Brooks vs Rory - Rivalry?

MattyO1984

> @bandrz said:

> > @Lamb said:

> > > @Scotty1140 said:

> > > > @Lamb said:

> > > > He is 100% right. Brooks is leagues above Rory. Without a doubt Rory is the most overrated golfer ever and just someone who the media try to force down unto everyone. Rorys rivalry is with the Tommy Fleetwoods and Jason Days of this world.

> > >

> > > Brooks has been playing better golf in the bigger events than Rory the last couple of years. No one can argue otherwise. But to say Rory is the most overrated golfer ever is just plain stupid.

> > >

> > > Just look at the career resumes Chris posted. McIlroy’s is clearly better.

> > >

> >

> > Take away Rorys good stretch 2012 - 2014 and you have an average top golfer. He got on a hot run just like Speith and he is just another top 30 player nothing outstanding.

> >

>

> While we're taking things away and/or pretending they didn't happen, I'd like to submit the following for Consideration:

>

> 2 pitches from game 6 of the 2011 World Series

> The referees from game 3 of the 2006 NBA finals

> Kent Hrbek and Ron Gant from the 1991 World Series

> All four major winners from 2009

> Screech from Saved By The Bell

>

>

Right? I'll settle the Tiger/Jack debate right now, just take away 4-5 majors from Jack and it's Tiger no contest

> @darredondo09 said:

> > @bandrz said:

> > > @Lamb said:

> > > > @Scotty1140 said:

> > > > > @Lamb said:

> > > > > He is 100% right. Brooks is leagues above Rory. Without a doubt Rory is the most overrated golfer ever and just someone who the media try to force down unto everyone. Rorys rivalry is with the Tommy Fleetwoods and Jason Days of this world.

> > > >

> > > > Brooks has been playing better golf in the bigger events than Rory the last couple of years. No one can argue otherwise. But to say Rory is the most overrated golfer ever is just plain stupid.

> > > >

> > > > Just look at the career resumes Chris posted. McIlroy’s is clearly better.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Take away Rorys good stretch 2012 - 2014 and you have an average top golfer. He got on a hot run just like Speith and he is just another top 30 player nothing outstanding.

> > >

> >

> > While we're taking things away and/or pretending they didn't happen, I'd like to submit the following for Consideration:

> >

> > 2 pitches from game 6 of the 2011 World Series

> > The referees from game 3 of the 2006 NBA finals

> > Kent Hrbek and Ron Gant from the 1991 World Series

> > All four major winners from 2009

> > Screech from Saved By The Bell

> >

> >

>

> Right? I'll settle the Tiger/Jack debate right now, just take away 4-5 majors from Jack and it's Tiger no contest

oz8ja30ceg1s.png

Well, Brooks is looking like his second missed cut in a row while his brother plays the weekend. So, he is only going to be looking in the rear view for a short time if this continues.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> Well, Brooks is looking like his second missed cut in a row while his brother plays the weekend. So, he is only going to be looking in the rear view for a short time if this continues.

I can say with confidence that Bruce is in an official slump. I mean, two missed cuts in a row? Come on.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

> @grm24 said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > Well, Brooks is looking like his second missed cut in a row while his brother plays the weekend. So, he is only going to be looking in the rear view for a short time if this continues.

>

> No cut inthis event.

oh, well than he is safe. > @ebrasmus21 said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > Well, Brooks is looking like his second missed cut in a row while his brother plays the weekend. So, he is only going to be looking in the rear view for a short time if this continues.

>

> I can say with confidence that Bruce is in an official slump. I mean, two missed cuts in a row? Come on.

>

I know I am putting the cart before the horse here. I like Brooks, and want him to play well. I just feel his arrogance level is reaching new heights and he has opened himself up to more scrutiny.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @grm24 said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > Well, Brooks is looking like his second missed cut in a row while his brother plays the weekend. So, he is only going to be looking in the rear view for a short time if this continues.

> >

> > No cut inthis event.

>

> oh, well than he is safe. >

He was T51 after two rounds. He still would of made the cut if it was low 65 and ties.

> @bscinstnct said:

> > @darredondo09 said:

> > > @bandrz said:

> > > > @Lamb said:

> > > > > @Scotty1140 said:

> > > > > > @Lamb said:

> > > > > > He is 100% right. Brooks is leagues above Rory. Without a doubt Rory is the most overrated golfer ever and just someone who the media try to force down unto everyone. Rorys rivalry is with the Tommy Fleetwoods and Jason Days of this world.

