DeChambeau: entitled baby?

jc4birdie

> @Noke said:

>

>

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @Noke said:

> > > > @Llortamaisey said:

> > > > I have no problem with his reaction. I pretty much disagree with everything except the slow play (mentioned by another poster) and the media declared “genius” status, which Bryson is guilty of permeating. I could be wrong but I think he only has on degree and it’s not even a PHD. The media, and Bryson, act like he’s got more degrees than a thermometer.

> > >

> > > He's got ZERO degrees.

> > >

> >

> > To be fair. Most of the dumbest people I’ve ever met have at least 1. Usually 2.

>

> Disagree.

>

> You must not have gotten to know many people with college degrees, then, as people with undergraduate and graduate degrees tend to score higher (on average) on intelligence testing than those without.

>

> Perhaps to you ‘not smart’ might mean ‘not the way I like to do things’, or, ‘can see nuances in decision-making and take time to think through things’, or ‘no common sense’ (whatever that means), or ‘degrees are elitist’. Just a guess.

>

> My experience has been exactly opposite of yours. I have friends with academic degrees and they are by far the smartest people I know. In fact my wife, with her 3 degrees lol, is perhaps the single most intelligent person I’ve met. But I’m biased.

>

> Of course I am not saying that people don’t learn or are stupid if they don’t have a degree. Life has a way of teaching us, as do on the job experiences.

Now of course. Most of that was said tongue in cheek. But every quip has an element of truth if It hits a nerve.

I thought for a minute or so after reading that and had a hard time coming up with a person that I know well that does not have a degree. So my opinion stands. The dumbest people I’ve met generally have a useless degree. But of course that also means the smartest i know have degrees too. It’s a funny sampling to be honest. Pretty much proves to me that intelligence isn’t really dictated by a piece of paper. Or more accurately isn’t proportionally represented by a piece of paper. And I’m not even getting into the useless degrees that are out there.

And lastly “ common sense “ is a real thing. It refers to the persons ability to survive day to day without copious amounts of help from others ( save for a physical disability ) . People without this who are still successful generally rely on their huge salary to pay for everything to be done. Which works. Until the $ runs out. Example. Wife’s 1st cousin. Corporate attorney who has represented senators , many lobbyists , and youngest female patrtner at her firm ever , and it’s a famous one you’d know if I mention it. Georgetown educates etc etc. Retired at 39.... just does consulting work from home now and moved here away from DC to have kids. Love her to death. Seriously. Good people. But. Take away her credit card and bank access and remove her lifelines and she’d starve to death in her own 3 story house inside a couple weeks. And her husband isn’t any better. Blows my mind that they can drive from point A to B every day and survive. But put her knee deep in a case file and she’s Perry mason. More book smarts than anyone I know. Less real world smarts ( common sense) than anyone I know.

My point is. It entirely depends on which lense you look through. The HoA , fake sanitary world lense , or the one that most people look through that requires a basic understanding of how the world works outside of the gated community. .

And no I don’t care to debate the intelligence of either lense. I’m simply explaining my post and opinion.

This is the way I think about it. Take that “ intelligent person “ .... now. How long would it take you to teach them any menial task you can think of ? Example - setting or disarming their new alarm system..... or , giving directions to a location that’s 15 miles away. My point is that being well read , I.e educated on paper , does very little for surviving day to day in the actual world. One must possess “ common sense “ as well. Otherwise you have to greatly subsidize that lack of common sense with $ , which therefore offsets the actual intelligence that is claimed on that piece of paper.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I think he is great, he gets a little emotional at times, but he is only getting mad at himself. Personally I hope he wins the Open Championship. The whole "scientist" thing is overblown, yeah it's his schtick, but it's mostly the talking heads needing something to talk about.

From everything I have seen , he seems like a really nice guy.

• Like 2

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

> @jc4birdie said:

> I'm not one to be very public in any negative thoughts I have about pro golfers, but DeChambeau's behavior this weekend at the 3M was petulant and child-like, and unfortunately it's not the first time I've seen it from this media-declared "golf genius". He acts as if he has a RIGHT to every good break and should be immune from his "science" not working precisely as he thinks it's supposed to....just a very bad look to see him giving disgusted talks to holes/pins and muttering to himself like he's Mr. Large and In-Charge!

