Scotty Cameron - Champions Choice Buttonback Putters

JStang

1 hour ago, Brooks Cupcake said:

People are stupid to pay double the cost, but once guys get them in hand and realize you just got hustled then you’ll see a ton on the used market (but mint) for $800-ish.

The only one worth looking at is the non Newport model, as you can still find gamed Buttonbacks and then refinish for almost the same price.

Can you show me where you can find a beat up original button back that would fit that price tag including a refinish?

Original button back prices are insane and have been for awhile now

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Yadi for President

On 8/10/2021 at 9:22 AM, N8dogg2669 said:

Go to Carls Golfland. Have them cut it an inch. They can pull that grip and reinstall or put on a new grip. And they have Scotty 40 gram weights there for sale. This is exactly what I did on Thursday but went with a superstroke grip. Ask for Adam. 

Yeah, I need to head up to the Bloomfield store. I got mine from the Plymouth store… told me they did not have the weights or tool to change out!  Bloomfield is better when it comes to this stuff.

I figure if I send it back to Scotty, I am in for probably $200-250.

thx!

21 minutes ago, Brooks Cupcake said:

They’re easily found for sub $1200 bud.

Please let me know where

Though much is taken much abides;
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
- Lord Tennyson

On 8/10/2021 at 4:17 AM, richcollins said:

Received mine on Saturday from my pro... was out for the day so opened it yesterday. Very disappointed to see the massive discolouration under the protective film. Poor poor quality control from Titleist. 

Its being returned but my pro, who unfortunately has sold his allocation. A real shame...

CCFACE1.jpg

What a shame..... I'll give you $400 for it since it's ruined. 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

PING G400 Max 

PING G400 3 wood

Still Searching for something in between

PING S55 4-PW

Vokey 50, 56, 60

Odyssey AI ONE Milled #1

Pro V1

41 minutes ago, Tmsoko said:

Yeah, I need to head up to the Bloomfield store. I got mine from the Plymouth store… told me they did not have the weights or tool to change out!  Bloomfield is better when it comes to this stuff.

I figure if I send it back to Scotty, I am in for probably $200-250.

thx!

At least that. I think its like $125 to send in, plus shipping, weights, grip, labor, easily $200. Carls was $75 and that was like $40 for the weights, and $25 for the grip. And $10 for the labor. Took 10 minutes and the tool came with the weights. 

Weren't these supposed to be 600 retail?  Wtf happened???  I see them on the bay for over a grand.  No way in hell I'm coughing that much dough on a retail Scotty.  I gotta Circle T collecting dust that's never going to see the light of day until I can fetch at least 3k for it. 

• Thanks 2

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

I know one thing. Scotty is a marketing frickin' genius! He cuts the heads off of a 303 stainless buttonhead capscrew which I sell for about 10 cents each. Slaps them on the back of a putter that was designed years ago and makes a fortune. I wish I was half that smart.😆

• Like 3

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

14 hours ago, BYK said:

Can you show me where you can find a beat up original button back that would fit that price tag including a refinish?

Original button back prices are insane and have been for awhile now

They do trade hands privately for $800 and sometimes less.  You just won’t see them advertised for that because they sell in seconds at that price of they aren’t really molested.   Same thing goes for 009 , etc. if you know the guys who hoard them , you can buy one for less if it’s a no hassle deal.  Selling on eBay is where the extra $300 or more comes  in.   It’s that much of a gamble to deal with an idiot who wants to nit pick over a minute scratch or imperfection . 

I haven’t even read the argument here.  So no dog in the fight.  But if a guy had $800 and Noses  around the right people for a month or so putting out feelers , one will pop up.  But. Can’t  be picky on the model or sightline etc. 

Edited by bladehunter

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

10 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

Weren't these supposed to be 600 retail?  Wtf happened???  I see them on the bay for over a grand.  No way in hell I'm coughing that much dough on a retail Scotty.  I gotta Circle T collecting dust that's never going to see the light of day until I can fetch at least 3k for it. 

