Ping i59

johngalt312

On 2/8/2021 at 2:50 PM, Strategery said:

I ordered my i210 irons 4-U mid-end of Nov. Just received update that they are scheduled to arrive mid-Feb, but was told that delays have been occurring.

The manager at the store also told me their rep advised them to prepare for new i210 orders being discontinued.

I spoke with Ping today (just called their 800 number). i210s are still their current i-series iron - they just can’t build them due to backorder on certain components. You can still place custom orders but they are 12-15 weeks out. TGW, Discount Dan’s, Morton’s, etc can still help you do it you just have to call them.... Looking at May/June deliveries on new orders. 

• Like 4

Titleist TSR2+ 12.75*
Ping G425 19.5*

Titleist TS2 4h 22*
Ping i210 5-PW
Vokey SM8 52*/58*
Ping Prime Tyne
Titleist Pro V1

54 minutes ago, Indygolfer85 said:

I spoke with Ping today (just called their 800 number). i210s are still their current i-series iron - they just can’t build them due to backorder on certain components. You can still place custom orders but they are 12-15 weeks out. TGW, Discount Dan’s, Morton’s, etc can still help you do it you just have to call them.... Looking at May/June deliveries on new orders. 

Okay, that is downright crazy! Thanks for the info

• Like 2

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5° @9.5°

Cobra Radspeed Big Tour @ 15.5°

Mizuno ST-Z 230 19°@20°

PING i230 4-U, +1/2", green dot
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54° Full Sole

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 60° Mid Sole

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/16/2021 at 12:37 PM, Lefty87 said:

No i500 replacement?

For what it’s worth, I had a fitting last week with multiple brands and wanted to try the i500 irons. The fitter told me that PING had asked him to pull the i500 iron heads from the fitting cart the day before.

• Like 1

PING G430 Max 8* Driver

PING G430 LST 14* Fairway Wood

PING G430 SFT 18* Fairway Wood

PING iCrossover 21.5* Hybrid

PING i500 5-UW

PING Glide 4.0 54* SW

PING Glide 4.0 58* LW

Scotty Cameron Phantom X6 Putter

On 3/15/2021 at 12:06 PM, cassel191919 said:

Word is they stopped production on everything but 425 in the casting plant because demand is so high on them right now.

This isn't true in the UK, I ordered my second set of i210 on the 2nd March and they arrived on the 15th so a 13 day turnaround from ping. 

1 hour ago, toddyc said:

It’s probably because that’s basically the only iron they have on sale anymore. Don’t know what’s going on with ping but it’s not good

I ordered some iBlades over Christmas and got them in January. I also ordered a Blueprint PW 3 weeks ago and it's expected to be here in 3 weeks. You can still order most of their irons.

3 minutes ago, BubbaBallesteros said:

I ordered some iBlades over Christmas and got them in January. I also ordered a Blueprint PW 3 weeks ago and it's expected to be here in 3 weeks. You can still order most of their irons.

I believe they asked a lot of retailers to stop selling the i blade and the i500s because a replacement is coming soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BubbaBallesteros said:

Yeah you can order them. But they haven't marketed those irons in years and you will probably never see them in a store. The blueprints are a specialty item as well. Some of the lead times on i210's are absurd. Those have also gone without update for much longer than usual. I get that they're plenty good irons, but no company willing delays updates in this kind of market. No way they sell as good as something newer would regardless of performance improvement.

I don't dislike Ping but it makes me wonder what's going on with them. I guess i'm just venting my concerns. I wasn't sure if its just me noticing something off. Hopefully they're gearing up for some new stuff this year.

I'm not as familiar with Ping's offerings, but after reading this thread, I'm all hyped up over some irons that might not even come out this year.🤣

quick question, though: what are the hosel dimensions of each of Ping's irons? I have a set of parallel tip irons shafts that I really like, and wanted to know which of their offerings they wouldn't fit in.

