2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Sub 70 Clubs

apex17

That’s the new 799... I am not sure the 739 was discontinued... I thought they were but could be incorrect.

799 should be out soon (April or may per Instagram)

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

The 639 mb+ is an ideal golf club for my tastes.  It's a blade, just a little bigger than your standard sized blade.  It has a thin sole, which is one of my favorite qualities in an iron.  Topline is pretty thin, just a shade thicker than my WS blade, but it looks really good.  The lofts are stronger on these, which I don't mind at all.  Seem to get really good launch on mine.  They feel really soft on flush hits, typical on mishits.  To me they do everything the WS can do but in an easier to play package.  

• Like 1

Sim max driver
915 4w
913 hybrid
C300 4 iron...Staff Model blade 5-P
Vokey wedges

SpiderX

TP5

10 hours ago, dekez said:

Can anyone compare the 699 to the original PXG 0211 or some Srixon Z565/585?

Like to know as well as I have a set of ‘19 0211 and PING g410.

Mostly looking at a shaft change and this thread has put Sub70 on the list.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Had my first round with a new set of JB raw wedges yesterday. I immediately loved them. Sub70 is right, they are super soft. The grind was great, very versatile. Plus, the customization and customer service is fantastic. If I didn't already get a new set of P770s a couple months ago, I would have absolutely given their irons a run. Also, their pictures didn't do them justice. I love classic clean looks, usually steering towards mizuno or titleist before changing to the new P770s. I was worried the wedges would be closer to a PXG look but they're a much classier look in person.

I know I'll be in need of a new hybrid in the near future and I don't think I'll look beyond their Pro hybrid.

Keep it up Sub70!

• Like 4

I played my first round of the year with my 649s and they performed great. I had a mishit here and there and I thought they were very acceptable misses. I feel like I fly these about 5 yards further than my Mizuno MP-32 and it was too windy and wet to get an accurate gauge on distance, but as far as strikes were concerned, they felt great. Flew nice through the wind as well. Will really be looking forward to getting them on the course in the next few weeks. 

• Like 2

TM M4 8.5 Atmos Red

TM Original One Mini 13.5 Diamana F

TM Sim TI 5 wood Diamana F

Sub 70 TAIII 4&5 KBS $-Taper Lite

Sub 70 649 6-P KBS $-Taper Lite

Sub 70 286 50,54 KBS $-Taper Lite

Edel D-Grind 58 KBS Tour Rev 2.0

LAB Directed Force 2.1 73* 

12 hours ago, jls667 said:

I know I'll be in need of a new hybrid in the near future and I don't think I'll look beyond their Pro hybrid.

I’m really happy with mine thus far... less happy with my swing, but it feels great and I love the launch window it gives.

very comparable to an Adams hybrid, but with some modern tech.

• Like 1

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

On 4/4/2021 at 8:51 PM, jls667 said:

Had my first round with a new set of JB raw wedges yesterday. I immediately loved them. Sub70 is right, they are super soft. The grind was great, very versatile. Plus, the customization and customer service is fantastic. If I didn't already get a new set of P770s a couple months ago, I would have absolutely given their irons a run. Also, their pictures didn't do them justice. I love classic clean looks, usually steering towards mizuno or titleist before changing to the new P770s. I was worried the wedges would be closer to a PXG look but they're a much classier look in person.

Keep it up Sub70!

Pics of JB RAW please!  Curious how the grind looks and leading edge. I love my glide wedges but the JB raw in 58/12 might be a great greenside club.  

• Like 1

Taylormade M6, 9.0* head set -1.5*, Nippon Regio B+ shaft, 65 stiff at 45.5"
Cobra FLY Z+ 3 wood, orange, aldila tour blue stiff, 14.5*
Sub 70 939x, 3H(18*), Proforce V2 85 stiff
Sub 70 939x, 4H(21*), Proforce V2 85 stiff
Sub 70 699 Pros, 5-AW, Modus 120 stiff
PING glide 2.0, 54*

Taylormade MG3, 58* HB 
Scotty Select Newport, 73* lie, 1* loft, 34" (Testing Taylormade Bandon 1)
Bridgestone Tour BX (Alternate ball VICE PRO)

Loving my 699 irons and a good swing with my pro fairway is an absolute bullet. Getting 240 off the deck for me is amazing. The 3 utility isn’t working as well for me, and overall my long iron game isn’t what it should be even if I have enough speed, so I pulled the trigger on a 5 pro fairway and a 4 and 5 pro hybrid yesterday. Excited to have the top of my bag completely set for the foreseeable future. 

