Taylormade SIM 2.0

TRC723

I threw a Ventus blue 60s into mine today and took it out for a quick range session. Holy balls batman did it come alive! Definitely longer and straighter than the Rogue Silver 70s, at least in this small sample size test. Playing 18 tomorrow with my dad, so hopefully I'll learn alot more but as for now I'm feeling really good about the additional investment ($200 for a used one on ebay).

• Like 1

Any update on MySim2 delivery dates in Canada? 

-----

WITB

Titleist TSi3 8* Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 70 TX

Titleist TSi2 15* Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 80 TX

Titleist U500 3i Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX or Titleist TSi2 18* Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green "Hulk" PVD 6.5 80G

Titleist T100 4-PW Project X 7.0

Titleist Vokey SM8 50F(51)/56M(55)/60T

Scotty Cameron (TBD)

Titleist ProV1

2 hours ago, Stretchr said:

Opinions on how this club would do for a high handicapper that struggles with off center strikes? 

caved the top of my m2 in and TM gave me a disco code. I struggle with heel strikes as well as high toe strikes. 

My dad is a high HCP type and struggles with consistent contact. We got him fit into the Sim2MaxD and saw improvements in his flight, constancy & distance. Moving on from an M6.

He also switched from 65g stiff to a 45g regular shaft in the process, so that will make a big difference in #'s right off the bat. The Sim2MaxD head weight distribution doesn't require you to be as precise as the standard Sim2 would. 

you are still best off to go to your local fitter and just make sure before you invest the dough - but do as your budget and time constraints allow

Dr - Sim2Max - 9* - Ventus Velo Black 6x @ 45in

5w - Sim2Ti - 19* @ 17.5* - Tensei AV Raw Blue FW 75 @ 42.25in

2 UDI - P790 - PX 6.5

4-AW - P790 - PX 6.5

56 - MG2 TW - PX 6.0

60 - MG2 TW - PX 6.0

Putter - Spider X Navy - Single Bend @ 34in

19 minutes ago, Matty_ICE15 said:

My dad is a high HCP type and struggles with consistent contact. We got him fit into the Sim2MaxD and saw improvements in his flight, constancy & distance. Moving on from an M6.

He also switched from 65g stiff to a 45g regular shaft in the process, so that will make a big difference in #'s right off the bat. The Sim2MaxD head weight distribution doesn't require you to be as precise as the standard Sim2 would. 

you are still best off to go to your local fitter and just make sure before you invest the dough - but do as your budget and time constraints allow

Thanks that makes me hopeful a max might work... 

im in kind of a sticky spot where my preferred fitter recommended I take some lessons first, but I’m sitting here with a cracked m2 and a 30% code and need a decent piece of equipment to practice/take lessons with before getting fitted. I’m also in a swing speed range that complicated things for the “max” heads in most off the shelf offerings (110+) 

I have no brand loyalty but I do have 2 taylormade shafts so a TM head would give me easy trial and error opportunities at the range 

18 minutes ago, Stretchr said:

Thanks that makes me hopeful a max might work... 

im in kind of a sticky spot where my preferred fitter recommended I take some lessons first, but I’m sitting here with a cracked m2 and a 30% code and need a decent piece of equipment to practice/take lessons with before getting fitted. I’m also in a swing speed range that complicated things for the “max” heads in most off the shelf offerings (110+) 

I have no brand loyalty but I do have 2 taylormade shafts so a TM head would give me easy trial and error opportunities at the range 

I'm playing the Sim2Max head with 110+ SS (My foresight report didn't export with SS listed so I can't give you exact)...got the Ventus Black 6x w/Velocore shaft. Originally planned on playing the standard Sim2 head but saw better dispersion with the Max head and only appeared to lose 1-2 yards. My club head delivery appears to be pretty consist with a low toe miss though - I don't find the heel much.

Dr - Sim2Max - 9* - Ventus Velo Black 6x @ 45in

5w - Sim2Ti - 19* @ 17.5* - Tensei AV Raw Blue FW 75 @ 42.25in

2 UDI - P790 - PX 6.5

4-AW - P790 - PX 6.5

56 - MG2 TW - PX 6.0

60 - MG2 TW - PX 6.0

Putter - Spider X Navy - Single Bend @ 34in

Ordered in March 16. Arrived today April 7. (For what it’s worth I called TM on April 1 and they gave me an arrival date of May 10). 

SIM2 10.5 head, Kuro Kage shaft in X flex. Swing speed 110-115mph. This driver+shaft combo is incredibly stable for me. The SIM was also very solid and stable. I feel the SIM2 is slightly more solid feeling on off-center hits. Outstanding club for me (coming from G410 Plus). 

Hoping to get an update on my SIM2 lead time today, I ordered on 3/14 and haven't gotten and tracking from DD's yet. 

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

On 4/7/2021 at 7:34 AM, Stretchr said:

Opinions on how this club would do for a high handicapper that struggles with off center strikes? 

caved the top of my m2 in and TM gave me a disco code. I struggle with heel strikes as well as high toe strikes. 