• Like 1

Callaway Customs Rogue ST Max LS @ 9.5 - LAGP Bryson Series 65-4

PING G430 LST 3W - LAGP Bryson Series 75-4

Callaway Apex UW 21° - LAGP Bryson Series 75-4
PING i210 4-U - Recoil Prototype Customs 95 F4
Artisan 54°, 58° - Recoil Prototype 95 F4
Artisan 0418 putter

Chrome Tour, Z-Grip+2, really weird full alligator Vokey stand bag that I've never seen pictures of on the internet

10 hours ago, ShAMbotay said:

I'm not as familiar with Ping's offerings, but after reading this thread, I'm all hyped up over some irons that might not even come out this year.🤣

quick question, though: what are the hosel dimensions of each of Ping's irons? I have a set of parallel tip irons shafts that I really like, and wanted to know which of their offerings they wouldn't fit in.

Ping uses taper tip in all their irons. That being said, the 410, i500s and i210s will accept parallels. Their hosel bore is bigger than .370 and requires a Ping collared ferrule to seat properly. You can "make" it work with shims or other methods but it is just best to order the proper ferrule from Golfworks or Billy Bobs. The catch is going to be getting the ferrule started over the parallel end. May have to heat them up in some hot water to make them a bit pliable. The older models such as iBlades and S55s won't accept parallel. Not sure about the new 425s but would think they will be similar to the ones mentioned above. 

22 hours ago, toddyc said:

Yeah you can order them. But they haven't marketed those irons in years and you will probably never see them in a store. The blueprints are a specialty item as well. Some of the lead times on i210's are absurd. Those have also gone without update for much longer than usual. I get that they're plenty good irons, but no company willing delays updates in this kind of market. No way they sell as good as something newer would regardless of performance improvement.

I don't dislike Ping but it makes me wonder what's going on with them. I guess i'm just venting my concerns. I wasn't sure if its just me noticing something off. Hopefully they're gearing up for some new stuff this year.

WIth Hovland, Hatton, and Westy finding immense and sustained success on tour with the i210's, there is nothing out there forcing Ping to put out a replacement if nothing is ready. I purchased my i210's a couple months back because the numbers they gave me were simply better then the rest of the clubs I tried. Even being out a few years now, this club is still one of the best player irons out there. 

• Like 3

Titleist TSI3 Fuji Ventus Blue TR 6X

Taylormade Stealth Plus 15* Fuji Ventus Blue TR 7X

Ping G425 3 Hybrid 19* Graphite Design AD DI Hybrid 85x 

Ping i210 4-PW Nippon Modus 120X

Titleist Vokey SM7 52* 8F 56* 10S 60* 8M DG S300

Scotty Cameron Special Select Flowback 5 BGT LE Stability Shaft

Titleist Prov1x

1 hour ago, BDowning said:

WIth Hovland, Hatton, and Westy finding immense and sustained success on tour with the i210's, there is nothing out there forcing Ping to put out a replacement if nothing is ready. I purchased my i210's a couple months back because the numbers they gave me were simply better then the rest of the clubs I tried. Even being out a few years now, this club is still one of the best player irons out there. 

Yeah it could be that they are happy to stand pat with them because they are so good. But no competitor does that and Ping normally updates irons regularly regardless of tour success. It helps to put out new things just to keep things moving along and current. 

Just makes me wonder if they’re in trouble or things are just pretty jacked up after the last year. I’m not really in the industry so I don’t know

42 minutes ago, toddyc said:

Yeah it could be that they are happy to stand pat with them because they are so good. But no competitor does that and Ping normally updates irons regularly regardless of tour success. It helps to put out new things just to keep things moving along and current. 

Just makes me wonder if they’re in trouble or things are just pretty jacked up after the last year. I’m not really in the industry so I don’t know

PING updates the G series on a consistent 2 year rotation.

The players irons are on an 'as needed' cycle it seems.  iBlade has been out even longer than i210!  I think it is important to remember that PING's core competency is engineering, not marketing - so if there isn't a meaningful improvement ready, they don't force it.  On top of that, they are still a closely-held family owned business; can't begrudge them for taking a long-term view and being concerned about doing things they right way (in their view at least), rather than appeasing short term demands of a PE group or public shareholders. 

Supply chain issues impacted everyone and definitely delayed plenty of products from many manufacturers.  I think that is driving the lead time issues on orders but not the release schedule here... PING isn't in trouble, they just march to their own beat.