• Like 1

On 4/5/2021 at 7:50 AM, adh2k1 said:

I played my first round of the year with my 649s and they performed great. I had a mishit here and there and I thought they were very acceptable misses. I feel like I fly these about 5 yards further than my Mizuno MP-32 and it was too windy and wet to get an accurate gauge on distance, but as far as strikes were concerned, they felt great. Flew nice through the wind as well. Will really be looking forward to getting them on the course in the next few weeks. 

I haven't gotten mine on course yet but in 3 range sessions I agree the mishits are oddly very playable and acceptable

Im heading to Aviara and Torrey Pines this weekend for the first rounds with these. Thats gonna be a real tough test to find out if these are for me or not haha

• Like 1

TM Qi10 9* ... KBS TD Serape 60x

TM BRNR Mini 13.5 ... KBS TD Rainbow 70x

TM Qi10 Tour 6w... KBS TD Rainbow 80x

TM Qi10 Tour 4h... KBS Proto Hybrid 105 S+

Mizuno Pro 243 5 - P ... KBS TGI 110

TM MG4 50 S, 56 LB, 60 TW... KBS $-Taper 130x

Greyson x Bettinardi SS3 and QB6

TaylorMade TP5x

1 hour ago, SugarLandGolfer said:

Loving my 699 irons and a good swing with my pro fairway is an absolute bullet. Getting 240 off the deck for me is amazing. The 3 utility isn’t working as well for me, and overall my long iron game isn’t what it should be even if I have enough speed, so I pulled the trigger on a 5 pro fairway and a 4 and 5 pro hybrid yesterday. Excited to have the top of my bag completely set for the foreseeable future. 

What shaft in the pro fairway? And how would you describe the launch (low, mid, high)?  Also is it easy to hit off the deck? 

I'm really interested in picking one up soon. I like my flyz+ 3 wood but feel like I could get some more ball speed that would be helpful hitting some par 5's or off tee on par 4's.  I have the 3 and 4 hybrids with the proforce UST V2 shafts they offer and I would say lower to medium launch for me compared to other hybrids for sure but that is why I like them.  

• Like 1

PING glide 2.0, 54*

Taylormade MG3, 58* HB 

22 hours ago, bbfifas said:

Pics of JB RAW please!  Curious how the grind looks and leading edge. I love my glide wedges but the JB raw in 58/12 might be a great greenside club.  

Here are the 50, 54 (bent to 55), and 62 (bent to 61). The wedges came in mint condition, the marks are all from my own use. As for seeing the grind, not sure what you can tell from the pictures but I like to have my lob sit close to the ground as my home course is usually firm and I like to sweep right under. I liked my previous Tour Trustys because the notch in the back allowed the club to get really close to the ground but I had zero issues doing this with the JB. Sat just as nice. 50 & 54 have a straighter leading edge as you can tell.

Hope that helps.

PXL_20210407_140645648.jpg

PXL_20210407_140712455.jpg

PXL_20210407_140809133.jpg

PXL_20210407_140926459.jpg

PXL_20210407_140929642.jpg

PXL_20210407_140940971.jpg

PXL_20210407_140718781.jpg

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, bbfifas said:

What shaft in the pro fairway? And how would you describe the launch (low, mid, high)?  Also is it easy to hit off the deck? 

I'm really interested in picking one up soon. I like my flyz+ 3 wood but feel like I could get some more ball speed that would be helpful hitting some par 5's or off tee on par 4's.  I have the 3 and 4 hybrids with the proforce UST V2 shafts they offer and I would say lower to medium launch for me compared to other hybrids for sure but that is why I like them.  

I went with the upgraded Ventus blue 6s shaft and it’s pretty amazing. For me it’s a piercing mid level flight. It feels like a bullet for my swing, but I’m not typically a high ball hitter. It’s still high enough though. On Monday I hit out of Texas rough (not that deep) from about 230 to an elevated green, somehow hit the green, and I found the ball just on the far fringe maybe 10-15 feet from where it landed. It didn’t stop on a dime like some people want, but I was putting from the fringe. Had it been a level green, it would have had a better descent angle.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, SugarLandGolfer said:

I went with the upgraded Ventus blue 6s shaft and it’s pretty amazing. For me it’s a piercing mid level flight. It feels like a bullet for my swing, but I’m not typically a high ball hitter. It’s still high enough though. On Monday I hit out of Texas rough (not that deep) from about 230 to an elevated green, somehow hit the green, and I found the ball just on the far fringe maybe 10-15 feet from where it landed. It didn’t stop on a dime like some people want, but I was putting from the fringe. Had it been a level green, it would have had a better descent angle.

