El Tucan Speaks..... (NO POLITICS)

Skechers is a brand that extends beyond Golf shoes, yes? Millennial's buy a lot of shoes.. Potential connection? I also know of many millennial golfers who also use social media and are members of this forum...

I don't know of a single Millennial that would get caught dead wearing the same sketchers that their grand pa pa does

And the % of golfers who are Millennials , use social media, and are simple minded enough to let such silly stories sway their purchasing habbits is peanuts compared to the rest of the golfing population.

Keep trying.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best thing for Matt is this guy keeps releasing statements

I want to hear more of his thoughts on what he is entitled to because he works hard

I'm not so sure.. While kuch's craft maybe Golf, I would argue his livelihood comes from his image.

Right, Wrong or Indifferent.. This does and will hurt his image and will impact how his sponsors can sell it. The more Tucan, speaks and keeps this in the public eye, the greater the chance that this picks up social media steam and Kuch, becomes a casualty of a social media poop storm. If this gets viral, his sponsors will notice.

Golf fans don't fit the typical demographic of people prone to boycotting over social media "scandals". I don't see it but maybe I'll be wrong

It won't be simply Golf people... Hashtags can reach everyone across all platforms from all corners of Social Media.. this could ignite advocacy/pro/anti, whatever groups from all sorts of dark corners to come out and hammer Kuch's, image... Golf is an elitist sport and it's trying desperately to drop that image. This wouldn't necessarily help the cause.

Boycotts tend to work if the people boycotting are potential consumers of what they are boycotting. I think the above is a bit of a reach, that this story will really have widespread implications. Again,maybe I'll be wrong. Very little surprises me anymore

Complete opposite for me.. seems the older I get, the less I truly know... But I keep learning every day.

Titleist....

Skechers is a brand that extends beyond Golf shoes, yes? Millennial's buy a lot of shoes.. Potential connection? I also know of many millennial golfers who also use social media and are members of this forum...

I don't know of a single Millennial that would get caught dead wearing the same sketchers that their grand pa pa does

And the % of golfers who are Millennials , use social media, and are simple minded enough to let such silly stories sway their purchasing habbits is peanuts compared to the rest of the golfing population.

Keep trying.

Ok.

Titleist....

Exactly. Kuchar just won over $1m and pays the guy less than 1/2 of 1%. Its a disgusting display of humanity and Kuchar should be ashamed of himself. Now he wants to give him a little more to hush him up and good for El Tucan for sticking to his guns to out Kuchar. Honestly, he is going to be harassed at every tourney and he deserves it.

In life, it's what you do when people aren't looking and this was a neon flashing sign that Kuchar just displayed that tells the world hes a scumbag.

Hyperbole much?

What level of vitriol do you have left for actual problems in the world and actual disgusting displays by people?

Kuchar is apparently stingy. That stinginess revealed itself in this story. That is all.

Stingy??? No dude. Stingy is not paying anymore than you have to, than what's expected, waiting for things to go on sale, buying used or simply not buying at all. What Kucher did is called robbery. There's no question in my mind that he purposely didn't discuss any terms with regards to percentage of winnings because he knew he was going to screw him over. The caddie was highly recommended and if Kucher would have said I'll pay you less than 1/2 of 1 precent, the caddie might have told him to go f*** himself. This wasn't just robbery but premeditated to take complete advantage.

LOL! I'm pretty sure he didn't discuss winnings, because it had been yonks since he won anything, and took it as a working vacation, similar to Zach and it was an afterthought.

Not because he knew he was going to win and was trying to "screw him over" and it was "premeditated"... wow. I know you've had some rough weather lately, but you really should brave it, to go out and buy a new supply of tinfoil.

I like your argument. It has such a childish and naive sense about it.

Sometimes it's what the person does when confronted by this . For Matt it was to say " This is not a story" and than say it was " more than $3,000 but less than 10%". I don't know if that's really owning up to much. Overall people are pretty good judges of character and I think this just rubs many of us the wrong way. If your one of the people who feels it was ok than so be it.

Oh sure. Definitely that was a very passive aggressive way to say none of your business and how is this a thing for me - and it obviously didn't help him.

That said I really think there are two items everyone could agree upon: the $2k was 'cheap' and Gillis is a dbag :)

I never heard or paid attention to Gillis before this. He in fact may be the biggest douchebag to grace the face of the earth........

However what he did was expose what I and others consider an injustice....... If he didn't then Kuch would have gotten away with it.....

