2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Rose: 4 Majors in 4 months is bad for golf.

MMB1500

> @buckeyefl said:

> > @OldTomMorris said:

> > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > @Dave230 said:

> > > > Fair play to Rose for saying it. Fed Ex are trying to buy their way into history, just look at the extra WGC a week after the Open a long distance away. That is terrible scheduling and wouldn't exist only for Fed Ex. Meanwhile every time the players are starting to lose interest in the Cup, they throw another few million in the jackpot. But I don't think they understand for the average fan, rich players getting richer is not a selling point. Fans are interested in events with tradition and history, which it doesnt have.

> > >

> > > BREAKING NEWS: This just in...FEDEX called and stated that Justin Rose did cash the $10M check, I repeat he did cash the check and will not be giving it back....

> > > On a more serious note: After this latest tweak, the cup will be much better....One less playoff tournament and the winner of the tour championship wins the cup. As far as the money goes....the more the better. NBA money is obscene...

> >

> > Let's wait and see how this handicapped Tour Championship goes before we start hailing it as a great success. I personally think its Mickey Mouse and the Fed Ex Cup hasn't improved golf, the fact they keep throwing exorbitant amounts of money at it is bordering on cringeworthy but when it impacts on the major schedule everyone involved should hang their heads in shame.

> >

> > Hopefully more players publicly speak out like Rose as I don't believe he's the only one among the leading players to believe this.

>

> Mickey Mouse for sure

If they had the format last year, Justin Rose would have won and not Tiger. Tiger would get the OWGR points as if he'd won, but it would not be win #80.

The reaction would have been.....poor.

> @Titleist99 said:

> > @Dave230 said:

> > Fair play to Rose for saying it. Fed Ex are trying to buy their way into history, just look at the extra WGC a week after the Open a long distance away. That is terrible scheduling and wouldn't exist only for Fed Ex. Meanwhile every time the players are starting to lose interest in the Cup, they throw another few million in the jackpot. But I don't think they understand for the average fan, rich players getting richer is not a selling point. Fans are interested in events with tradition and history, which it doesnt have.

>

> BREAKING NEWS: This just in...FEDEX called and stated that Justin Rose did cash the $10M check, I repeat he did cash the check and will not be giving it back....

> On a more serious note: After this latest tweak, the cup will be much better....One less playoff tournament and the winner of the tour championship wins the cup. As far as the money goes....the more the better. NBA money is obscene...

I don't watch the NBA. I won't watch the Cup.

• Like 1
Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

> @"Darth Putter" said:

> > @buckeyefl said:

> > > @OldTomMorris said:

> > > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > > @Dave230 said:

> > > > > Fair play to Rose for saying it. Fed Ex are trying to buy their way into history, just look at the extra WGC a week after the Open a long distance away. That is terrible scheduling and wouldn't exist only for Fed Ex. Meanwhile every time the players are starting to lose interest in the Cup, they throw another few million in the jackpot. But I don't think they understand for the average fan, rich players getting richer is not a selling point. Fans are interested in events with tradition and history, which it doesnt have.

> > > >

> > > > BREAKING NEWS: This just in...FEDEX called and stated that Justin Rose did cash the $10M check, I repeat he did cash the check and will not be giving it back....

> > > > On a more serious note: After this latest tweak, the cup will be much better....One less playoff tournament and the winner of the tour championship wins the cup. As far as the money goes....the more the better. NBA money is obscene...

> > >

> > > Let's wait and see how this handicapped Tour Championship goes before we start hailing it as a great success. I personally think its Mickey Mouse and the Fed Ex Cup hasn't improved golf, the fact they keep throwing exorbitant amounts of money at it is bordering on cringeworthy but when it impacts on the major schedule everyone involved should hang their heads in shame.

> > >

> > > Hopefully more players publicly speak out like Rose as I don't believe he's the only one among the leading players to believe this.

> >

> > Mickey Mouse for sure

>

> If they had the format last year, Justin Rose would have won and not Tiger. Tiger would get the OWGR points as if he'd won, but it would not be win #80.