> > > > >

> > > > > Brooks has been playing better golf in the bigger events than Rory the last couple of years. No one can argue otherwise. But to say Rory is the most overrated golfer ever is just plain stupid.

> > > > >

> > > > > Just look at the career resumes Chris posted. McIlroy’s is clearly better.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Take away Rorys good stretch 2012 - 2014 and you have an average top golfer. He got on a hot run just like Speith and he is just another top 30 player nothing outstanding.

> > > >

> > >

> > > While we're taking things away and/or pretending they didn't happen, I'd like to submit the following for Consideration:

> > >

> > > 2 pitches from game 6 of the 2011 World Series

> > > The referees from game 3 of the 2006 NBA finals

> > > Kent Hrbek and Ron Gant from the 1991 World Series

> > > All four major winners from 2009

> > > Screech from Saved By The Bell

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Right? I'll settle the Tiger/Jack debate right now, just take away 4-5 majors from Jack and it's Tiger no contest

>

> oz8ja30ceg1s.png

>

I think if you did 3 there'd still be people that say that the number of seconds would put him over Tiger

> @bscinstnct said:

> > @darredondo09 said:

> > > @bandrz said:

> > > > @Lamb said:

> > > > > @Scotty1140 said:

> > > > > > @Lamb said:

> > > > > > He is 100% right. Brooks is leagues above Rory. Without a doubt Rory is the most overrated golfer ever and just someone who the media try to force down unto everyone. Rorys rivalry is with the Tommy Fleetwoods and Jason Days of this world.

> > > > >

> > > > > Brooks has been playing better golf in the bigger events than Rory the last couple of years. No one can argue otherwise. But to say Rory is the most overrated golfer ever is just plain stupid.

> > > > >

> > > > > Just look at the career resumes Chris posted. McIlroy’s is clearly better.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Take away Rorys good stretch 2012 - 2014 and you have an average top golfer. He got on a hot run just like Speith and he is just another top 30 player nothing outstanding.

> > > >

> > >

> > > While we're taking things away and/or pretending they didn't happen, I'd like to submit the following for Consideration:

> > >

> > > 2 pitches from game 6 of the 2011 World Series

> > > The referees from game 3 of the 2006 NBA finals

> > > Kent Hrbek and Ron Gant from the 1991 World Series

> > > All four major winners from 2009

> > > Screech from Saved By The Bell

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Right? I'll settle the Tiger/Jack debate right now, just take away 4-5 majors from Jack and it's Tiger no contest

>

> oz8ja30ceg1s.png

>

What is the number of 15?

> @darredondo09 said:

> > @bscinstnct said:

> > > @darredondo09 said:

> > > > @bandrz said:

> > > > > @Lamb said:

> > > > > > @Scotty1140 said:

> > > > > > > @Lamb said:

> > > > > > > He is 100% right. Brooks is leagues above Rory. Without a doubt Rory is the most overrated golfer ever and just someone who the media try to force down unto everyone. Rorys rivalry is with the Tommy Fleetwoods and Jason Days of this world.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Brooks has been playing better golf in the bigger events than Rory the last couple of years. No one can argue otherwise. But to say Rory is the most overrated golfer ever is just plain stupid.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Just look at the career resumes Chris posted. McIlroy’s is clearly better.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Take away Rorys good stretch 2012 - 2014 and you have an average top golfer. He got on a hot run just like Speith and he is just another top 30 player nothing outstanding.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > While we're taking things away and/or pretending they didn't happen, I'd like to submit the following for Consideration:

> > > >

> > > > 2 pitches from game 6 of the 2011 World Series

> > > > The referees from game 3 of the 2006 NBA finals

> > > > Kent Hrbek and Ron Gant from the 1991 World Series

> > > > All four major winners from 2009

> > > > Screech from Saved By The Bell

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Right? I'll settle the Tiger/Jack debate right now, just take away 4-5 majors from Jack and it's Tiger no contest

> >

> > oz8ja30ceg1s.png

> >

>

> I think if you did 3 there'd still be people that say that the number of seconds would put him over Tiger

Some people would say, "the sky is blue because we live inside the eye of a blue-eyed giant named Macumber.” ; )

The worse part of Cupcake is he has zero sense of humor. The guy looked like he was totally serious and giving up insightful analysis into his game vs Rory. I can’t even call it arrogance, more like delusion and no sense of history. Some might say he is the consummate troll when dealing with the media, but I doubt it. He makes DJ look like a genius.

