2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

DeChambeau Up 25 Lbs

Holy Moses

> @"Dr. Block" said:

> If Bryson wants to put on any meaningful muscle that will help his explosiveness and distance, he better skip the pull ups and bicep curls and get busy free squatting, dead lifting, hang cleans, and clean and jerks. The glamour muscles do nothing for the golfswing, and from my experience, can actually get in the way and cost you range of motion.

any bodyweight exercises that mimic those? Squats I get, but is there anything you can do to match the others?

Ping G430 LST 9° Diamana white 63x
Ping G410 LST 3 wood Diamana Thump x
Srixon ZX Utility 19 C-taper S+

Srixon ZX7 4-AW C-taper S+

Vokey SM9 54F and 58C

Odyssey Eleven Tour-Lined Slant

> @"Dr. Block" said:

> If Bryson wants to put on any meaningful muscle that will help his explosiveness and distance, he better skip the pull ups and bicep curls and get busy free squatting, dead lifting, hang cleans, and clean and jerks. The glamour muscles do nothing for the golfswing, and from my experience, can actually get in the way and cost you range of motion.

They're called "beach muscles".

> @"Dr. Block" said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @"DFS PFD" said:

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > @smashdn said:

> > > > > > @bladehunter said:ze

> > > > > > 230? That sounds like a bit much. He’s what 6ft1 ?

> > > > >

> > > > > I represent that remark.

> > > >

> > > > Hey. I’m 6-3 211 currently. I’m carrying a couple extra too. I’m trying to talk myself into giving up sugar and bread and get down to 195.

> > >

> > > Just needs some moderation blade!

> >

> > Yep. But when you’re OCD guy like me sometimes cold turkey is the way. At least to start. I want to quit sodas completely. ( all I drink how for past 5 years is sprite or ginger ale as I once was all Dr Pepper and mt dew ). And stop the bread. I simply love certain kinds too much. And they make me feel bloated and yuck. Otherwise I’m a veggie and fruit eater by nature who doesn’t like candy and cake etc. and you can count on one hands the fast food meals I’ll eat a year.

> >

> > Not to thread jack ( but I am I guess). But I list sugars and bread as the things I want to get rid of as they make me feel bad most often. I’ve been checked out twice for sugar issues and the doc claims I’m good , but yet if I don’t eat on time each meal I crash and go nuts. Worse if I’m not active tyat day. Meaning I can go longer if I am on course or working. If I’m sitting or just goofing off with the wife , I better be eating before or at noon. I tell her this and she says “ well eat regularly “. Thanks captain obvious. I explain that when I mean crash I mean can’t function crash. Can’t think , hard time focusing etc. Like my body will then crave things like meat and cheese. Crackers or bread. Something not sweet tasting.

> >

> > Sorry. As usual I ramble on.

>

> Do you lift weights and work out at a gym? I put in 4 days a week and have for years (almost entirely olympic and power lifting). I do this so I don't have to change my diet. I eat like a campground raccoon and have for years.

>

> Walking the golf course and regular doses of Apple Cider vinegar have kept me looking good. People talk about diet this and diet that, but I think you can create a balance and enjoy the foods you like if you put the work in at the gym. You may not be trim ripped, but you'll still look and feel good.

Flexible dieting ftw. Hit the macros and enjoy life

> @Ty_Webb said:

> > @"Dr. Block" said:

> > If Bryson wants to put on any meaningful muscle that will help his explosiveness and distance, he better skip the pull ups and bicep curls and get busy free squatting, dead lifting, hang cleans, and clean and jerks. The glamour muscles do nothing for the golfswing, and from my experience, can actually get in the way and cost you range of motion.

>

> any bodyweight exercises that mimic those? Squats I get, but is there anything you can do to match the others?

Nordic hamstring curls will help. Not much bodyweight wise than give the benefits and overload of the deadlifts and cleans. But some kettlebells will help add to the resistance. AthleanX has a complete bodyweight program

• Like 1

> @GoGoErky said:

> > @"Dr. Block" said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @"DFS PFD" said:

> > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > @smashdn said:

> > > > > > > @bladehunter said:ze

> > > > > > > 230? That sounds like a bit much. He’s what 6ft1 ?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I represent that remark.

> > > > >

> > > > > Hey. I’m 6-3 211 currently. I’m carrying a couple extra too. I’m trying to talk myself into giving up sugar and bread and get down to 195.

> > > >

> > > > Just needs some moderation blade!

> > >

> > > Yep. But when you’re OCD guy like me sometimes cold turkey is the way. At least to start. I want to quit sodas completely. ( all I drink how for past 5 years is sprite or ginger ale as I once was all Dr Pepper and mt dew ). And stop the bread. I simply love certain kinds too much. And they make me feel bloated and yuck. Otherwise I’m a veggie and fruit eater by nature who doesn’t like candy and cake etc. and you can count on one hands the fast food meals I’ll eat a year.

> > >

> > > Not to thread jack ( but I am I guess). But I list sugars and bread as the things I want to get rid of as they make me feel bad most often. I’ve been checked out twice for sugar issues and the doc claims I’m good , but yet if I don’t eat on time each meal I crash and go nuts. Worse if I’m not active tyat day. Meaning I can go longer if I am on course or working. If I’m sitting or just goofing off with the wife , I better be eating before or at noon. I tell her this and she says “ well eat regularly “. Thanks captain obvious. I explain that when I mean crash I mean can’t function crash. Can’t think , hard time focusing etc. Like my body will then crave things like meat and cheese. Crackers or bread. Something not sweet tasting.

> > >

> > > Sorry. As usual I ramble on.

> >

> > Do you lift weights and work out at a gym? I put in 4 days a week and have for years (almost entirely olympic and power lifting). I do this so I don't have to change my diet. I eat like a campground raccoon and have for years.

> >

> > Walking the golf course and regular doses of Apple Cider vinegar have kept me looking good. People talk about diet this and diet that, but I think you can create a balance and enjoy the foods you like if you put the work in at the gym. You may not be trim ripped, but you'll still look and feel good.

>

> Flexible dieting ftw. Hit the macros and enjoy life

> > @Ty_Webb said:

> > > @"Dr. Block" said:

> > > If Bryson wants to put on any meaningful muscle that will help his explosiveness and distance, he better skip the pull ups and bicep curls and get busy free squatting, dead lifting, hang cleans, and clean and jerks. The glamour muscles do nothing for the golfswing, and from my experience, can actually get in the way and cost you range of motion.

> >

> > any bodyweight exercises that mimic those? Squats I get, but is there anything you can do to match the others?

>

> Nordic hamstring curls will help. Not much bodyweight wise than give the benefits and overload of the deadlifts and cleans. But some kettlebells will help add to the resistance. AthleanX has a complete bodyweight program

Good call on the Nordic ham curls.

I think people see deadlifts as an only heavy move that is possibly going to cause injury.

But, as you said, even a kettle ball or a couple of dumbbells is good to start. I was shocked at how weak my hamstrings were and just did dumbbell Romanians for 2 months until I got my form down and moved to plates. But I still just do the Romanians. They hit everything hard but quads and I do squats anyway.

> @bscinstnct said:

>

>

>

>

> > @GoGoErky said:

> > > @"Dr. Block" said:

> > > > > @"DFS PFD" said:

> > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > @smashdn said:

> > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:ze

> > > > > > > > 230? That sounds like a bit much. He’s what 6ft1 ?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I represent that remark.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Hey. I’m 6-3 211 currently. I’m carrying a couple extra too. I’m trying to talk myself into giving up sugar and bread and get down to 195.

> > > > >

> > > > > Just needs some moderation blade!

> > > >

> > > > Yep. But when you’re OCD guy like me sometimes cold turkey is the way. At least to start. I want to quit sodas completely. ( all I drink how for past 5 years is sprite or ginger ale as I once was all Dr Pepper and mt dew ). And stop the bread. I simply love certain kinds too much. And they make me feel bloated and yuck. Otherwise I’m a veggie and fruit eater by nature who doesn’t like candy and cake etc. and you can count on one hands the fast food meals I’ll eat a year.

