Taylormade SIM 2.0

TRC723

Apparently TM has a massive shipping backlog at their build facilities. The guys at DD's confirmed twice  that my driver had been built  over the last 10 days and it still has not shipped. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but that is the situation. 

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

54 minutes ago, GooseHook said:

Apparently TM has a massive shipping backlog at their build facilities. The guys at DD's confirmed twice  that my driver had been built  over the last 10 days and it still has not shipped. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but that is the situation. 

I had a Sim 8* head I took to my local retailer for warranty as the face caved on March 4 and the replacement won’t come until May 19. So much for having it for US Open locals. 

I ordered a 9* Max on April 10th 

AV Raw blue X flex with Z grip midsize 

Nothing special. Everything else is standard. 

estimated to arrive June 10th 

I'll prob forget I ordered it by the time it gets here...

CP

• Sad 1

Stealth Plus 9*  Ventus Blue Velocore 6X
Callaway epic flash 15* 2KXV Blue 7X
Callaway UW 19* Trono 75X
Miura MB001 4-PW KBS Tour X +1/2"
RTX Zipcore raw 52/56 mid

Vokey 60* M Grind
Bettinardi BB8W 

I just got a SIM 2 head to try. Personally I don't get along with TM stuff. Original SIM was long but misses were so bad I gave up after a couple of rounds. Haven't tried SIM 2 on the course but on the range feel was incredible, specially with range balls. Not a big fan of carbon crowns but this one delivers, you can actually feel the ball smashing in the face. It's definitely on par with my TSi4. Will report back after I play a couple of rounds.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2021 at 3:42 PM, Cactus Jack said:

I received my SIM 2 9* with RDX Smoke Blue today. Delivery took 4 weeks and 1 day. My fairway woods didn't arrive, and it sounds like they'll fall in the 6-8 week range. 

How do you like the RDX Smoke Blue? I'm buying one to test against the stock Ventus 5S as it feels too tip whippy.

Thanks!

Taylormade SIM2 Max 10.5 with HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX

Taylormade SIM2 Max 3 HL (16.5) with stock Ventus Blue 6S

Haywood Signature Driving Iron 18 with MMT 90S

Apex 4-5 with MMT 95S

Apex Pro 6-PW with MMT 95S

Cleveland RTX4 50, 54, 58 degree wedges

Odyssey putter

6 hours ago, brettmag said:

How do you like the RDX Smoke Blue? I'm buying one to test against the stock Ventus 5S as it feels too tip whippy.

Thanks!

I haven't played the stock Ventus, but I do have a Velocore version. In my opinion the Blue and Ventus feel very similar. Honestly, in a blind test, it would be hard to tell them apart. Personally, I love the Blue. The shaft provides an incredible load sensation followed by a lively kick into the ball. It doesn't feel tip whippy, but it does provide a lot of action, primarily through the mid section. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nickosbad said:

Those of you who have gone from OG SIM to SIM2...are you playing the same loft to get similar launch/flight??

10.5 seems a very popular head on tour which seems higher than previous years

I had 9 on OG sim. I went with 10.5 on Sim2 and I can't hit it straight. It's all going left. Going to sell 10.5 and get mysim2 9.0, hopefully that solves the issue. 

Nike [color=#0000CD] Vapor Fly Pro Limited [/color]driver 9.5* Whiteboard 70g X-stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor Flex [/color]3 wood 15* Whiteboard 80g Stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor[/color] [color=#99FF00]Flex [/color]5 wood 19* Whiteboard 80g Stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor Pro[/color] 3-PW S300 / Vapor Pro Combo 3-PW X-100 
Nike Engage wedge 52* Square
Nike Engage wedge 58* Toesweep
Nike [color=#0000CD]Origin B1-01 [/color][color=#000000]35"[/color] Putter with TW Proto Grip
Nike 2016 Platinum Cart Bag
IG airbong23

24 minutes ago, bongta029 said:

I had 9 on OG sim. I went with 10.5 on Sim2 and I can't hit it straight. It's all going left. Going to sell 10.5 and get mysim2 9.0, hopefully that solves the issue. 

Theoretically, if you turned the loft down wouldn't that open the face? I believe this is why a lot of pros are playing the 10.5 model. Worth a try.

6 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

I haven't played the stock Ventus, but I do have a Velocore version. In my opinion the Blue and Ventus feel very similar. Honestly, in a blind test, it would be hard to tell them apart. Personally, I love the Blue. The shaft provides an incredible load sensation followed by a lively kick into the ball. It doesn't feel tip whippy, but it does provide a lot of action, primarily through the mid section. 

I’ve got the Blue 60 in my driver, I don’t ‘feel’ the mid section kick, but I have seen an uptick in CHS of around 3mph, likely from the kick and/or CB.

