MEMBER REVIEWS: Fujikura Ventus HB Hybrid & Utility Shafts! See What Members Are Saying!

knudson81

4 hours ago, getitdaily said:

1/2 at your speed won't be too stiff. I'm slower than you and have mine 1/2 tipped. It's perfect for me in the head I have it in.

It’s funny it was actually reading your post back in this thread that first made me look at getting it .5” tipped 😂

Do you get enough height/stopping power on that bad boy?

On 7/23/2021 at 11:25 PM, Htk084 said:

It’s funny it was actually reading your post back in this thread that first made me look at getting it .5” tipped 😂

Do you get enough height/stopping power on that bad boy?

Yes. It's a 21* ts2 turned down to 20.25. I also play a fade. 

Edited by getitdaily

(SS: 108-112). I've got Blue 9x in Mizuno HMB 2 iron (tipped zero) and 4 iron (tipped 1/2). Both have lots of feel and produce a decent amount of launch and spin, which I like because they are usable hitting into greens. The 2i feels a little too loose and I would probably tip it 1/2 in. if I were doing it over again. And if you're looking for low bullet driving iron numbers, I wound definitely go straight to black. But blue works perfectly for how I play my long irons.

The only compliant I have is that these clubs feel incredibly light (and measure very light on scale). I went from 114g Modus steel to 95g Ventus graphite, so the drop in swing weight should have been a point or two, but it was more like 5-6 points. I had been using lead tape to get the weights up but finally just embraced the light feel and found a way to make it work. As long as I don't get too quick, these clubs are ridiculously easy to hit. 

Titleist TSR3 1w Ventus Red x

Titleist TSR2 3w 5w GD AD DIx

Titleist TSR2 4h 5h GD AD Dix

Titleist T100 6i-9i X100 Tour

Titleist SM09 Pw-Lw S400 Tour

Titleist Pro V1 White Hot OG5

29 minutes ago, uglande said:

(SS: 108-112). I've got Blue 9x in Mizuno HMB 2 iron (tipped zero) and 4 iron (tipped 1/2). Both have lots of feel and produce a decent amount of launch and spin, which I like because they are usable hitting into greens. The 2i feels a little too loose and I would probably tip it 1/2 in. if I were doing it over again. And if you're looking for low bullet driving iron numbers, I wound definitely go straight to black. But blue works perfectly for how I play my long irons.

The only compliant I have is that these clubs feel incredibly light (and measure very light on scale). I went from 114g Modus steel to 95g Ventus graphite, so the drop in swing weight should have been a point or two, but it was more like 5-6 points. I had been using lead tape to get the weights up but finally just embraced the light feel and found a way to make it work. As long as I don't get too quick, these clubs are ridiculously easy to hit. 

They can swingweight a little light in a driving iron , all dependent on the grips and head weight of how much, but Golfworks has rubber tungsten tip weights that I've used with success in the HB for DI's. Have you tried tip weights? 

I got a Ventus Blue HB 9X installed into my 2021 Callaway X forged 18* UT and it really brought it to life vs the MMT 105TX that I originally ordered. Low / Mid trajectory and chases out like crazy. Once it starts getting wet in the PACNW I am curious to see how it plays as carry is king then. So far I am blown away by the entire Ventus line. Put them in Driver, 3 Wood, Hybrid and Utility. @Fujikura Golf when are the Ventus iron shafts coming out?lol! Just take my $$$$ now if they are over 120 grams! 

• Like 1

WITB - 4/2/24

Driver: TSR3 - 9* HZRDUS Black G4 6.5

4W: TSR3 16.5* - HZRDUS Black G4 6.5

7W: TSR2 21* - Ventus Blue 7X

Srixon ZX-4 4-5 $-Taper 130X - SSX1

Srixon ZX-7 6-PW $-taper 130X

Ping S159 - 50S/54H/58H - DG X100TI
TaylorMade TP Collection Juno
Testing: Odyssey AI One Rossie S

31 minutes ago, byoshio82 said:

I got a Ventus Blue HB 9X installed into my 2021 Callaway X forged 18* UT and it really brought it to life vs the MMT 105TX that I originally ordered. Low / Mid trajectory and chases out like crazy. Once it starts getting wet in the PACNW I am curious to see how it plays as carry is king then. So far I am blown away by the entire Ventus line. Put them in Driver, 3 Wood, Hybrid and Utility. @Fujikura Golf when are the Ventus iron shafts coming out?lol! Just take my $$$$ now if they are over 120 grams! 