> > > >

> > > > Not to thread jack ( but I am I guess). But I list sugars and bread as the things I want to get rid of as they make me feel bad most often. I’ve been checked out twice for sugar issues and the doc claims I’m good , but yet if I don’t eat on time each meal I crash and go nuts. Worse if I’m not active tyat day. Meaning I can go longer if I am on course or working. If I’m sitting or just goofing off with the wife , I better be eating before or at noon. I tell her this and she says “ well eat regularly “. Thanks captain obvious. I explain that when I mean crash I mean can’t function crash. Can’t think , hard time focusing etc. Like my body will then crave things like meat and cheese. Crackers or bread. Something not sweet tasting.

> > > >

> > > > Sorry. As usual I ramble on.

> > >

> > > Do you lift weights and work out at a gym? I put in 4 days a week and have for years (almost entirely olympic and power lifting). I do this so I don't have to change my diet. I eat like a campground raccoon and have for years.

> > >

> > > Walking the golf course and regular doses of Apple Cider vinegar have kept me looking good. People talk about diet this and diet that, but I think you can create a balance and enjoy the foods you like if you put the work in at the gym. You may not be trim ripped, but you'll still look and feel good.

> >

> > Flexible dieting ftw. Hit the macros and enjoy life

> > > @Ty_Webb said:

> > > > @"Dr. Block" said:

> > > > If Bryson wants to put on any meaningful muscle that will help his explosiveness and distance, he better skip the pull ups and bicep curls and get busy free squatting, dead lifting, hang cleans, and clean and jerks. The glamour muscles do nothing for the golfswing, and from my experience, can actually get in the way and cost you range of motion.

> > >

> > > any bodyweight exercises that mimic those? Squats I get, but is there anything you can do to match the others?

> >

> > Nordic hamstring curls will help. Not much bodyweight wise than give the benefits and overload of the deadlifts and cleans. But some kettlebells will help add to the resistance. AthleanX has a complete bodyweight program

>

> Good call on the Nordic ham curls.

>

> I think people see deadlifts as an only heavy move that is possibly going to cause injury.

>

> But, as you said, even a kettle ball or a couple of dumbbells is good to start. I was shocked at how weak my hamstrings were and just did dumbbell Romanians for 2 months until I got my form down and moved to plates. But I still just do the Romanians. They hit everything hard but quads and I do squats anyway.

>

>

It's a shame a lot of people don't approach weight lifting with the intention of always working on and continuing the understanding and execution of proper form. Dead's, squats, and really most of the compound lifts are a lot like the golf swing, you have to continue to stretch, improve your range of motion and perfect your form. One should never stop trying to improve.

Most of the people I observe at the gym who are brave enough to do them seem to accept their bad form and do nothing to improve it. Then they slap on the training wheels with a lifting belt and do entirely too much weight. That's how you get hurt.

Dead's get a bad rap, but if you can learn the right form (personally I think that is sumo stance), they are incredibly beneficial. If I could give any advice (and I'm no expert by any means) it would be ditch the weight belt, get a trainer, and learn the right form.

To my lifting friends on here, if you really want a one stop exercise, try a Kolkav. Start with the long bar on the ground...Do a dead lift, then get the bar into hang clean position at your knees, then do a clean, once you have the bar racked on your chest, then do a front squat, then come back up, with the weight on your chest still, throw up a press, back down, then send the bar back up and end it with a jerk. lower bar back to hang clean position at knees, then back to the ground, then repeat process. If you can get to 5 reps of the entire process in one set at or above 135lbs (including the bar), you are on your way to being a golden god! I'm sure I'll die of a heart attack at some point in my life, and it will probably be while doing those SOB's

> @"Dr. Block" said:

> To my lifting friends on here, if you really want a one stop exercise, try a Kolkav. Start with the long bar on the ground...Do a dead lift, then drop the bar into hang clean position at your knees, then do a clean, once you have the bar racked on your chest, then do a front squat, then come back up, with the weight on your chest still throw up a press, back down, then send the bar back up and end it with a jerk. lower bar back to hang clean position at knees, then back to the ground, then repeat process. If you can get to 5 reps of the entire process in one set, you are on your way to being a golden god! I'm sure I'll die of a heart attack at some point in my life, and it will probably be while doing those SOB's

Sounds like what I used to do while training for boxing (minus the front squat). I'd usually get 95 pounds and do 3 or 4 sets of 12 (sometimes up to 16). I'd take a minute rest only between sets - because that's your rest in boxing. Insane. I'd also jump rope for 30 minutes and to 30 burpees just to get warmed up. I was doing that through my 40s, mind you. Funny to think about. I've focused a lot more on curling 16 ounces of very high-grade IPA the last 2 years and, frankly, I think that's pretty healthy too...

> @BeerPerHole said:

> > @"Dr. Block" said:

> > To my lifting friends on here, if you really want a one stop exercise, try a Kolkav. Start with the long bar on the ground...Do a dead lift, then drop the bar into hang clean position at your knees, then do a clean, once you have the bar racked on your chest, then do a front squat, then come back up, with the weight on your chest still throw up a press, back down, then send the bar back up and end it with a jerk. lower bar back to hang clean position at knees, then back to the ground, then repeat process. If you can get to 5 reps of the entire process in one set, you are on your way to being a golden god! I'm sure I'll die of a heart attack at some point in my life, and it will probably be while doing those SOB's

>

> Sounds like what I used to do while training for boxing (minus the front squat). I'd usually get 95 pounds and do 3 or 4 sets of 12 (sometimes up to 16). I'd take a minute rest only between sets - because that's your rest in boxing. Insane. I'd also jump rope for 30 minutes and to 30 burpees just to get warmed up. I was doing that through my 40s, mind you. Funny to think about. I've focused a lot more on curling 16 ounces of very high-grade IPA the last 2 years and, frankly, I think that's pretty healthy too...

I hear ya brother. I tried my hand at boxing for about 3 years. I have nothing but respect for anyone who trains or has trained to fight in any discipline... a fighter is probably the finest conditioned athlete you can find in any sport. If you could get to 16 reps in anything resembling that exercise, then its going to take a lot of beer to significantly change the body you've built for yourself.

> @bscinstnct said:

>

>

>

>

> > @GoGoErky said:

> > > @"Dr. Block" said:

> > > > > @"DFS PFD" said:

> > > > > > > @smashdn said:

> > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:ze

> > > > > > > > 230? That sounds like a bit much. He’s what 6ft1 ?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I represent that remark.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Hey. I’m 6-3 211 currently. I’m carrying a couple extra too. I’m trying to talk myself into giving up sugar and bread and get down to 195.

> > > > >

> > > > > Just needs some moderation blade!

> > > >

> > > > Yep. But when you’re OCD guy like me sometimes cold turkey is the way. At least to start. I want to quit sodas completely. ( all I drink how for past 5 years is sprite or ginger ale as I once was all Dr Pepper and mt dew ). And stop the bread. I simply love certain kinds too much. And they make me feel bloated and yuck. Otherwise I’m a veggie and fruit eater by nature who doesn’t like candy and cake etc. and you can count on one hands the fast food meals I’ll eat a year.

> > > >

> > > > Not to thread jack ( but I am I guess). But I list sugars and bread as the things I want to get rid of as they make me feel bad most often. I’ve been checked out twice for sugar issues and the doc claims I’m good , but yet if I don’t eat on time each meal I crash and go nuts. Worse if I’m not active tyat day. Meaning I can go longer if I am on course or working. If I’m sitting or just goofing off with the wife , I better be eating before or at noon. I tell her this and she says “ well eat regularly “. Thanks captain obvious. I explain that when I mean crash I mean can’t function crash. Can’t think , hard time focusing etc. Like my body will then crave things like meat and cheese. Crackers or bread. Something not sweet tasting.

> > > >

> > > > Sorry. As usual I ramble on.

> > >

> > > Do you lift weights and work out at a gym? I put in 4 days a week and have for years (almost entirely olympic and power lifting). I do this so I don't have to change my diet. I eat like a campground raccoon and have for years.

> > >

> > > Walking the golf course and regular doses of Apple Cider vinegar have kept me looking good. People talk about diet this and diet that, but I think you can create a balance and enjoy the foods you like if you put the work in at the gym. You may not be trim ripped, but you'll still look and feel good.

> >

> > Flexible dieting ftw. Hit the macros and enjoy life

> > > @Ty_Webb said:

> > > > If Bryson wants to put on any meaningful muscle that will help his explosiveness and distance, he better skip the pull ups and bicep curls and get busy free squatting, dead lifting, hang cleans, and clean and jerks. The glamour muscles do nothing for the golfswing, and from my experience, can actually get in the way and cost you range of motion.