> The reaction would have been.....poor.

Very interesting, I'm not sure how OWGR can get onboard for a handicapped event, seems crazy to me.

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

Maybe he's right. Other than masters other 3 were snoozefests

TM Stealth Plus 10.5 Ventus TR Velocore Red 5

Ping G425 Max 5 FW 17.5 Ventus Velocore Red 7

Srixon ZX MKII 3UT MMT 95

Callaway X Forged CB 21' 4-PW Modus 120

Yururi Tataki 52.5, 56.5 and 60.5 DG S200
Ping Anser 2
MCC +4 Grips
Kirkland Performance+ Ball

> @gvogel said:

> > @Titleist99 said:

> > > @Dave230 said:

> > > Fair play to Rose for saying it. Fed Ex are trying to buy their way into history, just look at the extra WGC a week after the Open a long distance away. That is terrible scheduling and wouldn't exist only for Fed Ex. Meanwhile every time the players are starting to lose interest in the Cup, they throw another few million in the jackpot. But I don't think they understand for the average fan, rich players getting richer is not a selling point. Fans are interested in events with tradition and history, which it doesnt have.

> >

> > BREAKING NEWS: This just in...FEDEX called and stated that Justin Rose did cash the $10M check, I repeat he did cash the check and will not be giving it back....

> > On a more serious note: After this latest tweak, the cup will be much better....One less playoff tournament and the winner of the tour championship wins the cup. As far as the money goes....the more the better. NBA money is obscene...

>

> I don't watch the NBA. I won't watch the Cup.

Learn to love it.....that's all we got....

> @bladehunter said:

> All I know is that this is the first season I’ve watched where it felt like we had a major every week since April , and now it’s over and cold weather is 3 months away. I’d rather see a major in late August early September myself.

Just watch the playoffs with the tour championship......change is good!

I agree, it’s too compressed. I like the PGA in August better. I don’t care anything about NFL preseason and I care very little about the majority of the games early in the season. I do like to settle in and watch games once the weather turns a bit colder, other wise I’d really rather be playing golf.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

> @OldTomMorris said:

> > @Titleist99 said:

> > > @Dave230 said:

> > > Fair play to Rose for saying it. Fed Ex are trying to buy their way into history, just look at the extra WGC a week after the Open a long distance away. That is terrible scheduling and wouldn't exist only for Fed Ex. Meanwhile every time the players are starting to lose interest in the Cup, they throw another few million in the jackpot. But I don't think they understand for the average fan, rich players getting richer is not a selling point. Fans are interested in events with tradition and history, which it doesnt have.

> >

> > BREAKING NEWS: This just in...FEDEX called and stated that Justin Rose did cash the $10M check, I repeat he did cash the check and will not be giving it back....

> > On a more serious note: After this latest tweak, the cup will be much better....One less playoff tournament and the winner of the tour championship wins the cup. As far as the money goes....the more the better. NBA money is obscene...

>

> Let's wait and see how this handicapped Tour Championship goes before we start hailing it as a great success. I personally think its Mickey Mouse and the Fed Ex Cup hasn't improved golf, the fact they keep throwing exorbitant amounts of money at it is bordering on cringeworthy but when it impacts on the major schedule everyone involved should hang their heads in shame.

>

> Hopefully more players publicly speak out like Rose as I don't believe he's the only one among the leading players to believe this.

It's given us more golf....and more golf On TV is always a good thing..

I can't see how any other player with good sense would complain about the opportunity to pocket $10M at the end of the season.

> @Lamb said:

> Rose 100% correct. Utter joke - no one cares about the fake cup event.