Kuch now also knows all the replacement caddies available on Golfwrx who stated they will carry his bag for less then $3,000 too!!!!

An injustice? Really, with all the things going on in the world a guy just made $5,000 in four days. Roughly 10x what he would have made normally, and that’s an injustice. The etiquette might have been poor, but an injustice. Again with your hyperbole.

Oh, and for what it’s woth, he did “get away with it”, despite your crusade. The only thing this tirade has done is guarantee he won’t have a bag next year.....oh, and cost himself an additional $15,000.

Best thing for Matt is this guy keeps releasing statements

I want to hear more of his thoughts on what he is entitled to because he works hard

I'm not so sure.. While kuch's craft maybe Golf, I would argue his livelihood comes from his image.

Right, Wrong or Indifferent.. This does and will hurt his image and will impact how his sponsors can sell it. The more Tucan, speaks and keeps this in the public eye, the greater the chance that this picks up social media steam and Kuch, becomes a casualty of a social media poop storm. If this gets viral, his sponsors will notice.

What are you talking about?

This wasn't doing him any harm a month ago and now the crap Mr. Plaid Shorts is putting out just makes it worse for Ortiz. Mr. genius American just advised the guy out of $15,000. Now what? Oh, more Twitter because now that he screwed this up for the guy suddenly the offer is back on the table, or more money? LOL. No consequences for Kuchar, just makes it look like a month after the fact the guy decided to try and social media him out of his money and Kuch just looking a little better, like it or not.

SJW is really a SMW (social media wh___) - how to take a somewhat solvable situation and make it worse. But hey, he threw him a lousy $100 on the Go Fund Me.

What's the value of the direct quote from a non-english speaker relaying his "feelings" months later to a hack reporter?

I'm not on Kuchar's side; I wouldn't be on anyone's side who really does not have to make much effort to avoid this disaster. But I cannot exactly give Tucan a free pass either.

Hell, if I'm Kuchar, I'm buying Tucan a laundromat with the machines brimming with coins, and he's coming to party with me that night while we drink out of that trophy in the biggest f'g suite the hotel offers and security will have to throw people out when they are spilling off the balcony. Mariachi band, free flowing tequila and mezcal, and clothing optional. I'm marrying his daughter in a drunken haze 2 am Monday and getting an annulment the week after.

And when I come back the next year to defend my title, regular caddy gets a paid vacation while my good luck charm rides along for two in a row.

But I'm not Kuchar, he's boring.

The value of a direct account of what happened from the exact person involved is a lot stronger than what a random person unattached to the event whatsoever pulls out of their you know what as a theory.

If El Tucan is lying about he and Kuchar having an agreement of $3k base + some % of winnings, and him getting $5k cash in an envelope. . . then I am sure we will hear an objection to this account from Matt Kuchar very soon. So far crickets.

Keep trying.

Am Millenial, dont wear Sketchers. Pretty bummed on Kutch. I do play a bridgestone ball. kind of a bummer but whatever.

Something I've noticed and I am wondering if others have as well.....

I keep GC on all the time.. ambient noise.. (discussed in another thread).. but since this transpired with kuch and tucan, i've noticed that they don't show any skechers commercials with Kuch.. I only see the skechers commercials with Tony Romo.. coincidence?

I don't think anyone can argue with what you say you see, but you aren't correct about Kuch's ads not being on.

Keep trying.

Am Millenial, dont wear Sketchers. Pretty bummed on Kutch. I do play a bridgestone ball. kind of a bummer but whatever.

Surely you’re switching balls now correct? Because no one is going to buy anything Kuchar endorses anymore.

It’s ridiculously cheap. Everyone who thinks Tucan should accept the deal that was negotiated is dismissing the fact that this guy has probably never negotiated a deal worth $3K in his life. Doing the right thing means doing it when no one is looking which is exactly what Kuchar presumed would be the case. I won’t go so far as to say he took advantage of the guy because he didn’t know he was going to win, but don’t kid yourself, he definitely took advantage of the situation in the end.

In the Hoofer

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke 🔹🔹🔹 Max 9.0° | Fujikura Ventus Blue 6-X
TaylorMade Stealth Plus 15° | Fujikura Ventus Blue 7-X
TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 19° | Fujikura Ventus Blue 7-X

Mizuno Pro 225 4i | KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S

Mizuno Pro 223 5i, Pro 221 6-PW | Project X Rifle 6.0

Titleist Vokey SM9 52°, 56°, 60° | Project X Rifle 6.0

TaylorMade MySpider Tour X L Neck
Titleist ProV1

I'm burning my Skechers tonight and going to the dog beach tomorrow where I'm going to smash all of my Bridgestones into the Atlantic! ?

