Ping i59

johngalt312

Owned both. The only difference for me, i210s look a bit more refined at address. 200’s feel a little more crisp/metallic like they feel like they have a thinner face. 210’s feel a bit softer/thicker.

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

21 hours ago, karstens_ghost said:

Given their issues, I'm gonna guess those i59's are going to sit in pro bags from now, and not go on sale until Jan 2022. We saw blueprints in pro bags for 7 months at least before you could buy them. This will, in my estimation, be the same situation. The i210 will get its update of some sort at The Open. Probably a bounce tweak and a weight screw instead of the toaster. And that's it.

"The toaster".   lol..  I like that.

The picture of the Glide Forged Pro wedges we saw this WGC Matchplay this weekend leads me to believe the i59 picture is real, the topline bevel is almost identical.

image.png.dfa590be1d1a54c193b78b47ccb1071f.png

image.png.de1ffee5a5d07f4c974bb3b216651caa.png

• Like 1

G430 Max 10K Hzrdus RDX Red 60 / Ping G430 Max 5fw KBS TD 70 / Titleist TSi2 4Hy  Tensei CK Pro Orange 80HY 

Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 120 / Cleveland RTX2.0 50° DG S200 / Ping Glide3.0 56° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide4.0 60° DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom 7.5 Stability Tour / Titleist ProV1x

On 3/18/2021 at 6:01 PM, NolanMack said:

I’m in an awkward situation. Have been playing the i500 for just over a year and my game has improved a ton, now noticing they are sometimes too long and balloon a little bit too often. Anyways, had to be sent back to ping because the face cracked on the weld line (apparently this is an issue with the i500). They can’t replace them because they are discontinued. Any advice of what ping iron to move into ?

I switched from the Ping i500 to the Ping i210 and its night and day. I hit the i500 very well, but they are hard to control, go too long and I don't need the extra distance. They were inconsistent at times and would fly on me. The i210 are very consistent and easier to control. They have a little more offset, great softer feel, better dispersion and a higher spin rate. They are a little shorter in distance (weaker lofts) and a little less forgiving than the i500. If you prefer an iron with great feel and consistently then you cant go wrong with the i210.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Titleist TS2 10* Driver | Titleist TS2 15* 3 Wood | Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid | Ping i210 Irons 4-PW | Ping Glide Forged Wedges 50*54*60* | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 

On 3/26/2021 at 2:06 PM, dirtbike29 said:

Who here thinks the i210’s will be an all time classic? I’m currently playing i200’s, just got fitted for and ordered the JPX 921 Tours not wanting to wait for the i210 replacement, yet I find myself drawn to the i210’s. Anyone who has gamed i200 and i210 I’d be interested in hearing what their differences are. 

Hi @dirtbike29, 

Yes, I think the 210s are every bit as clutch as the old i20s. If I wasn't playing blueprints, the 210s would be my only other choice, really. GOATs? It's shocking they will be updated, but I think from a manufacturing perspective, they want to get to toe screws on everything. It's a better overall quality, as you won't have those things pop out anymore. Screws can be tightened and chem locked, where toaster weights are epoxy only.

There are a couple of noticeable differences. In the long irons, particularly the 4 iron, you'll see a higher apex in flight. The i200 was harder to elevate in long irons. The other thing was feel. The 200s are "harsh" in relative terms. It's not like the 210s are a "forged" feel, but they are certainly their own brand of soft while still giving some good feedback and still not "stinging" on bad strikes. The 210s also dropped the number on the toe… I never minded it, and if given a choice, I'd prefer it, but no big deal.

I also thought the 210s didn't spin as much, and didn't catch fliers as often, but YMMV.

• Like 2

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

Please delete.

Edited by karstens_ghost
Forum software sucks.

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

23 minutes ago, karstens_ghost said:

Yes, I think the 210s are every bit as clutch as the old i200s (edit). If I wasn't playing blueprints, the 210s would be my only other choice, really. GOATs? It's shocking they will be updated, but I think from a manufacturing perspective, they want to get to toe screws on everything. It's a better overall quality, as you won't have those things pop out anymore. Screws can be tightened and chem locked, where toaster weights are epoxy only.

