Shot Scope V3

2 hours ago, phil75070 said:

I rarely refer to it during the round, depending more on my laser rangefinder.

I also use a rangefinder but I use the GPS frequently to get the yardage to the front of the green, get layup yardages on par 5’s, and distances to hazards. At my skill level if it’s within 3-5 yards that is sufficient.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

1 hour ago, RSinSG said:

I also use a rangefinder but I use the GPS frequently to get the yardage to the front of the green, get layup yardages on par 5’s, and distances to hazards. At my skill level if it’s within 3-5 yards that is sufficient.

When I do refer to it for distances, unlike you using it to the front of the green, it is usually the distance to the back edge of the green due to trouble in front that I look at. That way, even if I miss-hit it I'll end up center or front of the green. Bunkers I can typically laser and I have not found the V3 to be very good at distances to water at the course I play due to where the water first comes into play left or right of the hole before crossing the fairway or becoming a pond that the ball has  to be kept short of.

I wish the V3 had the pointer technology that some others have. I’m not sure what Garmin calls theirs but the tech in many of their units is hard to beat. Simply touch the screen and get an approximate distance to the hazard on that line. 

I find gps to be close enough and seldom in error. When in doubt, I pull out my precision pro rangefinder.

• Like 1

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I'm just about done all my research and about to pull the trigger in ordering a V3 in the coming days since the news that my Game Golf Classic is sadly no longer being supported (data transfer)😞 After a good 6 years using their system which I have really liked but I just have a couple of questions maybe you could help me with if possible please. 

Now I am a right handed golfer so I get that I wear the watch on my left wrist however I wear a glove on my right hand and grip the club in my gloved hand also (cack-handed) . Will this affect the stats being gathered/making a swing?

another thing is When I sync a round to my phone (after my round) from my watch, Will I be able to edit it on my laptop afterwards? 

if anyone can answer these for me I'd be most grateful for the information. 

thanks everyone in advance and good golf ^_^

11 minutes ago, DavidH88 said:

Hey everyone, I'm just about done all my research and about to pull the trigger in ordering a V3 in the coming days since the news that my Game Golf Classic is sadly no longer being supported (data transfer)😞 After a good 6 years using their system which I have really liked but I just have a couple of questions maybe you could help me with if possible please. 

Now I am a right handed golfer so I get that I wear the watch on my left wrist however I wear a glove on my right hand and grip the club in my gloved hand also (cack-handed) . Will this affect the stats being gathered/making a swing?

another thing is When I sync a round to my phone (after my round) from my watch, Will I be able to edit it on my laptop afterwards? 

if anyone can answer these for me I'd be most grateful for the information. 

thanks everyone in advance and good golf ^_^

You need to wear the watch on whatever hand is closest to the sensors in the butt end of your clubs or it will probably miss a lot of shots. 

Yes, once you sync the watch after your round you will then be able to go to the website on whatever device and edit. 

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

3 minutes ago, bhj83 said:

You need to wear the watch on whatever hand is closest to the sensors in the butt end of your clubs or it will probably miss a lot of shots. 

Yes, once you sync the watch after your round you will then be able to go to the website on whatever device and edit. 

Thanks bhj83 🙂 this will be all new to me since I have been so used to tagging with my Game Golf device on my belt. I'll get used to it in no time though, Thanks for answering my thoughts ^_^

13 hours ago, DavidH88 said:

Will this affect the stats being gathered/making a swing?

First, I would us the "Show Club" function and see if the club is recognized when wearing it on your left wrist while gripping the club cack-handed. If it is, just keep it that way. If not and you want to wear it on your right wrist then make sure you change the hand setting on the watch.

Editing is much easier to do on a PC or laptop.

Just played my first round with the V3 last week and I'm impressed. What a cool watch. I normally don't wear a watch and I thought it might bug me but I didn't even know I had it on. 

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

Nice update to the stats on the app just released! Different way of looking at them and some new stats added. Really like this update! I still wish there was a way to pick and choose which rounds to include instead of just the options they currently offer, last 1, 5, 10, etc. Being able to pick and choose would enable one to see stats by course, for example.

8 hours ago, phil75070 said:

First, I would us the "Show Club" function and see if the club is recognized when wearing it on your left wrist while gripping the club cack-handed. If it is, just keep it that way. If not and you want to wear it on your right wrist then make sure you change the hand setting on the watch.

Editing is much easier to do on a PC or laptop.

Thanks @phil75070 for the input. I've sent a email to Game Golf this afternoon to express my disappointment but I'm still pulling the trigger on the V3 come Wednesday when I get back from the Driving Range 🙂 I do respect all you guys for the help on the Forum. Good Golf 🙂

• Thanks 1

On 4/12/2021 at 10:07 AM, phil75070 said:

Nice update to the stats on the app just released! Different way of looking at them and some new stats added. Really like this update! I still wish there was a way to pick and choose which rounds to include instead of just the options they currently offer, last 1, 5, 10, etc. Being able to pick and choose would enable one to see stats by course, for example.

