Ventus Red

btpd806

2 minutes ago, jcvandamme said:

Been following this thread for a while. Just found one on 2nd Swing's website for the same price as what they are selling the Sim Max stock shafts. One of the pictures even showed part of the word Velocore when showing a picture of the Titleist tip. I decided to screenshot it as proof in case they ship one of the stock shafts.

When all the snow finishes melting, the Ventus is going to be in a competition with a Motore X F3 in a Ping G400 LST head. Although I love the Tensei Pro Blue that I'm currently using when it's dry out, I'm looking for just a touch higher ballflight so I can maximize carry in the wet months as well as take it over some of the doglegs on my home course.

What are your thoughts on the Motore? I have not seen much on the F3.

20 hours ago, dvyChan1987 said:

What are your thoughts on the Motore? I have not seen much on the F3.

I haven't hit that one yet either, unfortunately. Just got it back in January and haven't been able to play since.

I know @knudson81 reviewed both the F1 and F3 on his podcast a while back, and that's what got me interested in the F3 in the first place. The torque on it is just a little higher than the Pro Blue (4.3 vs 4.0). I tend to gravitate towards higher torque shafts because my swing is very smooth (or so I like to think). However, the Ventus Red 6S is a torque of 3.2, so it'll be interesting to see how they compare in feel.

Fujikura's website says that the F3 is designed for smooth or moderate swing types and produces a mid-high trajectory, which sounds like what I'm looking for.

9 hours ago, jcvandamme said:

I haven't hit that one yet either, unfortunately. Just got it back in January and haven't been able to play since.

I know @knudson81 reviewed both the F1 and F3 on his podcast a while back, and that's what got me interested in the F3 in the first place. The torque on it is just a little higher than the Pro Blue (4.3 vs 4.0). I tend to gravitate towards higher torque shafts because my swing is very smooth (or so I like to think). However, the Ventus Red 6S is a torque of 3.2, so it'll be interesting to see how they compare in feel.

Fujikura's website says that the F3 is designed for smooth or moderate swing types and produces a mid-high trajectory, which sounds like what I'm looking for.

The Motore X F3 is a mid/high launch, ball speed monster. Launches a little higher than Ventus Red but has much more of a kick at the bottom of the swing. Spin on the F3 is slightly higher than the V. Red but both are very consistent and accurate.

• Like 2

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

4 minutes ago, knudson81 said:

The Motore X F3 is a mid/high launch, ball speed monster. Launches a little higher than Ventus Red but has much more of a kick at the bottom of the swing. Spin on the F3 is slightly higher than the V. Red but both are very consistent and accurate.

Thanks for that input. I had a F1 for a brief stint in a Mavrik last year and just could not find the sweet spot with it. The Ventus Red and TSi3 has just been such a good combo for me and the season is just starting. I did tip it 1” after reading some other comments on this thread. I saw an F3 on the bay for cheap thought I may just snag for some fun.

10 hours ago, dvyChan1987 said:

Thanks for that input. I had a F1 for a brief stint in a Mavrik last year and just could not find the sweet spot with it. The Ventus Red and TSi3 has just been such a good combo for me and the season is just starting. I did tip it 1” after reading some other comments on this thread. I saw an F3 on the bay for cheap thought I may just snag for some fun.

I think the Motore X is very underrated because it launched right as the world shut down and there is so much love for the Ventus line. Both the F1 and F3 are worth trying and I think you will be very impressed with how well they play and how lively they feel while still being tight and accurate.

• Like 1

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

Craziest thing happened when I finally got a chance to demo all the venti (is that plural?).  I ended up liking the red the least, followed by the blue, but ended up with the black.  Goes to show you have to hit stuff, the blue just felt wild but produced not wild results.  The red just didn't jive with me at all.  The black felt like a subtle kick but produced super straight ball flight no matter what I put into my swing.  dispersion was clearly the best, and my fitter thought launch and spin were ok...  I personally thought the spin might be a touch low, but it was within 100rpm from the blue and my swing was getting tired.  Of all the shafts i tested the black was the best that day, but i am still keeping my tensei white as a backup... it tends to miss right but I am working through swing changes.  I will say on paper the black would be least favorite, but even from the moment I took a practice swing with it felt more comfortable than I expected.