There are a couple of noticeable differences. In the long irons, particularly the 4 iron, you'll see a higher apex in flight. The i200 was harder to elevate in long irons. The other thing was feel. The 200s are "harsh" in relative terms. It's not like the 210s are a "forged" feel, but they are certainly their own brand of soft while still giving some good feedback and still not "stinging" on bad strikes. The 210s also dropped the number on the toe… I never minded it, and if given a choice, I'd prefer it, but no big deal.

I also thought the 210s didn't spin as much, and didn't catch fliers as often, but YMMV.

I have played both and currently play the i210 and I agree with all of this. 200's were slick, 210's look...feel... and perform better. Period. They are a smidge larger, but overall have less offset and they finally took the number off the face of the toe. My head hit's the pillow each night feeling that nice soft "click" they produce at impact leading me to sweet dreams. Doesn't hurt that Hovland, Freddy, Hatton, Fitzpatrick, Cink, Westy and many others play them for a living.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2021 at 8:33 PM, karstens_ghost said:

Hi @dirtbike29, 

Yes, I think the 210s are every bit as clutch as the old i20s. If I wasn't playing blueprints, the 210s would be my only other choice, really. GOATs? It's shocking they will be updated, but I think from a manufacturing perspective, they want to get to toe screws on everything. It's a better overall quality, as you won't have those things pop out anymore. Screws can be tightened and chem locked, where toaster weights are epoxy only.

I think you are correct. I got fitted a few weeks back for the JPX 921 Tours and I’m having buyers remorse, I just really love PING and everything I see and read and everything you’ve said lines up with me and my game. I love my i200’s but I do struggle with trajectory in the long irons, so that’s a check. Softer feel, check. I love the feel these more recent PING irons have. You could blind test me with all sorts of irons and I’d be able to pick out the PING irons. Also, my spin is normally a little high...check. My main reason to get fitted was to find the right shaft which turned out to be the NS Pro 950gh. I went with the 921’s bc they did perform well, as did the i210’s, but I didn’t want to wait on the long lead time. Now I find myself checking eBay all throughout the day. It’s entertaining watching the newly listed i210’s get posted, the ones with a ‘But It Now’ price much lower than I feel they should be — they don’t make it through the first day before they’re gone! I honestly want to get my 921’s in, order some mint i210’s, take them to my local club builder and swap the heads out, sell the 921’s. I love Mizuno and played MP-32’s back in the day. But what I love about the i210’s are the soft feel and generous ball speeds on off-center shots. It’s incredible. With the Mizuno’s, off-center shots aren’t as pleasant. It’s not a definitive line between the i210’s and 921 Tours in that “off-center shots” category, more like a blurred line, at least for me, and the Mizuno’s with their less than pleasant off-center shots sort of train me into hitting the center of the face more consistently, which I also like. So I’m kind of at a fork in the road between those 2 options in terms of which is most important to me. I will find that out — which is why I’m hovering on eBay daily.

Sorry for the long rant, I digress. I think the i210’s are instant classics and it feels like their stature is strengthening every day. 

Edited by dirtbike29
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, sadclevelandsports said:

Everybody talking about how great the i210's feel, and I'm here thinking the iBlades feel better in every way (not to mention the BP's).

I don't think anyone said the 210's feel better than either of those irons. Congrats on playing a smaller iron. Hopefully, the i59 feels better than all 3.

Edited by halfsumo
  • Like 1

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

7 hours ago, halfsumo said:

I don't think anyone said the 210's feel better than either of those irons. Congrats on playing a smaller iron. Hopefully, the i59 feels better than all 3.

Sorry, my comment wasn't intended as a flex. I just feel like the iblade is always the forgotten child even though it's a fantastic club. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sniper said:

And NO i210 replacement this year!