The black profile in a 115g+ iron shaft would certainly get my attention! 

Edited by golffeen007

1 hour ago, golffeen007 said:

They can swingweight a little light in a driving iron , all dependent on the grips and head weight of how much, but Golfworks has rubber tungsten tip weights that I've used with success in the HB for DI's. Have you tried tip weights? 

I haven't, but that's a good thought, especially because I am thinking of moving to a 3i/5i instead of 2i/4i. I could add the weights when I switch out the shafts. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, uglande said:

You can get a tungsten tip weight for graphite to up the sw... it'll extend the playing length about 1/4 inch.

Edited by getitdaily

24 minutes ago, getitdaily said:

You can get a tungsten tip weight for graphite to up the sw... it'll extend the playing length about 1/4 inch.

Some DI's have a seat so that it won't affect it much. I bought the 21' Callaway X Forged UT and was surprised that it was seated enough to only change the depth bore about 1/8" , but If you only need a couple grams , you can slice the 1/4" tip in half and it won't affect playing length much at all. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Swapped the Ventus hyb into my Super hyb and liked it after on range session. Only shots off the deck. Ball height was great compared to the stock pro orange. So was the impact patterns. 

tenseiA0333F7E-41AB-48B6-ACAD-5BDF2A60E304.jpeg.83fd5d4fa42277b42169e7efacc6f5ef.jpeg

ventusDB28883A-4F58-483D-8916-083E1AA3FC7D.jpeg.86659ee367254cc6fb372cfb7b63e966.jpeg

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS with Ventus Black 6x 44.5"

4w: '22 Rogue ST LS 16.5  Tensei AV Blue 75x

7w: '22 Callaway Apex UW 21 80s MMT

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH 95

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long MOI matched

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid 

Putter: DF2.1 35"69* in blue

Ball: Srixon Z-star XV

On 7/24/2021 at 3:18 PM, TJ83 said:

Has anyone hit the ventus black or blue hb and the tensei pro hybrid? If so, what were the feel and ball flight differences for you?

I have the 100tx tensei pro in my ping crossover and it's good but the ventus black in my driver is so friggn' good I want to put a ventus in everything I can haha.  

I have the blue 90x an I have tried the tensei. It was not the 100 gram but I found the blue produced better launch meaning more launch angle but maintained the spin control. Plus I liked the stable feel better. Tensei has always felt loose to me.

• Like 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

23 hours ago, QuigleyDU said:

I have the blue 90x an I have tried the tensei. It was not the 100 gram but I found the blue produced better launch meaning more launch angle but maintained the spin control. Plus I liked the stable feel better. Tensei has always felt loose to me.

Thanks for the feedback! Thinking about getting a black for my driving iron since I have the black in driver and 3 wood haha. I knew this ventus experiment would escalate quickly 😅

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TJ83 said:

Thanks for the feedback! Thinking about getting a black for my driving iron since I have the black in driver and 3 wood haha. I knew this ventus experiment would escalate quickly 😅

They will take over your bag if you let it.. did mine. Basically every club that is composite is ventus. 

• Like 2

BALL; Chrome Soft X

Hello All, 

Great thread here! 

Has anyone put the Ventus HB into a Srixion Zx Utility 2i

I’m thinking  of the Blue as that’s what’s in my driver 7x and 8X in 3 wood.

Torn between 9X and 10X, driver SS is in the 112-115 range. Will be using this off the tee and fairway. 

Appreciate any feedback from anyone that as it set up in the Srixon 

Thx

• Like 1

On 10/28/2021 at 8:11 AM, Tigercogz said:

Hello All, 

Great thread here! 

Has anyone put the Ventus HB into a Srixion Zx Utility 2i

I’m thinking  of the Blue as that’s what’s in my driver 7x and 8X in 3 wood.

Torn between 9X and 10X, driver SS is in the 112-115 range. Will be using this off the tee and fairway. 

Appreciate any feedback from anyone that as it set up in the Srixon 

Thx

There's a review on YouTube from Sydney Golf Tech that you might find helpful

• Like 1

Also wanting Ventus iron shafts

• Like 2

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

On 10/31/2021 at 7:04 PM, EaglesGolf99 said:

@cardoustie .... Seriously? Is that a thing? 

No. At least not yet. Marshal from fuji was recently on a live Instagram feed with Knudson and they talked iron shafts. Seems like they are working on things (probably always are) and that something may be coming soon. But didn’t know what the name would be.