We had just done a marathon iron session, and if I learned anything its that the different clubs can really promote good and bad swings more than I think I ever realized before.  I kept remarking after each after bad shots to throw that out it was a bad swing, but certain setups yielded markedly less bad swings.  It wasn;t my first fitting by any means, but it was the first that I felt this consistent and engaged with the numbers.  

On 2/28/2021 at 3:46 PM, Pepperturbo said:

@evoviiiyou Should be an interesting to see how your swing deals with the differences.  They have some similarities, but handles are completely different as well as bend profiles.  I've compared TB to Red specs.  IMO - a better comparison would be Ventus Blue to TB.

I have been playing two Ventus Red Velocore shafts; one 5 series "S", other 7 series "S" since they were introduced.  Also have many Diamama shafts going back to originals, collecting dust in the shaft barrel, but no TB.   Good luck.

So far definitely liking the Tensei AV Raw Blue 65S tipped 1/2" and the Ventus Red6S no tipping.  They feel almost interchangeable to me with SIM2MAX and PXG Proto+ heads respectively. The TB was on back order from my builder so I am waiting on that one, as I have been driving it the best in my short golf life with the Tensei AV Raw Blue/ Ventus Red6S, and as a true wrx'r...leaning towards the Tensei simply on look for 21. 

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

15 minutes ago, evoviiiyou said:

So far definitely liking the Tensei AV Raw Blue 65S tipped 1/2" and the Ventus Red6S no tipping.  They feel almost interchangeable to me with SIM2MAX and PXG Proto+ heads respectively. The TB was on back order from my builder so I am waiting on that one, as I have been driving it the best in my short golf life with the Tensei AV Raw Blue/ Ventus Red6S, and as a true wrx'r...leaning towards the Tensei simply on look for 21. 

Have you hit a Tensei AV Blue with a 1" tipping and/or untipped and does the tipping make a difference in your opinion?

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

39 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Have you hit a Tensei AV Blue with a 1" tipping and/or untipped and does the tipping make a difference in your opinion?

Its always 1/2" tipping for me and thats because I play it at 44.5" and then hot melted or added weight to head so they a touch heavier than normal...(204-206 gram range). With the AV Raw this tipping feels perfect.  Never went to a full 1" on a driver tip.

I have used non tipped with my heavier than stock head weight and it just feels a little more wiggle jiggle with ole hand test.  No real measurable data, but I can tell you I hit the center of the face really well...maybe both placebo and real impact here.

Just put in first round with a Ventus Red 7S in a Mavrik Max 3 wood. Been looking and looking for a backup driver type 3 wood I can count on. This shaft is a winner for me. I had and liked an Atmos Blue TS 7 in a Cobra 3 wood but the Ventus I like even more.

I concur with previous posters that the Atmos TS performs but could feel a little rigid, not so with the Ventus Red. I hit numerous 3 woods that looked like I placed them right where I was aiming. My worst of four shots I hit with it was pretty good, the other three were great. What I like about it is it feels fast but also is nice and stable. Weird how shafts can feel so different. I really liked the feel of the Ventus whipping through impact. Ball just holds its line and gets up and out. I’m still not sure about the Mavrik Max head — large pancake fairway wood shapes are not my favorite look, but it definitely performed. I am sold on the shaft. Took it to the range today and it was more of the same. I could see putting this same shaft in an Epic Speed fairway. 

I doubt I would switch to the Blue or Black for driver. I just loft down and go with one of these. The Red is a confidence builder, it feels so smooth. But the tight handle gives it some nice structure. I have a Tensei AV Blue in a driver that is very good and am about to try an MMT, but the Ventus is definitely intriguing. 

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

On 1/11/2021 at 10:51 AM, jackdanger said:

Also curious if anybody has tested...starting my testing season soon and these two are at the top of my list this year.

I have hit both but not side by side. The TZ6 launched higher overall for me. I also felt the kick in the Accra to be more pronounced and a lot lower than in the Ventus red. I have had succes with both shafts though. With my swing the Accra felt looser to me.

13 hours ago, dvyChan1987 said:

I have hit both but not side by side. The TZ6 launched higher overall for me. I also felt the kick in the Accra to be more pronounced and a lot lower than in the Ventus red. I have had succes with both shafts though. With my swing the Accra felt looser to me.