• Like 3

TaylorMade SIM 8* - Aldila Rogue White 60TX

TaylorMade SIM 17* - Aldila Rogue White 70TX

PING G410 Crossover 19* - Project X 6.5

PING i210 4-U - Project X 6.5

PING Glide 3.0 54WS, 60SS - Project X 6.0

PXG One & Done

Titleist ProV1x Left Dash

19 minutes ago, belephant said:

PING updates the G series on a consistent 2 year rotation.

The players irons are on an 'as needed' cycle it seems.  iBlade has been out even longer than i210!  I think it is important to remember that PING's core competency is engineering, not marketing - so if there isn't a meaningful improvement ready, they don't force it.  On top of that, they are still a closely-held family owned business; can't begrudge them for taking a long-term view and being concerned about doing things they right way (in their view at least), rather than appeasing short term demands of a PE group or public shareholders. 

Supply chain issues impacted everyone and definitely delayed plenty of products from many manufacturers.  I think that is driving the lead time issues on orders but not the release schedule here... PING isn't in trouble, they just march to their own beat.

Well I hope that’s the case. It certainly makes each release more significant when you hold out for so long

So here's my question.  The buzz last year was that Ping shelved it's 2020 releases due to COVID.  That would imply that something was ready to release.  Are we thinking all they ever planned to release last year was the G425 line and that the i59 (and any i500 and i210 replacement, if different) were always intended for 2021 or later?  I just got the impression that they had something in the pipeline that they delayed.  And if that's true, it kills me as there is just something that fits my eye about Ping irons, but my i200s are getting very, very long in the tooth...

I’m in an awkward situation. Have been playing the i500 for just over a year and my game has improved a ton, now noticing they are sometimes too long and balloon a little bit too often. Anyways, had to be sent back to ping because the face cracked on the weld line (apparently this is an issue with the i500). They can’t replace them because they are discontinued. Any advice of what ping iron to move into ?

5 hours ago, belephant said:

PING isn't in trouble, they just march to their own beat.

At one point & time .....this is why I went PING solely [I still am]

Though I think they[family] caved in to the equipment barrage......

NOTHING was ever better than receiving your dad's or granddad's Eye 2 hand me downs-- that is the ONE thing you simply can't do with the newer release PING 

PING had a Mystic and it's slowly been erased by the new equipment direction

9 Clubs Sunday Bag

UST Mamiya - Lamkin - RXS 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1840618-witb-731-full-bag/

1 hour ago, NolanMack said:

I’m in an awkward situation. Have been playing the i500 for just over a year and my game has improved a ton, now noticing they are sometimes too long and balloon a little bit too often. Anyways, had to be sent back to ping because the face cracked on the weld line (apparently this is an issue with the i500). They can’t replace them because they are discontinued. Any advice of what ping iron to move into ?

i210 or their replacements. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, animalgolfs said:

At one point & time .....this is why I went PING solely [I still am]

Though I think they[family] caved in to the equipment barrage......

NOTHING was ever better than receiving your dad's or granddad's Eye 2 hand me downs-- that is the ONE thing you simply can't do with the newer release PING 

PING had a Mystic and it's slowly been erased by the new equipment direction

I'd almost take the opposite position. The i210 has become the modern day cult classic that the Eye 2 was. The majority of this thread has been voicing a concern/complaint about how Ping is lacking in updating their player irons, yet week in and week out their players are constantly at the top of the leader board. Not only have they consistently been resetting the bar on forgiveness/distance with their drivers, but their Blueprint and i210 offerings are tour staples, heck even their iblade is still bagged on tour. Yes, the i500 was released to capture the players gaming the p790 and those looking for playable distance, but aside from that I would say Ping has stayed true to their brand on their releases and quality. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Titleist TSI3 Fuji Ventus Blue TR 6X

Taylormade Stealth Plus 15* Fuji Ventus Blue TR 7X

Ping G425 3 Hybrid 19* Graphite Design AD DI Hybrid 85x 

Ping i210 4-PW Nippon Modus 120X

Titleist Vokey SM7 52* 8F 56* 10S 60* 8M DG S300

Scotty Cameron Special Select Flowback 5 BGT LE Stability Shaft

Titleist Prov1x

100% agree.