>

> He supplanted Spieth this weekend in my mind as pro golf's whiniest horse's rear-end. His walkaway when Wolff drained the winning putt, on camera, was highly petulant....contrast that to Phil's grace when Stewart drained a 20 footer to beat him in a US Open.

His "walkaway" was in the players area after he had signed the score card, he then congratulated him and hugged him when he saw him. You got to remember Bryson played fantastic and sank an eagle of his own a few minutes prior and was thinking playoff, then the kid drops a bomb on him he just needed a minute to docompress...what's the big deal? Phil's "grace" was on the 18th green in front of the entire viewing audience, Phil probably went back to the locker room and slammed a few doors.....but who knows, who cares, and what does it matter, we are all human?

By the way, I love watching me some Jordan Speith when he is on his game, he's a great competitor. Seems to me the OP is a snowflake of the highest order.

• Like 1

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

> @"Ashley Schaeffer" said:

> I just think it's fun that the media likes to call him a genius. It's like calling actors geniuses. You know there are real geniuses out there, right?

Precisely old bean!

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @"Ashley Schaeffer" said:

> I just think it's fun that the media likes to call him a genius. It's like calling actors geniuses. You know there are real geniuses out there, right?

Hehe. Reminds me of parents declaring their kids 'are in the gifted program at school.'

Er, no. Mozart was gifted. Newton was gifted. A kid who manages to rise above the blob of grade inflation and dumbed-down tests is not gifted. And the small number of actual gifted students in the world precludes the need for one school after another to establish a gifted program.

• Like 1

> @Ferguson said:

> Remember that guy who started a thread about Bubba Watson's wife not being as feminine as he thought she should be?

> That was awesome.

Are you pointing out the similarities between Bryson and Bubba's wife?

PXG 0811X Proto 9*
Ping G30 14.5*

Ping G20 Hybrid 17*
PXG 0317X Gen 2 22*
Ping K15 4 Hybrid

Ping Rapture J-Spec 5 Iron

Ping i5 6 Iron

Ping S59 7-PW
Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*, 58*
Ping Zing 2 BeCu

> @ExTrumpet said:

> > @Ferguson said:

> > Remember that guy who started a thread about Bubba Watson's wife not being as feminine as he thought she should be?

> > That was awesome.

>

> Are you pointing out the similarities between Bryson and Bubba's wife?

Yes, actually it was to point out that both Bubba's wife and Bryson's game are centered in the mysteries and marvels of science.

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Noke said:

> >

> >

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @Noke said:

> > > > > @Llortamaisey said:

> > > > > I have no problem with his reaction. I pretty much disagree with everything except the slow play (mentioned by another poster) and the media declared “genius” status, which Bryson is guilty of permeating. I could be wrong but I think he only has on degree and it’s not even a PHD. The media, and Bryson, act like he’s got more degrees than a thermometer.

> > > >

> > > > He's got ZERO degrees.

> > > >

> > >

> > > To be fair. Most of the dumbest people I’ve ever met have at least 1. Usually 2.

> >

> > Disagree.

> >

> > You must not have gotten to know many people with college degrees, then, as people with undergraduate and graduate degrees tend to score higher (on average) on intelligence testing than those without.

> >

> > Perhaps to you ‘not smart’ might mean ‘not the way I like to do things’, or, ‘can see nuances in decision-making and take time to think through things’, or ‘no common sense’ (whatever that means), or ‘degrees are elitist’. Just a guess.

> >

> > My experience has been exactly opposite of yours. I have friends with academic degrees and they are by far the smartest people I know. In fact my wife, with her 3 degrees lol, is perhaps the single most intelligent person I’ve met. But I’m biased.

> >

> > Of course I am not saying that people don’t learn or are stupid if they don’t have a degree. Life has a way of teaching us, as do on the job experiences.

>

> Now of course. Most of that was said tongue in cheek. But every quip has an element of truth if It hits a nerve.

>

> I thought for a minute or so after reading that and had a hard time coming up with a person that I know well that does not have a degree. So my opinion stands. The dumbest people I’ve met generally have a useless degree. But of course that also means the smartest i know have degrees too. It’s a funny sampling to be honest. Pretty much proves to me that intelligence isn’t really dictated by a piece of paper. Or more accurately isn’t proportionally represented by a piece of paper. And I’m not even getting into the useless degrees that are out there.

