Tour is ever inching towards MLB circa '98

animalgolfs

Who remembers way back in the Stone Age - like 2-1/2 yrs ago - when Cameron Champ was averaging what Bryson is averaging now and everybody freaked out and said the world was on the verge of ending for those that couldn't drive the ball 350yds with ease?  Yet somehow, Webb Simpson, a veritable bunter of the ball remains solidly in the OWGR Top Ten...

• Like 4

TSi3 10

TS2 16.5 & 21

G425 22 & 26

ZX7 6i - PW

Vokey 54F-14, 58K-12

Spider X

10 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

I know some of you guys believe that no one on tour uses PEDs.  All I will say is that it's extremely naive to think so and leave it at that.  Not speculation on my part, but I work in the sports industry and have pro athletes as clients. 

you are the one that specifically accused Bryson in another thread, which as far as I last looked you didnt withdraw.

Based on? Nothing at all that youve offered.

You wouldnt say it to his face, neither would op. Thats poor behaviour. If we call someone a cheat, its because there's either evidence and/or reasonable suspicion. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Aviador Naval said:

Who remembers way back in the Stone Age - like 2-1/2 yrs ago - when Cameron Champ was averaging what Bryson is averaging now and everybody freaked out and said the world was on the verge of ending for those that couldn't drive the ball 350yds with ease?  Yet somehow, Webb Simpson, a veritable bunter of the ball remains solidly in the OWGR Top Ten...

Ya, check out CM

125th in Distance 

#4 in the world 

The big hitter who can putt will always have the biggest advantage but it’s rare guys have the best of both worlds.

BD does so he can go on a tear but pure distance is not going to get you wins unless you have top skills in at least 2 other skill categories. 

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Like 2

Every human body is only meant to carry so much muscle. The unknown here is how much muscle can Bryson's body carry before it becomes detrimental. Meaning, injuries such as tendon ruptures, muscle tears, etc. I've seen football, baseball, and basketball players all suffering from more frequent injuries now than compared to when I started watching sports as a youth in the 1970s. I'm curious to see how this continues to develop regarding Bryson as far as winning and whether or not he is able to avoid those kind of injuries. 

4 minutes ago, don28 said:

Every human body is only meant to carry so much muscle. The unknown here is how much muscle can Bryson's body carry before it becomes detrimental. Meaning, injuries such as tendon ruptures, muscle tears, etc. I've seen football, baseball, and basketball players all suffering from more frequent injuries now than compared to when I started watching sports as a youth in the 1970s. I'm curious to see how this continues to develop regarding Bryson as far as winning and whether or not he is able to avoid those kind of injuries. 

BD is not doing any big lifts, he said compound lifts “scare” him. So the amount of muscle he has gained is nothing compared to the amount of fat. 

Id argue it’s far more unhealthy to carry fat around than muscle also. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

BD is not doing any big lifts, he said compound lifts “scare” him. So the amount of muscle he has gained is nothing compared to the amount of fat. 

Id argue it’s far more unhealthy to carry fat around than muscle also. 

I'm not sure his body fat percentage, but the amount of weight he's carrying on his frame and moving at high rates of speed make me wonder if it is something he can continue for a long period of time without consequences. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, KRAMER1997 said:

Honest question, how long until Bryson seriously injures himself? His swing doesn't seem sustainable to me, and it seems like he's putting a lot of stress on his knees. There's a reason why guys like DLIII and Vijay won in there 40's and 50's and it was because of the way they swung.

His lower body is more like a baseball player when he turns. He spins his left foot out and alleviates a lot of that stress 

I don’t think he’s putting much pressure on his knee like Tiger or Brooks does when they lock their knee out and have a planted left foot 

Injuries will most likely come for Bryson like they do for most high speed golfers. If you watch his swing training and workout vids I think he’s just about as cautious as he could be. 

Edited by kasting333
  • Like 4

SIM 8* Ventus Black 7x
Ping G25 3 wood Diamana D+ X

NLU 18* DI Ventus Black 10X
Muira 1957 4-PW X100 120
Vokey SM8 M 50*/Vokey SM4 S 56*/Vokey SM8 T 60*
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 35” 
Tour BX S

Is he juicing? It doesn’t look that way - MLB circa 98’ you could easily tell who was on the sauce.

Even if he is on the sauce, you still have to work insanely hard to get the gains and tight diet regimen. On top of that be able to swing and connect and have the short game. The juice is not some magic that gives you these abilities by simply taking it.

I understand there are so many different types of roids that help you in different ways but I just don’t see it in any of the guys on Tour unless they are taking something to recover faster. 