Haven't had a chance with the Red yet but started the season with the TZ6 and am loving the feel. I'm a pretty high launch guy so comboing a SIM set at 7* with the more active tip in the TZ6 is getting me perfect launch conditions. I think you'd need a "spin killer" head like the SIM to pull this off though. 

Titleist TSR3 9* - 46'' Tensei 1K Pro White 50 TX 

Titleist TSi3 4W 14.5* - Tour AD DI Orange 8X

Titleist TSi2 3H 18* - Orangesicle X

Srixon ZK 5 4i - Modus 120x

Srixon ZK 7 5-PW - Modus 120x

Titleist Vokeys 52*,56*, 60* - S400

Rife Bimini Blade "Belinda" - gravity grip

I think the TZ6 feels "softer" because of that active tip. The TZ5 is probably more comparable to the Ventuses after further investigation. 

Titleist TSR3 9* - 46'' Tensei 1K Pro White 50 TX 

Titleist TSi3 4W 14.5* - Tour AD DI Orange 8X

Titleist TSi2 3H 18* - Orangesicle X

Srixon ZK 5 4i - Modus 120x

Srixon ZK 7 5-PW - Modus 120x

Titleist Vokeys 52*,56*, 60* - S400

Rife Bimini Blade "Belinda" - gravity grip

Latest update added a heavier grip to my Ventus Red 6S and PXG Proto+ which allows me to add a little more mass to the weight ports in the head chasing ball speed and keep current flight and spin. All I can say is this combo is the one. For whatever reason at the lighter weight the Tensei AV Raw Blue 65S tipped 1/2” felt tighter and a little more consistent but adding the extra mass to the head to play at D4 with the heavier grip has shifted the distance battle in favor of the V Red respectively. Like the little bit of extra weight plus the mid size grip unlocked a few more yards and a lot more center strikes. Loving this combo for a round and the last two buckets. Could be it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The Velocore's notoriety is their ability to reduce twisting and dispersion on off center contact.

If they reduce twisting shouldn't the shafts torque spec be less than other shafts?

G400Max 10.5 Driver Red Velocore 6S
G410 5 Wood Tensei Orange stiff
Ping G410 Hybrid 22* & 26* Evenflo Black 6.0 stiff

Ping G Gap-6 iron Steelfiber i95 R.flex

Ping Anser 52* Steelfiber i95 R.flex
Cleveland CBX 56* Steelfiber i95 R fles
Callaway X Tour 59.5* Steelfiber i95 R.flex
Scotty Newport 2,  prov1x, Motocaddy M1

3 minutes ago, KARL M said:

The Velocore's notoriety is their ability to reduce twisting and dispersion on off center contact.

If they reduce twisting shouldn't the shafts torque spec be less than other shafts?

Torque measurement of shafts vary from brand to brand

Driver: Sim 10.5 WB 73 TX
3w: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 15/BRNR Mini Diamana D+Plus 80TX

5w: Paradym AI Smoke 18 Tensei Pro White 1k 90 TX
4i: Srixon ZX Mk II AD IZ 95x

5i: Srixon U85 Oban CT 125x

6-PW: Miura TC-201 Oban CT 125x

50/54/59: Cleveland RTX Zipcore DG S400

Putter: Jailbird 380 WH

8 minutes ago, KARL M said:

Yes and no. Just as stated manufacturers measure differently but also, what makes velocore unique is it lower torque without compromising feel. Most low torque shafts feel like a telephone pole.

12 minutes ago, BlueDragonKorea said:

Torque measurement of shafts vary from brand to brand

Fuji ventus red 65S 3.2* torque

Fuji Pro 2 65 S 3.3* torque

Both mid high trajectory.  

Looks like hitting one would be the only way to appreciate the ventus.

G400Max 10.5 Driver Red Velocore 6S
G410 5 Wood Tensei Orange stiff
Ping G410 Hybrid 22* & 26* Evenflo Black 6.0 stiff

Ping G Gap-6 iron Steelfiber i95 R.flex

Ping Anser 52* Steelfiber i95 R.flex
Cleveland CBX 56* Steelfiber i95 R fles
Callaway X Tour 59.5* Steelfiber i95 R.flex
Scotty Newport 2,  prov1x, Motocaddy M1

• 1 month later...
On 3/9/2021 at 3:47 PM, jcvandamme said:

Been following this thread for a while. Just found one on 2nd Swing's website for the same price as what they are selling the Sim Max stock shafts. One of the pictures even showed part of the word Velocore when showing a picture of the Titleist tip. I decided to screenshot it as proof in case they ship one of the stock shafts.