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

Benedict Arnold

OJ Simpson

Matt Kuchar

...even Dick Cheney is nicer than Kuchar

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

Tucan wants more for a week a caddying than what Hank Haney got as a salary from Tiger lol

By golly that's it!! Kuchar figured Tucan's being associated with him was compensation enough!!

And didn't have to wait till 3 AM to figure it out either!! Ha ha..

That's right, the Tucan is as famous as he will ever be right now. Better strike while the iron is hot. Maybe a youtube channel.

Looks like the gofundme is under-performing. Stiff competition from all those people looking for a kidney.

I'm burning my Skechers tonight and going to the dog beach tomorrow where I'm going to smash all of my Bridgestones into the Atlantic! ?

Damn Bro, I respect the hell outa ya but lets not get crazy, lmao??

The Sketchers, ok, but the Stones are some sweet sticks, lol

Stay well my Friend?

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

I keep seeing post that which suggest that the caddie was foolish or dumb or greedy or what have you for turning down the extra 15K offered. I kind of discount greed as he never said he thought he should get a full 10%, rather he has stated he feels that 50K in total would be fair. Also while there is no doubt that 15K is not peanuts, I have to consider two things that might be at play here.

1. He may still be hoping Matt will step up and pay him 45K more which would take the total to the 50K he (the caddie) felt was fair. If he accepted the 15K as a final payment, there was no way that was every going to happen. Truthfully in my mind, it's unlikely Kuchar is going to step up and pay 45K or something nearer it anyway but I can understand the caddie still having some hope he might.

2. It is also very possible that it became a matter of principle and dignity for the caddie... and if that is the case I do not think any of us can judge the man for not wanting to sell that for 15K. Self worth is something we all have to place our own value on.

Re #2...

How did Tucan come to determine what his self worth is in this case? Because Gillis told him it should be $50K? If his dream of opening a laundromat is so strong, take the $15K dummy and get it going. There's your dignity. I am all for standing for principle, but this is not the time.

I wonder if his wife has seen the latest news story about $15K being turned down? Mi esposo es tan humilde y justo. Ruego a Dios que un día tengamos nuestra lavandería. Por favor dale a nuestra página de gofundme.

I don't think he actually came up with a value on his self worth nor did he have to. If his decision to reject the 15k was out of a sense of self dignity.. and again I say "if" because I have no way of knowing for sure... he would simply have to decide that he was not willing to sell it out for 15K.

I cannot say it was the time or not the time to exercise self dignity (gain if that is what he did in rejecting the 15K), nor do I think it is fair for you to do so. When it comes to self dignity, each person has to answer that for themselves and then live with it. He made a choice, for whatever reason he did so and whether it was based on self dignity or something else, he now has to live with that choice. Only he can say whether for him it was right or wrong or if he regrets having made it.

As to how he came up with the figure he considers to be fair (i.e. the 50K), he may well have been influenced by others. I have no way of knowing that.... just what the man said when asked. I'm pretty sure that is all any of us can really know.

The guy is changing his story... In one article he's quoted as saying he didn't expect the full % but then above he says "in line with what regular caddies make for a win"

Was Kuch cheap? Yeah probably but maybe the guy didn't do much except carry clubs. Did Kuch miss an opportunity for a great feel good story and image booster by giving the guy $50K? Probably so, but I'm sure a certain portion of people would would be under the false illusion that the guy deserved a full 10% and still be criticizing Kuch.

In my opinion, the guy did about 15%-20% of the duties of a normal tour caddie. He didn't have the pre and post round work that a regular would have and he didn't have travel expenses and time away from family. So I'd say a 20K bonus would have been really nice.

The other sad fact is that this El Tucan guy is the victim of some SJW's like Gillis and similar ilk feeding him crap in order to promote themselves and their social media status... pathetic!

Can we get an updated list of his sponsors so we know who to boycott?

I own Sketchers but i just threw them out. A site listed GreyGoose Vodka as one of them

I'm done with them. Tito's from now on. Tito's sounds like "Tucan"

Solidarity!

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Srixon ZX 19h w/PX hzrdus Red 80

Mizuno MP241 4-PW w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Mizuno MP24 52 w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Cleveland RTX6 60/10--Spinner

Deschamps Crisp Antique