> > >

> > > any bodyweight exercises that mimic those? Squats I get, but is there anything you can do to match the others?

> >

> > Nordic hamstring curls will help. Not much bodyweight wise than give the benefits and overload of the deadlifts and cleans. But some kettlebells will help add to the resistance. AthleanX has a complete bodyweight program

>

> Good call on the Nordic ham curls.

>

> I think people see deadlifts as an only heavy move that is possibly going to cause injury.

>

> But, as you said, even a kettle ball or a couple of dumbbells is good to start. I was shocked at how weak my hamstrings were and just did dumbbell Romanians for 2 months until I got my form down and moved to plates. But I still just do the Romanians. They hit everything hard but quads and I do squats anyway.

>

>

I’ve read some blogs and articles where lifters haven’t done a conventional deadlift in years. They use db or bb Romanian, straight leg or other forms of deads. The starting with Romanian before proceeding to a conventional to get form down is something I’ve seen Alan Thrall talk about for those looking to start deadlifting.

Yeah unfortunately like a lot of things deadlifts and strength training get bad reps and mis information spread that scare people away from doing them. Same with diets so much bad info out there about foods ant types of foods people are confused on how weight loss actually works.

• Like 1

> @smashdn said:

> Core and legs. Back and shoulders get overlooked. Make sure if you are working one muscle group you work its opposite muscle group equally, ie if you do hamstring curls do leg extensions too to work the quads equally with your hamstrings.

>

> Stretching!

Yes, all about total balance in the routine.

I got my workout down. Start on Wed with leg day. Because... you don’t skip leg day ; ) 6 sets squats(including warmup) and 4 sets of RDL. Tues, back day, 5 sets rows, 5 sets pull downs, Friday, 6 sets bench or incline bench, 4 sets side raises. Only takes about 30 minutes/day. Then, 1 to 1.5 hours cycling Sat, Sun, Tues.

I call it bulk and burn. Lift and eat big then, then cycling burns like 7/800 calories on those days.

The one thing I do need to do more is stretching for sure.

Cleans and snatches are great for lifters with the experience and wrist/shoulder mobility to perform then safely under load. It will take a beginner months(minimum) just to get proficient to perform the move safely. Deadlifts are literally the most basic dynamic motion that works the entire posterior chain with a natural movement. Literally bending down at the knee and hip to a stable position and then bracing the body and standing up.

A beginning lifters strength/power/speed(in all athletic movements, including golf) with increase substantially in the first few months simply from learning the movement under a moderate load from the increased neuromuscular efficiency. For example, someone starting off maybe can barely deadlift 135 the first time and it a matter of a few months can pull 200-250. They certainly didn’t gain it from increased muscle tissue.

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Miura CB 1008 4-P - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

> @bscinstnct said:

>

> > @mosesgolf said:

> > Gotta show us doing heavy squats, deads and other big compound lifts to put on that kind of poundage. Not to mention how much food you have to eat. Not getting big doing bicep curls. Oh my.

>

> Ya, if there is one exercise that would be essential to build mass and be the most functional to an athlete, it’s deadlifts. Heavy deadlifts wouldn’t be necessary for performance, he could go light, but if mass and strength are the goals, heavy deadlifts will not only focus on the hamstrings, glutes, lower back, but also the quads, upper back and forearms. They’re contribution transfers to Maximizing pretty much every other excercise.

>

> I didn’t understand til I did them. I was doing squats, thought they were hitting my legs, glutes, but just one day of deadlifts, I was like, whoa, my hamstrings were sore for days. And you just feel it in your balance and day to day power.

>

> If BD was serious, he’d be showing vids of the “big 3” movements. But the l-hold vid is hysterical. Great troll by bd.

>

>

Have you seen before and after pics of Gronk now that he's not in NFL shape? He's lost so much mass. Wanna lose weight fast? Stop lifting heavy weights. :)

• Like 1

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 7 wood Rogue 130MSI 80

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 4-PW KBS Tour

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

> @mosesgolf said:

> > @bscinstnct said:

> >

> > > @mosesgolf said:

> > > Gotta show us doing heavy squats, deads and other big compound lifts to put on that kind of poundage. Not to mention how much food you have to eat. Not getting big doing bicep curls. Oh my.

> >

> > Ya, if there is one exercise that would be essential to build mass and be the most functional to an athlete, it’s deadlifts. Heavy deadlifts wouldn’t be necessary for performance, he could go light, but if mass and strength are the goals, heavy deadlifts will not only focus on the hamstrings, glutes, lower back, but also the quads, upper back and forearms. They’re contribution transfers to Maximizing pretty much every other excercise.

> >

> > I didn’t understand til I did them. I was doing squats, thought they were hitting my legs, glutes, but just one day of deadlifts, I was like, whoa, my hamstrings were sore for days. And you just feel it in your balance and day to day power.

> >

> > If BD was serious, he’d be showing vids of the “big 3” movements. But the l-hold vid is hysterical. Great troll by bd.

> >

> >

>

> Have you seen before and after pics of Gronk now that he's not in NFL shape? He's lost so much mass. Wanna lose weight fast? Stop lifting heavy weights. :)

If you have a lot of muscle and want to lose most of it and your strength but lose lbs on the scale, stop lifting heavy weights.

Want you get a lot stronger and lose FAT? Lift heavy weights.

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Piretti Savona 

> @Rosco1216 said:

> > @mosesgolf said:

> > > @bscinstnct said:

> > >

> > > > @mosesgolf said:

> > > > Gotta show us doing heavy squats, deads and other big compound lifts to put on that kind of poundage. Not to mention how much food you have to eat. Not getting big doing bicep curls. Oh my.

> > >

> > > Ya, if there is one exercise that would be essential to build mass and be the most functional to an athlete, it’s deadlifts. Heavy deadlifts wouldn’t be necessary for performance, he could go light, but if mass and strength are the goals, heavy deadlifts will not only focus on the hamstrings, glutes, lower back, but also the quads, upper back and forearms. They’re contribution transfers to Maximizing pretty much every other excercise.

> > >

> > > I didn’t understand til I did them. I was doing squats, thought they were hitting my legs, glutes, but just one day of deadlifts, I was like, whoa, my hamstrings were sore for days. And you just feel it in your balance and day to day power.

> > >

> > > If BD was serious, he’d be showing vids of the “big 3” movements. But the l-hold vid is hysterical. Great troll by bd.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Have you seen before and after pics of Gronk now that he's not in NFL shape? He's lost so much mass. Wanna lose weight fast? Stop lifting heavy weights. :)

>

> If you have a lot of muscle and want to lose most of it and your strength but lose lbs on the scale, stop lifting heavy weights.

>

> Want you get a lot stronger and lose FAT? Lift heavy weights.

But as you know....You can lift a lot of weight and still carry a lot of fat. You see guys like that, they are big and sometimes strong but high body fat. They eat too much for what they lift and just think it’s good to look big even with a gut.

I spent almost 2 years lifting but in a slight calorie deficit. Lost about 1 pound a month but gained very significant strength and some muscle. Then, I went to a slight calorie surplus (yes!) and slowly gained back about 10-15 pounds of muscle over 2 years. The cycling has made it tough to gain but that’s fine, I’m not looking to get a bouncer job ; ) and I feel good where I’m at.

> @bscinstnct said:

> > @Rosco1216 said:

> > > @mosesgolf said:

> > > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > >

> > > > > @mosesgolf said:

> > > > > Gotta show us doing heavy squats, deads and other big compound lifts to put on that kind of poundage. Not to mention how much food you have to eat. Not getting big doing bicep curls. Oh my.

> > > >

> > > > Ya, if there is one exercise that would be essential to build mass and be the most functional to an athlete, it’s deadlifts. Heavy deadlifts wouldn’t be necessary for performance, he could go light, but if mass and strength are the goals, heavy deadlifts will not only focus on the hamstrings, glutes, lower back, but also the quads, upper back and forearms. They’re contribution transfers to Maximizing pretty much every other excercise.

> > > >

> > > > I didn’t understand til I did them. I was doing squats, thought they were hitting my legs, glutes, but just one day of deadlifts, I was like, whoa, my hamstrings were sore for days. And you just feel it in your balance and day to day power.

