2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

PXG 0311 P Gen 3 Long Term Reviews !

twoodssuperfan

On 1/18/2022 at 4:49 PM, Cousin said:

I don't think I saw this in this thread - Does anyone have experience with the Gen 3 or 4 set gap wedge?  I have a fitting next week and was wondering if I pull the trigger if I should go with the set matching 50*.  My current 50* is a TM MG, so probably due for a refresh.  I only really use it on full shots, I use a 54 and a 58 for anything inside about 105 yds.  I am thinking I could probably use the forgiveness of the set GW.

I usually hit full shots too but still went with a sugar daddy 50 degree and haven’t looked back.  Maybe my favorite club along with the matching 56.  Can hit full shots, Half shots and bump and run with ease.  Can’t recommend highly enough over the set gap wedge.  Problem is they are sold out of 50 degree so if maybe a 52 works for you?

On 1/17/2022 at 10:58 PM, rxk9fan said:

FWIW, Recoil and SteelFiber saved my golf by completely ending my horrid elbow issues.  My Gen3 0311P’s have Accra Tour shafts and they also spare me of all elbow discomfort.  If I hit someone else’s irons with steel for 15 shots on the range, my elbows are killing me the next day.

I hope graphite rewards you in the same way.  IMO, cushion provided by Recoils is the greatest, but the Accra and SF seem just a little tighter to me.

Love the Accra shafts.  Tried the MMT and weren’t even close in feel.  The Accras do look ugly but I love the performance and feel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tim00tim said:

Help!!  Need new irons to game this year.  5 hcp.

0311 T Gen 3 vs. Apex Pro '21.  Elevate shafts offered in both. 

Both are great iron for your cap. Fan of those shafts too. I am partial to the Gen3 and love my P’s and could went T’s in the shirt irons. A Gen3 iron and a ProV1 mixed together in the center of the face brings pure joy to me! 

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

6 hours ago, tim00tim said:

In the same boat. The apex are more expensive and have more time before delivery. I am a 8cap, i have my eyes on the P. 

Titleist 915 d2
Titleist 917 f2 18*

PIng i25 hybrid 22* pwr 90

[u]project x L.Z 5.5[/u]:
Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
Nike engage 52 square,
56 toe sweep
60 dual sole

Lajosi Dd201

A dream bag

6 hours ago, tim00tim said:

Go with the Gen 3 P irons.

• Like 2

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

TAYLORMADE Stealth 3HL & 7W

TAYLORMADE  Stealth 22* & 25*

MIZUNO JPX 923 HM 6-AW 

PING Tour Issue Glide 4.0 Raw 54-12

PING Tour Issue Glide 4.0 Raw 58-10

SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 5.5

I am playing the Apex 21 Pro, but am ordering the Gen 3 P's. I just like the added forgiveness.

That said, does anyone know what the stick swing weights of the P's are with:

1. The Elevate 95 shaft

2. The Recoil Dart 75

I am contemplating these 2 shafts. (Going back to steel or not...)

Edited by JasonPetermann

TITLEIST TSR 2 w/PX Evenflow Riptide

Titleist TSR2 16.5 w/Tensei Blue

Titleist TSR2 21w/Tensei Blue

Titleist TSR1 5h, 6h 7h w/Kuro Kage Black

Titleist 24 T-100 7-AW, Recoil 95

Titleist SM9 - 54, 60

Scotty Phantom X5, Scotty Squareback

Titleist ProV1, Callaway Chrome Tour

Vessel Player IV Pro

1 hour ago, JasonPetermann said:

I am playing the Apex 21 Pro, but am ordering the Gen 3 P's. I just like the added forgiveness.

That said, does anyone know what the stick swing weights of the P's are with:

1. The Elevate 95 shaft

2. The Recoil Dart 75

I am contemplating these 2 shafts. (Going back to steel or not...)

The Ts are not unforgiving by any means.

OG Stealth Graphite Design Ventus Blue TR 60X

Ping 425 Max Hotmelted Tensei Orange 1k

Titleist T100, Project X LS 6.5

Epic 3w/5w/4h - Tour AD-DI

Wedgeworks SM8 55.13D / SM9 60.08M

Scotty Cameron T22 FB

2 hours ago, CLH1233 said:

I currently play the 19' Apex Pro but interested in the PXGs. Not sure which to go with the P or T? 

I am currently a 7 handicap.