Players do, $10 million is still a lot to any of them. It's "the players" itself we can do away with. How about moving masters back to march

TM Stealth Plus 10.5 Ventus TR Velocore Red 5

Ping G425 Max 5 FW 17.5 Ventus Velocore Red 7

Srixon ZX MKII 3UT MMT 95

Callaway X Forged CB 21' 4-PW Modus 120

Yururi Tataki 52.5, 56.5 and 60.5 DG S200
Ping Anser 2
MCC +4 Grips
Kirkland Performance+ Ball

> @Titleist99 said:

> > @OldTomMorris said:

> > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > @Dave230 said:

> > > > Fair play to Rose for saying it. Fed Ex are trying to buy their way into history, just look at the extra WGC a week after the Open a long distance away. That is terrible scheduling and wouldn't exist only for Fed Ex. Meanwhile every time the players are starting to lose interest in the Cup, they throw another few million in the jackpot. But I don't think they understand for the average fan, rich players getting richer is not a selling point. Fans are interested in events with tradition and history, which it doesnt have.

> > >

> > > BREAKING NEWS: This just in...FEDEX called and stated that Justin Rose did cash the $10M check, I repeat he did cash the check and will not be giving it back....

> > > On a more serious note: After this latest tweak, the cup will be much better....One less playoff tournament and the winner of the tour championship wins the cup. As far as the money goes....the more the better. NBA money is obscene...

> >

> > Let's wait and see how this handicapped Tour Championship goes before we start hailing it as a great success. I personally think its Mickey Mouse and the Fed Ex Cup hasn't improved golf, the fact they keep throwing exorbitant amounts of money at it is bordering on cringeworthy but when it impacts on the major schedule everyone involved should hang their heads in shame.

> >

> > Hopefully more players publicly speak out like Rose as I don't believe he's the only one among the leading players to believe this.

>

> It's given us more golf....and more golf On TV is always a good thing...

No it hasn't the number of tournaments is the same and regardless more is not always a good thing.

Creating a bastardised format for a season ending event will likely feel synthetic, wrong and not be as interesting as they hope.

I like your positivity and I've not written it off yet but experience tells me I wont be impressed.

• Like 1
[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

> @dalehead said:

> I can understand JR's point that it's difficult for players to peak for four majors in four months. The majors are golf's standard of measure. Don't you think Tiger would trade his Fed Ex Cups for four more majors? Even one more? Do you think Brandt Snedecker or Billy Horschel would trade theirs for a US Open or Masters? Yet the major schedule had to be condensed so the Fed Ex Cup playoffs didn't have to compete with football for TV ratings. We are getting things backwards. If the Fed Ex Cup disappeared tomorrow would anyone really care? Fans just don't relate to a season long competition for points to determine a champion. Champion of what? It's not even possible to argue that the Fed Ex Cup identifies the tour's best player that year. It doesn't even reward consistency. Get hot in the playoffs and you can walk off with the season long title. The old schedule of April, June, July, August gave both the players and the fans a chance to unwind from one major then gear up for the next. The three most important championships in the world were nicely spread out over a four month period. Then came the US PGA which allowed fans to come down slowly from their major habit without going cold turkey. After this week it's "See you in 9 months." To quote the great Jim Mora, "Playoffs??? Don't talk to me about playoffs!"

I agree with this. I would add that although there is a boatload of dough up for grabs with the FedEx I think it would be better spent elsewhere. I wonder if the European Tour will step up to fill in the gap. Also, I get the sense Rose is a standup guy, despite the fact it may seem to some that he is biting the hand that feeds him.

> @JD3 said:

> > @Lamb said:

> > Rose 100% correct. Utter joke - no one cares about the fake cup event.

>

> Players do, $10 million is still a lot to any of them. It's "the players" itself we can do away with. How about moving masters back to march

Of course the players care....increased purses, five year exemption. Every one of them knows where they stand. Fedex $$$

could pay a lot of bills or fuel a lot of jets....LOL!

> @OldTomMorris said:

> > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > > @Dave230 said:

> > > > > Fair play to Rose for saying it. Fed Ex are trying to buy their way into history, just look at the extra WGC a week after the Open a long distance away. That is terrible scheduling and wouldn't exist only for Fed Ex. Meanwhile every time the players are starting to lose interest in the Cup, they throw another few million in the jackpot. But I don't think they understand for the average fan, rich players getting richer is not a selling point. Fans are interested in events with tradition and history, which it doesnt have.