They appear to all be bought to flip.  I don’t think a single one was bought to use.  Search button back on eBay.  That’s all that comes up.  Wait a few weeks. The flood of flippers will drive the price back down once they see them not sell. It’s a self fulfilling prophecy.  Flood the market with too much too fast at a high price , will only produce a fire sale in the end.  Just a matter of waiting till the first flipper cracks and needs his $ back.  

Edited by bladehunter

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

1 hour ago, bladehunter said:

They appear to all be bought to flip.  I don’t think a single one was bought to use.  Search button back on eBay.  That’s all that comes up.  Wait a few weeks. The flood of flippers will drive the price back down once they see them not sell. It’s a self fulfilling prophecy.  Flood the market with too much too fast at a high price , will only produce a fire sale in the end.  Just a matter of waiting till the first flipper cracks and needs his $ back.  

It sucks man, still waiting on mine from gg but always had gaming in mind. Whatever happened to tools not jewels LOL 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SUPERG said:

It sucks man, still waiting on mine from gg but always had gaming in mind. Whatever happened to tools not jewels LOL 

Agree. I’ve never understood the “ collector “ who doesn’t use these things.  

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Got to roll my Newport yesterday for the first time on my Birdieball mat. I have to say, I'm in love with the way these feel. I'm by no means a Scotty Cameron expert, but I've owned a lot of different OTR models over the years. I currently own a Special Select Newport and 2012 Select Newport 2, and this Champions Choice feels much better to me. I owned a T22 Newport for a while as well and this copper insert feels better to me, for whatever reason. I actually can't remember ever owning a Cameron that I enjoyed the feel of as much as this one. They look much better in person than in pictures as well.  

Edited by coreyhr

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5° | Ventus TR Blue 6s

Taylormade BRNR Mini 13.5° | Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5

Callaway Apex UW 19° | Tour AD TP 7s

Callaway XR Pro 23° | Tour AD DI 95x
Maltby TS1 IM/TS4 5-PW | Dynamic Gold S300
Cleveland RTX 6: 50° 56° 60° | KBS Tour Custom 120s Black 

L.A.B. DF 3 Counterbalance 37.5" | TPT Putter Shaft 

53 minutes ago, SUPERG said:

DSG / GG still clueless on shipping these putters. Getting frustrated now...

"Thank you so much for those details. Upon checking here, yes, the order is still on process and not shipped out. My apology for this delayed. What I will do now is to process an escalation for this order for further checking on your order, and to shipped it out as soon as possible. Would that be okay?" 

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 60

3 Wood: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6

3 Hybrid: TaylorMade Sim2 Rescue - Tensei AV Raw Blue

4I - GW: Taylor Made PSI - KBS C-Taper 105

SW: Titleist SM5 - 54 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

LW: Titleist SM5 - 60 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter: 2022 Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

11 minutes ago, krtgolfing said:

DSG / GG still clueless on shipping these putters. Getting frustrated now...

"Thank you so much for those details. Upon checking here, yes, the order is still on process and not shipped out. My apology for this delayed. What I will do now is to process an escalation for this order for further checking on your order, and to shipped it out as soon as possible. Would that be okay?" 

I’ve been advised that mine has been escalated to the shipping/pre orders team 3 times now with GG with no follow up received. They either don’t know where my putter is at or know they don’t have it at all.

47 minutes ago, sholt51 said:

I’ve been advised that mine has been escalated to the shipping/pre orders team 3 times now with GG with no follow up received. They either don’t know where my putter is at or know they don’t have it at all.

You would think they would actually try and figure out what is going on since there have been probably hundreds of instances of people trying to check on the status of their order. I want to just say screw it and buy another putter, but with my luck it would ship the following week or so and I would be stuck with $1,000.00 in putters. I know I could easily sell the Buttonback, but don't want to deal with the hassle. 

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 60

3 Wood: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6

3 Hybrid: TaylorMade Sim2 Rescue - Tensei AV Raw Blue

4I - GW: Taylor Made PSI - KBS C-Taper 105

SW: Titleist SM5 - 54 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

LW: Titleist SM5 - 60 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter: 2022 Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

27 minutes ago, krtgolfing said:

You would think they would actually try and figure out what is going on since there have been probably hundreds of instances of people trying to check on the status of their order. I want to just say screw it and buy another putter, but with my luck it would ship the following week or so and I would be stuck with $1,000.00 in putters. I know I could easily sell the Buttonback, but don't want to deal with the hassle. 