I have the Gen3 T and Gen2 P and was fit into both by PXG. When I got the P, I wanted something forgiving in a slightly bigger head, but became frustrated as the P's didn't stop the ball as quickly as I was accustomed to coming from Ping s55. I just couldn't get myself to adjust to the need to play shorter and let the ball roll out instead of flag hunting and using the spin to stop the ball on or near my numbers. When I went back to PXG for a solution in the Gen3 model, we hit both the T & P and I was getting the same roll-out results with the P, but was able to pull the string with the T. Also, slightly less offset and smaller profile suited my eyes better. Gen3 T actually gives me slightly better distance over my Gen2 P with just as much forgiveness. The T model performance and forgiveness is no joke! IMO, if you're coming from something like the Apex Pro with a smaller profile, going P might not be the route unless you're ok with and can adjust to playing different type of shots into the greens. I'm a stupid hunter and shoot at pins all the time, the T just give me confidence I won't be bouncing off the greens and short siding myself as much as I did with the P. 

Edited by snagy2000
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, snagy2000 said:

I have the Gen3 T and Gen2 P and was fit into both by PXG. When I got the P, I wanted something forgiving in a slightly bigger head, but became frustrated as the P's didn't stop the ball as quickly as I was accustomed to coming from Ping s55. I just couldn't get myself to adjust to the need to play shorter and let the ball roll out instead of flag hunting and using the spin to stop the ball on or near my numbers. When I went back to PXG for a solution in the Gen3 model, we hit both the T & P and I was getting the same roll-out results with the P, but was able to pull the string with the T. Also, slightly less offset and smaller profile suited my eyes better. Gen3 T was actually gives me slightly better distance over my Gen2 P with just as much forgiveness. The T model performance and forgiveness is no joke! IMO, if you're coming from something like the Apex Pro with a smaller profile, going P might not be the route unless you're ok with and can adjust to playing different type of shots into the greens. I'm a stupid hunter and shoot at pins all the time, the T just give me confidence I won't be bouncing off the greens and short siding myself as much as I did with the P. 

Well said Snagy! Enough said.

I have had the Gen3 P’s for almost a year and wish I went T’s in the shorter irons. My 4-6 are money in the P’s. 

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Update:  I just got back from PXG fitting.  Elevate Tour shafts seemed good for me from their options in any/all iron heads (better than Elevate 95g).  As far as Gen3 T vs. P ... for my ego, I want the T's.  Short irons are money in T's.  But I did like the forgiveness in long irons in P's. 

Soooooo combo set?!  Now the decision seems to be where to split it.  I'm looking for 4-P in irons. 

I think 7 iron is the key club.  Should I go with 7 iron in T or P (and bend accordingly for gapping)?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, tim00tim said:

Update:  I just got back from PXG fitting.  Elevate Tour shafts seemed good for me from their options in any/all iron heads (better than Elevate 95g).  As far as Gen3 T vs. P ... for my ego, I want the T's.  Short irons are money in T's.  But I did like the forgiveness in long irons in P's. 

Soooooo combo set?!  Now the decision seems to be where to split it.  I'm looking for 4-P in irons. 

I think 7 iron is the key club.  Should I go with 7 iron in T or P (and bend accordingly for gapping)?

I’m thinking the same thing for me 4-7 P and 8-W T

Just did my fitting on Monday for the full bag.  My main focus was on irons though.  Ended up going with Gen 3 P in the Elevate Tour Stiff, 4-G.  It was close between the X and the stiff.  Getting nice high straight balls about 180 yds in the air with the 7.  We went long on time, and I had to get home so didn't get to dial the woods in.  I also hit a few forged wedge shots just to get a feel, seemed pretty good.  Going back next week to do the woods again (for free).  The last driver I hit was the Proto with the Motore F3 and it felt really nice.  Will probably check out the wedges again but not sure on those.

• Like 1

The great thing about PXG is that the turnaround is very quick. If you order a combo set, and decide you want a different iron in the middle of the set, you can order a single one and have it in a week or so. 'Not sure if they'll let you return a single iron from a set (with a restocking fee) if you ordered a replacement, but I wouldn't be shocked if they did.

• Like 1

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

5 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

The great thing about PXG is that the turnaround is very quick. If you order a combo set, and decide you want a different iron in the middle of the set, you can order a single one and have it in a week or so. 'Not sure if they'll let you return a single iron from a set (with a restocking fee) if you ordered a replacement, but I wouldn't be shocked if they did.

Their return policy is so good. I purchased a Ventus Black shaft only and returned it minus restock fee. 

• Like 1

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

So I really wanted to go PXG throughout the whole bag but it did not work out.  My first PXG club is the Gen 4 driver which I am gaming now, and it's good.  I next got fit for and bought Gen 3 irons 4 - GW and Sugar Daddy 56 and 60 wedges.  Gen 3 spun about 300 more than Gen 4 and I need more spin.  I went with Elevate 95 but knew they wouldn't last.  I play graphite in everything because of elbow tendinitis.  I tried all of the PXG graphite offerings and none were as good as my tried and tested KBS TGI 95.  So I re-shafted the irons and wedges with the KBS.  As hard as I tried, I was horrible with them.  I play 3 -4 days a week 12 months per year and shot some of my highest scores in years for the five rounds I gave them a shot.  I'm a 1 - 3 handicap who figured I'm getting older and could use some forgiveness and extra length so, it was time to move away from the one piece forged cavity backs I've used for years to the goo filled magic of a forgiving iron.  The PXG's have too much bounce and the sole is too wide for my swing.  The short irons went high, right, and 5 yards short of my numbers.  The wedges didn't work out either.  I put my Srixon ZX7, Glide 3 wedges back in the bag and shot 73.  Perhaps I should have went with the T's and that would have been better.  I'm now in the process of shafting up the PXG's back with the Elevates and they will be sold.

• Like 1

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM9 54° D, 60° T, KBS TGI 95s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra

You guys are making we want to go T in the 8-Gw. Game is getting better and know I would enjoy the slight smaller profile.

When I was for for the P’s I talked to my fitter about going a slip set and he was not a fan. Looking back, he was not the best fitter I have had at the PXG Mesa store. Just saying. 

• Like 1

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

31 minutes ago, OspreyCI said:

You guys are making we want to go T in the 8-Gw. Game is getting better and know I would enjoy the slight smaller profile.

When I was for for the P’s I talked to my fitter about going a slip set and he was not a fan. Looking back, he was not the best fitter I have had at the PXG Mesa store. Just saying. 

IMO, I would split it at 6 - PW. I believe anything above 6 should be more meaty and forgiving, but that's just me and my game on fast and firm Texas fairways. The Gen3 T 7i is pretty easy to hit, going 8-PW would make me have questions whether or not I made the right choice. I've got enough golf questions in my head already, don't really need more. In the end, I guess it depends on your comfort, ball striking ability and the courses you play. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, snagy2000 said:

IMO, I would split it at 6 - PW. I believe anything above 6 should be more meaty and forgiving, but that's just me and my game on fast and firm Texas fairways. The Gen3 T 7i is pretty easy to hit, going 8-PW would make me have questions whether or not I made the right choice. I've got enough golf questions in my head already, don't really need more. In the end, I guess it depends on your comfort, ball striking ability and the courses you play. 

How would you compare the gen 3 Ts to other irons profile wise? I’ve played p750/p7mc/jpx 921 tours. Same head size and more forgiving? Thanks 

2 minutes ago, Hall401 said:

How would you compare the gen 3 Ts to other irons profile wise? I’ve played p750/p7mc/jpx 921 tours. Same head size and more forgiving? Thanks 

Wish I could help you compare the Gen3 T to those other irons, but I haven't had a wondering eye since I left the Ping s55 for PXG. The Gen3 T are the same size as the s55, and as I've said before and will stick to it now, the T model is just a modern version of the s55. They're even engineered by the same people. I posted pics a long time ago, I'll see if I still have them and post them if I do. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, OspreyCI said:

I guess if you blend the T with the P the T should be bent 1* weak. Correct? 

Gen3 T & P are the same length clubs, I wouldn't even worry about it since 1* won't make a sizable difference in yardage. Weakening clubs can add bounce, but I believe it needs to be 2* or more to have an impact on bounce. Whichever direction you go, you can always change specs way or the other.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, OspreyCI said:

That’s exactly my set up Osprey. Love the control of the T’s (8-9-PW-GW) but still plenty forgiving. The P’s (4-5-6-7) are just like cheating…so easy anywhere on the face. my XP 3iron is the best driving iron or second tee option I’ve owned. The feel and sound of something 245yards is just so pleasurable and satisfying. 

C89BC45E-6C28-44EB-A18D-40261044FDA2.jpeg.049b562146c913e235341b77c5c5e987.jpeg

• Like 2

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

21 minutes ago, evoviiiyou said:

That’s exactly my set up Osprey. Love the control of the T’s (8-9-PW-GW) but still plenty forgiving. The P’s (4-5-6-7) are just like cheating…so easy anywhere on the face. my XP 3iron is the best driving iron or second tee option I’ve owned. The feel and sound of something 245yards is just so pleasurable and satisfying. 

C89BC45E-6C28-44EB-A18D-40261044FDA2.jpeg.049b562146c913e235341b77c5c5e987.jpeg

Thanks man. Looks good. I wish I would have not listened to the fitter last year and went with my instinct at the time and did that setup. Anyway, I think I am going this route. 

• Like 1

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Got my 0311 gen 3 p’s with elevate tour shaft and got thru work with them a bit. Prior I was gaming ping g410 with steelfiber 95 regular . 

My initial impressions are very very good the heads are nice and compact with less offset, they have exceptional feel with a pro v1. Although they are 1 deg weaker I’m hitting the same distance possibly a few yards longer , still to early to tell . 

The elevate tour feels amazing I’m really enjoying the extra weight , I must say the elevate tour and the steelfiber 95 regular are equal in stout . I’d say the elevate has a bit more kick at the tip. 

I’ll  update this in the future as I settle in with the new set.

• Like 2