Yeah, probably next year or the year after. If it ain't broke, don't fix it I guess. The iBlade has been around since 2016 and is just getting a replacement. 

Looks like the i59 will be an iBlade replacement and the i525 will be the i500 replacements.

• Like 2

On 4/6/2021 at 4:28 PM, sadclevelandsports said:

I just feel like the iBlade is always the forgotten child even though it's a fantastic club. 

I have tried everything in players-irons category that has come out since iBlade and so far nothing has felt better for me. T100 was close and Srixon ZX7 has come close.. But still nothing better out there for me, PXG could be better but I am not the customer they make clubs for.

• Like 2

G430 Max 10K Hzrdus RDX Red 60 / Ping G430 Max 5fw KBS TD 70 / Titleist TSi2 4Hy  Tensei CK Pro Orange 80HY 

Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 120 / Cleveland RTX2.0 50° DG S200 / Ping Glide3.0 56° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide4.0 60° DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom 7.5 Stability Tour / Titleist ProV1x

The iBlade is the best feeling iron Ping has ever made. Perhaps the Blueprint is better, but finding the sweet spot of that club is a mystery to me. 

• Like 3
PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, CCTxGolf said:

What is the sole like in a iblade/i59 compared to the i210? Is it like blue print thin or is there significant help like the 210?

Blueprints are slightly thinner than the iBlades. Don't own the i210s but a few friends of mine play them and they are a bit larger than the iBlades

16190416147886419071211312539619.jpg

Edited by BubbaBallesteros
  • Like 1

These look sick. 
Never had or hit ping irons, but I’m intrigued. 

Taylormade Stealth+ 10.5: Ventus Blue 6X
Titleist TSR2 4-16.5: Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade Stealth+ 5-20: MRC Tensei CK Pro Blue 80TX
Titleist T200 4: DG AMT X100
Titleist T100 5-PW: DG AMT X100
Titleist SM8 50, 54, 60: DG Tour Issue S400
Odyssey Ai Jailbird Mini DB 34" 

Grips Lamkin Full Cord; logo down 

4 hours ago, alecfeltman said:

These look sick. 
Never had or hit ping irons, but I’m intrigued. 

Usually the summer release hit the week of The Open.

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

On 4/6/2021 at 2:28 PM, sadclevelandsports said:

Sorry, my comment wasn't intended as a flex. I just feel like the iblade is always the forgotten child even though it's a fantastic club. 

I agree with you.  I think the iBlade suffers simply from being an older model even though it's close to perfection. 

I recently bought some Vega forged irons just for something different, but will keep and play my iBlades for the foreseeable and don't think they can be greatly improved upon really - they suit me perfectly and are a great all-round club which anyone from pros to 12 h'caps can use. 

All that said, the i59s look very nice! 😉

• PING G400 Max 9* Tensei Orange 60 S
  • PING Anser 17 / 20* hybrids Graphite Design 85S
  • Miura PP-9003 Straight Neck 4-PW Nippon NS Pro 750 GH wrap tech
  • Miura 52, 56 K forged wedges / PING Eye 2 LW beryllium copper
  • Nordberg Halvdan custom / PING Cushin Scottsdale zip / PING Jim Wells Zing 5KS SN / PING Vault 2.0 Ketsch 380g, etc.

On 3/10/2020 at 1:33 PM, pheenomz4774 said:

Summer sounds good! I think I can make my iBlades last until then! Even with a new driver, I might not upgrade or upgrade to the G410 line at a reduced price.

If you play the LST drivers, there really isn’t a lot of difference between the 410 and 425 from my perspective. I was fit into a 410 end of last year however ping had zero heads in the UK at the time so I had to wait, then the 425 launch happened so I got upgraded to that. I play the Tensei raw orange stiff at 45.25” with driver swing speed of 105mph. I don’t see any difference in numbers other than slightly lower (100-150rpm) spin on the new 425. Worth trying both to compare though! Worth noting- there are still Ping staffers using the 400 so new isn’t always better!!