on every rumor or equipment sighting out there.

Who’s more marketable on that tour than she is?

Disclaimer: I’m Asian, there are a few on the LPGA that are probably marketable in different regions, but let’s face it, someone like Lexi would love the needle.

She might, but I can't see any LPGA player moving the needle. In fact, TM must be grasping to think that any one player playing their equipment is going to move the needle.

Every major star on the PGA side is locked in as discussed in this thread. Who on the men’s side would be bigger than DJ or Tiger recently? Euro? They have Rory. Brooks is on a new set of Mizzys. Fleetwood/Zachwould light up the world more than any of these guys? Sorry, no.

I’m going with LPGA, maybe Lexi Thompson. The most marketable player in the top 10 (great game, social media presence, resonates with younger golfers). Let’s face it, she’s American and has personality for days. Timing? LPGA season really hasn’t started, so this is a great time to make a splash. PGA events are up and running, this site is on every rumor or equipment sighting out there.

She might, but I can't see any LPGA player moving the needle. In fact, TM must be grasping to think that any one player playing their equipment is going to move the needle.

Outside of Tiger, Rickie is the most marketable player on Tour. Rickie might move the needle a touch, but TaylorMade will have more success selling their new ball if it performs as good as it's expected to than signing Rickie.

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

I still think it's the Fowler/TP5PIX announcement. "Light up the industry"...look at the link of the photo of the PIX I posted a page or so back. The description of the PIX says "...allows for high visibility during both low and high LIGHT hours." There's the "light' again. Having someone of his profile (regardless of whether he's good or not, he is marketable) playing that type of ball on Tour may be what TM is thinking will change the ball market. I'm not saying I agree with the PIX doing that, just trying to figure out what TM is talking about.

It's not Lexi (she posts pics of her playing the new Cobra driver all the time) and she doesn't do drugs either.

Dumb reply. Audi-A-Fore made a typo and typed love instead of move. <smh>

Can’t even jokingly respond to typos anymore. Sheesh.

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Disclaimer: I'm Asian, there are a few on the LPGA that are probably marketable in different regions, but let's face it, someone like Lexi would love the needle.

Can't even jokingly respond to typos anymore. Sheesh.

Sure you were joking.

Disclaimer: I'm Asian, there are a few on the LPGA that are probably marketable in different regions, but let's face it, someone like Lexi would love the needle.

Sure you were joking.

Wait,,, Moses jokes?

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

Sure you were joking.

There aren’t even any internet rumors for me to believe involving Lexi’s drug use.

Don’t be so obtuse that you can’t spot a joke in response to a typo.

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

how-to-win-at-clue-cluedo-strategies-and-hints-411239_final-5bc0f253c9e77c005152040e.gif

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

The Nicklaus family already playing the TM ball. I mentioned that weeks ago. Jack is playing TM irons but Callaway driver.

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

Sure you were joking.

Going to go out on a limb here and say it's not a professional golfer that will move the needle... but a golf professional. Suzy Whaley, PGA is the first female president of the PGA of America and has more influence and hopefully more impact on the game of golf than any past president combined. She signed a couple years ago with PXG which makes no sense except for PXG marketing... whats the point in promoting a company that only the 1% of the 1% can afford? TM hinted at moving the needle and influence.

Just throwing that out there for the sake of discussion :D :D :D

TSR3 9º Driver - Helium Black 5F5 @ 45.5”     

TSR2 15º Fwy - LinQ M40X Blue 7F5     

TSR2 18º Hyb  - Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F5
T200 #4 @ 1º Weak - Recoil Proto Utility 110F5

T100 #5-P - Modus 120X

SM10 Raw 50.12F @ 51º, 56.12D, 60.08M @ 61º - Mouds 120X
SeeMore Mini Giant Deep Flange - SuperStroke Flatso 1.0

Pro V1 - Yellow

Outside of Tiger, Rickie is the most marketable player on Tour. Rickie might move the needle a touch, but TaylorMade will have more success selling their new ball if it performs as good as it's expected to than signing Rickie.

Having someone to market to get people to try the ball so they go try the ball and being able to say he switched from the “#1 ball” to our ball will help that

Having someone to market to get people to try the ball so they go try the ball and being able to say he switched from the “#1 ball” to our ball will help that

Everyone has seen the “5witch” campaign over the last year or so. Those of us who have already played the TP5/TP5X know how good a ball it is. I have several people at my course that were long time ProV1/ProV1X make the switch late last year. And they have no particular tie to Taylormade. Not on staff, just looking for extra performance. And with ball speed being such a huge buzz word this year for drivers, it will be for golf balls as well. Along with driver spin, cover durability, wedge spin and everything else. Look for a big marketing program around this. So for you that say it won’t be a big deal, marketing will make it a big deal.

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34" 

Ball:               2022 Callaway CSX LS
Bag:               VESSEL Blk Lux Cart Bag 14 way   

I wonder if they will make this announcement next week in lieu of being at the PGA show?

I wouldn’t put it past Taylormade but if they do it, they will lose a ton of respect within the industry, mostly from the people in Orlando next week. I’m sure the consumers’ money won’t care or notice that they’re trying to upstage the PGA, and that’s all they care about.

Fleetwood iirc is still on his Nike equipment deal so signing any type of equipment deal probably costs him money. He no longer was able to get backup sets of the Nike irons so him playin tw protos is probably nothing more than replacing his Nike's while riding out the Nike club portion of the contract

The moment Nike stopped making clubs all Nike equipment deals became null and void. Can't force someone to play your clubs if you don't produce any...

That's why basically everyone but Fleetwood started playing different clubs right after Nike shut down their club business.

Nike is paying their staffers their club contracts and they were told they can play whatever they want but if they sign a deal then they lose a percentage of their contract based on the amount they sign for with the new company. It's why most of the Nike guys with big contracts are playing whatever they want like kopeka, fleetwood, Molinari, finau before he signed. Rory with Callaway before he signed at TM.

This doesn't mean they lose money when signing with another company. They're just getting a part of that money from somewhere else. Plus, if you look at where Fleetwood stood when he signed with nike compared to where he stands now, he should be able to get more from a new company to play their clubs than he loses from not getting paid that much by Nike any more.

"Light up" probably refers to a brightly colored ball imo.

This would actually make sense... It would also kind of turn this whole announcement into the biggest dad joke ever..