You'll be fine.  The SIM 2 is actually a bit more forgiving than the SIM line IMO.  My misses tend to be off the toe and it still gets out there and my ball speed doesn't drop as much as it did with the M4 I had. 

Edited by phizzy30

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Anyone know if the face is deeper (taller) on the Sim2 Max compared to the OG Sim max?

TITLEIST TSR 2 w/PX Evenflow Riptide

Titleist TSR2 16.5 w/Tensei Blue

Titleist TSR2 21w/Tensei Blue

Titleist TSR1 5h, 6h 7h w/Kuro Kage Black

Titleist 24 T-100 7-AW, Recoil 95

Titleist SM9 - 54, 60

Scotty Phantom X5, Scotty Squareback

Titleist ProV1, Callaway Chrome Tour

Vessel Player IV Pro

5 hours ago, GooseHook said:

Hoping to get an update on my SIM2 lead time today, I ordered on 3/14 and haven't gotten and tracking from DD's yet. 

DD's got back to me, Taylormade finished the build and is shipping within a day or two. It was for a 9 degree SIM2 head+ RDX Black, so it looks like maybe they were under promising when quoting some of those extreme lead times.

In all it will be about 4 weeks from start to finish- not terrible given the situation. 

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Sent my OG SIM (9*) in on 3/15 for a warranty repair, received a fresh SIM2 (9*) on 4/7.

Going to give it a ride tomorrow morning with a crispy AD-TP 7TX!! I'll edit this post with an update after the round with impressions/thoughts.

D | Stealth+ - 9* - Ventus TR Black - 7 (X)
3 | Rogue ST LS - 15* - Ventus Blue - 7 (X)

U | Srixon ZX - 18* - Modus 3 Hybrid (X)
I  | Callaway Apex TCB 4-PW - Nippon Tour Proto (X)
W| Vokey SM8 - 50F/54M/58T - TT DG TI (S400)
P | Your guess is as good as mine!

2 hours ago, hooperpsu said:

Sent my OG SIM (9*) in on 3/15 for a warranty repair, received a fresh SIM2 (9*) on 4/7.

Going to give it a ride tomorrow morning with a crispy AD-TP 7TX!! I'll edit this post with an update after the round with impressions/thoughts.

Shipped my OG sim back to Tm on Feb 28... still waiting ....

• Sad 1

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

Put an order in for a LH Sim2 Ti 3w with Rogue Silver X and LH Sim2 3 hybrid with Tensei blue X on March 19 through the custom Taylormade Canada website. Was quoted April 14 for the hybrid and May 20 for the 3 wood. Both shipped today (20 days). Very pleased with the turnaround time and should receive them early next week.

Was surprised to see them coming from Tijuana and not Carlsbad, but I won’t complain! Upgrading from V Steel 3 and 5 wood with steel shafts that I’ve had in the bag for at least 15 years, so excited to see the performance gains!

What a pleasant surprise! A box from taylormade was at the front door when I came back from work. It arrived about 3 weeks early. It was still delayed for 1.5month from the original shipping date, but I was happy that it's finally here.

So, I tested it out with my current gamer, Sim 9.0(7.5°) with diamana tx 60g shaft. 

Compared to my sim driver, sim2 was 10-15yds shorter in carry distance and 20yds more left. I tried with both diamana 60g TX shaft and Ventus velocore 6x shaft, but it had similar result. When I thought I hit it solid, the ball went left. Maybe it's the timing issue just like when I struggled with sim driver when I first got it. 

I thought sim2 would take my sim out of the bag right away, but I guess I have to adjust it and test it again.

20210408_192411.jpg

• Like 4

Nike [color=#0000CD] Vapor Fly Pro Limited [/color]driver 9.5* Whiteboard 70g X-stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor Flex [/color]3 wood 15* Whiteboard 80g Stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor[/color] [color=#99FF00]Flex [/color]5 wood 19* Whiteboard 80g Stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor Pro[/color] 3-PW S300 / Vapor Pro Combo 3-PW X-100 
Nike Engage wedge 52* Square
Nike Engage wedge 58* Toesweep
Nike [color=#0000CD]Origin B1-01 [/color][color=#000000]35"[/color] Putter with TW Proto Grip
Nike 2016 Platinum Cart Bag
IG airbong23

Ordered the driver on 2/20....

I was supposed to get it on early April.

Now it says I will get it on early May...

I should have gone with other drivers.

TaylorMade SIM 2 MAX Ventus Black Velocore
Ping G400 2 Hybrid Tour AD DI
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged Irons
Titleist Vokey SM8s
Bettinardi Tour DASS
Pro V1X low number

6 hours ago, bongta029 said:

What a pleasant surprise! A box from taylormade was at the front door when I came back from work. It arrived about 3 weeks early. It was still delayed for 1.5month from the original shipping date, but I was happy that it's finally here.

So, I tested it out with my current gamer, Sim 9.0(7.5°) with diamana tx 60g shaft. 

Compared to my sim driver, sim2 was 10-15yds shorter in carry distance and 20yds more left. I tried with both diamana 60g TX shaft and Ventus velocore 6x shaft, but it had similar result. When I thought I hit it solid, the ball went left. Maybe it's the timing issue just like when I struggled with sim driver when I first got it. 