Does it sit noticeably open like the specs say it should? I really want to look down on it and know it's not going left.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jls667 said:

Here are the 50, 54 (bent to 55), and 62 (bent to 61). The wedges came in mint condition, the marks are all from my own use. As for seeing the grind, not sure what you can tell from the pictures but I like to have my lob sit close to the ground as my home course is usually firm and I like to sweep right under. I liked my previous Tour Trustys because the notch in the back allowed the club to get really close to the ground but I had zero issues doing this with the JB. Sat just as nice. 50 & 54 have a straighter leading edge as you can tell.

Hope that helps.

PXL_20210407_140645648.jpg

PXL_20210407_140712455.jpg

PXL_20210407_140809133.jpg

PXL_20210407_140926459.jpg

PXL_20210407_140929642.jpg

PXL_20210407_140940971.jpg

PXL_20210407_140718781.jpg

How’s the bite on these wedges as compared to offerings from Titleist/Cleveland/Callaway/etc? Anyone have spin numbers on these? Also, how’s the feel? I would say Vokeys are pretty soft feeling, while RTX/MackDaddys are more firm feeling. Where would one put these?

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5* Riptide Regular
Wood: Adams Tight Lies 4w 16* Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Tight Lies 2 4h 22* Stiff
Irons: Sub70 699u 5i/6i, 699 7-PW
Wedges: Callaway MD2 52* Tour Grind, Callaway MD2 58* Tour Grind
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Labs #10

I initially bought the 699 Pro 5-PW with the intention of either picking up a 4 iron or AW based on my distances and gapping, plus doing a shaft fitting at a local shop, and after a few weeks of adjusting to the KBS Tour 120 shafts in my irons (first steel shafts I've ever gamed, so way heavier than I'm used to but feel amazing), in the shaft fitting it actually turns out the Tour 120s recommended by the guys at Sub70 were spot on for me.  I tested them against a couple Modus models, Project X, and Dynamic Golds, and my numbers were by far the best and most consistent with the KBS shafts I already had.  I'm continually getting better at working these irons and shaping them, and they're feeling better and better every round.  I'm SO happy with them, and I've gotten multiple compliments from people I've been paired with on how good they look.  

Anyway, after confirming my distances with them on the simulator, I picked up the AW to fill the gap which arrived last week, and the very next day I went out after work to play 9 at a local muni with a buddy.  One hole is a ~90 yard par 3, which I hit 2 tee shots on with my AW just for practice since no one was behind us, and I stuck them both 8 feet from the pin.  This has always been an awkward hole for me, but these two shots felt perfect.  2 holes later is a very short par 4, playing down wind that day, and my tee shot ended up just in front of the green with the pin set way towards the back.  I pulled out my shiny new AW to chip and let it run back towards the hole, hoping for a birdie chance or at least a tap-in par, and I SUNK THE CHIP FOR MY FIRST EVER EAGLE!  Pretty happy I picked up that AW just in time!  

Just for good measure, the following hole is another par 3 which had the regular tee box at about 140 and a funky provisional tee box for some reason back up a hill at around 175, so I hit 2 tee shots again, one from the longer tee box with my 5 iron, and one from the regular tee box with my 8.  My 5 iron one-hopped-and-stopped right in the middle of the green, and my 8 iron stuck 4 feet from the hole.  I've never had irons where I could be absolutely confident in my distances and shot shape, but the 699 Pros make it feel easy.  Anyway, I'm rambling at this point, but I love these irons more and more every single round. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RyKnocks said:

How’s the bite on these wedges as compared to offerings from Titleist/Cleveland/Callaway/etc? Anyone have spin numbers on these? Also, how’s the feel? I would say Vokeys are pretty soft feeling, while RTX/MackDaddys are more firm feeling. Where would one put these?