> > > >

> > > > If BD was serious, he’d be showing vids of the “big 3” movements. But the l-hold vid is hysterical. Great troll by bd.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Have you seen before and after pics of Gronk now that he's not in NFL shape? He's lost so much mass. Wanna lose weight fast? Stop lifting heavy weights. :)

> >

> > If you have a lot of muscle and want to lose most of it and your strength but lose lbs on the scale, stop lifting heavy weights.

> >

> > Want you get a lot stronger and lose FAT? Lift heavy weights.

>

> But as you know....You can lift a lot of weight and still carry a lot of fat. You see guys like that, they are big and sometimes strong but high body fat. They eat too much for what they lift and just think it’s good to look big even with a gut.

>

> I spent almost 2 years lifting but in a slight calorie deficit. Lost about 1 pound a month but gained very significant strength and some muscle. Then, I went to a slight calorie surplus (yes!) and slowly gained back about 10-15 pounds of muscle over 2 years. The cycling has made it tough to gain but that’s fine, I’m not looking to get a bouncer job ; ) and I feel good where I’m at.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

No doubt. Just wanted to respond with generalization without changing other variables like getting into caloric surplus and deficits and what not. Directly in response to Moses’ statement.

If you have a lot of muscle and stop lifting weights you’re going to lose weight, muscle. (i.e. Gronk)

The vast majority of golfers and guys here don’t have that body composition. If they don’t lift weights their body weight will stay the same but will over time will start accumulating more and more body fat and gain weight as they get older(if they keep at the same caloric intake). However if they keep that intake the same and start lifting “heavy weight” consistently they will, over time, change their body composition. They may stay around the same total body weight but, for example, instead of being 200lbs and 25% body fat when they started, they may be 200lbs and 15% body fat by this time next year.

Piretti Savona 

You guys are weird. It’s called biceps curls in the squat rack. That’s where gains are found.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

> @Krt22 said:

> > @ebrasmus21 said:

> > You guys are weird. It’s called biceps curls in the squat rack. That’s where gains are found.

>

> I much prefer those, the bench press bars are usually too far from the mirrors.

Plus it’s a total babe-magnet

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

> @bladehunter said:

> > @"DFS PFD" said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @smashdn said:

> > > > > @bladehunter said:ze

> > > > > 230? That sounds like a bit much. He’s what 6ft1 ?

> > > >

> > > > I represent that remark.

> > >

> > > Hey. I’m 6-3 211 currently. I’m carrying a couple extra too. I’m trying to talk myself into giving up sugar and bread and get down to 195.

> >

> > Just needs some moderation blade!

>

> Yep. But when you’re OCD guy like me sometimes cold turkey is the way. At least to start. I want to quit sodas completely. ( all I drink how for past 5 years is sprite or ginger ale as I once was all Dr Pepper and mt dew ). And stop the bread. I simply love certain kinds too much. And they make me feel bloated and yuck. Otherwise I’m a veggie and fruit eater by nature who doesn’t like candy and cake etc. and you can count on one hands the fast food meals I’ll eat a year.

>

> Not to thread jack ( but I am I guess). But I list sugars and bread as the things I want to get rid of as they make me feel bad most often. I’ve been checked out twice for sugar issues and the doc claims I’m good , but yet if I don’t eat on time each meal I crash and go nuts. Worse if I’m not active tyat day. Meaning I can go longer if I am on course or working. If I’m sitting or just goofing off with the wife , I better be eating before or at noon. I tell her this and she says “ well eat regularly “. Thanks captain obvious. I explain that when I mean crash I mean can’t function crash. Can’t think , hard time focusing etc. Like my body will then crave things like meat and cheese. Crackers or bread. Something not sweet tasting.

>

> Sorry. As usual I ramble on.

Maybe try low dose naltrexone if you haven't already. Inexpensive, safe and generally effective at cutting cravings for carbs, etc.

Requires prescription.

> @"Dr. Block" said:

> > @bscinstnct said:

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > @"DFS PFD" said:

> > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > @smashdn said:

> > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:ze

> > > > > > > > > 230? That sounds like a bit much. He’s what 6ft1 ?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I represent that remark.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Hey. I’m 6-3 211 currently. I’m carrying a couple extra too. I’m trying to talk myself into giving up sugar and bread and get down to 195.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Just needs some moderation blade!

> > > > >

> > > > > Yep. But when you’re OCD guy like me sometimes cold turkey is the way. At least to start. I want to quit sodas completely. ( all I drink how for past 5 years is sprite or ginger ale as I once was all Dr Pepper and mt dew ). And stop the bread. I simply love certain kinds too much. And they make me feel bloated and yuck. Otherwise I’m a veggie and fruit eater by nature who doesn’t like candy and cake etc. and you can count on one hands the fast food meals I’ll eat a year.

> > > > >

> > > > > Not to thread jack ( but I am I guess). But I list sugars and bread as the things I want to get rid of as they make me feel bad most often. I’ve been checked out twice for sugar issues and the doc claims I’m good , but yet if I don’t eat on time each meal I crash and go nuts. Worse if I’m not active tyat day. Meaning I can go longer if I am on course or working. If I’m sitting or just goofing off with the wife , I better be eating before or at noon. I tell her this and she says “ well eat regularly “. Thanks captain obvious. I explain that when I mean crash I mean can’t function crash. Can’t think , hard time focusing etc. Like my body will then crave things like meat and cheese. Crackers or bread. Something not sweet tasting.

> > > > >

> > > > > Sorry. As usual I ramble on.

> > > >

> > > > Do you lift weights and work out at a gym? I put in 4 days a week and have for years (almost entirely olympic and power lifting). I do this so I don't have to change my diet. I eat like a campground raccoon and have for years.

> > > >

> > > > Walking the golf course and regular doses of Apple Cider vinegar have kept me looking good. People talk about diet this and diet that, but I think you can create a balance and enjoy the foods you like if you put the work in at the gym. You may not be trim ripped, but you'll still look and feel good.

> > >

> > > Flexible dieting ftw. Hit the macros and enjoy life

> > > > @Ty_Webb said:

> > > > > @"Dr. Block" said:

> > > > > If Bryson wants to put on any meaningful muscle that will help his explosiveness and distance, he better skip the pull ups and bicep curls and get busy free squatting, dead lifting, hang cleans, and clean and jerks. The glamour muscles do nothing for the golfswing, and from my experience, can actually get in the way and cost you range of motion.

> > > >

> > > > any bodyweight exercises that mimic those? Squats I get, but is there anything you can do to match the others?

> > >

> > > Nordic hamstring curls will help. Not much bodyweight wise than give the benefits and overload of the deadlifts and cleans. But some kettlebells will help add to the resistance. AthleanX has a complete bodyweight program

> >

> > Good call on the Nordic ham curls.

> >

> > I think people see deadlifts as an only heavy move that is possibly going to cause injury.

> >

> > But, as you said, even a kettle ball or a couple of dumbbells is good to start. I was shocked at how weak my hamstrings were and just did dumbbell Romanians for 2 months until I got my form down and moved to plates. But I still just do the Romanians. They hit everything hard but quads and I do squats anyway.

> >

> >

>

> It's a shame a lot of people don't approach weight lifting with the intention of always working on and continuing the understanding and execution of proper form. Dead's, squats, and really most of the compound lifts are a lot like the golf swing, you have to continue to stretch, improve your range of motion and perfect your form. One should never stop trying to improve.

>

> Most of the people I observe at the gym who are brave enough to do them seem to accept their bad form and do nothing to improve it. Then they slap on the training wheels with a lifting belt and do entirely too much weight. That's how you get hurt.

>

> Dead's get a bad rap, but if you can learn the right form (personally I think that is sumo stance), they are incredibly beneficial. If I could give any advice (and I'm no expert by any means) it would be ditch the weight belt, get a trainer, and learn the right form.