• Like 2

BALL; Chrome Soft X

I have played the Ventus Blue 9x HB in both a 4 iron and 2 iron. Nice shaft, plenty of feel. Seems to launch higher than the Ventus Blue that I have in my fairway woods. But I like the shaft a lot. Only complaint is that it brought my swing weight down by a LOT. Obviously moving from a steel Modus 120 to the 9x was going to do that. But it was way more than I expected. I've had to add a lot of lead tape to the head as a result, which I don't like.

If I were to do it over again, I would have some weight added to the head end during the install. 

Ventus blue HB 9x has been ok for me i just can't adjust to the what translates as a very soft whippy feel with my very aggressive transition results have been ok accuracy wise but to high and a little to much spin at times  black 9tx on order.

Titleist tsr3 8* C1 Diamana zf60tx 44.75”

Ping g425 LST 14.5 Diamana zf70tx 42.5”

PXG gen 2 5 wood 18* Diamana TB80tx 41”

PXG GEN 2  hybrid 22* Ventus blue 9x tip 1.5 inch 39”

Mizuno mp20 MMC 5-pw kbs c-taper 130X

Mizuno t20 50* kbs c-taper 130x

Mizuno ES21 54/58 kbs c-taper 130x

Ping Sigma G Kushin 33" custom flat cat svelte 

-prov1x

• 2 months later...

Curious if any of the Ventus Blue HB 10X users saw a difference between untipped and tipped in this shaft? Have a Black 10TX in my U500 right now, and like many of said I find myself really having to go at it to get her to wake up. Thinking the Blue might be more complimentary to my moderate transition. Would like something that I can still hit low bullets when needed, and not sure if the Blue allows for this, and if tipping slightly might help? 

TSR4 9* with Graphite Design AD-IZ 6X
SIM2 13.75* with PX Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70TX

SIM2 17.5* with PX Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 80TX
Srixon ZX7 4-9 with KBS $-Taper 130X
Titleist SM9 46F with KBS $-Taper 130X
Titleist SM9 50F with KBS $-Taper 130X

Titleist SM9 54S with KBS $-Taper 130X

Titleist SM8 58L with KBS $-Taper 130X
Brandon Matthews NO.1 CAP Custom

Titleist ProV1

49 minutes ago, GoldenBellGW said:

Curious if any of the Ventus Blue HB 10X users saw a difference between untipped and tipped in this shaft? Have a Black 10TX in my U500 right now, and like many of said I find myself really having to go at it to get her to wake up. Thinking the Blue might be more complimentary to my moderate transition. Would like something that I can still hit low bullets when needed, and not sure if the Blue allows for this, and if tipping slightly might help? 

9x blue user here.

A 10x in a u500 will do what you want. If you only want low bullets then tip it. Untipped will be just fine...it won't balloon on you at all.

2 minutes ago, getitdaily said:

9x blue user here.

A 10x in a u500 will do what you want. If you only want low bullets then tip it. Untipped will be just fine...it won't balloon on you at all.

Appreciate it - I'm a high ball player as is, so thinking tipping it might help. Was only going to go 1/2" which I know won't do a whole lot. So wondering if it is even worth it?

TSR4 9* with Graphite Design AD-IZ 6X
SIM2 13.75* with PX Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70TX

SIM2 17.5* with PX Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 80TX
Srixon ZX7 4-9 with KBS $-Taper 130X
Titleist SM9 46F with KBS $-Taper 130X
Titleist SM9 50F with KBS $-Taper 130X

Titleist SM9 54S with KBS $-Taper 130X

Titleist SM8 58L with KBS $-Taper 130X
Brandon Matthews NO.1 CAP Custom

Titleist ProV1

• 1 month later...

I’m looking to replace my tensei ck PO 80x shaft in my ping g425 19° hybrid with a ventus HB. I’ve just been fitted for a ventus red 6x in my driver and have a SS of 120+ in the driver. Will I be able to get the ventus black launching enough if I need to use it from the fairway? Primarily I want to be using this off the tee though!

Why can’t they make a tr hybrid shaft. The black is too boardy and they don’t offer it in a stiff but the blue is too soft. 

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S 

Callaway AI Smoke Max Project X Denali Black 70S 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5

Cleveland CBX4 50, 56, 60 KBS HI-REV 2.0 115 Wedges

Odyssey Dual Force Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

I hope they read this!

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S 

Callaway AI Smoke Max Project X Denali Black 70S 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff