Taylormade SIM 2.0

TRC723

1 minute ago, phizzy30 said:

Oh man, I also demolished the face on my old tour issue R11 dot head and that was toe side.  That one happened while I was at the range fine tuning my driver swing eons ago.  Lesson learned.  Never hit 15 balls in a row with driver with range balls that are as hard as rocks.  MY SIM MAX exploding was a total freak accident when I hit it off the 18th tee at one of the local munis and it felt really weird coming off the face and made a very strange sound at impact.  I get you about driver being too light to the point where the chances of spraying it increase exponentially.  I'm the same way.  Used to play my drivers at D3.  I then found out by adding more hot melt to the head and getting it up to 200 grams with a typical 70 gram range shaft puts me at D5 is what I should've gone with all along.  Better late then never, right?  Ever since then my dispersion has tightened up quite a bit.  I will still hit the occasional quacker, but am finding myself less often OB and more towards the tree line at worst on my bad drives. 

Back when I had the R11 I was desperately wanting to replace it with a 910D3 I had recently picked up but I couldn't ignore that the R11 was performing much better. I weighed them and found that the 910 measured D3 and the R11 was D8! I had been messing with the weights in the R11 and left something really heavy in there that I forgot about. Brought the 910 up to the same range and that driver stayed in the bag for about 5 years until it got stolen. The R11 was a backup that blew up one day and I got it replaced through my local dealer. Ever since then though i've always brought my driver head weights up, and it's a shame because the SIM2 that just landed in my lap would be perfect to mess with like that, but I refuse to let the OG SIM go just because I have something new and shiny. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

4 minutes ago, Valtiel said:

Back when I had the R11 I was desperately wanting to replace it with a 910D3 I had recently picked up but I couldn't ignore that the R11 was performing much better. I weighed them and found that the 910 measured D3 and the R11 was D8! I had been messing with the weights in the R11 and left something really heavy in there that I forgot about. Brought the 910 up to the same range and that driver stayed in the bag for about 5 years until it got stolen. The R11 was a backup that blew up one day and I got it replaced through my local dealer. Ever since then though i've always brought my driver head weights up, and it's a shame because the SIM2 that just landed in my lap would be perfect to mess with like that, but I refuse to let the OG SIM go just because I have something new and shiny. 

What's that saying?  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  😉

• Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

1 hour ago, tarrantian said:

Not seen this being talked about as yet, but as a loyal TM 'non-staffer' I'm noticing something I've not seen before at it relates to the pros...

Very few of the top guys (other than Rors) have tried and stuck with the SIM2 Drivers, most have gone back to the original SIM. Once again, can't recall a TM driver in the past 10 years that seemingly has not got the love of previous releases from the professional ranks.

All indications are is it's not resonating with their top staffers, etc. Most reviews seem to put it as a 'slightly' better performing club than the first SIM, but certainly the best of the best players out there aren't buying in...

Wonder if TM is pushing the panic button and wished they would have decided to hold off on SIM2 until 2022 which was rumoured per challenges posed by the pandemic.

Thoughts?? 

I said this when sim2 pics started floating....sim2 will be to sim as 17m series was to 16m series. 

The 16 m1 and 2 drivers were a big step up in tm's driver evolution. 

Sim was the next big evolution. 

Sim2 good. But hard to make major improvements to the sim.

Im in year 2 of my sim. First driver I ever bought upon initial release. Ordered it before they were generally available. I thought it was good all year last year. Then I saw posts on here about the pros going heavier weight back. I played last year with an extra 4g in the front track. I'm now in a setup with stock 10g front and 18g back.

Edited by getitdaily

19 hours ago, getitdaily said:

I said this when sim2 pics started floating....sim2 will be to sim as 17m series was to 16m series. 

The 16 m1 and 2 drivers were a big step up in tm's driver evolution. 

Sim was the next big evolution. 

Sim2 good. But hard to make major improvements to the sim.

Im in year 2 of my sim. First driver I ever bought upon initial release. Ordered it before they were generally available. I thought it was good all year last year. Then I saw posts on here about the pros going heavier weight back. I played last year with an extra 4g in the front track. I'm now in a setup with stock 10g front and 18g back.

Somewhat agree, except most pros went to the '17 M1 regardless....

Once again, the uptake of SIM2 in the professional ranks is nowhere near the number of pros who 'graduated' from M1 '16 to M1 '17. Just find it interesting and I'm sure TM can't be happy regardless...

I find they don't seem do a great job of involving their pros in the product development, and wonder if they should improve in this regard. The video where all the top staffers are trying out the 2021 line of putters is case in point, they hand them the finished product to really mixed commentary (Kudos for the transparency) - But wouldn't it make more sense to get their input before products are fully baked?

