Ping i59

johngalt312

11 hours ago, karstens_ghost said:

Well, if you can just make Covid disappear, I'm sure times will get better...

Also, golf sales are up 30+% across the board, while they've had containers sink in the ocean and supply chain issues unheard of a year ago.

But please, do go on about constipation...

Srixon, for example, has an iron produced overseas, assembled in the US (all subject to COVID and shipping restrictions, just like Ping), and they are at less than half that wait time.  And demand for the ZX5 & & is very high.

Edited by Foreleft
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, karstens_ghost said:

Also, golf sales are up 30+% across the board, while they've had containers sink in the ocean and supply chain issues unheard of a year ago.

Covid happened to every competitor as well.
Nobody has more people running to make excuses for them than ping 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Foreleft said:

Srixon, for example, has an iron produced overseas, assembled in the US (all subject to COVID and shipping restrictions, just like Ping), and they are at less than half that wait time.  And demand for the ZX5 & & is very high.

Oh yeah.   And Ping sells the same amount of clubs as Srixon.   NOT!!!!  It's supply and demand thing.  Srixon demand is minuscule compared to Ping so why wouldn't it be a less of lead time?!? 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, karstens_ghost said:

Is there any circumstance that you DON’T defend Ping??? It’s kinda odd. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TheGolfingRealtor said:

PING does not need to succumb to the pressures of the consumer. There are no shareholders to please. There are no sales numbers to hit. If you don't like their business model, there are plenty of competitors clubs you can play. They won't be offended if you choose to play another brand.

The pros asked for a Blueprint type iron and PING built it for them.

How many iterations of a model do they need to make if the original still holds up? i210's finished in 2nd two weeks in a row and iBlades finished 2nd last week. They still work, why do we need new versions?

If a consumer walks into the golf store they can find the Blueprint, the iBlade and i210 - all considered players irons for different types of players. If they are not on the shelves then they are sold out because they are that good! So again, why does PING need to release a new iron when they can't keep their current irons in stock?

This is delusional Ping apologizing. Of course they care what consumers think of them

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TheGolfingRealtor said:

PING does not need to succumb to the pressures of the consumer. There are no shareholders to please. There are no sales numbers to hit. If you don't like their business model, there are plenty of competitors clubs you can play. They won't be offended if you choose to play another brand.

The pros asked for a Blueprint type iron and PING built it for them.

How many iterations of a model do they need to make if the original still holds up? i210's finished in 2nd two weeks in a row and iBlades finished 2nd last week. They still work, why do we need new versions?

If a consumer walks into the golf store they can find the Blueprint, the iBlade and i210 - all considered players irons for different types of players. If they are not on the shelves then they are sold out because they are that good! So again, why does PING need to release a new iron when they can't keep their current irons in stock?

If you truly believe PING doesn't care what the consumer thinks or cares about, you are completely off-base. I once knew a PING rep, and boy did he care about sales numbers.  

3 minutes ago, USGA22 said:

If you truly believe PING doesn't care what the consumer thinks or cares about, you are completely off-base. I once knew a PING rep, and boy did he care about sales numbers.  

They are an engineering company first, golf company second. They make clubs that work and only replace them when there is something better. This has been pretty true since the Eye 2, why change now? A sales rep is an employee of the company, not a decision maker. PING's prior generation clubs still do pretty well compared to other companies new offerings? 

I don't get why people complain about PING's business practices? If you don't like it, move on!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TheGolfingRealtor said:

They are an engineering company first, golf company second. They make clubs that work and only replace them when there is something better. This has been pretty true since the Eye 2, why change now? A sales rep is an employee of the company, not a decision maker. PING's prior generation clubs still do pretty well compared to other companies new offerings? 

I don't get why people complain about PING's business practices? If you don't like it, move on!

I mean that is just not true. They have a 2 year release schedule for Woods for one reason, to make money. They know nothing really changed between 410 and 425, not anymore than would change if they released an update to i210.

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist Tsi2 - GD AD-IZ 6x

3 wood: Taylormade SIM Max 15 - GD AD-VR 7x

hybrid: Ping G425 19 - GD AD-DI Hy 95x

irons (4-pw): Ping iBlade - Project X rifle 6.5 +1"

wedges (50,55,60): Vokey Sm9 - Project X rifle 6.5 +1"

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 36"

Ball: Titleist ProV1

1 hour ago, ryan84 said:

I mean that is just not true. They have a 2 year release schedule for Woods for one reason, to make money. They know nothing really changed between 410 and 425, not anymore than would change if they released an update to i210.