Deadlifts are incredible for all over strength and get a bad rap. Exactly right learn proper form and see the results. Squats as well. Do them both right and you’re back gets super strong

> @musclefront said:

> > @"Dr. Block" said:

> > > @bscinstnct said:

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > @"DFS PFD" said:

> > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > > @smashdn said:

> > > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:ze

> > > > > > > > > > 230? That sounds like a bit much. He’s what 6ft1 ?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I represent that remark.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Hey. I’m 6-3 211 currently. I’m carrying a couple extra too. I’m trying to talk myself into giving up sugar and bread and get down to 195.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Just needs some moderation blade!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yep. But when you’re OCD guy like me sometimes cold turkey is the way. At least to start. I want to quit sodas completely. ( all I drink how for past 5 years is sprite or ginger ale as I once was all Dr Pepper and mt dew ). And stop the bread. I simply love certain kinds too much. And they make me feel bloated and yuck. Otherwise I’m a veggie and fruit eater by nature who doesn’t like candy and cake etc. and you can count on one hands the fast food meals I’ll eat a year.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Not to thread jack ( but I am I guess). But I list sugars and bread as the things I want to get rid of as they make me feel bad most often. I’ve been checked out twice for sugar issues and the doc claims I’m good , but yet if I don’t eat on time each meal I crash and go nuts. Worse if I’m not active tyat day. Meaning I can go longer if I am on course or working. If I’m sitting or just goofing off with the wife , I better be eating before or at noon. I tell her this and she says “ well eat regularly “. Thanks captain obvious. I explain that when I mean crash I mean can’t function crash. Can’t think , hard time focusing etc. Like my body will then crave things like meat and cheese. Crackers or bread. Something not sweet tasting.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sorry. As usual I ramble on.

> > > > >

> > > > > Do you lift weights and work out at a gym? I put in 4 days a week and have for years (almost entirely olympic and power lifting). I do this so I don't have to change my diet. I eat like a campground raccoon and have for years.

> > > > >

> > > > > Walking the golf course and regular doses of Apple Cider vinegar have kept me looking good. People talk about diet this and diet that, but I think you can create a balance and enjoy the foods you like if you put the work in at the gym. You may not be trim ripped, but you'll still look and feel good.

> > > >

> > > > Flexible dieting ftw. Hit the macros and enjoy life

> > > > > @Ty_Webb said:

> > > > > > @"Dr. Block" said:

> > > > > > If Bryson wants to put on any meaningful muscle that will help his explosiveness and distance, he better skip the pull ups and bicep curls and get busy free squatting, dead lifting, hang cleans, and clean and jerks. The glamour muscles do nothing for the golfswing, and from my experience, can actually get in the way and cost you range of motion.

> > > > >

> > > > > any bodyweight exercises that mimic those? Squats I get, but is there anything you can do to match the others?

> > > >

> > > > Nordic hamstring curls will help. Not much bodyweight wise than give the benefits and overload of the deadlifts and cleans. But some kettlebells will help add to the resistance. AthleanX has a complete bodyweight program

> > >

> > > Good call on the Nordic ham curls.

> > >

> > > I think people see deadlifts as an only heavy move that is possibly going to cause injury.

> > >

> > > But, as you said, even a kettle ball or a couple of dumbbells is good to start. I was shocked at how weak my hamstrings were and just did dumbbell Romanians for 2 months until I got my form down and moved to plates. But I still just do the Romanians. They hit everything hard but quads and I do squats anyway.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > It's a shame a lot of people don't approach weight lifting with the intention of always working on and continuing the understanding and execution of proper form. Dead's, squats, and really most of the compound lifts are a lot like the golf swing, you have to continue to stretch, improve your range of motion and perfect your form. One should never stop trying to improve.

> >

> > Most of the people I observe at the gym who are brave enough to do them seem to accept their bad form and do nothing to improve it. Then they slap on the training wheels with a lifting belt and do entirely too much weight. That's how you get hurt.

> >

> > Dead's get a bad rap, but if you can learn the right form (personally I think that is sumo stance), they are incredibly beneficial. If I could give any advice (and I'm no expert by any means) it would be ditch the weight belt, get a trainer, and learn the right form.

>

> Deadlifts are incredible for all over strength and get a bad rap. Exactly right learn proper form and see the results. Squats as well. Do them both right and you’re back gets super strong

I agree with learning right form and continually getting better but to say there is no risk with proper form just isn’t true. Obviously, the more weight the higher the risk as well but the benefits can outweigh the risk for most people. I’ll also say this, dead’s and squats aren’t mandatory by any means, in fact I’ve seen more impressive physiques of guys who don’t do either than the guys busting their balls doing deadlifts.

> @Redjeep83 said:

> > @musclefront said:

> > > @"Dr. Block" said:

> > > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > @"DFS PFD" said:

> > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > > > @smashdn said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:ze

> > > > > > > > > > > 230? That sounds like a bit much. He’s what 6ft1 ?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I represent that remark.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Hey. I’m 6-3 211 currently. I’m carrying a couple extra too. I’m trying to talk myself into giving up sugar and bread and get down to 195.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Just needs some moderation blade!

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Yep. But when you’re OCD guy like me sometimes cold turkey is the way. At least to start. I want to quit sodas completely. ( all I drink how for past 5 years is sprite or ginger ale as I once was all Dr Pepper and mt dew ). And stop the bread. I simply love certain kinds too much. And they make me feel bloated and yuck. Otherwise I’m a veggie and fruit eater by nature who doesn’t like candy and cake etc. and you can count on one hands the fast food meals I’ll eat a year.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Not to thread jack ( but I am I guess). But I list sugars and bread as the things I want to get rid of as they make me feel bad most often. I’ve been checked out twice for sugar issues and the doc claims I’m good , but yet if I don’t eat on time each meal I crash and go nuts. Worse if I’m not active tyat day. Meaning I can go longer if I am on course or working. If I’m sitting or just goofing off with the wife , I better be eating before or at noon. I tell her this and she says “ well eat regularly “. Thanks captain obvious. I explain that when I mean crash I mean can’t function crash. Can’t think , hard time focusing etc. Like my body will then crave things like meat and cheese. Crackers or bread. Something not sweet tasting.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Sorry. As usual I ramble on.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Do you lift weights and work out at a gym? I put in 4 days a week and have for years (almost entirely olympic and power lifting). I do this so I don't have to change my diet. I eat like a campground raccoon and have for years.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Walking the golf course and regular doses of Apple Cider vinegar have kept me looking good. People talk about diet this and diet that, but I think you can create a balance and enjoy the foods you like if you put the work in at the gym. You may not be trim ripped, but you'll still look and feel good.

> > > > >

> > > > > Flexible dieting ftw. Hit the macros and enjoy life

> > > > > > @Ty_Webb said:

> > > > > > > @"Dr. Block" said:

> > > > > > > If Bryson wants to put on any meaningful muscle that will help his explosiveness and distance, he better skip the pull ups and bicep curls and get busy free squatting, dead lifting, hang cleans, and clean and jerks. The glamour muscles do nothing for the golfswing, and from my experience, can actually get in the way and cost you range of motion.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > any bodyweight exercises that mimic those? Squats I get, but is there anything you can do to match the others?

> > > > >

> > > > > Nordic hamstring curls will help. Not much bodyweight wise than give the benefits and overload of the deadlifts and cleans. But some kettlebells will help add to the resistance. AthleanX has a complete bodyweight program

> > > >

> > > > Good call on the Nordic ham curls.

> > > >

> > > > I think people see deadlifts as an only heavy move that is possibly going to cause injury.

> > > >

> > > > But, as you said, even a kettle ball or a couple of dumbbells is good to start. I was shocked at how weak my hamstrings were and just did dumbbell Romanians for 2 months until I got my form down and moved to plates. But I still just do the Romanians. They hit everything hard but quads and I do squats anyway.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > It's a shame a lot of people don't approach weight lifting with the intention of always working on and continuing the understanding and execution of proper form. Dead's, squats, and really most of the compound lifts are a lot like the golf swing, you have to continue to stretch, improve your range of motion and perfect your form. One should never stop trying to improve.

> > >

> > > Most of the people I observe at the gym who are brave enough to do them seem to accept their bad form and do nothing to improve it. Then they slap on the training wheels with a lifting belt and do entirely too much weight. That's how you get hurt.

> > >

> > > Dead's get a bad rap, but if you can learn the right form (personally I think that is sumo stance), they are incredibly beneficial. If I could give any advice (and I'm no expert by any means) it would be ditch the weight belt, get a trainer, and learn the right form.

> >

> > Deadlifts are incredible for all over strength and get a bad rap. Exactly right learn proper form and see the results. Squats as well. Do them both right and you’re back gets super strong

>

> I agree with learning right form and continually getting better but to say there is no risk with proper form just isn’t true. Obviously, the more weight the higher the risk as well but the benefits can outweigh the risk for most people. I’ll also say this, dead’s and squats aren’t mandatory by any means, in fact I’ve seen more impressive physiques of guys who don’t do either than the guys busting their balls doing deadlifts.