Feel wise, having played vokeys for years, these are much softer than vokeys. Really not even close but they are forged vs a cast Vokey. I don't have spin numbers but these have great bite. However, keep in mind, my previous wedges were years old and worn. So in comparison to those almost any wedge will have great spin. That said I can get these to bite in a way I haven't done in a while. I even ripped back a lofted chip from a hill with my lob last round. I actually hit it too far and my old wedge would have rolled off the back but instead it pulled back, likely due to the high spin and steep decent angle. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HorseMeatSandwich said:

I initially bought the 699 Pro 5-PW with the intention of either picking up a 4 iron or AW based on my distances and gapping, plus doing a shaft fitting at a local shop, and after a few weeks of adjusting to the KBS Tour 120 shafts in my irons (first steel shafts I've ever gamed, so way heavier than I'm used to but feel amazing), in the shaft fitting it actually turns out the Tour 120s recommended by the guys at Sub70 were spot on for me.  I tested them against a couple Modus models, Project X, and Dynamic Golds, and my numbers were by far the best and most consistent with the KBS shafts I already had.  I'm continually getting better at working these irons and shaping them, and they're feeling better and better every round.  I'm SO happy with them, and I've gotten multiple compliments from people I've been paired with on how good they look.  

Anyway, after confirming my distances with them on the simulator, I picked up the AW to fill the gap which arrived last week, and the very next day I went out after work to play 9 at a local muni with a buddy.  One hole is a ~90 yard par 3, which I hit 2 tee shots on with my AW just for practice since no one was behind us, and I stuck them both 8 feet from the pin.  This has always been an awkward hole for me, but these two shots felt perfect.  2 holes later is a very short par 4, playing down wind that day, and my tee shot ended up just in front of the green with the pin set way towards the back.  I pulled out my shiny new AW to chip and let it run back towards the hole, hoping for a birdie chance or at least a tap-in par, and I SUNK THE CHIP FOR MY FIRST EVER EAGLE!  Pretty happy I picked up that AW just in time!  

Just for good measure, the following hole is another par 3 which had the regular tee box at about 140 and a funky provisional tee box for some reason back up a hill at around 175, so I hit 2 tee shots again, one from the longer tee box with my 5 iron, and one from the regular tee box with my 8.  My 5 iron one-hopped-and-stopped right in the middle of the green, and my 8 iron stuck 4 feet from the hole.  I've never had irons where I could be absolutely confident in my distances and shot shape, but the 699 Pros make it feel easy.  Anyway, I'm rambling at this point, but I love these irons more and more every single round. 

Glad you're loving them!

I will say one thing... As much as you love the 699 Pro (and I have almost 100% decided that's going to be the set for me when I upgrade my 20 year old clubs this summer), I think the biggest reason you're doing better is the shaft... Sounds like every club you've ever played were with graphite shafts that were WAY too light for you, and you were compensating for them in your swing. Now that you're not needing to compensate, everything works.

That said, kudos to the Sub70 guys for getting you into the right shaft, and for making such awesome clubs that you got a great set that's perfect for you at WAY less money than the big OEMs... 

By the summer, hopefully I'll be playing some 699 Pros too 😉 

• Like 3

Ping G25 10.5* w/ Diamana 'ahina 70 x5ct stiff (set -0.5 to 10*)

Sub70 Pro Tour 5w w/ Aldila NV NXT 85 stiff

Wishon EQ1-NX 4h, 5i-GW single-length built to 37.5" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 286 52/10, 286 56/12, and JB 60/6 wedges, black, built to 36.75" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 Sycamore Mallet putter @ 36.5" with Winn midsize pistol grip

16 minutes ago, betarhoalphadelta said:

Glad you're loving them!

I will say one thing... As much as you love the 699 Pro (and I have almost 100% decided that's going to be the set for me when I upgrade my 20 year old clubs this summer), I think the biggest reason you're doing better is the shaft... Sounds like every club you've ever played were with graphite shafts that were WAY too light for you, and you were compensating for them in your swing. Now that you're not needing to compensate, everything works.

That said, kudos to the Sub70 guys for getting you into the right shaft, and for making such awesome clubs that you got a great set that's perfect for you at WAY less money than the big OEMs... 

By the summer, hopefully I'll be playing some 699 Pros too 😉 

Yeah, I agree that the shaft change is having the biggest positive effect for me, but also just upgrading from GI irons to more of a player's iron profile has been a huge plus for me.  I could hit the GI irons a mile, but I could never dream of this kind of accuracy or feel on pured shots.  I thought I just sucked (which might still be the case), but it's amazing what having the right equipment will do!  Best of luck with your Pros - I hope you love them as much as I do.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Red4282 said:

Exactly what i have been looking for....

I've been gaming mine for 3 weeks and absolutely love them. Best feeling club I've ever hit and even the mishits are soft. I still worry about the lofts and lies moving through normal play because they are so soft but it's an amazing head for the $$. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Red4282 said:

Exactly what i have been looking for....