I got the special select Newport back in April, I roll it well but kind of regret not getting the Newport 2. When the Newport 2 buttonback came up for pre order it seemed like a no brainer. The special select will work just fine but really wanted to try out a buttonback 

A copy and paste of the DSG response

Thank you for reaching out to Dick's Sporting Goods regarding order # xxxxx. Your order is a Presale item and is expected to ship 09/13/21-9/24/21 per Titleist. Please reach out to this email if you would need further assistance.

Sincerely,

Customer Service

DICK'S Sporting Goods

• Sad 1

Titleist Tsr2 9* / TPT Power 17Lo
Titleist Tsr3 15* / Ventus OG blue 7s

Callaway UW 21* / Fujikura motore VC 8s 
Mizuno Pro 245 4-PW / C taper r 110
Titleist SM9 raw 50.54.58 LZ 5.5
Titleist ProV1
LAB DF 3

21 hours ago, Brooks Cupcake said:

People are stupid to pay double the cost, but once guys get them in hand and realize you just got hustled then you’ll see a ton on the used market (but mint) for $800-ish.

The only one worth looking at is the non Newport model, as you can still find gamed Buttonbacks and then refinish for almost the same price.

I disagree. look at the Justin Thomas putter. Even with the release of the Phantom 5.5 which is basically the same putter , prices are not going down. Limited edition putters will hold their value and as time goes on they will increase. How much, the market will decide, but BB putters are still hard to find and once this influx of putters have been sold and gamed , the prices down the road will rise. Just my 2 cents

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, TheMotorCity said:

I disagree. look at the Justin Thomas putter. Even with the release of the Phantom 5.5 which is basically the same putter , prices are not going down. Limited edition putters will hold their value and as time goes on they will increase. How much, the market will decide, but BB putters are still hard to find and once this influx of putters have been sold and gamed , the prices down the road will rise. Just my 2 cents

I think you're right. Look at the T22 release. Prices came down drastically right after launch. Now even beat up versions are going for $1,000+

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5° | Ventus TR Blue 6s

Taylormade BRNR Mini 13.5° | Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5

Callaway Apex UW 19° | Tour AD TP 7s

Callaway XR Pro 23° | Tour AD DI 95x
Maltby TS1 IM/TS4 5-PW | Dynamic Gold S300
Cleveland RTX 6: 50° 56° 60° | KBS Tour Custom 120s Black 

L.A.B. DF 3 Counterbalance 37.5" | TPT Putter Shaft 

2 hours ago, coreyhr said:

I think you're right. Look at the T22 release. Prices came down drastically right after launch. Now even beat up versions are going for $1,000+

It happens with anything worthwhile. The point where you will get the cheapest deal is usually now. Then as inventory starts to dwindle away the prices will go up and up. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, geauxWRX said:

A copy and paste of the DSG response

Thank you for reaching out to Dick's Sporting Goods regarding order # xxxxx. Your order is a Presale item and is expected to ship 09/13/21-9/24/21 per Titleist. Please reach out to this email if you would need further assistance.

Sincerely,

Customer Service

DICK'S Sporting Goods

Did Golf Galaxy or Dick's sell any Left Handed Pre-orders?

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 Max 14.5

Ping G430 Max 17.5

Ping G430 4hy 22.5

Ping i525 Green Dot 

Ping Glide 4.0 E Eye 2 

Scotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Tour 

1 hour ago, TheMotorCity said:

I find it amusing when people find it crazy or stupid when someone purchases a putter or any other club at a price they find ridiculous. People earn there money and deserve to purchase what they want for whatever price THEY find acceptable. 

Most of it are people who don’t have the money. It really boils down too jealousy 90% of the time.  Bashing others is the only way they can feel a little better 

Edited by RodrigoNicely
  • Like 2