>

Some guys look strong but aren’t and others are strong.

> @GoGoErky said:

> > @Redjeep83 said:

> > > @musclefront said:

> > > > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > > > @"DFS PFD" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @smashdn said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:ze

> > > > > > > > > > > > 230? That sounds like a bit much. He’s what 6ft1 ?

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I represent that remark.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Hey. I’m 6-3 211 currently. I’m carrying a couple extra too. I’m trying to talk myself into giving up sugar and bread and get down to 195.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Just needs some moderation blade!

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Yep. But when you’re OCD guy like me sometimes cold turkey is the way. At least to start. I want to quit sodas completely. ( all I drink how for past 5 years is sprite or ginger ale as I once was all Dr Pepper and mt dew ). And stop the bread. I simply love certain kinds too much. And they make me feel bloated and yuck. Otherwise I’m a veggie and fruit eater by nature who doesn’t like candy and cake etc. and you can count on one hands the fast food meals I’ll eat a year.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Not to thread jack ( but I am I guess). But I list sugars and bread as the things I want to get rid of as they make me feel bad most often. I’ve been checked out twice for sugar issues and the doc claims I’m good , but yet if I don’t eat on time each meal I crash and go nuts. Worse if I’m not active tyat day. Meaning I can go longer if I am on course or working. If I’m sitting or just goofing off with the wife , I better be eating before or at noon. I tell her this and she says “ well eat regularly “. Thanks captain obvious. I explain that when I mean crash I mean can’t function crash. Can’t think , hard time focusing etc. Like my body will then crave things like meat and cheese. Crackers or bread. Something not sweet tasting.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Sorry. As usual I ramble on.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Do you lift weights and work out at a gym? I put in 4 days a week and have for years (almost entirely olympic and power lifting). I do this so I don't have to change my diet. I eat like a campground raccoon and have for years.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Walking the golf course and regular doses of Apple Cider vinegar have kept me looking good. People talk about diet this and diet that, but I think you can create a balance and enjoy the foods you like if you put the work in at the gym. You may not be trim ripped, but you'll still look and feel good.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Flexible dieting ftw. Hit the macros and enjoy life

> > > > > > > @Ty_Webb said:

> > > > > > > > @"Dr. Block" said:

> > > > > > > > If Bryson wants to put on any meaningful muscle that will help his explosiveness and distance, he better skip the pull ups and bicep curls and get busy free squatting, dead lifting, hang cleans, and clean and jerks. The glamour muscles do nothing for the golfswing, and from my experience, can actually get in the way and cost you range of motion.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > any bodyweight exercises that mimic those? Squats I get, but is there anything you can do to match the others?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Nordic hamstring curls will help. Not much bodyweight wise than give the benefits and overload of the deadlifts and cleans. But some kettlebells will help add to the resistance. AthleanX has a complete bodyweight program

> > > > >

> > > > > Good call on the Nordic ham curls.

> > > > >

> > > > > I think people see deadlifts as an only heavy move that is possibly going to cause injury.

> > > > >

> > > > > But, as you said, even a kettle ball or a couple of dumbbells is good to start. I was shocked at how weak my hamstrings were and just did dumbbell Romanians for 2 months until I got my form down and moved to plates. But I still just do the Romanians. They hit everything hard but quads and I do squats anyway.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > It's a shame a lot of people don't approach weight lifting with the intention of always working on and continuing the understanding and execution of proper form. Dead's, squats, and really most of the compound lifts are a lot like the golf swing, you have to continue to stretch, improve your range of motion and perfect your form. One should never stop trying to improve.

> > > >

> > > > Most of the people I observe at the gym who are brave enough to do them seem to accept their bad form and do nothing to improve it. Then they slap on the training wheels with a lifting belt and do entirely too much weight. That's how you get hurt.

> > > >

> > > > Dead's get a bad rap, but if you can learn the right form (personally I think that is sumo stance), they are incredibly beneficial. If I could give any advice (and I'm no expert by any means) it would be ditch the weight belt, get a trainer, and learn the right form.

> > >

> > > Deadlifts are incredible for all over strength and get a bad rap. Exactly right learn proper form and see the results. Squats as well. Do them both right and you’re back gets super strong

> >

> > I agree with learning right form and continually getting better but to say there is no risk with proper form just isn’t true. Obviously, the more weight the higher the risk as well but the benefits can outweigh the risk for most people. I’ll also say this, dead’s and squats aren’t mandatory by any means, in fact I’ve seen more impressive physiques of guys who don’t do either than the guys busting their balls doing deadlifts.

> >

>

> Some guys look strong but aren’t and others are strong.

Exactly the point. Those bicep curls make muscles look strong but the Real strath is in those compound lifts. And of course if you try and lift too much too soon your form suffers and injury can occur. basically what I found is do has heave as you can do 6 reps correctly for 3 sets then go up in weight 10 lbs. until you can do that 6 reps 3 sets. You get strong pretty fast

> @GoGoErky said:

> > @Redjeep83 said:

> > > @musclefront said:

> > > > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > > > @"DFS PFD" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @smashdn said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:ze

> > > > > > > > > > > > 230? That sounds like a bit much. He’s what 6ft1 ?

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I represent that remark.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Hey. I’m 6-3 211 currently. I’m carrying a couple extra too. I’m trying to talk myself into giving up sugar and bread and get down to 195.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Just needs some moderation blade!

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Yep. But when you’re OCD guy like me sometimes cold turkey is the way. At least to start. I want to quit sodas completely. ( all I drink how for past 5 years is sprite or ginger ale as I once was all Dr Pepper and mt dew ). And stop the bread. I simply love certain kinds too much. And they make me feel bloated and yuck. Otherwise I’m a veggie and fruit eater by nature who doesn’t like candy and cake etc. and you can count on one hands the fast food meals I’ll eat a year.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Not to thread jack ( but I am I guess). But I list sugars and bread as the things I want to get rid of as they make me feel bad most often. I’ve been checked out twice for sugar issues and the doc claims I’m good , but yet if I don’t eat on time each meal I crash and go nuts. Worse if I’m not active tyat day. Meaning I can go longer if I am on course or working. If I’m sitting or just goofing off with the wife , I better be eating before or at noon. I tell her this and she says “ well eat regularly “. Thanks captain obvious. I explain that when I mean crash I mean can’t function crash. Can’t think , hard time focusing etc. Like my body will then crave things like meat and cheese. Crackers or bread. Something not sweet tasting.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Sorry. As usual I ramble on.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Do you lift weights and work out at a gym? I put in 4 days a week and have for years (almost entirely olympic and power lifting). I do this so I don't have to change my diet. I eat like a campground raccoon and have for years.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Walking the golf course and regular doses of Apple Cider vinegar have kept me looking good. People talk about diet this and diet that, but I think you can create a balance and enjoy the foods you like if you put the work in at the gym. You may not be trim ripped, but you'll still look and feel good.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Flexible dieting ftw. Hit the macros and enjoy life

> > > > > > > @Ty_Webb said:

> > > > > > > > If Bryson wants to put on any meaningful muscle that will help his explosiveness and distance, he better skip the pull ups and bicep curls and get busy free squatting, dead lifting, hang cleans, and clean and jerks. The glamour muscles do nothing for the golfswing, and from my experience, can actually get in the way and cost you range of motion.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > any bodyweight exercises that mimic those? Squats I get, but is there anything you can do to match the others?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Nordic hamstring curls will help. Not much bodyweight wise than give the benefits and overload of the deadlifts and cleans. But some kettlebells will help add to the resistance. AthleanX has a complete bodyweight program

> > > > >

> > > > > Good call on the Nordic ham curls.

> > > > >

> > > > > I think people see deadlifts as an only heavy move that is possibly going to cause injury.

> > > > >

> > > > > But, as you said, even a kettle ball or a couple of dumbbells is good to start. I was shocked at how weak my hamstrings were and just did dumbbell Romanians for 2 months until I got my form down and moved to plates. But I still just do the Romanians. They hit everything hard but quads and I do squats anyway.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > It's a shame a lot of people don't approach weight lifting with the intention of always working on and continuing the understanding and execution of proper form. Dead's, squats, and really most of the compound lifts are a lot like the golf swing, you have to continue to stretch, improve your range of motion and perfect your form. One should never stop trying to improve.

