2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Farmers Insurance Open 2021

MattyO1984

34 minutes ago, Holy Moses said:

It’s not worth it to the Tour to lie for Rory if anyone thinks that happened. If  video came out somehow showing no one stepping on Rory’s ball, it would be an enormous scandal. Few people were holding anything against Rory anyway.

The Tour only told Rory that's what the Marshall said. I'm still skeptical, but the Tour will plow on to next week as they should and leave this in the past.

• Like 1

SIM 8* Ventus Black 7x
Ping G25 3 wood Diamana D+ X

NLU 18* DI Ventus Black 10X
Muira 1957 4-PW X100 120
Vokey SM8 M 50*/Vokey SM4 S 56*/Vokey SM8 T 60*
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 35” 
Tour BX S

Well, now that the rest of the story has come out, that a Marshall stepped on Rorys ball, we know that Rorys was embedded.   Which still makes Patrick Reed a liar about his ball being embedded.  He has lost his Rory defense now...

• Like 1

Ping G430 LST 9*, Ka’ili White 60

TM Qi10 15*, Ventus TR Blue 60
Ping G430 19* hybrid, Kai’li White 80
Callaway Apex 21 4-AW, Pro Modus 3 Tour 120
Titleist SM9 52* F, Titleist SM10 58* D

Cameron Phantom X 11, 2021
Titleist ProV1

To think "the tour" fabricated this Rory ball stepped on story is absolutely BANANAS.  "lets create a situation where it is ok for Rory to cheat but not Reed"  The tour protected Reed, which makes that totally senseless. 

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

3 hours ago, ProStryker said:

Well, now that the rest of the story has come out, that a Marshall stepped on Rorys ball, we know that Rorys was embedded.   Which still makes Patrick Reed a liar about his ball being embedded.  He has lost his Rory defense now...

Funny how anyone questioning Reed was getting crucified this weekend after the Rory video came out and now camp Reed wants to move on.

Edited by t4t3r
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, t4t3r said:

Funny how anyone questioning Reed was getting crucified this weekend after the Rory video came out and now they want to move on.

or claim it was fabricated to protect Rory.  what a whacky few days

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

9 minutes ago, Wildwing55 said:

Agree.  Lanto does not need to be injecting himself into this either.

He was asked a question and he gave an answer. He didn’t initiate embedgate. 

• Like 1

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

40 minutes ago, t4t3r said:

Funny how anyone questioning Reed was getting crucified this weekend after the Rory video came out and now camp Reed wants to move on.

Some us that were defending Reed in this case gave you four days to prove your’s with some shed of evidence other than speculation. You still haven’t, but nice to have you back and show up just try and make it look like anyone who moved on is running for the hills like we are in some kind of defensive mode. Reed’s situation is still Reed’s situation...you still haven’t come up with anything to move that case forward. Nice try...but extremely weak attempt though. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

26 minutes ago, Golfrnut said:

Some us that were defending Reed in this case gave you four days to prove your’s with some shed of evidence other than speculation. You still haven’t, but nice to have you back and show up just try and make it look like anyone who moved on is running for the hills like we are in some kind of defensive mode. Reed’s situation is still Reed’s situation...you still haven’t come up with anything to move that case forward. Nice try...but extremely weak attempt though. 

I was hoping you would respond since you’ve been such a stalwart in these threads and expected you would get triggered by it. Keep proving the point that you’re incapable of even considering an opinion that doesn’t match yours by calling it “speculation” since you wanted everyone else to eat crow when, once again, we still didn’t have all the information. 

I’ll block you, and you can block me so neither of us have to read each other’s posts anymore and we can both truly “move on.”

14 minutes ago, t4t3r said:

I was hoping you would respond since you’ve been such a stalwart in these threads and expected you would get triggered by it. Keep proving the point that you’re incapable of even considering an opinion that doesn’t match yours by calling it “speculation” since you wanted everyone else to eat crow when, once again, we still didn’t have all the information. 

I’ll block you, and you can block me so neither of us have to read each other’s posts anymore and we can both truly “move on.”

You have facts in Reed’s case to bring to light?

And ‘triggered’?  Haha.  No. It’s one of the silliest terms I’ve heard of. 

• Like 1

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)

Spider Tour X3

Color me skeptical. I’m assuming (yes, I know what happens when you assume) the marshals receive training prior to going out there. If they step on a ball they’re going to tell the player. Now four days later he comes foreword?

But some video may well surface showing it happened, who knows. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, deadsolid...shank said:

Color me skeptical. I’m assuming (yes, I know what happens when you assume) the marshals receive training prior to going out there. If they step on a ball they’re going to tell the player. Now four days later he comes foreword?

7952A090-A72C-4641-AA38-AF37466B871A.jpeg

13 minutes ago, deadsolid...shank said:

Its almost like they waited four days to make sure any video didn’t surface first.