However, I definitely feel the kick in my Blue 3wd 70 shaft, actually I feel it more sort of compress as I hit the ball if that makes sense?

The shaft/head combo in my 3 wood comes out super low/low and fast- it’s so much better than the M5 with stock Tensei I came from.

I have a 70g blue which I’m trying in my Driver today (you know, because) Curious to see what changes that makes to numbers and if I feel the kick more with it. 

Love the driver and 3 wood - best in a long long time, I’ve never seen clubs sit squarer this side of a Newport 2.

Long story short, I'm probably going to be getting a Sim 2.  Current gamer is the m6 with the hzrdus smoke black 70g shaft and 9 degree head.  I hit up a few degrees on my driver, so I am thinking I should stick with the 9 degree head and a low launch shaft still.  Driver fitting isn't an option right now without spending too much and I will be ordering straight from TM since I have a coupon code.  Recommendations from anyone for a shaft?  Swing speed is ~100 mph, and I am just starting swing speed training, so hope to get to 110.  for more info, I don't really load my current shaft much, but that is the way I like it, I can't stand a whippy feel.  I've tried Tensei blue and some other mid launch shafts in the 60 gr range and they feel like noodles to me.  

In the bag

Driver: Taylormade Sim2 Max 9*

4w: Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero

Hybrid:  Apex 19 3h 20*

Hybrid:  Apex 19 4h 23*

Irons: Callaway Apex CF 19 5i-AW

W1: Vokey SM7 54* S

W2: Vokey SM8 60* L

Putter: Swag Handsome Too

16 hours ago, nickosbad said:

Those of you who have gone from OG SIM to SIM2...are you playing the same loft to get similar launch/flight??

10.5 seems a very popular head on tour which seems higher than previous years

I am playing the same shaft.  The OG SIM was 9*, SIM 2, 8*.  Needed something to lower my launch 2 degrees and my spin down 200 rpm.  Things worked out marvelously.  10.5 is way too loft for me even if I crank it open to the max. 

Edited by phizzy30

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

14 minutes ago, trilerian said:

Long story short, I'm probably going to be getting a Sim 2.  Current gamer is the m6 with the hzrdus smoke black 70g shaft and 9 degree head.  I hit up a few degrees on my driver, so I am thinking I should stick with the 9 degree head and a low launch shaft still.  Driver fitting isn't an option right now without spending too much and I will be ordering straight from TM since I have a coupon code.  Recommendations from anyone for a shaft?  Swing speed is ~100 mph, and I am just starting swing speed training, so hope to get to 110.  for more info, I don't really load my current shaft much, but that is the way I like it, I can't stand a whippy feel.  I've tried Tensei blue and some other mid launch shafts in the 60 gr range and they feel like noodles to me.  

Low/low shafts that are tip stiff would probably be a better fit for you since you don't seem to get along with blue board profiles.  Ventus Black, CK pro white, GD XC, or any of the low/low shafts from PX would probably be right up your alley. 

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

3 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

Low/low shafts that are tip stiff would probably be a better fit for you since you don't seem to get along with blue board profiles.  Ventus Black, CK pro white, GD XC, or any of the low/low shafts from PX would probably be right up your alley. 

Thanks, that is what I figured.  Just trying to decide if I want to spend the extra $ and get a black Velocore or stick with the Hzrdus.  

Also, during the customization you can't change the tip stiffness (length)  to pluses anymore.  Does that mean Taylormade has stopped tipping their shafts?  My Hzrdus smoke was a TM shaft, so it should be tipped 1", kind of curious how not having it tipped will feel.  

Edited by trilerian

In the bag

4 minutes ago, trilerian said:

Thanks, that is what I figured.  Just trying to decide if I want to spend the extra $ and get a black Velocore or stick with the Hzrdus.  

Also, during the customization you can't change the tip stiffness (length)  to pluses anymore.  Does that mean Taylormade has stopped tipping their shafts?  My Hzrdus smoke was a TM shaft, so it should be tipped 1", kind of curious how not having it tipped will feel.  

Yeah, stock TM shafts are tipped an inch which is factory standard for them.  As for not tipping a driver shaft and I've gone that route before; there's not much difference in feel IMO.  The only significant thing is it lowers spin and it can tighten up dispersion for some. 

Edited by phizzy30

On 4/22/2021 at 9:50 AM, copegolfer said:

I ordered a 9* Max on April 10th 

AV Raw blue X flex with Z grip midsize 

Nothing special. Everything else is standard. 

estimated to arrive June 10th 

I'll prob forget I ordered it by the time it gets here...

CP

Because of the grip.. Stock TM grip you would of had it already.  Apparently there’s a boat waiting to dock in the Pacific Ocean with millions of grips on it.  