>

> And lastly “ common sense “ is a real thing. It refers to the persons ability to survive day to day without copious amounts of help from others ( save for a physical disability ) . People without this who are still successful generally rely on their huge salary to pay for everything to be done. Which works. Until the $ runs out. Example. Wife’s 1st cousin. Corporate attorney who has represented senators , many lobbyists , and youngest female patrtner at her firm ever , and it’s a famous one you’d know if I mention it. Georgetown educates etc etc. Retired at 39.... just does consulting work from home now and moved here away from DC to have kids. Love her to death. Seriously. Good people. But. Take away her credit card and bank access and remove her lifelines and she’d starve to death in her own 3 story house inside a couple weeks. And her husband isn’t any better. Blows my mind that they can drive from point A to B every day and survive. But put her knee deep in a case file and she’s Perry mason. More book smarts than anyone I know. Less real world smarts ( common sense) than anyone I know.

>

> My point is. It entirely depends on which lense you look through. The HoA , fake sanitary world lense , or the one that most people look through that requires a basic understanding of how the world works outside of the gated community. .

>

> And no I don’t care to debate the intelligence of either lense. I’m simply explaining my post and opinion.

>

>

> This is the way I think about it. Take that “ intelligent person “ .... now. How long would it take you to teach them any menial task you can think of ? Example - setting or disarming their new alarm system..... or , giving directions to a location that’s 15 miles away. My point is that being well read , I.e educated on paper , does very little for surviving day to day in the actual world. One must possess “ common sense “ as well. Otherwise you have to greatly subsidize that lack of common sense with $ , which therefore offsets the actual intelligence that is claimed on that piece of paper.

My sister is like that, genius at work ... day to day stuff not so much. 1 degree in Actuarial Science

I know some incredibly smart people with loads of degrees and others with none

The brightest guy I know was my university room-mate in undergrad. Colo-rectal surgeon now .. and a pilot .. and a freaky knowledge of pretty much everything on the planet, scary

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

f8g1dldmpdbp.png

The details of my life are quite inconsequential, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy, the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical, summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds, pretty standard really.

> @jc4birdie said:

> I'm not one to be very public in any negative thoughts I have about pro golfers, but DeChambeau's behavior this weekend at the 3M was petulant and child-like, and unfortunately it's not the first time I've seen it from this media-declared "golf genius". He acts as if he has a RIGHT to every good break and should be immune from his "science" not working precisely as he thinks it's supposed to....just a very bad look to see him giving disgusted talks to holes/pins and muttering to himself like he's Mr. Large and In-Charge!

>

> He supplanted Spieth this weekend in my mind as pro golf's whiniest horse's rear-end. His walkaway when Wolff drained the winning putt, on camera, was highly petulant....contrast that to Phil's grace when Stewart drained a 20 footer to beat him in a US Open.

Everybody has their opinion but after running the Practice facility for the 3M Open I have exactly the opposite opinion of Bryson . I had thought of him as aloof until I saw how interacted with the fans , kids, volunteers and players all week . He stayed late signing autographs and letting people take selfies every night and before he left the range Sunday went to every volunteer he saw and thanked them for the help during the week. Frankly I became a fan this week for he was sincere and appreciative which is something rare today.

• Like 2

I don't like his attitude. Overly intense, seemingly aggressive with a chip on his shoulder. Doubt he even enjoys golf. Looks like he just plays to win. Doubt he has much feel in his swing either, bet he plays robotically without feeling much. I'm happy to meet him, play a few round with him and be corrected, but that's highly unlikely. Everything I say is guesswork, I stress that I don't know him personally so character assassination isn't what I'm going for - more how he seems. Maybe he's completely different off the course and a laid back guy. I do worry though that he doesn't enjoy playing golf. I know some hyper competitive people get super mad at themselves. But it's not helping - himself and his mentality - he's wasting energy and it's bad to watch.

