2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Tour Edge C721 Driver.........

hammergolf

Any comparison with the EXS 220? I love mine, but always looking for the holy grail...

The EXS 220 looks very nice, and the C721 ridge is not what I would like to look down at at address. But if it performs...

WITB 2024

Dr Mizuno ST-Z

3W Cally Rogue ST Max

5W Mizuno ST-Z

4H New Level NLH-01

5/6i New Level 902 OS

7i-PW New Level 902 PD

GW/SW/LW  Mizuno S23

Putter Odyssey WhiteHot OG 2-Ball

Ball  Vice Pro/Snell MTB Prime

48 minutes ago, LukeDonaldsTiger said:

Any comparison with the EXS 220? I love mine, but always looking for the holy grail...

The EXS 220 looks very nice, and the C721 ridge is not what I would like to look down at at address. But if it performs...

I have an EXS 220 2 hybrid and I really like it. Unfortunately I haven’t hit the driver to be able to compare it against. I am looking to try and find a used 220 driver to hit for a couple weeks and report back. If anyone has one! 🙂

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ronnbee said:

drivers all the same, looks like    Marketing

And if that's the case then the price point makes it a real steal for this year's crop...

• Like 1

Srixon Z785 6-P
PXG 0211 4h & 5h
Mizuno T 56/58/60
Tour Edge C721 10.5 w/Ventus Red R
PXG 0341 Proto 3w
Titleist 909 5w
TaylorMade Daddy Long Legs Spider
Snell MTB-X

10 hours ago, analyticandrew said:

Happy to answer any more specific questions anyone has, take any up close pictures or get you hooked up with the dealer I got mine from. He gets them for 20-30% off and shipped direct from Tour Edge. 

I mean, for 20-30% off my interest is definitely piqued!  I've been watching some videos and everyone seems very impressed with the club, and I personally think it looks great.  My TEE 13* strong 3-wood is quite the club, and it's 10+ years old.

What shaft is everyone using?

• Like 1

Ping G400 MAX 9° Motore Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec S

Mizuno ST-3 15° 3W Ventus Blue Velocore 70S

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 19° 3H HZRDUS Smoke Black 80X
                                                  PXG 0211 XCOR2 Xtreme Dark 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80S
Edison 55°/59° DG 115 S200 Tour Issue
Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

On 5/2/2021 at 11:51 PM, Tupperwolf said:

I mean, for 20-30% off my interest is definitely piqued!  I've been watching some videos and everyone seems very impressed with the club, and I personally think it looks great.  My TEE 13* strong 3-wood is quite the club, and it's 10+ years old.

What shaft is everyone using?

I’m using the stock HZRDUS RDX Smoke x-Stiff but will be putting a KBS TD onto it this week to compare performance. 

Thanks, what's your swing speed?  I haven't measured mine in ages but I'm probably 105ish stock.

Looking forward to getting back to the states where I can get on a launch monitor and get fitted for a new driver, it's been 10 years.

Ping G400 MAX 9° Motore Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec S

Mizuno ST-3 15° 3W Ventus Blue Velocore 70S

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 19° 3H HZRDUS Smoke Black 80X
                                                  PXG 0211 XCOR2 Xtreme Dark 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80S
Edison 55°/59° DG 115 S200 Tour Issue
Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

12 minutes ago, Tupperwolf said:

Thanks, what's your swing speed?  I haven't measured mine in ages but I'm probably 105ish stock.

Looking forward to getting back to the states where I can get on a launch monitor and get fitted for a new driver, it's been 10 years.

I’m high teens to low twenties with this shaft. 

On 5/2/2021 at 10:46 AM, analyticandrew said:

Happy to answer any more specific questions anyone has, take any up close pictures or get you hooked up with the dealer I got mine from. He gets them for 20-30% off and shipped direct from Tour Edge. 

2 points: 

--what shaft would your rec for a senior?  (Right now using Ping R Flex 55)

--details on hooking up with your discount dealer?

Back at it with another weekly report of the C721. 🙂 I'll keep singing the praises of this thing b/c unless I put a s*** swing on it, it's strokes gained are amazing... 

I played on Saturday at a much tighter, old school course designed by MacKenzie and Maxwell. It's under new ownership (a couple of local judges I was told by the pro) and they're making some improvements to it - so I have high hopes for the rest of the summer. They just need to change the damn pins more than once a month and it'll be much better. 🙂 This is a course where honestly you could probably hit 3 wood on every single hole and be JUST fine - but what's the fun in that?! Also, I'm still waiting for my new TSi3 to get delivered... 🙂

I only hit 43% of FIR this round. But TBH, as inconsistent as I was, I'm pretty stoked about that. And when you see some of my misses below, 

Hole - Par - Yards total - Fairway yards wide at 275 yards - Hit FW/Miss FW R/L/Short/Long - Distance

• Hole 1 - Par 4 - 387 Yards - 27y wide @ 275 - Miss FW Rt - 265y (missed by 8 feet)
  • Hole 2 - Par 5 - 497 Yards - 0y wide @ 275 - Miss FW Rt - 322y (fairway is 0 yards b/c it's a split fairway - top of hill to bottom of hill is rough, then fairway picks up again) - hit a BOMB, I just didn't get it started on the line that I intended
  • Hole 3 - Par 3
  • Hole 4 - Par 3
  • Hole 5 - Par 4 - 368 Yards - 36y wide @ 275 - HIT - 236y (used 4 iron) - tees were up, hole was playing 313 with 234 to the end of the fairway before a steep uphill to a blind green
  • Hole 6 - Par 4 - 320 Yards - 11y wide @ 275 - Miss Long/Rt (through fairway) - 260y (missed by 4 feet)
  • Hole 7 - Par 4 - 353 Yards - 25y wide @ 275 - Miss Lt - 236y - first bad swing I put on it really and ended up in the trees
  • Hole 8 - Par 3
  • Hole 9 - Par 4 - 348 Yards - 24y wide @ 275 - HIT - 269y - pulled it a little, got a nice kick off a tree branch - middle of the fairway
  • Hole 10 - Par 4 - 302 Yards - 0y wide @ 275 - Miss FW Rt - 296y - this is a BEAUTY of a hole straight ahead to about 220 at which point it doglegs up hill at about a 130 degree angle to a blind green - I got greedy and tried to go for it (even though it was probably a 270 carry) and I pushed it - but I still had about a 50 yard flop shot over a tree
  • Hole 11 - Par 4 - 328 Yards - 20y wide @ 275 - Miss Long/Rt (through fairway) - 280y (hit it about 30 feet through the fairway before it turns left towards the green)
  • Hole 12 - Par 4 - 372 Yards - 21y wide @ 275 - HIT - 298y (this starts a pretty good stretch of holes for me w/ the driver - I striped this one dead center of the fairway)
  • Hole 13 - Par 4 - 378 Yards - 26y wide @ 275 - HIT - 296y
  • Hole 14 - Par 4 - 385 Yards - 23y wide @ 275 - Miss Lt - 282y (missed by 12 feet)
  • Hole 15 - Par 5 - 510 Yards - 23y wide @ 275 - HIT - 316y
  • Hole 16 - Par 4 - 385 Yards - 24y wide @ 275 - HIT - 244y (hit a BAD toe ball and somehow magically snapped it into the fairway)
  • Hole 17 - Par 3 
  • Hole 18 - Par 4 - 339 Yards - 0y wide @ 275 - Miss Lt - 261y (I got really greedy here again like I did on 10 - It's a downhill hole where I knew that if I hit it straight, even with an "average" swing, I'd still end up with a pitch less than 50 yards and at WORST a long bunker shot to a middle pin - instead, I pulled it into the trees)

If I were smart on holes 10 and 18, I would have not hit driver and I would have ended up with close to 60% FW hit - add in the total misses on holes 1, 6, and 14 (a total of 24 feet) and I'm at 79%. I'll take all of it!! 🙂 

On 5/5/2021 at 11:40 AM, ode said:

Interested too in the C721.  Have the EXS 220 and like it, but but it a tad too high with the HZRDUS Smoke Yellow.  Wondering how the profile of the head compares.

Interesting, my 220 (9.5*) w/Hzrdus Yellow is the lowest launching driver I’ve hit so far. And I’m a HL/HS player.

I just wish it went further on mishits. Hitting the occasional low spinner that drops out of the sky (mostly with crappy range balls), which was not an issue I had ever encountered before. 

Other than that, best sounding and most powerful driver ever, and looks amazing. 

• Like 1

WITB 2024

Dr Mizuno ST-Z

3W Cally Rogue ST Max

5W Mizuno ST-Z

4H New Level NLH-01

5/6i New Level 902 OS

7i-PW New Level 902 PD

GW/SW/LW  Mizuno S23

I had a couple range sessions and played a few rounds and found out that the EXS 220 doesn’t like heel strikes. Immediate distance drop off. 
Is this the same with the C721?

My old Mizuno JPX 900 took those mishits better, but anything close to the middle, it’s no comparison, the Tour Edge is filthy long. 

• Like 1

WITB 2024

Dr Mizuno ST-Z

3W Cally Rogue ST Max

5W Mizuno ST-Z

4H New Level NLH-01

5/6i New Level 902 OS

7i-PW New Level 902 PD

GW/SW/LW  Mizuno S23

1 hour ago, RayGorman said:

Had a fitting into the C721 a few weeks ago. No question that it was longer and straighter than my M6. I ALWAYS struggled with high spin and too high launch angle. That combination is a distance killer. As well as the M6 sounding "dead" with a dull thud on contact it just seemed off. And the softer tip in the shaft seemed to get me into the lefts quite a bit. Yeah, once in awhile I might 'mishit' one and actually find the middle with a good launch and such and get one out there. But most were finding it hard to carry 210 with a 99/100 SS. Spin was up there at 2800 or so even with my up angle of attack, it seemed that everything launched out there and just kind of fell out of the sky and got no roll.

After the tweaking the C721 with the right shaft, loft settings, etc... Carry went up 10/20 yards and spin dropped to 1800ish. Even with the 100SS the RDX Black worked out the best. It kept the spin down and limited the left snaps. I just have to complete the swing properly to load the shaft properly. If I cut off the swing, I definitely know it.

And after Saturday- it stays in the bag. After a few holes of the jitters playing an out of state course with strangers and a fairly narrow setup- I started to connect in the middle... Yikes- just like the sim or better. Now- I'm not an Arrcos or real stats guy so I just had the markers and Range Finder to work out numbers. On one hole- Tee was right at the marker that read 365 to middle. Drilled one up the left side- not high, not low and sounded great. A nice strong click instead of the thud or a clang. Saw it land, bounce, and bounce again and just roll and roll. Granted, it ended up in the rough, but still... I Lasered the pin (middle) and read 77. So total of around 280/290. I thought there was something wrong with either the yardage marker at the tee or the Laser. Nope, 3/4 GW to pin high. that's about right. As I went along finding the middle of the face more often it was a revelation- penetrating flight and buckets of roll. Lower flight and more carry? Any day of the week...

As for "resale" of TE equipment? Who cares- I'm 60- If I can get back to total distances I haven't seen in a long time, it's staying in the bag for awhile. It was straighter, longer and just sounded 'right'. A pretty tough combination to ignore.

This is a fantastic share! Congrats on getting fit into this and for playing what I think is one of the best drivers that I've played in years. Keep us updated! Can't wait to hear more. 

52 minutes ago, analyticandrew said:

This is a fantastic share! Congrats on getting fit into this and for playing what I think is one of the best drivers that I've played in years. Keep us updated! Can't wait to hear more. 

Oh- and the REAL kicker for the deal was the price. With PGA Superstore Van Fitting, the trade in for the M6, I was all in for about $300. $200 less than the major players that didn't really outperform the C721 or beat it outright for that matter. It is really no wonder almost every YouTube reviewer- Shiels, Newton, Robinson, etc... are calling it the deal of the year against the big boys. Essentially, the same or better performance for a steal.

One difference that probably helped my dispersion was that the 721 is about 3/4 shorter than the M6 I was gaming. A bit more control helps find that middle...

• Like 1

TXG will be airing Cobra Rad XB vs C721 driver bracket competition tomorrow on their YouTube channel.  Hoping C721 comes out on top but if not want it to be a close match.