Long story short- IMO No sauce.

10 minutes ago, kasting333 said:

His lower body is more like a baseball player when he turns. He spins his left foot out and alleviates a lot of that stress 

I don’t think he’s putting much pressure on his knee like Tiger or Brooks does when they lock their knee out and have a planted left foot 

Injuries will most likely come for Bryson like they do for most high speed golfers. If you watch his swing training and workout vids I think he’s just about as cautious as he could be. 

Thing is, if you look at BK and TW, they didn’t sustain their injuries from swinging hard. 

I think BK slipped or something 

And who knows about TW, he says running, then there was his dopey seal training.

BD may never hurt himself. Looks pretty durable. But, extra weight is not ideal in general. 

26 minutes ago, Gobe3 said:

Is he juicing? It doesn’t look that way - MLB circa 98’ you could easily tell who was on the sauce.

As much as I didn’t want to get into this thread again, I’ll have to strongly disagree with that statement. Sure there were the no doubters like McGwire, Canseco, Bonds etc. But there were also plenty of guys that looked totally average and or not what the laymen would consider what someone on PEDs would look like. Raphael Palmeiro, Alex Rodriquez, Ryan Braun, Miguel Tejada, Bartolo Colon to name a few. 

1 minute ago, TiScape said:

As much as I didn’t want to get into this thread again, I’ll have to strongly disagree with that statement. Sure there were the no doubters like McGwire, Canseco, Bonds etc. But there were also plenty of guys that looked totally average and or not what the laymen would consider what someone on PEDs would look like. Raphael Palmeiro, Alex Rodriquez, Ryan Braun, Miguel Tejada, Bartolo Colon to name a few. 

I completely agree - why I said so many different PEDs to do different things but in 98’ IMO most were on the roids to increase mass. Obviously Palmeiro wasn’t trying to be a muscle head and more than likely was using to recover.

Wouldn’t call the others totally avg especially ARod.

35 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Thing is, if you look at BK and TW, they didn’t sustain their injuries from swinging hard. 

I think BK slipped or something 

And who knows about TW, he says running, then there was his dopey seal training.

BD may never hurt himself. Looks pretty durable. But, extra weight is not ideal in general. 

If Rory can carry it 330 at 5’9 160lbs, you’d think the “scientist” could figure out how to do it at 6’1” 200/205. He has been leaning out lately. 

4 hours ago, TiScape said:

Everything evolves. It’s the cycle of life. 

Or devolves.  Depends on your perspective. 

from my perspective all sports named have devolved to something closer to Saturday morning wrestling vs their glory days.  

basketball is a great example.  And it’s leaked down to the youth school level.  I have a 5ft11 12 year old , and he easily has made his school team for last two seasons.  They want him to shoot more 3s.  Which makes me mad/sad and confused all at once.  He can shoot. But.  He’s not a guard.  The true big man play in Bball has been totally abandoned.  I watched game after game this season of them chunking  up 3s at around a 14 % make rate , while The low post was wide arse open all day every day.  2 points 80 % of the time has to  better than 3 points 14 % of the time.  But I’m called a dinosaur and told to shut it. Lol. 

• Like 2

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

2 minutes ago, Gobe3 said:

I completely agree - why I said so many different PEDs to do different things but in 98’ IMO most were on the roids to increase mass. Obviously Palmeiro wasn’t trying to be a muscle head and more than likely was using to recover.

Wouldn’t call the others totally avg especially ARod.

You didn’t specify on the sauce for what purpose, you simply said you could easily tell who was on the sauce. A rod was/is tall. You in no way looked at him or the others I listed and said, def on the sauce. I know what your saying though. A lot of those guys were taking em for recovery. 162 games a year is a grind. 

2 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Or devolves.  Depends on your perspective. 

from my perspective all sports named have devolved to something closer to Saturday morning wrestling vs their glory days.  

basketball is a great example.  And it’s leaked down to the youth school level.  I have a 5ft11 12 year old , and he easily has made his school team for last two seasons.  They want him to shoot more 3s.  Which makes me mad/sad and confused all at once.  He can shoot. But.  He’s not a guard.  The true big man play in Bball has been totally abandoned.  I watched game after game this season of them chunking  up 3s at around a 14 % make rate , while The low post was wide arse open all day every day.  2 points 80 % of the time has to  better than 3 points 14 % of the time.  But I’m called a dinosaur and told to shut it. Lol. 

Haha yeah. Definitely depends on your perspective. How about we agree on everything changes. 😉 Look of any video or pics of any major sport from 50-60 years ago and that becomes instantly apparent. Some (most) may say cars have evolved, the guy that misses the rumble of a carbureted big block that you could actually work on yourself may disagree. Bad example??? Best I can come up with right now haha.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TiScape said:

Haha yeah. Definitely depends on your perspective. How about we agree on everything changes. 😉 Look of any video or pics of any major sport from 50-60 years ago and that becomes instantly apparent. Some (most) may say cars have evolved, the guy that misses the rumble of a carbureted big block that you could actually work on yourself may disagree. Bad example??? Best I can come up with right now haha.

Nope. That’s a great example and right up my alley.  Funny part is , I’m all pro tech in that dept.  I’m raised on a carb , but a whiz with ford software , so prefer tuning with my laptop.  Bigger blower the better.  Lol.

It’s like I walk in two worlds with a lot of things. My nature loves history.  Yet , my pragmatic side loves performance advantages.  
Which is why I   let the kid do his own thing.  I am not the dad who tells the coach or kid what to do.  Just gentle suggestions if the kid asks.  And guess what ? He’s turning up the heat with his shooting.  And I can see it happening as he practices at home daily.  I guess a big guy who’s a threat form all over is worth more.  I’m certainly not going to be the wet blanket to that.  Just not easy thing to watch until it bares fruit sometimes. 

this maybe just what we’re seeing with Bryson.  I hope so.  I love a dominant player or team.  And golf doesn’t have one right now.  And hasn’t in a long while.  

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

BDC didn't win two weeks ago, actually he barely made the cut. So the guy is able to win a few times a year, good for him. He plays his style game and when he's ON TARGET WITH HIS TEE SHOTS and PUTTING WELL he can be in contention to win. It's good for the tour, good for everyone to have someone long balling. "DRIVE FOR SHOW" they say, and TV golf is a SHOW. TW might not be pro golf much longer, it's up to the next generation like BDC and CM and others to carry the torch. Good for BDC for moving the needle just a little bit, fans were really into those tee shots on 6. Good golf, good TV, good for him. In the end he beat a guy who is like 50 by ONE STROKE. Good for BDC.

And for the haterz saying BDC is roiding, you don't even lift. BDC's gainz are in par with what ANYONE his age can do CLEAN with sustained LIFTING AND EATING over a six month period.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aviador Naval said:

Way too factual and rational. Go around and we’ll try it again. 

Edited by Draw Driver
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bladehunter said:

I have a 5ft11 12 year old , and he easily has made his school team for last two seasons.  They want him to shoot more 3s.  Which makes me mad/sad and confused all at once.  He can shoot. But.  He’s not a guard.

Let me begin by saying @bladehunter is a legend and please don’t take this the wrong way. But basketball at the youth level isn’t exactly the perfect analogy. I’m looking into coaching basketball and I’ve seen way too many kids that are pushed into being big men at a young age because they have size and then they get to high school and suck because they are a true big man stuck in a point guard’s body. It’s easier to develop a post game then passing, shooting, dribbling as you age. 

Sorry for the very off topic rant. 

Now getting back on topic, I love what BAD is doing. From what i’ve heard he’s trying to slim up to increase flexibility, similar to his friend Kyle Berkshire. Potential injuries to him seem very unlikely as he seems to be very good at minimizing potential risks to his body. Now the PED’s. I don’t think he is as the PGA uses the same company that all other major leagues use. Their policy is that they do blood and urine tests at random. So, seeing what others say about BAD’s personality that him using PED’s is out of the question.

Thank you for coming to my TEDTalk.

• Like 1

This is an interesting topic. I definitely didn't and probably still don't think Bryson has used peds but I was watching some golf recently with an extended family member who is a pro international rugby player, walks around at 115kg so he knows a thing or two about adding muscle and weight, and in maintaining it. He says there is no way Bryson did it 100% naturally over the time frame in which he did. Gave a few reasons, but its certainly put a bit of doubt in my mind about Bryson. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Josh L. said:

Bryson is using Deer Antler Spray, you heard it here first. 

Ya, but he spray it on his driver.

Oh, just reminded me of,

6) DOES THE OLD VASELINE-ON-THE-DRIVER TRICK REALLY WORK?
Short answer? Yes. Any kind of grease on the face (Vaseline, sunscreen, ChapStick, etc.) will reduce the sidespin you create with a bad swing—which means the ball won't curve as much. You also lose backspin, which can help or hurt depending on your launch characteristics. It's also super illegal to do it, so keep your petroleum products to yourself.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.golfdigest.com/story/cracking-the-code-of-equipments-most-enduring-urban-legends/amp

• Haha 2