Edited by IUPGolf

TM M5 9* Fuji Tour Spec 63x Mizuno ST190 15* Tensei White 7x TM M1 Hybrid 19* Fuji Atmos blue x Mizuno 919 tour 7-pw Nippon Modus 120x Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli Hi 3-6 Nippon Modus 120x Cleveland RTX4 52,56,60 DG Tour Issue S400 Odyssey Stroke Lab R-Ball TM TP5

1 hour ago, phizzy30 said:

Yeah, stock TM shafts are tipped an inch which is factory standard for them.  As for not tipping a driver shaft and I've gone that route before; there's not much difference in feel IMO.  The only significant thing is it lowers spin and it can tighten up dispersion for some. 

I took the plunge and ordered with the Hzrdus smoke black rdx 70.  Should ship out by the end of next month, lol.  

EDIT:  I did adjust the playing length by taking .75 away, I play my driver at 45".  Does TM adjust the clubhead weight to accommodate for swing weight?

Edited by trilerian

In the bag

1 hour ago, IUPGolf said:

Because of the grip.. Stock TM grip you would of had it already.  Apparently there’s a boat waiting to dock in the Pacific Ocean with millions of grips on it.  

I owe you one @IUPGolf 

Just called and had them send stock grip and it took 3 weeks off build time. 
I'll just put preferred grip on at golf shop once it gets here. 

Thanks again.

CP

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Vokey 60* M Grind
Bettinardi BB8W 

What @IUPGolf said is dead on. The Suez Canal backup made the current backlog of items even worse. 

• Like 1

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Got a status update on my order for those interested.

I ordered a SIM 2 driver on March 22 (9* w/ Diamana ZF 60X & GP tour wrap) and a SIM 2 rescue on April 7 (3i/19* w/ Ventus velocore Blue 90X & TM z grip). Both ordered through Golfio

Was told today the hybrid is going through final checks and about to ship, but the driver shaft is on backorder until late May and likely won't ship until June. 😕

Bummed but not surprised.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trilerian said:

I took the plunge and ordered with the Hzrdus smoke black rdx 70.  Should ship out by the end of next month, lol.  

EDIT:  I did adjust the playing length by taking .75 away, I play my driver at 45".  Does TM adjust the clubhead weight to accommodate for swing weight?

Good question.  I would guess they do.  According to TM the SIM 2 with their stock shaft offerings comes out to D5 but that's at 45.75 inches I believe. 

Edited by phizzy30

2 hours ago, copegolfer said:

I owe you one @IUPGolf 

Thanks again.

CP

3 weeks added because of a freakin' grip.  That's just disgusting.  I'm glad to see though that you will get your SIM 2 soon though. 

Had a driver fitting today and surprisingly (to me at least) ended up in the SIM2 Max.  Other contender was TSi3 but couldn’t get the spin to where we wanted. Could have probably gone SIM2, but with only 150ish rpm difference in spin went with the Max rather than waiting 4-6 weeks for the standard head.

Now have the 10.5* set @ 8.5* with my HZRDUS RDX blue 🇺🇸 edition in the bag.

Ping G430 Max 9* HZRDUS Smoke RDX Blue 🇺🇸 LE

TM SIM Ti 5w Fuji Atmos Blue TS 7x

Ping G410 3h Fuji Atmos Blue TS 8HY

Titleist 816 5h Diamana Blue

Mizuno 919 Forged 6-P, HM Pro 5

Ping Glide Stealth 50 SS, 54 WS, 58 ES

Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2022 slant

TM TP5

20 hours ago, alwaysmooth said:

Theoretically, if you turned the loft down wouldn't that open the face? I believe this is why a lot of pros are playing the 10.5 model. Worth a try.

Yes, I was actually playing 2 clicks down with Sim which is -1.5° and 3° open. My shots are draws so even with open face I hit a little draw or push and with 10.5° 2 clicks down even with 3 clicks down, it still had too much right to left for me.

Nike [color=#0000CD] Vapor Fly Pro Limited [/color]driver 9.5* Whiteboard 70g X-stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor Flex [/color]3 wood 15* Whiteboard 80g Stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor[/color] [color=#99FF00]Flex [/color]5 wood 19* Whiteboard 80g Stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor Pro[/color] 3-PW S300 / Vapor Pro Combo 3-PW X-100 
Nike Engage wedge 52* Square
Nike Engage wedge 58* Toesweep
Nike [color=#0000CD]Origin B1-01 [/color][color=#000000]35"[/color] Putter with TW Proto Grip
Nike 2016 Platinum Cart Bag
IG airbong23

Just received my custom SIM2 Max (ordered on March 20 and received April 23- I feel lucky!).  One short range session and so far and it's a bit more forgiving than OG SIM Max, feels maybe a bit better to me with the classic TM muted hot feeling, and at least as long.  RDX Blue 6.0s shaft is new to me so will be interesting to see results on the course (tomorrow).  I gamed the OG (with Smoke Green 6.0) only a short period due to inconsistency, despite having one of my better driving rounds with it, but really loved the sound and feel (and results when struck well) so I was fit for this combo and giving it a go (and fortunate enough to take advantage of the custom).  Currently going up against the Epic Speed and Mavrik with PX Smoke 6.0s.  If the range session is any indication, it will earn its way into the #1 spot quickly.  I love the feel of the Speed and am getting good distance but fight a fade/push fade for some reason.  Certainly could be my swing but not having that issue with the SIM2/RDX Blue so far.  Ventus Black, GD DI, IZ, TP, and Diamana Pro Wht 1k 60s on the way from shaftshack.com for some additional testing...

TM Custom Top2.jpg

TM Custom Bottom.jpg

TM Custom FrontTop.jpg

• Like 3

Cally Epic Speed and Mavrik Std 9* with Tensei 1k White 50s, Titleist TSi2 4w RDX Black, Callaway Apex 3 Hybrid 19* 70S, Titleist TSi2 4Hy, Mizuno 223 PX 5.5IO PW-5i, Titleist 50.08F, 54.10S, 58.08M, Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft Premier 11 35" putter; Driver SS 99-104mph, 4.0 index

23 hours ago, copegolfer said:

I owe you one @IUPGolf 

Thanks again.

CP

Glad you are getting it sooner rather than later.  

TM M5 9* Fuji Tour Spec 63x Mizuno ST190 15* Tensei White 7x TM M1 Hybrid 19* Fuji Atmos blue x Mizuno 919 tour 7-pw Nippon Modus 120x Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli Hi 3-6 Nippon Modus 120x Cleveland RTX4 52,56,60 DG Tour Issue S400 Odyssey Stroke Lab R-Ball TM TP5

21 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

3 weeks added because of a freakin' grip.  That's just disgusting.  I'm glad to see though that you will get your SIM 2 soon though. 

It’s nothing on TMs end they are waiting for the grips to arrive to their facility.  Definitely sucks for the consumers having to wait months+ right when the weather is getting better in the north.  

3 hours ago, Freddie said:

Just received my custom SIM2 Max (ordered on March 20 and received April 23- I feel lucky!).  One short range session and so far and it's a bit more forgiving than OG SIM Max, feels maybe a bit better to me with the classic TM muted hot feeling, and at least as long.  RDX Blue 6.0s shaft is new to me so will be interesting to see results on the course (tomorrow).  I gamed the OG (with Smoke Green 6.0) only a short period due to inconsistency, despite having one of my better driving rounds with it, but really loved the sound and feel (and results when struck well) so I was fit for this combo and giving it a go (and fortunate enough to take advantage of the custom).  Currently going up against the Epic Speed and Mavrik with PX Smoke 6.0s.  If the range session is any indication, it will earn its way into the #1 spot quickly.  I love the feel of the Speed and am getting good distance but fight a fade/push fade for some reason.  Certainly could be my swing but not having that issue with the SIM2/RDX Blue so far.  Ventus Black, GD DI, IZ, TP, and Diamana Pro Wht 1k 60s on the way from shaftshack.com for some additional testing...

TM Custom Top2.jpg

TM Custom Bottom.jpg

TM Custom FrontTop.jpg

Nasty!!! Looks so clean in this color scheme. Making me wish I ordered a custom one as well lol.

3 hours ago, IUPGolf said:

It’s nothing on TMs end they are waiting for the grips to arrive to their facility.  Definitely sucks for the consumers having to wait months+ right when the weather is getting better in the north.  

Went to local PGASS today and was able to buy the last midsize Z grip they had. So I’ll have it ready when my driver comes in. I was blown away by the lack of grip availability! 
CP

Vokey 60* M Grind
Bettinardi BB8W 

I have been loving my SIM2 driver with Accra TZ5 shaft in it. Has been a great match up for me and given me the ability to hit fades off the tee again. My next move is possibly the SIM2 5 wood. Wondering if anyone has played the 5 wood yet and had success?

Driver: Ping G430LST - Diamana GT 60tx

3 Wood:  TM Stealth 3W - Diamana GT 70tx

5 Wood: Ping G430 Max 5W - Tensei Pro Orange 80tx

Irons: Taylormade P770 4-PW - Modus 130s

Wedges: Vokey SM8 50.14F Modus 130x, SM9 54.12 - 58.12 - Modus 130x 

Putter: Ping PLD Anser