• Like 1

Srixon Z785 6-P
PXG 0211 4h & 5h
Mizuno T 56/58/60
PXG 0341 Proto 3w
Titleist 909 5w
Snell MTB-X

I had one for a month with a stiff flex Hzrdus Smoke blue stiff flex (swing speed 100-105).  I hit some long drives for me 270-280.  However I could not control it (lost shots left and right).  Where I got it had a 30 day trial.  Traded it back in for a Big Bertha B21 and so far that has been a really good choice.  I think it would have done better with a different shaft (and a better swing).  However I loved the feel and sound and I think it is a very solid driver.

1 hour ago, LHGolf4 said:

I had one for a month with a stiff flex Hzrdus Smoke blue stiff flex (swing speed 100-105).  I hit some long drives for me 270-280.  However I could not control it (lost shots left and right).  Where I got it had a 30 day trial.  Traded it back in for a Big Bertha B21 and so far that has been a really good choice.  I think it would have done better with a different shaft (and a better swing).  However I loved the feel and sound and I think it is a very solid driver.

Glad you were able to find something that works for you!! While I commend the TE team for finding good shaft matches, I also know that getting fit into the "right" shaft can be a game changer too!

On 5/3/2021 at 10:29 AM, Mookieb10 said:

Can someone compare/contrast to the Ping g400 Max?

Best way I could describe the C721 is if a G400 Max and a Ping LST driver had a baby.  It's low spin, but it's forgiving. 

I've got HZRDUS Yellow 6.0 in mine.  All it does is fly straight off the tee, mid trajectory, about 220 yards with a 3-5 yard fade.

That's about 5-7 yards longer than my G400 Max.  All the Max wants to do is hit 3-5 yard high draws, but as it spins more with higher trajectory, it has problems in wind.

I'm sticking with the C721.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, me05501 said:

Why did they have to make it so dang ugly?

Trust me.  It's one of those clubs that's better looking in person than in pix...

It's kind of like a suit that looks "checkered" in a picture, but when you see it in person on a rack, the pattern is more subtle than it looked in the picture.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, analyticandrew said:

And the winner is..... C721!! And it REALLY wasn't close!!

No it really wasn't.  Out distanced XB by 6 yards on average and better dispersion.  Curious to see how it competes with its next foe, G425.  Think it has a good chance to win that match too.  Funny, I had XB and G425 on my radar before getting the C721.  So glad I got it instead...

Edited by Volgolfer
  • Like 1

Srixon Z785 6-P
PXG 0211 4h & 5h
Mizuno T 56/58/60
PXG 0341 Proto 3w
Titleist 909 5w
Snell MTB-X

1 hour ago, Volgolfer said:

No it really wasn't.  Out distanced XB by 6 yards on average and better dispersion.  Curious to see how it competes with its next foe, G425.  Think it has a good chance to win that match too.  Funny, I had XB and G425 on my radar before getting the C721.  So glad I got it instead...

Matt has hit it twice now with the same impressive results. I’ve seen enough to know it competes with any driver. My favorite thing about it after the massive forgiveness is that in every review it sounds really good and the flight looks strong with nice spin rates. I like that Hzrdus Yellow pairing that @games mentions above. That is one of those shafts that seems to work for me regardless of the driver I put it in. I was leaning toward RDX Blue or Black in the 70-75 gram range. 

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

13 minutes ago, dmeeksDC said:

Matt has hit it twice now with the same impressive results. I’ve seen enough to know it competes with any driver. My favorite thing about it after the massive forgiveness is that in every review it sounds really good and the flight looks strong with nice spin rates. I like that Hzrdus Yellow pairing that @games mentions above. That is one of those shafts that seems to work for me regardless of the driver I put it in. I was leaning toward RDX Blue or Black in the 70-75 gram range. 

This weekend I’ll finally be testing this out on the course with the KBS TD in it. And I’m hoping by Sunday that my new Velocore Black is here so I can get it up against that too. 

That said, the HZRDUS smoke RDX I have in it now also performs quite well!! 

26 minutes ago, analyticandrew said:

This weekend I’ll finally be testing this out on the course with the KBS TD in it. And I’m hoping by Sunday that my new Velocore Black is here so I can get it up against that too. 

There’s nothing wrong with the RDX. I was sort of shying away from the RDX Black in favor of the Blue, as I worry the Black will feel too stout. But I see a lot of good reports on its feel. 

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

29 minutes ago, analyticandrew said:

You playing the black or blue currently?