When all the snow finishes melting, the Ventus is going to be in a competition with a Motore X F3 in a Ping G400 LST head. Although I love the Tensei Pro Blue that I'm currently using when it's dry out, I'm looking for just a touch higher ballflight so I can maximize carry in the wet months as well as take it over some of the doglegs on my home course.

Hello did you get to compare the F3 to the Ventus Red?  Thank you and stay safe 

Ventus Red 7 stiff tipped 3/4 of an inch is working really well in my Epic Max LS. If you like the idea of the Black’s stability but want a little more launch and feel, tipping the Red is a great way to go. I tried the 6s and 6X and the tipped 7S was the best dialed-in fit for me. Some guys on here have tipped the Red 1.5 inches but I found about half that was good for me. I was swinging at 106 in this fitting. Fantastic golf shaft that does help control wayward strikes. 

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

I just put a red 6X in my 0811X driver yesterday. Tipped 1.5” and playing at 45”.

I hit it on the SkyTrak last night and played this morning. I think I’m done searching for my driver shaft. 

7A4102F9-D7EC-4EE0-B6D4-B04818125E79.jpeg

7BCE2C56-1FD7-4F89-962F-6C52304CD7DC.jpeg

38CD6462-FDAD-474E-AA10-166177CE10C8.jpeg

• Like 4

TSR3 9.0 Ventus TR Black 6-X

TSR3 3 wood Ventus Blue 8-TX

M5 5 wood Ventus Blue 9-TX

TSR3 4 hybrid Tour AD DI-105X

T100 4-5/ 716 CB 6-PW X100

SM9 54D, 59V Modus 125W
LAB DF3 34” TPT     ‘24 TP5X

1 hour ago, Sean124 said:

I just put a red 6X in my 0811X driver yesterday. Tipped 1.5” and playing at 45”.

I hit it on the SkyTrak last night and played this morning. I think I’m done searching for my driver shaft. 

7A4102F9-D7EC-4EE0-B6D4-B04818125E79.jpeg

7BCE2C56-1FD7-4F89-962F-6C52304CD7DC.jpeg

38CD6462-FDAD-474E-AA10-166177CE10C8.jpeg

Great setup. Ventus Red 5S is my next shaft for my Gen4 X. Loving your numbers for sure. 

• Like 2

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

3 hours ago, OspreyCI said:

Great setup. Ventus Red 5S is my next shaft for my Gen4 X. Loving your numbers for sure. 

Looks like my set up and really shaft looks amazing on the Gen4head! Nice work on those numbers as well. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Landy said:

Hello did you get to compare the F3 to the Ventus Red?  Thank you and stay safe 

I did. For the beginning part of the summer, I was really liking the F3. But a few weeks ago, I got a lesson and gained somewhere between 3-5mph of swing speed. With the extra speed, the F3 was spinning too much for my launch. So I went to the Ventus and have been very happy with it since then.

Comparing the 2 shafts, I feel like they launch about the same, but the Ventus is harder to turn over, and that's a plus for me since I already hit a draw. You can also definitely feel the F3 kick more, which makes sense when you look at the torque ratings.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jcvandamme said:

I did. For the beginning part of the summer, I was really liking the F3. But a few weeks ago, I got a lesson and gained somewhere between 3-5mph of swing speed. With the extra speed, the F3 was spinning too much for my launch. So I went to the Ventus and have been very happy with it since then.

Comparing the 2 shafts, I feel like they launch about the same, but the Ventus is harder to turn over, and that's a plus for me since I already hit a draw. You can also definitely feel the F3 kick more, which makes sense when you look at the torque ratings.

Thank you for the feedback 

• 5 months later...
On 8/11/2020 at 11:48 PM, Fujikura Golf said:

Red is the underdog of the three. It has a very stiff handle section with a softer tip than the other two profiles. I use it in driver and 3 wood as does @knudson81 he may be able to chime in here on his thoughts. It is by no means a "high" launch or spin, just slightly higher than blue, and I mean slightly.

outside of 3 wood what would be a replacement? Or do you continue onto the elusive 8x ventus reds?