• Like 1

TM M6 9 Graphite Design HD 6x
TM M6 15 Graphite Design TP 7x
TM M6 18 Graphite Design VR 8x
Mizuno JPX 921 SEL 4-G Nippon SPO

Mizuno T22 56D, 61X Nippon SPO
Byron Morgan DH89 SSS 350g KBS CT Tour black

7 hours ago, deadsolid...shank said:

It’s a little weird, but the marshal supposedly came forward on Monday

• Like 1

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

6 hours ago, TheIncelGolfer said:

Golf.com with a hot take on CBS's universally hated start to Sunday's broadcast-

https://golf.com/news/patrick-reed-controversy-cbs-broadcast-tone/amp/

Does Viacom own golf.com? 

Never let a good scandal go to waste. Embedgate was a huge story at the time and I have no problem

talking about it for 11 minutes, but CBS should have shown golf in the corner and had the crew give their opinions.

• Like 1

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

3 hours ago, Holy Moses said:

Never let a good scandal go to waste. Embedgate was a huge story at the time and I have no problem

talking about it for 11 minutes, but CBS should have shown golf in the corner and had the crew give their opinions.

But you wouldn’t have been able to see the incredibly somber facial expressions as the game of golf was scarred for eternity.  I’m surprised no one wept. 

• Like 2

Spider Tour X3

11 hours ago, deadsolid...shank said:

most the marshals are senior citizens that volunteer and generally do some stupid things at times, not to be insensitive but most likely from their age. I’ve been to many tournaments and seen it, not uncommon. 

I’m not saying that it did happen but it very likely could have. The marshal is also putting himself out there by admitting to it after the fact 

Edited by Redjeep83

I always felt Tour guys get too much relief and consideration. The nature of the sport is they airmail a green, a grand stand or crowd acts as a backstop then they get a nice fluffy drop and carry on. Or they launch a wild one and there's 3 guys searching for the ball. I'm jealous, lol. So when PR plays by those rules and righteousness abounds, there's a stench of donkey manure because as an official stated it probably happened a dozen times that day. The clear benevolence given to Rory, as the persecution carried on further highlights the preening virtue signaling unleashed and running amok. It was all gag worthy. Still is.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The real problem lies in how the tour lets you deal with an embedded ball within the rules. Both Rory and Patrick did it by the rules, it just comes down to who has a more proven track record of being honest after seeing the ball bounce first. That’s why Patrick is getting all the hate and not Rory

2 hours ago, Golfrnut said:

But you wouldn’t have been able to see the incredibly somber facial expressions as the game of golf was scarred for eternity.  I’m surprised no one wept. 

I cried

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

14 hours ago, Holy Moses said:

I cried

proooove it!  🙂

Spider Tour X3

On 2/3/2021 at 6:18 PM, deadsolid...shank said:

Having marshalled at several events the formal training I received was pretty limited and really next to nothing.  There was a lead person on the hole and they would tell us the area we needed to cover - tell us to put a flag near the ball or when to hold up a quiet sign but nothing about the rules of golf etc. As an avid golfer who has gone through rules clinics I knew what was what, but many of the volunteers were just casual golf fans or even just people looking for something to do and no idea what to do in certain situations. I recall more than once the pro politely encouraging marshals not to search for his ball in the woods as the provisional was in way better shape and marshals not getting the hint and being very proud to find the pros ball dead in the woods - forcing him to go back and re-hit. 😃

I am sure some events are better than others, but the marshals can be a pretty mixed bag.

Edited by 2bGood

6 hours ago, 2bGood said:

Having marshalled at several events the formal training I received was pretty limited and really next to nothing.  There was a lead person on the hole and they would tell us the area we needed to cover - tell us to put a flag near the ball or when to hold up a quiet sign but nothing about the rules of golf etc. As an avid golfer who has gone through rules clinics I knew what was what, but many of the volunteers were just casual golf fans or even just people looking for something to do and no idea what to do in certain situations. I recall more than once the pro politely encouraging marshals not to search for his ball in the woods as the provisional was in way better shape and marshals not getting the hint and being very proud to find the pros ball dead in the woods - forcing him to go back and re-hit. 😃

I am sure some events are better than others, but the marshals can be a pretty mixed bag.

Thanks 2B, good to have some inside information as I really didn’t know (shouldn’t assume right?😀).  Seems like that might be an issue the tour would want to address, at least some basic information to the marshals.  Especially when the course is one where they know finding balls is going to be difficult. 

On 2/3/2021 at 7:42 PM, TheIncelGolfer said:

Golf.com with a hot take on CBS's universally hated start to Sunday's broadcast-

https://golf.com/news/patrick-reed-controversy-cbs-broadcast-tone/amp/

Does Viacom own golf.com? 

Wow! Patting themselves on the back does not change the fact that the broadcast was an abysmal embarrassment .

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

15 hours ago, TheIncelGolfer said:

You post this 3 days later? 🤭 Get a life. 

LOL! Get the hell out of here. There is no time limit for people reply to a post. I only saw your dumb post last night. LMG this is your first time on a discussion board? Best of luck going forward. You need it.

8 hours ago, grm24 said:

LOL! Get the hell out of here. There is no time limit for people reply to a post. I only saw your dumb post last night. LMG this is your first time on a discussion board? Best of luck going forward. You need it.

It was rhetorical. Im sorry your aspergers got the better of you.

• Like 1