• Like 1
:taylormade-small: Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
:taylormade-small: BRNR Mini-Driver 11.5D* (Fujikura Vista Pro 55S
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
:taylormade-small: Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
:taylormade-small: My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters* (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride :taylormade-small: Pistol
:taylormade-small: My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
:taylormade-small: Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red) :taylormade-small: TP5 Golf Ball
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart / :skycaddie: SX550 GPS / :bushnell: ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

46 minutes ago, tarrantian said:

Once again, the uptake of SIM2 in the professional ranks is nowhere near the number of pros who 'graduated' from M1 '16 to M1 '17. Just find it interesting and I'm sure TM can't be happy regardless...

I find they don't seem do a great job of involving their pros in the product development, and wonder if they should improve in this regard. The video where all the top staffers are trying out the 2021 line of putters is case in point, they hand them the finished product to really mixed commentary (Kudos for the transparency) - But wouldn't it make more sense to get their input before products are fully baked?

I don’t know.  They are good at hyping “pics”.  Sounds like marketing to me.

Have Fun - Ready Golf - Repair Divots/Marks - FORE

50 minutes ago, tarrantian said:

Cracked my sim today. Replacement will have to be a sim2 from tm via Edwin watts. Guess I'm about to find out if sim2 is any good.

Does anyone know whether the 6.0 or 6.5 RDX Black will be closest to the 6.0 Smoke Green that came as stock in the OG SIM?

Currently playing a 9’ SIM and just looking for slightly more forgiveness in the head but I love the shaft.

Ive hit the 9’ SIM2 with 6.0 RDX and it seemed to be higher spin than my existing combo

Finding a fitter that I’d want to buy from around here that carries the 6.5 is virtually impossible

Well maybe I’m the only one out there but for me the SIM2 is a massive improvement over the original SIM. I love the deeper face and it is so much more stable than the original. I could not hit the SIM straight to save my life. Ended up with a Max D late last year. It is still a little fade bias for me. The SIM2 is a straight up rocket launcher for me! Toying with a SIM2 Max as well and that is by far the straightest driver I’ve ever played. I hit the regular SIM2 farther and it’s easier to work. I have a tough decision to make on what one is going to stay in the bag. I’ll probably end up keeping them both and selling the original SIM Max D! Should always have a back up driver right?!?

Edited by jetmech879

-Taylormade BRNR 11.5* set at 9.5* Ventus Red TR 7X playing 44.25”
-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 16* set at 15* Ventus Blue 8X

-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 19* Ventus Blue 9X

-Mizuno JPX 923 Forged4&5, Tour 6-PW Project X LS 6.5
-Titleist Vokey SM9 50F set to 51*, 56D, & 62M set to 61*

-Mizuno M-Craft OMOI Type 1 Blue Putter

Two rounds with the SIM2 this weekend and I think I can at least say it’s a big improvement over the original…for me.

The more lively feel and taller face are pluses, and more importantly I had ZERO big right misses. The RDX Black has a great feel but I might have to give my Atmos a run at it to see which one gets the most of our the head.

For now at least it feels like I can swing naturally and not fight my driver for dear life.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

4 hours ago, OutPerform said:

I was in an outdoor demo the other day and the bottom of the drivers were in pretty bad shape already.

How is yours holding up? I did order one and I’m thinking have you tried paint protection film on the bottom of the driver?

Unless you are smacking the bottom of the driver off the deck or have a tendency to hit your driver fat, you won't need any type of protection film. 

Edited by phizzy30

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

2 hours ago, OutPerform said:

I was in an outdoor demo the other day and the bottom of the drivers were in pretty bad shape already.

How is yours holding up? I did order one and I’m thinking have you tried paint protection film on the bottom of the driver?

Demo day drivers probably see 100x the normal wear and tear with all the handling and get likely get smacked into matts (by bad swings) more than your own driver would see in a lifetime. It should hold up just fine, but if you want to use film...go ahead. I don't believe it would cause any rules issues. 

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

44 minutes ago, StillCantPutt said:

I’m sure this has been answered but I can’t find it anywhere. 

Aside from the heavier weight in the rear, is the Max different in any other way than the standard SIM2? Anything internally different? Thanks!

The forward weight and positioning is different on each driver as well. Also face depth.

1 hour ago, StillCantPutt said:

I’m sure this has been answered but I can’t find it anywhere. 

Aside from the heavier weight in the rear, is the Max different in any other way than the standard SIM2? Anything internally different? Thanks!

I have a SIM2 and a SIM2 Max. The max for me is definitely a little higher spin also has a slightly higher pitch sound to it vs my standard SIM2. I don’t know if it’s just me noticing this of what. For me the SIM2 is more muted and longer in my testing. 