What did the update change?

• 3 weeks later...

I would really like to see them add a custom date filter for viewing data. I live in the Pacific NW and my data from the winter (everything is wet) is very different than in the summer (nothing is wet). 

For the rounds I played earlier this year (January-March), I was averaging around 250 off the tee with my driver. Combination of cold air, muddy fairways, and winter clothing. In April, I think that average was closer to 290...warm and dry so far this spring and a lot of roll.

I know I'm swinging faster this year than in 2020, but not sure how that's translated to driving distance and accuracy. I can only view my 2020 and 2021 entire year averages. And of course 2021 looks worse (for distance, anyway) because of the inclusion of proportionally more wet-month data. 

It'd be easy enough to set up a custom date filter where I could view, say, April-October 2020. And then April-October 2021.

Edited by chavycha

Cobra LTDx 10.5, Ventus Blue Velocore 6-S

Cobra AeroJet 3w @ 16.5, Kai'li White 70S

Cobra King Utility Iron @ 19.5, Tour AD DI Hybrid 105X

Callaway Apex Pro 2021 5-GW, Project X IO 110g 6.0

Cobra Snakebite Black "Versatile" 52/8, 56/10, 60/8, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125g

Ping Tyne 4 35"

On 5/6/2021 at 5:03 AM, chavycha said:

I would really like to see them add a custom date filter for viewing data.

More than that where I assume you are talking a "range" of dates, but a filter where you could pick and choose which rounds to look at. For example, for those that don't belong to a a particular club one might want to look at performance on a certain course or courses that don't fit into a continuous date range.

Yeah, programmatically anyway, these should be easy enough to implement. 

Select * from table where course=foo

Ping Tyne 4 35"

hey everyone, Hope you are well and enjoying your golf this year. 

I finally got out on the course yesterday and shot 54 for 9 holes and that was with a lost ball (1st Tee Shot) anyway, I also got to use my new Shotscope V3 and its in a word brilliant. It took half a hole to get up and running which was a little annoying (should've loaded it earlier) It picked up every shot I took and picked up the tags fine though I'm a cack-handed player. the putting was super simple. The distances to the middle was spot on as I used my new Range Finder alongside and it was within a to spot on so impressive on both front. 

Now it was my first round and I was very rusty and if you want a cheap round of golf then check out Bulwell Hall Golf Club here in Nottingham UK, £15 for 18 Holes and £10 after 12 noon. Hope to play another round soon but the weather is terrible for the beginning of May after having pretty much no rain in April. 

Will update when I get after my second round when the weather changes for the better >.< 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2021 at 10:03 AM, Shot Scope V2 said:

Hey Mike, will be released by Father's Day. 

Is this US only? I use the App in Europe (Apple/iOS) and no updated Strokes Gained yet

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5° @9.5°

Cobra Radspeed Big Tour @ 15.5°

Mizuno ST-Z 230 19°@20°

PING i230 4-U, +1/2", green dot
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54° Full Sole

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 60° Mid Sole

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

Between the update from yesterday and the update coming in June, we're getting some amazing strokes gained stats.

• Like 1

Ping G425 Max 10.5* - Hzrdus RDX Smoke Blue 6.5 75g - 43.75 in.
Ping G425 Max 17.5* 5 wood - Hzrdus RDX Smoke Blue TX 88g - 41 in.

TM Stealth Rescue 22* 4H - Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 90s
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Combo - 4-PW - DG X100
Cleveland RTX 50*
Cleveland RTX-3 54*
Cleveland RTX-3 58*
Cleveland HB Soft 10.5 Putter

• 2 weeks later...

Question for those who are using strokes gained provided by Shot Scope or others . When the app tells you that you are losing 2 strokes from 100-150 yards, what do you do with that information? How do you drill down to find the exact problem area and how do you go about improving it? When I use stats like approach proximity or chip proximity, I can visualize that during play and during a practice session. I can't visualize strokes gained. 

To me, if I am losing strokes in that range, I would want to know that its because my approach proximity with my 9 iron, for example, is 45 ft and I need to get it to 35 ft (the benchmark) so when I practice or play with that club, I can gauge whether on not my shots or practice session is meeting that goal. Does it tell you these kinds of things?

5 hours ago, Luv2kruz said:

Question for those who are using strokes gained provided by Shot Scope or others . When the app tells you that you are losing 2 strokes from 100-150 yards, what do you do with that information? How do you drill down to find the exact problem area and how do you go about improving it? When I use stats like approach proximity or chip proximity, I can visualize that during play and during a practice session. I can't visualize strokes gained. 