I thought sim2 would take my sim out of the bag right away, but I guess I have to adjust it and test it again.

20210408_192411.jpg

Any particular reason why you lofted up for SIM2? By most accounts, the new head tends to launch a little higher or spin slightly more than the original. Going from a 7.5 degree SIM to a 10.5 (8.5 in lower) head is probably going to yield some weird results. 

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

9 hours ago, GooseHook said:

Any particular reason why you lofted up for SIM2? By most accounts, the new head tends to launch a little higher or spin slightly more than the original. Going from a 7.5 degree SIM to a 10.5 (8.5 in lower) head is probably going to yield some weird results. 

I thought sim2 would be less spinny from the reviews I saw. I have about 14-15 launch angle, so I thought 16°-17° would give me more air time. I might have miscalculated. I'm still tinkering with 2 shafts I have. I'll see if I can find the right setting, or I just have to go back down to 9°.

Nike [color=#0000CD] Vapor Fly Pro Limited [/color]driver 9.5* Whiteboard 70g X-stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor Flex [/color]3 wood 15* Whiteboard 80g Stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor[/color] [color=#99FF00]Flex [/color]5 wood 19* Whiteboard 80g Stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor Pro[/color] 3-PW S300 / Vapor Pro Combo 3-PW X-100 
Nike Engage wedge 52* Square
Nike Engage wedge 58* Toesweep
Nike [color=#0000CD]Origin B1-01 [/color][color=#000000]35"[/color] Putter with TW Proto Grip
Nike 2016 Platinum Cart Bag
IG airbong23

Quick review: 

I loved/hated my Sim 10.5 last year. Had some great rounds and rounds where I was leaving the face open and hitting monster blocks. Sold it and preordered a Sim2 10.5 with HZRDUS blue RDX after seeing good reviews of that shaft. Well the shaft was a bad fit for me as I don’t have a deliberate swing. Tried a Ventus Black 6X but appeared to be too low spin as I couldn’t keep a ball in the air. Grabbed a HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX and I now am loving the SIM2. The ball is launching high and straight with a slight cut as the miss (better than a block!). It’s definitely a more forgiving head than OG SIM, but I don’t think it’s any longer. Overall I’m thrilled with it, but don’t think it’s a massive upgrade from OG. I’ll definitely try a TSi3 at some point this year, but I’m really liking the SIM2. Sorry for you guys who are still waiting, it’s a frustrating year for equipment.

Taylormade not having the best Masters.... Their top driver in play is from like 5 years ago. I somehow am still intrigued by SIM2. 

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

Anyone know where to get a Sim2 Max D heel weights heavier than 24 gm. That is the heaviest I can find. (at Billy Bobs, eBay)

TITLEIST TSR 2 w/PX Evenflow Riptide

Titleist TSR2 16.5 w/Tensei Blue

Titleist TSR2 21w/Tensei Blue

Titleist TSR1 5h, 6h 7h w/Kuro Kage Black

Titleist 24 T-100 7-AW, Recoil 95

Titleist SM9 - 54, 60

Scotty Phantom X5, Scotty Squareback

Titleist ProV1, Callaway Chrome Tour

Vessel Player IV Pro

55 minutes ago, JasonPetermann said:

Anyone know where to get a Sim2 Max D heel weights heavier than 24 gm. That is the heaviest I can find. (at Billy Bobs, eBay)

Hotmelt is your friend. 

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

On 4/8/2021 at 7:59 AM, JasonPetermann said:

Anyone know if the face is deeper (taller) on the Sim2 Max compared to the OG Sim max?

PXL_20210412_030005287.jpg

PXL_20210412_030144122.jpg

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

Hotmelt is your friend. 

It is also permanent....

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

On 4/9/2021 at 7:56 AM, caller said:

Ordered the driver on 2/20....

I was supposed to get it on early April.

Now it says I will get it on early May...

I should have gone with other drivers.

I placed an order on 2/20 as well, same thing with multiple delays. My feeling is we've already been pushed back so many times they've said screw it, decided to cut their losses with a couple pissed off customers, and will continue to bump us to get more recent orders out... I'm not optimistic about seeing my driver before May.

On 4/6/2021 at 11:27 PM, humps said:

Any update on MySim2 delivery dates in Canada? 

Slow. My ETA is May 10. Order date Feb 24.

Edited by Lemonde

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Mizuno STZ Max 12.0 Project X Hzrdus Black RDX 70 6.5

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 MCA MMT 80X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Cobra Snakebite 23 V 58 Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

On 4/11/2021 at 12:36 AM, halfsumo said:

Taylormade not having the best Masters.... Their top driver in play is from like 5 years ago. I somehow am still intrigued by SIM2. 

Rose was rocking M1

TaylorMade SIM 2 MAX Ventus Black Velocore
Ping G400 2 Hybrid Tour AD DI
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged Irons
Titleist Vokey SM8s
Bettinardi Tour DASS
Pro V1X low number