> > > >

> > > > BREAKING NEWS: This just in...FEDEX called and stated that Justin Rose did cash the $10M check, I repeat he did cash the check and will not be giving it back....

> > > > On a more serious note: After this latest tweak, the cup will be much better....One less playoff tournament and the winner of the tour championship wins the cup. As far as the money goes....the more the better. NBA money is obscene...

> > >

> > > Let's wait and see how this handicapped Tour Championship goes before we start hailing it as a great success. I personally think its Mickey Mouse and the Fed Ex Cup hasn't improved golf, the fact they keep throwing exorbitant amounts of money at it is bordering on cringeworthy but when it impacts on the major schedule everyone involved should hang their heads in shame.

> > >

> > > Hopefully more players publicly speak out like Rose as I don't believe he's the only one among the leading players to believe this.

> >

> > It's given us more golf....and more golf On TV is always a good thing...

>

> No it hasn't the number of tournaments is the same and regardless more is not always a good thing.

>

> Creating a bastardised format for a season ending event will likely feel synthetic, wrong and not be as interesting as they hope.

>

> I like your positivity and I've not written it off yet but experience tells me I wont be impressed.

Legitimate question: If you take away the FedEx tour sponsorship and all the extra cash and additional perks.....would not the title sponsorship of the St. Jude Invitational go away therefore resulting in less golf on TV?

> @Titleist99 said:

> > @OldTomMorris said:

> > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > @OldTomMorris said:

> > > > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > > > @Dave230 said:

> > > > > > Fair play to Rose for saying it. Fed Ex are trying to buy their way into history, just look at the extra WGC a week after the Open a long distance away. That is terrible scheduling and wouldn't exist only for Fed Ex. Meanwhile every time the players are starting to lose interest in the Cup, they throw another few million in the jackpot. But I don't think they understand for the average fan, rich players getting richer is not a selling point. Fans are interested in events with tradition and history, which it doesnt have.

> > > > >

> > > > > BREAKING NEWS: This just in...FEDEX called and stated that Justin Rose did cash the $10M check, I repeat he did cash the check and will not be giving it back....

> > > > > On a more serious note: After this latest tweak, the cup will be much better....One less playoff tournament and the winner of the tour championship wins the cup. As far as the money goes....the more the better. NBA money is obscene...

> > > >

> > > > Let's wait and see how this handicapped Tour Championship goes before we start hailing it as a great success. I personally think its Mickey Mouse and the Fed Ex Cup hasn't improved golf, the fact they keep throwing exorbitant amounts of money at it is bordering on cringeworthy but when it impacts on the major schedule everyone involved should hang their heads in shame.

> > > >

> > > > Hopefully more players publicly speak out like Rose as I don't believe he's the only one among the leading players to believe this.

> > >

> > > It's given us more golf....and more golf On TV is always a good thing...

> >

> > No it hasn't the number of tournaments is the same and regardless more is not always a good thing.

> >

> > Creating a bastardised format for a season ending event will likely feel synthetic, wrong and not be as interesting as they hope.

> >

> > I like your positivity and I've not written it off yet but experience tells me I wont be impressed.

>

> Legitimate question: If you take away the FedEx tour sponsorship and all the extra cash and additional perks.....would not the title sponsorship of the St. Jude Invitational go away therefore resulting in less golf on TV?

An event in Memphis has been around since the 50s. Fedex has been a title sponsor for some of that.

In your hypothetical, Autozone becomes the sponsor of the Memphis event and the WGC version can go somewhere else, as WGC events have and will continue to do.

Same amount of golf.

• Like 1

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

> @JD3 said:

> > @Lamb said:

> > Rose 100% correct. Utter joke - no one cares about the fake cup event.

>

> Players do, $10 million is still a lot to any of them. It's "the players" itself we can do away with. How about moving masters back to march

Starting this year the FEC total prize pool doubles to $70 million and will pay $15 million to the winner of the FEC. The date of The Masters isn't going anywhere.

