Scotty Cameron - Champions Choice Buttonback Putters

JStang

1 hour ago, ssfranny said:

Yeah I had a golf retailer contact me about a lefty one they had I was on a waiting list.  Owner said he wanted $1500 for it haha   

$1500 out the door? They taxing hard for Left Handed...

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 Max 14.5

Ping G430 Max 17.5

Ping G430 4hy 22.5

Ping i525 Green Dot 

Ping Glide 4.0 E Eye 2 

Scotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Tour 

22 hours ago, owu23 said:

Just curious. Are all allocations for this putter completely sold out, or it’s still available via some Titleist reps? 

Unless a preorder shipment was seriously delayed, the chances of getting this putter for retail are slim to none. 

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 Max 14.5

Ping G430 Max 17.5

Ping G430 4hy 22.5

Ping i525 Green Dot 

Ping Glide 4.0 E Eye 2 

Scotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Tour 

3 hours ago, Georgie Z said:

There’s a saying in other hobbies’ forums. Buy once cry once. I doubt there are any left at the original price.

Or buy twice, cry twice.  After I thought my local store couldn't come through I bought one from 2nd Swing with their minimal markup.  That one still hasn't shipped.  But my local store came through and got me a Newport 2 at MSRP.  I love it.  Can't wait to see if my Newport from 2nd Swing actually ships next week like I was told.  No way I sell either of them.  These are worth the price.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dwp10mm said:

Or buy twice, cry twice.  After I thought my local store couldn't come through I bought one from 2nd Swing with their minimal markup.  That one still hasn't shipped.  But my local store came through and got me a Newport 2 at MSRP.  I love it.  Can't wait to see if my Newport from 2nd Swing actually ships next week like I was told.  No way I sell either of them.  These are worth the price.

I like your style

Just got mine.  I paid retail for it.   I putted a while with it today on a real putting green and I'll give my thoughts on how it putts.

Very very similar to my 2010 Studio Select.  Both are 35 inch NP2s.  Honestly, real tough to tell a big difference, especially because right now I have a superstroke on my Studio Select and the grip can effect feel.  But I had a Pingman grip for a long time on my Studio Select and based on what I remember,  I'd be hard pressed to tell you big differences.  The look is a bit different, although can't point my finger on how.  Subjectively, the CC maybe feels a bit heavier (I know the weight is probably available somewhere).  Maybe a bit more "clicky".  Based on what I remember about the T22, which I've tried, the T22 felt "duller" than both the SS and the CC.  

Maybe this is a dissenting opinion based on the rest of this thread.  Is it nice?  Definitely.  Is it the most amazing, best Scotty Cameron putter ever?  No.  It's not.  If it was, you'd see a lot more button backs and Tei3's on Tour.  You can see most guys who putt with Newport style putters on tour are using solid heads without inserts.  Between my Studio Select and this one, I honestly couldn't say which one I prefer. I'll keep it in the bag for a while and try to work on becoming a better putter rather than thinking about the putter itself.

To each his own, but I certainly wouldn't pay $1K for one unless I was expecting them to appreciate in value, which they very well may do.    

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, NoCalHack said:

Just got mine.  I paid retail for it.   I putted a while with it today on a real putting green and I'll give my thoughts on how it putts.

Very very similar to my 2010 Studio Select.  Both are 35 inch NP2s.  Honestly, real tough to tell a big difference, especially because right now I have a superstroke on my Studio Select and the grip can effect feel.  But I had a Pingman grip for a long time on my Studio Select and based on what I remember,  I'd be hard pressed to tell you big differences.  The look is a bit different, although can't point my finger on how.  Subjectively, the CC maybe feels a bit heavier (I know the weight is probably available somewhere).  Maybe a bit more "clicky".  Based on what I remember about the T22, which I've tried, the T22 felt "duller" than both the SS and the CC.  

Maybe this is a dissenting opinion based on the rest of this thread.  Is it nice?  Definitely.  Is it the most amazing, best Scotty Cameron putter ever?  No.  It's not.  If it was, you'd see a lot more button backs and Tei3's on Tour.  You can see most guys who putt with Newport style putters on tour are using solid heads without inserts.  Between my Studio Select and this one, I honestly couldn't say which one I prefer. I'll keep it in the bag for a while and try to work on becoming a better putter rather than thinking about the putter itself.