• Like 1

-Taylormade BRNR 11.5* set at 9.5* Ventus Red TR 7X playing 44.25”
-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 16* set at 15* Ventus Blue 8X

-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 19* Ventus Blue 9X

-Mizuno JPX 923 Forged4&5, Tour 6-PW Project X LS 6.5
-Titleist Vokey SM9 50F set to 51*, 56D, & 62M set to 61*

-Mizuno M-Craft OMOI Type 1 Blue Putter

17 hours ago, OutPerform said:

Only have 10 rounds under my belt with my SIM2 in the People’s Republic of Ontario, and agree with others no protection needed unless you’ve never swung a club before (or you’re so amazing you hit your driver off the deck all the time)…

:taylormade-small: Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
:taylormade-small: BRNR Mini-Driver 11.5D* (Fujikura Vista Pro 55S
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
:taylormade-small: Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
:taylormade-small: My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters* (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride :taylormade-small: Pistol
:taylormade-small: My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
:taylormade-small: Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red) :taylormade-small: TP5 Golf Ball
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart / :skycaddie: SX550 GPS / :bushnell: ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

So... I got my Sim 2 Max over the weekend.  The good; the headweight was increased because I ordered it at 45".  I got the hzrdus smoke black rdx shaft and a 9* head.  My old gamer is an M6 with the hzrdus smoke black and 9* head.  I will say that I have not been on a launch monitor with either, but I have hit plenty of balls on the range with both in a comparison.  I can't tell a difference between them.  They both have the same head weight, 202 gr, they both have the same shaft length, pretty close to the same shaft and both are 9* heads.  Bad shots still go right, good shots go high and from what I can tell, the same distance.  I'm not upset about getting it because I like "new and shiny", but for those who are on the fence.  Well, it's nothing special.  

In the bag

Driver: Taylormade Sim2 Max 9*

4w: Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero

Hybrid:  Apex 19 3h 20*

Hybrid:  Apex 19 4h 23*

Irons: Callaway Apex CF 19 5i-AW

W1: Vokey SM7 54* S

W2: Vokey SM8 60* L

Putter: Swag Handsome Too

10 minutes ago, trilerian said:

So... I got my Sim 2 Max over the weekend.  The good; the headweight was increased because I ordered it at 45".  I got the hzrdus smoke black rdx shaft and a 9* head.  My old gamer is an M6 with the hzrdus smoke black and 9* head.  I will say that I have not been on a launch monitor with either, but I have hit plenty of balls on the range with both in a comparison.  I can't tell a difference between them.  They both have the same head weight, 202 gr, they both have the same shaft length, pretty close to the same shaft and both are 9* heads.  Bad shots still go right, good shots go high and from what I can tell, the same distance.  I'm not upset about getting it because I like "new and shiny", but for those who are on the fence.  Well, it's nothing special.  

Shouldnt come as to much of a suprise
Look up rick shields where is tests drivers from each year i think, going back 10-15 years. Drivers hit on the screws go the same length pretty much. Where the new drivers might be better is forgiveness

• 4 weeks later...

Thinking about getting the mysim2 as I've got a discount I can use from a friend.  I'm currently in m6 with atmos black s shaft down .25 in.  Looking for a comparable shaft for the new one anyone have any similar shafts.  Was looking at the rogue silver 110 60 x stiff since it's a comparable weight.  I have the rogue 70 s in my sim 3 wood and love it!

1 hour ago, mrward5 said:

Thinking about getting the mysim2 as I've got a discount I can use from a friend.  I'm currently in m6 with atmos black s shaft down .25 in.  Looking for a comparable shaft for the new one anyone have any similar shafts.  Was looking at the rogue silver 110 60 x stiff since it's a comparable weight.  I have the rogue 70 s in my sim 3 wood and love it!

Nothing is super close to the ATMOS Black except the Ventus Black.

• Thanks 1

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

1 hour ago, bongta029 said:

Here is my mysim2. 

It looks alot better than stock sim2 imo.

ETA was initially 6 weeks, but got delayed due to the shaft not being available. So I just decided to get whatever shaft they had in stock (diamana s) since I already have diamana d+ 60g TX and ventus Black 6x.

20210519_200430.jpg

20210519_200445.jpg

20210519_200546.jpg

20210519_200505.jpg

20210523_093252.jpg

Beautiful!  Thinking I’ll just spring for that. Don’t love the blue they used this year. 

1 hour ago, bongta029 said:

Here is my mysim2. 

It looks alot better than stock sim2 imo.

ETA was initially 6 weeks, but got delayed due to the shaft not being available. So I just decided to get whatever shaft they had in stock (diamana s) since I already have diamana d+ 60g TX and ventus Black 6x.