> @duffer987 said:

> > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > > @OldTomMorris said:

> > > > > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > > > > @Dave230 said:

> > > > > > > Fair play to Rose for saying it. Fed Ex are trying to buy their way into history, just look at the extra WGC a week after the Open a long distance away. That is terrible scheduling and wouldn't exist only for Fed Ex. Meanwhile every time the players are starting to lose interest in the Cup, they throw another few million in the jackpot. But I don't think they understand for the average fan, rich players getting richer is not a selling point. Fans are interested in events with tradition and history, which it doesnt have.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > BREAKING NEWS: This just in...FEDEX called and stated that Justin Rose did cash the $10M check, I repeat he did cash the check and will not be giving it back....

> > > > > > On a more serious note: After this latest tweak, the cup will be much better....One less playoff tournament and the winner of the tour championship wins the cup. As far as the money goes....the more the better. NBA money is obscene...

> > > > >

> > > > > Let's wait and see how this handicapped Tour Championship goes before we start hailing it as a great success. I personally think its Mickey Mouse and the Fed Ex Cup hasn't improved golf, the fact they keep throwing exorbitant amounts of money at it is bordering on cringeworthy but when it impacts on the major schedule everyone involved should hang their heads in shame.

> > > > >

> > > > > Hopefully more players publicly speak out like Rose as I don't believe he's the only one among the leading players to believe this.

> > > >

> > > > It's given us more golf....and more golf On TV is always a good thing...

> > >

> > > No it hasn't the number of tournaments is the same and regardless more is not always a good thing.

> > >

> > > Creating a bastardised format for a season ending event will likely feel synthetic, wrong and not be as interesting as they hope.

> > >

> > > I like your positivity and I've not written it off yet but experience tells me I wont be impressed.

> >

> > Legitimate question: If you take away the FedEx tour sponsorship and all the extra cash and additional perks.....would not the title sponsorship of the St. Jude Invitational go away therefore resulting in less golf on TV?

>

> **An event in Memphis has been around since the 50s**. Fedex has been a title sponsor for some of that.

Many people here have zero knowledge of past PGA Tour history. Not surprising.

> @Titleist99 said:

> It's given us more golf....and more golf On TV is always a good thing..

> I can't see how any other player with good sense would complain about the opportunity to pocket $10M at the end of the season.

Isn't it just adverts and talking heads though?

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z565 Speeder 569 Evo IV SR[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Matrix Ozik R[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Srixon U65 2 iron, Miyazaki S[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees RedTie S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS [/size][/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]HiRev[/size][/color][/font]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Odyssey O-Works Black 34"[/size][/color][/font]

> @grm24 said:

> > @duffer987 said:

> > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > @OldTomMorris said:

> > > > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > > > @OldTomMorris said:

> > > > > > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > > > > > @Dave230 said:

> > > > > > > > Fair play to Rose for saying it. Fed Ex are trying to buy their way into history, just look at the extra WGC a week after the Open a long distance away. That is terrible scheduling and wouldn't exist only for Fed Ex. Meanwhile every time the players are starting to lose interest in the Cup, they throw another few million in the jackpot. But I don't think they understand for the average fan, rich players getting richer is not a selling point. Fans are interested in events with tradition and history, which it doesnt have.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > BREAKING NEWS: This just in...FEDEX called and stated that Justin Rose did cash the $10M check, I repeat he did cash the check and will not be giving it back....

> > > > > > > On a more serious note: After this latest tweak, the cup will be much better....One less playoff tournament and the winner of the tour championship wins the cup. As far as the money goes....the more the better. NBA money is obscene...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Let's wait and see how this handicapped Tour Championship goes before we start hailing it as a great success. I personally think its Mickey Mouse and the Fed Ex Cup hasn't improved golf, the fact they keep throwing exorbitant amounts of money at it is bordering on cringeworthy but when it impacts on the major schedule everyone involved should hang their heads in shame.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Hopefully more players publicly speak out like Rose as I don't believe he's the only one among the leading players to believe this.