• Like 1

https://www.golf.com/news/2019/10/21/rory-mcilroy-responds-brooks-koepka-rivalry/

Rory McIlroy responds to Brooks Koepka’s ‘no rivalry’ remarks

“I felt like … I think it’s hard,” McIlroy said. “We’ve all had it where we get asked in press conferences about other players. I’ve had it where it’s like, why are these guys asking me about someone else, are we not supposed to be here to be talking about me? And like, what Brooks said wasn’t wrong. He’s been the best player in the world the last couple of years, four majors.”

McIlroy was (unsurprisingly) less excited about the no-major shade thrown his way.

“I don’t think he had to remind me that I hadn’t won one in a while,” he added with a smile. “But I love Brooks, he’s a great guy and obviously super competitive like we all are. I guess I can see where he’s coming from; we’re out here, we can’t control anyone else, we just have to play our own golf. And look, I said a couple things after the Tour Championship that I approached that final round like a rivalry because he got one over on me in Memphis and I sorta wanted to get him back.”

At the time, McIlroy said he’d channeled some of Koepka’s closing style and played up the rivalry in his mind to help fuel himself. In short, he beat Brooks by imitating Brooks.

“I think if you take what Brooks said out of context then obviously it can become this big thing that it’s become,” McIlroy concluded. “But Brooks and I are good, we’re good friends and I’ve been really happy for him just to see how he’s played the last couple of years … We’re all trying to play as good as we can.

> @Swvehaun said:

> Hard to know how to respond to Rory's answer to this - always easygoing laughs it off, seems like a great guy - but also do wish he would get mad and let it light some sort of fire. Portrush (along with the other majors) last year was discouraging to watch

That's not Rory's style to be in your face about anything controversial. He let Brooks off the hook and took the high road to try and stop the story. I commend him for that. It's a much better look for Rory than Brooks.

• Like 1

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

Brooks talks a bit too much... I respect what hes done in the majors in the last few years but hes far from a dominating player who contends and wins often. ill see how the next 5 years go for him. I hope im wrong but i dont see a repeat of his major performances. I think it was a perfect storm of big ballparks at the right time and soaring confidence. Im sure he will contend and will be a factor but i cant see a repeat. Rory might have a great second act to his career and bag a few majors but as of now its Rory and its not close. Brooks talks like hes tiger but hes not

> @lowheel said:

> Brooks talks a bit too much... I respect what hes done in the majors in the last few years but hes far from a dominating player who contends and wins often. ill see how the next 5 years go for him. I hope im wrong but i dont see a repeat of his major performances. I think it was a perfect storm of big ballparks at the right time and soaring confidence. Im sure he will contend and will be a factor but i cant see a repeat. Rory might have a great second act to his career and bag a few majors but as of now its Rory and its not close. Brooks talks like hes tiger but hes not

Brandl had a similar take as far as BK having the right game of big, straight, tracks. Not his fault, of course. I do think he has the game and the on course mental toughness (that's the key because I think the mental toughness enables making the clutch putts or, in Rory's case, not making them) to win another 4 majors. Why not if he stays healthy?

> @Christosterone said:

> Brooks isn’t Rory....maybe he will be some day but he’s not there at present...

>

> He should keep his head down and let his play do the talking...

>

>**It’s not a good look to scoff at others**...and that’s what he is doing...

>

> -Chris

>

Golf is so full of "its not a good look" infact its got the whole industry handcuffed in many ways.... I think its hilarious, Brooks knows Rory can't putt in majors so no threat to him

Can't figure how to like my own posts

Rory has won 3 Vardon Trophies...

Do have any concept how incredible that is at Rorys age?

You have to make putts week in, week out to win a vardon trophy....

It’s the most difficult trophy in golf in this day and age imho

To say someone who has won a vardon trophy as recently as 2019 “Can’t putt” belies unparalleled ignorance....no offense but wow

-Chris

> @Barfolomew said:

> > @Christosterone said:

> > Brooks isn’t Rory....maybe he will be some day but he’s not there at present...

> >

> > He should keep his head down and let his play do the talking...

> >

> >**It’s not a good look to scoff at others**...and that’s what he is doing...

> >

> > -Chris

> >

>

> Golf is so full of "its not a good look" infact its got the whole industry handcuffed in many ways.... I think its hilarious, Brooks knows Rory can't putt in majors so no threat to him

• Like 1

Srixon Z745 Japanese Tour 430cc Tour AD-DJ7 XX
Srixon zU45 (2,3) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
Srixon JDM Z945 (4-PW) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
Cleveland 588 DSG(52,56,60) KBS Tour 130X White 2* up
dumbest putter ever...backstryke with tons of lead tape

> @CCTxGolf said:

> Gosh the season is just getting started and brooks has quickly jumped into his all to familiar co-captain role with BAD as the most obnoxious player on tour.