> @HonestPlayer said:

> I don't like his attitude. Overly intense, seemingly aggressive with a chip on his shoulder. Doubt he even enjoys golf. Looks like he just plays to win. Doubt he has much feel in his swing either, bet he plays robotically without feeling much. I'm happy to meet him, play a few round with him and be corrected, but that's highly unlikely. Everything I say is guesswork, I stress that I don't know him personally so character assassination isn't what I'm going for - more how he seems. Maybe he's completely different off the course and a laid back guy. I do worry though that he doesn't enjoy playing golf. I know some hyper competitive people get super mad at themselves. But it's not helping - himself and his mentality - he's wasting energy and it's bad to watch.

How in the world did you come to that conclusion?

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

> @lawsonman said:

> > @HonestPlayer said:

> > I don't like his attitude. Overly intense, seemingly aggressive with a chip on his shoulder. Doubt he even enjoys golf. Looks like he just plays to win. Doubt he has much feel in his swing either, bet he plays robotically without feeling much. I'm happy to meet him, play a few round with him and be corrected, but that's highly unlikely. Everything I say is guesswork, I stress that I don't know him personally so character assassination isn't what I'm going for - more how he seems. Maybe he's completely different off the course and a laid back guy. I do worry though that he doesn't enjoy playing golf. I know some hyper competitive people get super mad at themselves. But it's not helping - himself and his mentality - he's wasting energy and it's bad to watch.

>

> How in the world did you come to that conclusion?

Not seen him interviewed before much. Every time I see clips of him, tournaments with him in, he is very pumped up and getting angry at himself a lot. Maybe I only catch him on bad days? However, the poster after you compared him to Phil Hellmuth - says a lot.

> @HonestPlayer said:

> > @lawsonman said:

> > > @HonestPlayer said:

> > > I don't like his attitude. Overly intense, seemingly aggressive with a chip on his shoulder. Doubt he even enjoys golf. Looks like he just plays to win. Doubt he has much feel in his swing either, bet he plays robotically without feeling much. I'm happy to meet him, play a few round with him and be corrected, but that's highly unlikely. Everything I say is guesswork, I stress that I don't know him personally so character assassination isn't what I'm going for - more how he seems. Maybe he's completely different off the course and a laid back guy. I do worry though that he doesn't enjoy playing golf. I know some hyper competitive people get super mad at themselves. But it's not helping - himself and his mentality - he's wasting energy and it's bad to watch.

> >

> > How in the world did you come to that conclusion?

>

> Not seen him interviewed before much. Every time I see clips of him, tournaments with him in, he is very pumped up and getting angry at himself a lot. Maybe I only catch him on bad days? However, the poster after you compared him to Phil Hellmuth - says a lot.

He kind of acts like 99% of the pros then. Also, kind of like a guy named Tiger.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

> @HonestPlayer said:

> I don't like his attitude. Overly intense, seemingly aggressive with a chip on his shoulder. Doubt he even enjoys golf. Looks like he just plays to win. Doubt he has much feel in his swing either, bet he plays robotically without feeling much. I'm happy to meet him, play a few round with him and be corrected, but that's highly unlikely. Everything I say is guesswork, I stress that I don't know him personally so character assassination isn't what I'm going for - more how he seems. Maybe he's completely different off the course and a laid back guy. I do worry though that he doesn't enjoy playing golf. I know some hyper competitive people get super mad at themselves. But it's not helping - himself and his mentality - he's wasting energy and it's bad to watch.

lol. Compared to what ? AS in enjoys golf compared to what ? Most pros don’t compared to other things. It’s competitive outlet and/or a job. What they enjoy is the juice. Golf is the vehicle to get the high from the juice. Now many enjoy it to the level of appreciation of history and outdoors etc but very few enjoy it as I take it you mean. As in just glad to be playing. That’s not how it works. Nobody wants to be out there and not win. Take the winning high and the money away and 2/3 of them don’t play maybe 2/3 times a month. Has to be a carrot out there to chase. And there’s no such thing as “ overly intense “.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @HonestPlayer said:

> > @lawsonman said:

> > > @HonestPlayer said:

> > > I don't like his attitude. Overly intense, seemingly aggressive with a chip on his shoulder. Doubt he even enjoys golf. Looks like he just plays to win. Doubt he has much feel in his swing either, bet he plays robotically without feeling much. I'm happy to meet him, play a few round with him and be corrected, but that's highly unlikely. Everything I say is guesswork, I stress that I don't know him personally so character assassination isn't what I'm going for - more how he seems. Maybe he's completely different off the course and a laid back guy. I do worry though that he doesn't enjoy playing golf. I know some hyper competitive people get super mad at themselves. But it's not helping - himself and his mentality - he's wasting energy and it's bad to watch.