To each his own, but I certainly wouldn't pay $1K for one unless I was expecting them to appreciate in value, which they very well may do.    

I'm pretty sure it was just hype from the original button back and from the mark up resale on the t22.  it definitely was a flip for a profit opportunity for everyone. It's a Studio Select with a copper insert. But shoot every scotty for the most part holds value strong so you dont have much to worry about especially since the most you paid for one was 800. 

Just got mine today. Is it just me or has the scotty cameron headcover quality gone completely down the drain? Very similar to the special select headcovers that feel cheap and almost plastic-like. Bought and flipped a couple SWAG headcovers and currently have one on an older scotty. The difference in quality between SWAG and older scotty covers versus the special select and champions choice is shocking

Driver - AI Smoke Triple Diamond, Tensei 1k Blue 6tx

3 Wood - Callaway AI Smoke Max, Tensei AV Blue 75x

2 Iron - Titleist U505, Graphite Design AD-DI 8x

4-PW - T150, Project X 6.5

50 Degree - SM10 50.12F, Project X 6.5

54 Degree - RTX6 Zipcore, mid bounce, Project X wedge 6.5

58 Degree - RTX6 Zipcore, low bounce, TI s400

Putter - Custom shop 2022 Phantom 5.5

2023 Pro V1

Ahh, I remember the good ole days when we used to b!tch about $250 putters being a rip off.🤣

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

13 hours ago, BigtimeHC said:

Just got mine today. Is it just me or has the scotty cameron headcover quality gone completely down the drain? Very similar to the special select headcovers that feel cheap and almost plastic-like. Bought and flipped a couple SWAG headcovers and currently have one on an older scotty. The difference in quality between SWAG and older scotty covers versus the special select and champions choice is shocking

The champions choice is miles better than my t22.. I thought it was a step in the right direction 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, dwp10mm said:

Agree. I don’t get the hate for this headcover. I like the material and believe it will hold up well long term. The T22 material felt way too flimsy. 

I think I may have jumped the gun somewhat. Looking at it closer its more of a texture thing and doesn't seem to have the quality issue the special select had. 

Has anyone bought a special release headcover lately from Cameron? Any comparisons to the T22, Champions Choice, or Special Select headcovers?

Driver - AI Smoke Triple Diamond, Tensei 1k Blue 6tx

3 Wood - Callaway AI Smoke Max, Tensei AV Blue 75x

2 Iron - Titleist U505, Graphite Design AD-DI 8x

4-PW - T150, Project X 6.5

50 Degree - SM10 50.12F, Project X 6.5

54 Degree - RTX6 Zipcore, mid bounce, Project X wedge 6.5

58 Degree - RTX6 Zipcore, low bounce, TI s400

Putter - Custom shop 2022 Phantom 5.5

2023 Pro V1

8 hours ago, BigtimeHC said:

I think I may have jumped the gun somewhat. Looking at it closer its more of a texture thing and doesn't seem to have the quality issue the special select had. 

Has anyone bought a special release headcover lately from Cameron? Any comparisons to the T22, Champions Choice, or Special Select headcovers?

In regards to headcovers, really the only bad one I think is the T22.  Pretty flimsy.  I feel the CC and Special Select are pretty durable and well made.  The special release covers are better in my opinion than any of these, but the difference is fairly minimal. 

• Like 1

Yadi for President

31 minutes ago, SUPERG said:

Took her out for a spin today on 9 holes and it’s money!! Anybody else hate the grip lol? I want to commit golf blasphemy and throw on a Superstroke(a Detroit tigers one no less) 

I don’t like the grip either but haven’t decided what to replace it with. I also don’t want to throw off the balance.

1 hour ago, SUPERG said:

Took her out for a spin today on 9 holes and it’s money!! Anybody else hate the grip lol? I want to commit golf blasphemy and throw on a Superstroke(a Detroit tigers one no less) 

use whatever works

if a SS is good enough for JT and Spieth, it's probably good enough for you lol

Yadi for President

21 minutes ago, SUPERG said:

Oh yea I was just making fun of the guys who lose their sh!t over Scotty grips lol. Way too skinny, but at 80g might need a counter core 

Yah, I used to think that, but I've swapped out a cord grip which is much lighter on putters that had pistoleros/pistolinis and they were just fine.

You're right though, those grips are beasts

Yadi for President