To me, if I am losing strokes in that range, I would want to know that its because my approach proximity with my 9 iron, for example, is 45 ft and I need to get it to 35 ft (the benchmark) so when I practice or play with that club, I can gauge whether on not my shots or practice session is meeting that goal. Does it tell you these kinds of things?

We will be releasing our handicap benchmarking for Strokes Gained in less than 2 weeks. This will provide feedback against peers on weaknesses and strengths. Strokes Gained allows for individual areas of the game to be separated compared to older statistics such as greens in regulation or up/down. However once you see for instance that your short game is a weakness, dive into the stats to understand if certain clubs have a worse proximity or is it bunker play for instance. We have a huge amount of benchmarking data for those statistics in our e-books which are free to everyone and available at https://shotscope.com/us/golf-ebooks/

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Luv2kruz said:

I personally don't think it would be practical or useful (to me) to have specific clubs and proximity numbers in mind when practicing. If my approach proximity was much worse than the benchmark and I wanted to prioritize that issue, I would simplify the message to "I'm hitting my short irons poorly" and work on diagnosing and improving my short iron swing.

Then once you've begun a practice program you can continue collecting information for a few more rounds and see how you are stacking up versus the benchmark after working on your short iron swing. 

I remember back in the days of doing all this analytics with pencil, paper and spreadsheets I identified a glaring weakness in my approach shots from 75-100 yards. I went to my teaching pro, showed him the results and asked if I was maybe using the wrong types of wedges. He quickly identified a specific technique I needed to adopt for my entire wedge game and gave me drills to work on learning that new wedge setup and swing. Within a few months (mostly within a few weeks) those 75-100 yard shots were right in line with what you'd expect for my handicap.

So I guess I'm saying, being able to drill down really far is great for diagnosis. Plus it's just cool to know what's going on, where and when. But you'll have to translate it into something actionable in your practice and by necessity that won't be super, super detailed in most cases. Even if the problem you identified shows up in very specific areas. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, North Butte said:

I personally don't think it would be practical or useful (to me) to have specific clubs and proximity numbers in mind when practicing. If my approach proximity was much worse than the benchmark and I wanted to prioritize that issue, I would simplify the message to "I'm hitting my short irons poorly" and work on diagnosing and improving my short iron swing.

My example is probably less useful on full long iron shots, but I find it really useful in practicing my short game and putting. If the benchmark for 25 yd chip shots is 10 ft, for example, then when I practice, I generally try to see how many times I can chip to within that standard. If I can't get most of my practice shots inside that circle, from all kinds of angles and lies, then I know I had a bad practice session and need to keep working on it. If I get them consistently inside that circle, then I know I had a good practice session and try to lock in those feels and movements. Same goes for putts, if I am practicing lag putting from 30 ft, then I am trying to ensure all balls end up in the 5 ft circle (if that's the benchmark). 

So for me, knowing my performance against a tangible and visual benchmark like proximity is really helpful. Strokes gained helps narrow the area of concern, but eventually you have to translate that into a physical parameter like feet or yards, otherwise it is just an abstract concept. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone using the manual putt mode just because they like it better? Played the first round with mine today and the putting locations were just ok. 

What exactly is it that's causing it to mark a location on the green? I will often stand and take practice strokes out of view from whoever is putting which is often not very close to where I'm actually putting from. Saw a few times that the watch used that as my actual putt location. Anyone else do this and have a remedy for it? 

Second question edit - is there a way to exit the pin location screen? Multiple times where I was walking close enough by the green to hit a chip where it switched over. Couldn't figure out how to get it back...

Edited by el h0zel
  • Like 1

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snake bite and furthermore, always carry a small snake. 

On 5/24/2021 at 3:08 AM, Shot Scope V2 said:

Strokes Gained is available everywhere. There is another update being released this week so you will see Strokes Gained on every performance page. 

Will future updates add a custom date filter?

See my previous post for how this could be really helpful for us seasonal golfers.

Ping Tyne 4 35"

7 hours ago, el h0zel said:

Is anyone using the manual putt mode just because they like it better? Played the first round with mine today and the putting locations were just ok. 

What exactly is it that's causing it to mark a location on the green? I will often stand and take practice strokes out of view from whoever is putting which is often not very close to where I'm actually putting from. Saw a few times that the watch used that as my actual putt location. Anyone else do this and have a remedy for it? 

Second question edit - is there a way to exit the pin location screen? Multiple times where I was walking close enough by the green to hit a chip where it switched over. Couldn't figure out how to get it back...

The problem I have with manual mode is that I can't get the idea of marking my first putt ingrained in my pre-shot routine and often have to go back, estimate where I putted from, mark it, then my next putt then do the pin collect.

I believe that even if the pin collect screen is showing it still picks up the club you are using to chip with.