>

>

That's the rivalry I'm hoping for. They already don't like each other. Jock vs nerd. Feel vs mechanical. Quiet vs talkative... Lots of differences. I'm team BAD.

> @Vindog said:

> Brooks laughs at the Four Winds

> Laughs from His mountain.

I would sell hagga to slayers such as you? I know nothing...

(punches camel)

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

> @Swvehaun said:

> Hard to know how to respond to Rory's answer to this - always easygoing laughs it off, seems like a great guy - but also do wish he would get mad and let it light some sort of fire. Portrush (along with the other majors) last year was discouraging to watch

Hard to get mad when you pocketed over $20M last year...…..right!?!

> @Swvehaun said:

I agree that Ror's first 1st round at Portrush was terrible BUT it made him realise how much he cared, and his 2nd round was fantastic to watch. I think he learned a lot from that, and that made him a better competitor.

> @bscinstnct said:

> > @lowheel said:

> > Brooks talks a bit too much... I respect what hes done in the majors in the last few years but hes far from a dominating player who contends and wins often. ill see how the next 5 years go for him. I hope im wrong but i dont see a repeat of his major performances. I think it was a perfect storm of big ballparks at the right time and soaring confidence. Im sure he will contend and will be a factor but i cant see a repeat. Rory might have a great second act to his career and bag a few majors but as of now its Rory and its not close. Brooks talks like hes tiger but hes not

>

> Brandl had a similar take as far as BK having the right game of big, straight, tracks. Not his fault, of course. I do think he has the game and the on course mental toughness (that's the key because I think the mental toughness enables making the clutch putts or, in Rory's case, not making them) to win another 4 majors. Why not if he stays healthy?

>

>

I guess we will see but he seems really insecure about everything all the time.The clutch putts eventually stop going in for everyone unless youre generational or semi generational. I dont think its just mental toughness just law of averages. He'll be 30 in a few months and just had some more surgery. Anything can happen but ijust dont see it. I could be wrong and im not rooting against him but i have to see it to believe it.

> @lowheel said:

> > @bscinstnct said:

> > > @lowheel said:

> > > Brooks talks a bit too much... I respect what hes done in the majors in the last few years but hes far from a dominating player who contends and wins often. ill see how the next 5 years go for him. I hope im wrong but i dont see a repeat of his major performances. I think it was a perfect storm of big ballparks at the right time and soaring confidence. Im sure he will contend and will be a factor but i cant see a repeat. Rory might have a great second act to his career and bag a few majors but as of now its Rory and its not close. Brooks talks like hes tiger but hes not

> >

> > Brandl had a similar take as far as BK having the right game of big, straight, tracks. Not his fault, of course. I do think he has the game and the on course mental toughness (that's the key because I think the mental toughness enables making the clutch putts or, in Rory's case, not making them) to win another 4 majors. Why not if he stays healthy?

> >

> >

>

> I guess we will see but he seems really insecure about everything all the time.The clutch putts eventually stop going in for everyone unless youre generational or semi generational. I dont think its just mental toughness just law of averages. He'll be 30 in a few months and just had some more surgery. Anything can happen but ijust dont see it. I could be wrong and im not rooting against him but i have to see it to believe it.

To a lesser extent, I thought Jason Day was going to dominate the world rankings for a few years... and we all saw what happened to him!

BK has probably more game then JD but it's easy to slip down the rankings when the putts stop going in

I agree. Also not sure what Brooks gains strategically by doing this other than sticking with his current PR strategy of saying whatever he needs to say to stay in the weekly golf news

> @tbowles411 said:

> > @Swvehaun said:

> > Hard to know how to respond to Rory's answer to this - always easygoing laughs it off, seems like a great guy - but also do wish he would get mad and let it light some sort of fire. Portrush (along with the other majors) last year was discouraging to watch

>

> That's not Rory's style to be in your face about anything controversial. He let Brooks off the hook and took the high road to try and stop the story. I commend him for that. It's a much better look for Rory than Brooks.

You aren't wrong lol

> @Titleist99 said:

> > @Swvehaun said:

> > Hard to know how to respond to Rory's answer to this - always easygoing laughs it off, seems like a great guy - but also do wish he would get mad and let it light some sort of fire. Portrush (along with the other majors) last year was discouraging to watch

>

> Hard to get mad when you pocketed over $20M last year...…..right!?!