> > > > >

> > > > > It's given us more golf....and more golf On TV is always a good thing...

> > > >

> > > > No it hasn't the number of tournaments is the same and regardless more is not always a good thing.

> > > >

> > > > Creating a bastardised format for a season ending event will likely feel synthetic, wrong and not be as interesting as they hope.

> > > >

> > > > I like your positivity and I've not written it off yet but experience tells me I wont be impressed.

> > >

> > > Legitimate question: If you take away the FedEx tour sponsorship and all the extra cash and additional perks.....would not the title sponsorship of the St. Jude Invitational go away therefore resulting in less golf on TV?

> >

> > **An event in Memphis has been around since the 50s**. Fedex has been a title sponsor for some of that.

>

> Many people here have zero knowledge of past PGA Tour history. Not surprising.

>

TBF I'm pretty ignorant about the present :-) As I watch the majors and some of the West Coast swing and that's it really.

I didn't realise the Bridgestone morphed into the St Jude until this week when they referenced Shane's WGC win and called it the WGC St Jude (of course they did) instead of what and where he actually won it was.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

> @"15th Club" said:

> I like and respect Rose's criticism. I'm glad he said it.

>

> While I am of the opinion that NFL football ruins almost everything it touches (college football most particularly), I never had the feeling that this was an NFL-directed decision. I thought it was to favor the Cups. The Ryder Cup, the President's Cup and the FedEx Cup. And it was the PGA Tour, and PGA of America, who together could make the move, and who coincidentally owned the relevant events.

>

The pga tour didn’t want their end of season playoffs and tour championship viewers being lost to the nfl. Finish the season before nfl starts was the goal.

> @grm24 said:

> > @JD3 said:

> > > @Lamb said:

> > > Rose 100% correct. Utter joke - no one cares about the fake cup event.

> >

> > Players do, $10 million is still a lot to any of them. It's "the players" itself we can do away with. How about moving masters back to march

>

> Starting this year the FEC total prize pool doubles to $70 million and will pay $15 million to the winner of the FEC. The date of The Masters isn't going anywhere.

Pga Tour will never get rid of the Players Championship. I do believe that the TPC Sawgrass is one of their course and they get extra sponsorship dollars because they pay themselves.....Don't quote me though. LOL!

Taken from the PGA website: The changes include a more compact schedule next season that ends Aug. 25, a week before football begins. The top 10 players in the FedEx Cup during the regular season are part of a separate $10 million bonus program that pays $2 million to the No. 1 player. The FedEx Cup playoffs are reduced from four events to three, with the winner of the Tour Championship being the FedEx Cup champion.

Will somebody please tell me again how this is bad for Tour players and bad for golf.

Tend to agree with Rose's assessment. Now that The Open is over there's little to look forward to until next season, other than the FedEx Cup which is ok but not great. And I really hate the condensed schedule because it eliminated the Dell/ EMC tournament at TPC Boston (which I attended every year). We're not even at the end of July and the season is basically over. Too condensed.

• Like 1

> @jimb6golf said:

> Tend to agree with Rose's assessment. Now that The Open is over there's little to look forward to until next season, other than the FedEx Cup which is ok but not great. And I really hate the condensed schedule because it eliminated the Dell/ EMC tournament at TPC Boston (which I attended every year). We're not even at the end of July and the season is basically over. Too condensed.

Half right

The Northern Trust will alternate between New York and Boston. The PGA Tour will see you again in 2020.

> @jimb6golf said:

> Tend to agree with Rose's assessment. Now that The Open is over there's little to look forward to until next season, other than the FedEx Cup which is ok but not great. And I really hate the condensed schedule because it eliminated the Dell/ EMC tournament at TPC Boston (which I attended every year). We're not even at the end of July and the season is basically over. Too condensed.

How is the season basically over? All the top players will be competing at good events through August.