> >

> > How in the world did you come to that conclusion?

>

> Not seen him interviewed before much. Every time I see clips of him, tournaments with him in, he is very pumped up and getting angry at himself a lot. Maybe I only catch him on bad days? **However, the poster after you compared him to Phil Hellmuth - says a lot.**

And the guy who posted before you did so from first hand, real world experience. Hm, whose post gives the best (any) insight.

Mizuno ST-X 220 10.5 Aldila Ascent Stiff

Mizuno ST230 16*  UST LINQ

Mizuno JPX Fli_HI #4 20* UST Recoil F3

Mizuno JPX Fli_HI #5 22.5* UST Recoil F3

Mizuno MP 5 5- PW TTDG 95 stiff

Mizuno T22 50 KBS $ Taper Lite
Mizuno T22 56 KBS $ Taper Lite
Mizuno M Craft OMOI #1

> @Noke said:

> > @idrive said:

> > I love the way people judge people they don't know.

> > Unless you know someone first hand, have person to person contact and interactions with this person, truth is you don't have the right to judge anyone in the first place.

> > He's not my favorite golfer but the guy works his a** off and is trying to be the best he can be and what he does. Are you?

>

> Wait, aren't you judging BD in a positive way? Do you know him personally?

>

> If you're going to bash someone for behavior you don't like, at least give them the courtesy of not repeating said behavior.

Learn to read.

I made a blanket statement and asked a question. I "judged" no one. Try again.

> @toc said:

> Something I’m confused about: several people have argued that the OP isn’t qualified to judge/criticize based on TV coverage. By that logic, are people not qualified to be fans of golfers based solely off tv coverage? I mean for the vast majority of the golfing public TV is the only interaction they have with players and thus the only means they have of deciding which players they like and which they do not.

I've made my decision on Matt Wallace and no reports of him providing a cure for a sick dog or bunging a locker room attendent an extra tenner is going to alter my course.

It’s “lens”, not “lense”!

You know who you are. Try to demonstrate some common sens.

(Haha....I crack myself up!)

WITB

Ping G430 Max 9.0 degree Diamana ZF 60 Stiff

Ping G430 Max 3 wood 15 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Ping G430 Max 5 wood 18 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Mizuno Pro 243  4 - G Modus 120 Stiff

Titleist Vokey SM9  56-14F, 60-10S

Scotty Cameron Super Select Del Mar

Titleist Pro V1 / Pro V1X

He didn't go "he made it? Shoot" until the 2nd time the camera was on him (and he knew it by then). The first shot of him, he stalked off, and then caught himself. But that reaction wasn't really what I found off-putting. It's the whiny reactions to every putt that doesn't drop, and the stalking around, muttering like he's entitled to have it all go his way.

And BTW, I'm just as entitled to my opinion of him as anyone else. Attack me if you want.

> @jc4birdie said:

>

jg0bucyjvhmo.jpeg

At the 18th hole, Bryson finishes his round, and is walking away. He is not in the same pairing as Morikawa (great effort BTW) and Wolf. Halfway to the driving range I assume he is told that Wolf drained the putt for eagle. He turns around to go to congratulate him. Dude may be slow and all, but he was all class in this. No pouting, a little disappointed that he's not in a playoff, but you know that's golf. I think some people are confused that either he was in the same pairing, or something ridiculous. Look on Instagram, he also congratulated Wolf. Wolf is such a humble kid he even thanked DeChambeau too, and said he was just trying to catch him. Honestly don't make something bad out of a real good situation.

Callaway Paradym TD 10* Ventus Red TR 5S

Titleist TSR3 13.5* 3 Wood Tour AD-IZ 6S

Titleist TSR3 19* hybrid Modus GOST S

Titleist TSR2 24* hybrid Modus GOST S

Callaway Paradym Hybrid 27* Ventus non Velocore S

Titleist T100 2023 6-PW KBS Tour V S

Titleist SM8 50, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron X7.5 CS