If only I could play a blade

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS with KBS TD Cat 44.5" (Ventus black as backup)

4w: '22 Rogue ST LS 16.5  Tensei AV Blue 75x

7w: '22 Callaway Apex UW 21 80s MMT

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH 95

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long MOI matched

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid 

Putter: DF2.1 35"69* in blue

Ball: Snell Prime 4.0

Cool video, confirms some of my thoughts. 

-3 wood.  From all reviews it seems like a low flight bomber with good ball speeds and feel.  But tough to hit off the deck which is something I need in my 3 wood for those par 5's in two when I get the chance.  Hesitant for me to buy the 3 wood.   But for a straight tee club its a solid option.

-The irons are all great and have a wide variety no surprise there.  Best value in the industry imho.  Any handicap can appreciate from the 699's for game improvement, 699 pros for the 0-20 handicaps, to these blades for you immortals!

-The wedges, JB ones, say spin great and soft feel in video.  Some members on this thread say the same.    But that straight edge and lack of grind options make open face shots difficult.  He holed out a bunch though so that was a great.  I always 'think' I need a 58/60 that I can play flops but reality is that shot is low percentage and why do I keep chasing that pipe dream? 

• Like 1

PING glide 2.0, 54*

Taylormade MG3, 58* HB 

Update, just ordered the JB wedge 58* raw, modus 120, MCC+4 grey grip, $139 shipped.  Also added in a micro fiber towel.  If I don't like wedge I will send to someone on here to test out.  

• Like 1

PING glide 2.0, 54*

Taylormade MG3, 58* HB 

7 minutes ago, bbfifas said:

Cool video, confirms some of my thoughts. 

-3 wood.  From all reviews it seems like a low flight bomber with good ball speeds and feel.  But tough to hit off the deck which is something I need in my 3 wood for those par 5's in two when I get the chance.  Hesitant for me to buy the 3 wood.   But for a straight tee club its a solid option.

-The irons are all great and have a wide variety no surprise there.  Best value in the industry imho.  Any handicap can appreciate from the 699's for game improvement, 699 pros for the 0-20 handicaps, to these blades for you immortals!

-The wedges, JB ones, say spin great and soft feel in video.  Some members on this thread say the same.    But that straight edge and lack of grind options make open face shots difficult.  He holed out a bunch though so that was a great.  I always 'think' I need a 58/60 that I can play flops but reality is that shot is low percentage and why do I keep chasing that pipe dream? 

I’ve got the pro fairway and it’s a bullet off the fairway. I actually prefer it on grass than on a tee. Liked the 3 Wood so much that I decided to order the 5.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bbfifas said:

Update, just ordered the JB wedge 58* raw, modus 120, MCC+4 grey grip, $139 shipped.  Also added in a micro fiber towel.  If I don't like wedge I will send to someone on here to test out.  

a couple days ago I ordered a low bounce JB 58* black to give it a try.  Really happy with the hybrids so looking to try out other clubs from Sub70.  

• Like 2

Ping G400 max
Ping G410 5 wood
Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

Titleist T350 irons
54* & 58* Sub70 JB Wedges
PXG Operator H w/ BGT stability tour shaft or  SIK FLO C with LAGP shaft

6 minutes ago, larryd3 said:

a couple days ago I ordered a low bounce JB 58* black to give it a try.  Really happy with the hybrids so looking to try out other clubs from Sub70.  

Awesome post up some reviews compared to your vokeys.  I went with the 58/12 bounce.  I'm definitely a digger on half to full shots and like ball back downward strike on chips.  Also need the 58 for bunkers so this will be a good test.  I will be comparing to my 58 glide 2.0 standard sole (10* bounce number).  

• Like 1

PING glide 2.0, 54*

Taylormade MG3, 58* HB 

Just now, bbfifas said:

Awesome post up some reviews compared to your vokeys.  I went with the 58/12 bounce.  I'm definitely a digger on half to full shots and like ball back downward strike on chips.  Also need the 58 for bunkers so this will be a good test.  I will be comparing to my 58 glide 2.0 standard sole (10* bounce number).  

I'll do that.  Probably won't receive the wedge till middle or end of next week.  I'm more of a sweeper and use my 58* for bunkers and chipping around the green and full shots so it gets used a bunch in different situations.  Trying the LB is an experiment, I hit a friends Cleveland LB and really liked it so see if it makes the bag.  

• Like 2

Ping G400 max
Ping G410 5 wood
Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

Titleist T350 irons
54* & 58* Sub70 JB Wedges
PXG Operator H w/ BGT stability tour shaft or  SIK FLO C with LAGP shaft