20210519_200430.jpg

20210519_200445.jpg

20210519_200546.jpg

20210519_200505.jpg

20210523_093252.jpg

Driver of choice for Bat Man 

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix

Late to the game here given the 95 pages of SIM2 believers who pulled the trigger before me, but just received my SIM2 9* w/ Ventus Black 6X at 45" playing length (only took 1 week from order to delivery!). Looks like they added a heavier TPS weight as well, as others have pointed out on custom orders. 203g head weight w/ screw, no adapter. Need to get swing weight checked, but this will be up against my beloved Titleist TSi3 w/ Tensei Orange CK Pro 60TX. Sadly, SIM2 outperformed TSi3 at my fitting session and I'm bracing myself for similar on course results.

• Like 2

for guys looking for weights 

The same weights that I used in my M4 work in the sim2. 

just got my sim2 warranty replacement in today. Head came in at 196.1g

used the same weights from this kit and swapped it out in 5 seconds 

sitting right at 200.1g now. 

maiden voyage tomorrow morning at 730am

D1146BF6-43DE-4B64-B7C3-1C17EA59A79D.jpeg

3653BA93-0944-4C57-8A98-428E3372196C.jpeg

• Like 2

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

First round this morning. Man this thing is sweet! 

on the range I initially had it set at 7.5* ( 9* head) but was Fading it a bit to much. Loved the height just to much movement to the right. 

then moved it into the upright setting but still had the loft at 7.5*. Wow! 

Perfect. 

the sound is much more muted then my tour issue M4 with melt and feels softer as well. A lot softer sounding then then the OG sim at this one replaced.

was a windy day today and I still drove it unreal. The perfect amount of spin. 1 bad swing today but was still in play. 

I adjusted the head weight to 200g , ventus black 6x tipped 1/2” and playing at 45” . 122 mph with the driver. 

Probably my most favourite TM driver to date! 

• Like 3

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

1 hour ago, Kale_m said:

First round this morning. Man this thing is sweet! 

on the range I initially had it set at 7.5* ( 9* head) but was Fading it a bit to much. Loved the height just to much movement to the right. 

then moved it into the upright setting but still had the loft at 7.5*. Wow! 

Perfect. 

the sound is much more muted then my tour issue M4 with melt and feels softer as well. A lot softer sounding then then the OG sim at this one replaced.

was a windy day today and I still drove it unreal. The perfect amount of spin. 1 bad swing today but was still in play. 

I adjusted the head weight to 200g , ventus black 6x tipped 1/2” and playing at 45” . 122 mph with the driver. 

Probably my most favourite TM driver to date! 

It's definitely a performing driver. I likely would have kept mine if I would have been able to have that front weight toe side rather than heel side. I want a touch of fade spin nearly guaranteed and I hit just a couple of drives over 2 days that went dead straight and left me with a shot over or around trees. On tight holes I lean on that fade spin from my sim. I aim left and just swing hard left. Sim2 was not bad at all. Just went a little too straight (I know, I know) whereas my sim is setup so I can pretty much guarantee a fade and hit a draw easily when I need it too.

I just happen to have a sim setup that I hugely trust. 17g backweight (18g total backweight with lead tape). Slider weight toe side of center. Head setup upright and closed one notch. 

I also preferred the hard sound and feel of sim. Sim2 felt and sounded soft and springy. It went...and went well, but it was springy feeling.

If TM comes out with a moveable weight sim2 next year then I'll test it for sure.

I have had a TM 40% discount coupon burning my pocket for a few years after they messed up on a P790 UDI warranty issue. 

I was planning to use this summer anyway but then I cracked my only driver (not very WRX of me) which meant I definitely was. I went a couple of times and hit balls via TM fitters and have gone with a SIM2 8 head with Ventus Black 6X playing -0.50" length and soft 1.0" on the tipping. I also added a Sim2 15 fairway with Ventus Blue 7X playing -0.25" length and soft 1.0" on the tipping also. My fitting was mainly based around the driver and I was actually recommended 1.5" total tipping as I struggle with spin but I'm only a 105-111 swing speed on the course and I was concerned about making it that stout. My plan was to add a 5 fairway also but for my home course I don't think it's most suitable, a 3 hybrid or utility is more useful.

I have read this thread a couple of times and most of the internet on this subject so I appreciate all the pages with great information on SIM2 and related info. Shipping is estimated for mid July so we'll see when it comes, hopefully sooner rather than later.

• 7 months later...

I’m not sure if it is discussed in these 95 pages but does anyone have a face depth comparison between the original sim Max D and the entire sim2 line?  I had a buddy that hit the original and the regular sim2 and he thought the face depth was close from memory but I’d like something better than his memory lol