> > > >

> > > > Most of the people I observe at the gym who are brave enough to do them seem to accept their bad form and do nothing to improve it. Then they slap on the training wheels with a lifting belt and do entirely too much weight. That's how you get hurt.

> > > >

> > > > Dead's get a bad rap, but if you can learn the right form (personally I think that is sumo stance), they are incredibly beneficial. If I could give any advice (and I'm no expert by any means) it would be ditch the weight belt, get a trainer, and learn the right form.

> > >

> > > Deadlifts are incredible for all over strength and get a bad rap. Exactly right learn proper form and see the results. Squats as well. Do them both right and you’re back gets super strong

> >

> > I agree with learning right form and continually getting better but to say there is no risk with proper form just isn’t true. Obviously, the more weight the higher the risk as well but the benefits can outweigh the risk for most people. I’ll also say this, dead’s and squats aren’t mandatory by any means, in fact I’ve seen more impressive physiques of guys who don’t do either than the guys busting their balls doing deadlifts.

> >

>

> Some guys look strong but aren’t and others are strong.

Exactly. Squats and deadlifts are as mandatory of lifts there are for building functional strength and power of the entire posterior chain that translates across a broad athletic spectrum. Golf, long drive, football, basketball, baseball etc. There is a reason you see all athletes performing deadlifts, usually trap bar, less form restrictions.

Piretti Savona 

> @Rosco1216 said:

> > @GoGoErky said:

> > > @Redjeep83 said:

> > > > @musclefront said:

> > > > > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"DFS PFD" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @smashdn said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:ze

> > > > > > > > > > > > > 230? That sounds like a bit much. He’s what 6ft1 ?

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > I represent that remark.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Hey. I’m 6-3 211 currently. I’m carrying a couple extra too. I’m trying to talk myself into giving up sugar and bread and get down to 195.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Just needs some moderation blade!

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Yep. But when you’re OCD guy like me sometimes cold turkey is the way. At least to start. I want to quit sodas completely. ( all I drink how for past 5 years is sprite or ginger ale as I once was all Dr Pepper and mt dew ). And stop the bread. I simply love certain kinds too much. And they make me feel bloated and yuck. Otherwise I’m a veggie and fruit eater by nature who doesn’t like candy and cake etc. and you can count on one hands the fast food meals I’ll eat a year.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Not to thread jack ( but I am I guess). But I list sugars and bread as the things I want to get rid of as they make me feel bad most often. I’ve been checked out twice for sugar issues and the doc claims I’m good , but yet if I don’t eat on time each meal I crash and go nuts. Worse if I’m not active tyat day. Meaning I can go longer if I am on course or working. If I’m sitting or just goofing off with the wife , I better be eating before or at noon. I tell her this and she says “ well eat regularly “. Thanks captain obvious. I explain that when I mean crash I mean can’t function crash. Can’t think , hard time focusing etc. Like my body will then crave things like meat and cheese. Crackers or bread. Something not sweet tasting.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Sorry. As usual I ramble on.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Do you lift weights and work out at a gym? I put in 4 days a week and have for years (almost entirely olympic and power lifting). I do this so I don't have to change my diet. I eat like a campground raccoon and have for years.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Walking the golf course and regular doses of Apple Cider vinegar have kept me looking good. People talk about diet this and diet that, but I think you can create a balance and enjoy the foods you like if you put the work in at the gym. You may not be trim ripped, but you'll still look and feel good.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Flexible dieting ftw. Hit the macros and enjoy life

> > > > > > > > @Ty_Webb said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Dr. Block" said:

> > > > > > > > > If Bryson wants to put on any meaningful muscle that will help his explosiveness and distance, he better skip the pull ups and bicep curls and get busy free squatting, dead lifting, hang cleans, and clean and jerks. The glamour muscles do nothing for the golfswing, and from my experience, can actually get in the way and cost you range of motion.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > any bodyweight exercises that mimic those? Squats I get, but is there anything you can do to match the others?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Nordic hamstring curls will help. Not much bodyweight wise than give the benefits and overload of the deadlifts and cleans. But some kettlebells will help add to the resistance. AthleanX has a complete bodyweight program

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Good call on the Nordic ham curls.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I think people see deadlifts as an only heavy move that is possibly going to cause injury.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But, as you said, even a kettle ball or a couple of dumbbells is good to start. I was shocked at how weak my hamstrings were and just did dumbbell Romanians for 2 months until I got my form down and moved to plates. But I still just do the Romanians. They hit everything hard but quads and I do squats anyway.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > It's a shame a lot of people don't approach weight lifting with the intention of always working on and continuing the understanding and execution of proper form. Dead's, squats, and really most of the compound lifts are a lot like the golf swing, you have to continue to stretch, improve your range of motion and perfect your form. One should never stop trying to improve.

> > > > >

> > > > > Most of the people I observe at the gym who are brave enough to do them seem to accept their bad form and do nothing to improve it. Then they slap on the training wheels with a lifting belt and do entirely too much weight. That's how you get hurt.

> > > > >

> > > > > Dead's get a bad rap, but if you can learn the right form (personally I think that is sumo stance), they are incredibly beneficial. If I could give any advice (and I'm no expert by any means) it would be ditch the weight belt, get a trainer, and learn the right form.

> > > >

> > > > Deadlifts are incredible for all over strength and get a bad rap. Exactly right learn proper form and see the results. Squats as well. Do them both right and you’re back gets super strong

> > >

> > > I agree with learning right form and continually getting better but to say there is no risk with proper form just isn’t true. Obviously, the more weight the higher the risk as well but the benefits can outweigh the risk for most people. I’ll also say this, dead’s and squats aren’t mandatory by any means, in fact I’ve seen more impressive physiques of guys who don’t do either than the guys busting their balls doing deadlifts.

> > >

> >

> > Some guys look strong but aren’t and others are strong.

>

> Exactly. Squats and deadlifts are as mandatory of lifts there are for building functional strength and power of the entire posterior chain that translates across a broad athletic spectrum. Golf, long drive, football, basketball, baseball etc. There is a reason you see all athletes performing deadlifts, usually trap bar, less form restrictions.

Is this how you got your drives to go so far??? ?

> @musclefront said:

> > @Rosco1216 said:

> > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > @Redjeep83 said:

> > > > > @musclefront said:

> > > > > > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Dr. Block" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"DFS PFD" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @smashdn said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:ze

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > 230? That sounds like a bit much. He’s what 6ft1 ?

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > I represent that remark.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Hey. I’m 6-3 211 currently. I’m carrying a couple extra too. I’m trying to talk myself into giving up sugar and bread and get down to 195.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Just needs some moderation blade!

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Yep. But when you’re OCD guy like me sometimes cold turkey is the way. At least to start. I want to quit sodas completely. ( all I drink how for past 5 years is sprite or ginger ale as I once was all Dr Pepper and mt dew ). And stop the bread. I simply love certain kinds too much. And they make me feel bloated and yuck. Otherwise I’m a veggie and fruit eater by nature who doesn’t like candy and cake etc. and you can count on one hands the fast food meals I’ll eat a year.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Not to thread jack ( but I am I guess). But I list sugars and bread as the things I want to get rid of as they make me feel bad most often. I’ve been checked out twice for sugar issues and the doc claims I’m good , but yet if I don’t eat on time each meal I crash and go nuts. Worse if I’m not active tyat day. Meaning I can go longer if I am on course or working. If I’m sitting or just goofing off with the wife , I better be eating before or at noon. I tell her this and she says “ well eat regularly “. Thanks captain obvious. I explain that when I mean crash I mean can’t function crash. Can’t think , hard time focusing etc. Like my body will then crave things like meat and cheese. Crackers or bread. Something not sweet tasting.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Sorry. As usual I ramble on.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Do you lift weights and work out at a gym? I put in 4 days a week and have for years (almost entirely olympic and power lifting). I do this so I don't have to change my diet. I eat like a campground raccoon and have for years.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Walking the golf course and regular doses of Apple Cider vinegar have kept me looking good. People talk about diet this and diet that, but I think you can create a balance and enjoy the foods you like if you put the work in at the gym. You may not be trim ripped, but you'll still look and feel good.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Flexible dieting ftw. Hit the macros and enjoy life

> > > > > > > > > @Ty_Webb said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Dr. Block" said:

> > > > > > > > > > If Bryson wants to put on any meaningful muscle that will help his explosiveness and distance, he better skip the pull ups and bicep curls and get busy free squatting, dead lifting, hang cleans, and clean and jerks. The glamour muscles do nothing for the golfswing, and from my experience, can actually get in the way and cost you range of motion.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > any bodyweight exercises that mimic those? Squats I get, but is there anything you can do to match the others?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Nordic hamstring curls will help. Not much bodyweight wise than give the benefits and overload of the deadlifts and cleans. But some kettlebells will help add to the resistance. AthleanX has a complete bodyweight program

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Good call on the Nordic ham curls.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I think people see deadlifts as an only heavy move that is possibly going to cause injury.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > But, as you said, even a kettle ball or a couple of dumbbells is good to start. I was shocked at how weak my hamstrings were and just did dumbbell Romanians for 2 months until I got my form down and moved to plates. But I still just do the Romanians. They hit everything hard but quads and I do squats anyway.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's a shame a lot of people don't approach weight lifting with the intention of always working on and continuing the understanding and execution of proper form. Dead's, squats, and really most of the compound lifts are a lot like the golf swing, you have to continue to stretch, improve your range of motion and perfect your form. One should never stop trying to improve.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Most of the people I observe at the gym who are brave enough to do them seem to accept their bad form and do nothing to improve it. Then they slap on the training wheels with a lifting belt and do entirely too much weight. That's how you get hurt.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Dead's get a bad rap, but if you can learn the right form (personally I think that is sumo stance), they are incredibly beneficial. If I could give any advice (and I'm no expert by any means) it would be ditch the weight belt, get a trainer, and learn the right form.

> > > > >

> > > > > Deadlifts are incredible for all over strength and get a bad rap. Exactly right learn proper form and see the results. Squats as well. Do them both right and you’re back gets super strong

> > > >

> > > > I agree with learning right form and continually getting better but to say there is no risk with proper form just isn’t true. Obviously, the more weight the higher the risk as well but the benefits can outweigh the risk for most people. I’ll also say this, dead’s and squats aren’t mandatory by any means, in fact I’ve seen more impressive physiques of guys who don’t do either than the guys busting their balls doing deadlifts.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Some guys look strong but aren’t and others are strong.

> >

> > Exactly. Squats and deadlifts are as mandatory of lifts there are for building functional strength and power of the entire posterior chain that translates across a broad athletic spectrum. Golf, long drive, football, basketball, baseball etc. There is a reason you see all athletes performing deadlifts, usually trap bar, less form restrictions.

>

> Is this how you got your drives to go so far??? ?

I learned to hit it hard growing up and then learned to control it, plus I played all sports. However in my athletic prime years in my early-mid 20’s i was 119-120 consistent club speed. I’m 37 now and I’m easily 10mph faster. Also, about 5 years ago just before I really started focusing on heavy squats and deadlifts I was about 122- 124.

FWIW I fluctuated 180-190lbs through my 20’s. Now during the winter months when I really focus on powerlifting I fill out to about 200-204lbs. Golf season i trim down to 190ish.

Piretti Savona 

> @Rosco1216 said:

> > @musclefront said:

> > > @Rosco1216 said:

> > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > @Redjeep83 said:

> > > > > > @musclefront said:

> > > > > > > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Dr. Block" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"DFS PFD" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @smashdn said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:ze

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > 230? That sounds like a bit much. He’s what 6ft1 ?

> > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > I represent that remark.

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Hey. I’m 6-3 211 currently. I’m carrying a couple extra too. I’m trying to talk myself into giving up sugar and bread and get down to 195.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Just needs some moderation blade!

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Yep. But when you’re OCD guy like me sometimes cold turkey is the way. At least to start. I want to quit sodas completely. ( all I drink how for past 5 years is sprite or ginger ale as I once was all Dr Pepper and mt dew ). And stop the bread. I simply love certain kinds too much. And they make me feel bloated and yuck. Otherwise I’m a veggie and fruit eater by nature who doesn’t like candy and cake etc. and you can count on one hands the fast food meals I’ll eat a year.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Not to thread jack ( but I am I guess). But I list sugars and bread as the things I want to get rid of as they make me feel bad most often. I’ve been checked out twice for sugar issues and the doc claims I’m good , but yet if I don’t eat on time each meal I crash and go nuts. Worse if I’m not active tyat day. Meaning I can go longer if I am on course or working. If I’m sitting or just goofing off with the wife , I better be eating before or at noon. I tell her this and she says “ well eat regularly “. Thanks captain obvious. I explain that when I mean crash I mean can’t function crash. Can’t think , hard time focusing etc. Like my body will then crave things like meat and cheese. Crackers or bread. Something not sweet tasting.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Sorry. As usual I ramble on.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Do you lift weights and work out at a gym? I put in 4 days a week and have for years (almost entirely olympic and power lifting). I do this so I don't have to change my diet. I eat like a campground raccoon and have for years.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Walking the golf course and regular doses of Apple Cider vinegar have kept me looking good. People talk about diet this and diet that, but I think you can create a balance and enjoy the foods you like if you put the work in at the gym. You may not be trim ripped, but you'll still look and feel good.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Flexible dieting ftw. Hit the macros and enjoy life

> > > > > > > > > > @Ty_Webb said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Dr. Block" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > If Bryson wants to put on any meaningful muscle that will help his explosiveness and distance, he better skip the pull ups and bicep curls and get busy free squatting, dead lifting, hang cleans, and clean and jerks. The glamour muscles do nothing for the golfswing, and from my experience, can actually get in the way and cost you range of motion.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > any bodyweight exercises that mimic those? Squats I get, but is there anything you can do to match the others?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Nordic hamstring curls will help. Not much bodyweight wise than give the benefits and overload of the deadlifts and cleans. But some kettlebells will help add to the resistance. AthleanX has a complete bodyweight program

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Good call on the Nordic ham curls.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I think people see deadlifts as an only heavy move that is possibly going to cause injury.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > But, as you said, even a kettle ball or a couple of dumbbells is good to start. I was shocked at how weak my hamstrings were and just did dumbbell Romanians for 2 months until I got my form down and moved to plates. But I still just do the Romanians. They hit everything hard but quads and I do squats anyway.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It's a shame a lot of people don't approach weight lifting with the intention of always working on and continuing the understanding and execution of proper form. Dead's, squats, and really most of the compound lifts are a lot like the golf swing, you have to continue to stretch, improve your range of motion and perfect your form. One should never stop trying to improve.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Most of the people I observe at the gym who are brave enough to do them seem to accept their bad form and do nothing to improve it. Then they slap on the training wheels with a lifting belt and do entirely too much weight. That's how you get hurt.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Dead's get a bad rap, but if you can learn the right form (personally I think that is sumo stance), they are incredibly beneficial. If I could give any advice (and I'm no expert by any means) it would be ditch the weight belt, get a trainer, and learn the right form.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Deadlifts are incredible for all over strength and get a bad rap. Exactly right learn proper form and see the results. Squats as well. Do them both right and you’re back gets super strong

> > > > >

> > > > > I agree with learning right form and continually getting better but to say there is no risk with proper form just isn’t true. Obviously, the more weight the higher the risk as well but the benefits can outweigh the risk for most people. I’ll also say this, dead’s and squats aren’t mandatory by any means, in fact I’ve seen more impressive physiques of guys who don’t do either than the guys busting their balls doing deadlifts.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Some guys look strong but aren’t and others are strong.

> > >

> > > Exactly. Squats and deadlifts are as mandatory of lifts there are for building functional strength and power of the entire posterior chain that translates across a broad athletic spectrum. Golf, long drive, football, basketball, baseball etc. There is a reason you see all athletes performing deadlifts, usually trap bar, less form restrictions.

> >

> > Is this how you got your drives to go so far??? ?

>

> I learned to hit it hard growing up and then learned to control it, plus I played all sports. However in my athletic prime years in my early-mid 20’s i was 119-120 consistent club speed. I’m 37 now and I’m easily 10mph faster. Also, about 5 years ago just before I really started focusing on heavy squats and deadlifts I was about 122- 124.

>

> FWIW I fluctuated 180-190lbs through my 20’s. Now during the winter months when I really focus on powerlifting I fill out to about 200-204lbs. Golf season i trim down to 190ish.

Nice. Well done, I also find when I’m stronger I have way more control of my own body and therefore, my swing so I can swing faster with better balance