I disagree. Steps might be small but PING does always improve their clubs at least a little bit. 

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5° @9.5°

Cobra Radspeed Big Tour @ 15.5°

Mizuno ST-Z 230 19°@20°

PING i230 4-U, +1/2", green dot
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54° Full Sole

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 60° Mid Sole

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

11 minutes ago, BCC1898 said:

I mean, who’s happy when sales are down???

Can you please stop posting stuff about PINGs sales and supply issues. This is not the thread for that.

Make a new thread or DM the person you want to have an argument with about these issues. 

Edited by BubbaBallesteros
  • Like 3

On 12/22/2020 at 5:13 PM, BubbaBallesteros said:

PING i59 iron spy image I found on Insta and Reddit. Looks amazing!

dad6e37.jpg

After seeing the Glide Forged 2 in the other thread, this is looking more legit with the branding text ratio and the low height font.

• Like 1

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

1 hour ago, Whited107x said:

There is no way ping will release new irons for this season as its highly unlikely any tour pro will switch clubs now the season is in full flow.

Yea. .not sure about irons,  but the wedges probably. I know a staff member that said that he couldnt get the glide forged anymore. 

1 hour ago, Whited107x said:

There is no way ping will release new irons for this season as its highly unlikely any tour pro will switch clubs now the season is in full flow.

I've heard that the iBlade (possibly) and Glide Forged (for sure) replacements are releasing this summer. 

You have to remember that the Pros get their clubs way before the public release and are probably testing them behind the scenes. 

I remember the first time we seen the PING Blueprint Irons. It was in early October 2018 (2 months before that end of season) and Louis said he's been playing them for a while, testing them. 

There's always a way!

1 hour ago, Shakespeare said:

Yea. .not sure about irons,  but the wedges probably. I know a staff member that said that he couldnt get the glide forged anymore. 

Wedges will be released but irons are more a long term test for pros. So hard to see many putting new irons on trial with all the majors, tour champs and then ryder Cup. And like many people have said the clubs out are still as good as anything on the market still so they won't be in any rush. 

Irons can still come out this year for the pros. We first saw spy pics of iBlade in 2016 at the Players when it was in May. They were released in August of the same year. Plenty of time to get new Ping irons in 2021. 

• Like 1

TSi3 9.0 (A4)  Tensei Raw Blue 65 Stiff 

TS2 15 (B1) Project X Even Flow White 75 6.0
TS3 19 (C4) Project X Even Flow White 90 6.0
i59 4-W DG 120 S300
Glide Forged Pro (52/56/60) DG 120 S300
Scotty Cameron 009m and Tour Newport 
Pro V1x Yellow 

Given their issues, I'm gonna guess those i59's are going to sit in pro bags from now, and not go on sale until Jan 2022. We saw blueprints in pro bags for 7 months at least before you could buy them. This will, in my estimation, be the same situation. The i210 will get its update of some sort at The Open. Probably a bounce tweak and a weight screw instead of the toaster. And that's it.

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

3 hours ago, karstens_ghost said:

Given their issues, I'm gonna guess those i59's are going to sit in pro bags from now, and not go on sale until Jan 2022. We saw blueprints in pro bags for 7 months at least before you could buy them. This will, in my estimation, be the same situation. The i210 will get its update of some sort at The Open. Probably a bounce tweak and a weight screw instead of the toaster. And that's it.

That would be a downgrade. The toaster is nice because you don’t have to pull the shaft to adjust the swing weight.

$$$$

You can change swing weight with a different screw.ExM_H94UYAAsug7.jpeg.728c1e7a10488e580adaf9fce5e2e7bf.jpeg

Edited by karstens_ghost
  • Like 1

Who here thinks the i210’s will be an all time classic? I’m currently playing i200’s, just got fitted for and ordered the JPX 921 Tours not wanting to wait for the i210 replacement, yet I find myself drawn to the i210’s. Anyone who has gamed i200 and i210 I’d be interested in hearing what their differences are.