The i210 is really proving to be an amazing all-timer. Blueprints feel great and are solidly in pro bags. People needing spin are still playing iBlades.

I think you have to be aware of two different kinds of consumer. There's one that appreciates things over the long term, and the other that does not. You have to satisfy both. That's just flatly the reality.

Most golf companies are doing the "rotation". Things feel different, but the changes are cyclical. The woods from two years ago are fine, but there's a different area you can make better. In two years, they may find it's best to make a different area better. It's also why you see the "stock" shafts from other manufacturers changing all the time. About 4 cycles, they'll change the adapter and recycle.

Most annual purchasers buy into the idea that tiny, incremental improvements are going to help them. In reality, they're often adjusting to clubs like a new pair of shoes. Wear in, like the feel, it gets "old", and they move on. Some customers are looking for a 5-10 year thing.

I'm kinda in-between. When things are working, I don't care. When a feel doesn't feel right anymore, I'll find what feels "more right". Some things I liked as a 15 a couple years ago are awkward now as an 8. But make no mistake; Ping do a really good job in making those constant, small, incremental improvements. If the 210s are replaced, they must have a really good one coming.

For you Linux dorks out there, I feel like they should have an LTS model. 🙂

• Like 2

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

Don't mean to be too combative, but I just don't understand the reasoning that Ping should stay with what they've got if tour pro's are still doing well with them.

The Ping staffers are playing them because they have no other options. It's not like they have access to a new model and just refuse to upgrade because they are playing so well.

Sometimes a staffer does hold onto an older model, and that actually does say something to the performance of said model. 

Tour pros can play well with just about anything, so I'm not really sure how much weight the argument holds. Because again, it's all they have.

I'm also pretty sure no manufacturer will adopt a strategy of only releasing a new line when all of their staffers can't make a cut. 

Maybe I'm just salty because I passed on the iblades and now I'm years and years on my current Pings.

But it has to be a strange time for Ping when someone looking for player's irons walks into a golf shop and there are no irons to even look at. And if you do happen to know about the 210's or iblades, you have to wait months to actually get your hands on them.

Again, I'm probably just salty because I want new sticks and I love Ping. 

• Like 2

It’s obvious Ping is having supply chain issues and maybe even more then other manufacturers but the fact is if COVID wasn’t a reality there would be new models. 

• Thanks 1

TM M6 9 Graphite Design HD 6x
TM M6 15 Graphite Design TP 7x
TM M6 18 Graphite Design VR 8x
Mizuno JPX 921 SEL 4-G Nippon SPO

Mizuno T22 56D, 61X Nippon SPO
Byron Morgan DH89 SSS 350g KBS CT Tour black

Yep. It's the same reason we got all the 425s first. Hands tied. Supply chain rinsed.

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

8 hours ago, Blaiser said:

Don't mean to be too combative, but I just don't understand the reasoning that Ping should stay with what they've got if tour pro's are still doing well with them.

The Ping staffers are playing them because they have no other options. It's not like they have access to a new model and just refuse to upgrade because they are playing so well.

Sometimes a staffer does hold onto an older model, and that actually does say something to the performance of said model. 

Tour pros can play well with just about anything, so I'm not really sure how much weight the argument holds. Because again, it's all they have.

I'm also pretty sure no manufacturer will adopt a strategy of only releasing a new line when all of their staffers can't make a cut. 

Maybe I'm just salty because I passed on the iblades and now I'm years and years on my current Pings.

But it has to be a strange time for Ping when someone looking for player's irons walks into a golf shop and there are no irons to even look at. And if you do happen to know about the 210's or iblades, you have to wait months to actually get your hands on them.

Again, I'm probably just salty because I want new sticks and I love Ping. 

I agree.

The Ping tour staff keep having good results because Ping has some good players on staff.

I know Ping does things a bit different, but it can't be good to have aging lines of irons that can't hardly be found in any golf shop.

But like you I just kind of what some fresh new Pings to go buy so Im complaining about it.