2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Anyone Have An Idea of What TM’s Driver Plans Are for 2022?

BCC1898

On 1/18/2022 at 3:07 PM, Red4282 said:

So i watched unfortunately…. And if the first 30 seconds doesnt tell you everything… he is ruining any credibility with me. You cant be “unbiased” but have an ax to grind. Then to the test. He is launching the stealth at 15 degrees and spinning at 2700. Obvious he should loft it down. That would increase bs. Then he begins spraying his gamer all over the place, duck hooking it and going ohhh look at that ball speed!! 🙄 

This video made me lose a ton of respect for Mark Crossfield. Clearly not an unbiased review…you can’t claim to be an authority on equipment and come in with this type of chip on your shoulder.

So much tongue in cheek and so much bias and baggage…Smh! 👎🏽👎🏽

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

4 minutes ago, SMUGamer said:

Look at all these folks on GolfWRX watching all the reviews on the latest drivers to help them make informed purchasing decisions. 

"Just imagine", as someone once said..........😂🤣😂

I believe most of us watch for entertainment or to waste time. At least I was wasting time between meetings watching ol' RS.  I'll be testing everything else before buying, though stealth has the lead based on looks so far.  I guess research and window shopping is a bad thing now?

• Like 2

You didn't plan to fail, you failed to plan!

SIM/9*/UST Elements Platinum
M5/15*/Kai'li 70s//M5/19*/Kai'li 70s
Titleist u500 3/Recoil Hybrid Proto 100 f4

SUB 70 649 MB Raw 4-PW/Recoil Proto 110 f4
Mizuno t20 Raw 51*/56*/61*/KBS Tour 120 s
Bastain Milled BM-009 Long Neck Proto

14 minutes ago, SMUGamer said:

Look at all these folks on GolfWRX watching all the reviews on the latest drivers to help them make informed purchasing decisions. 

"Just imagine", as someone once said..........😂🤣😂

I think watching reviews can give some good info, but enough to make someone cancel an order? Nah. Lets be honest. You read 3-5mph and when you found out that wasnt true, you canceled. Had nothing to do with youtubers.

Edited by Red4282
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DeCuchi said:

I believe most of us watch for entertainment or to waste time. At least I was wasting time between meetings watching ol' RS.  I'll be testing everything else before buying, though stealth has the lead based on looks so far.  I guess research and window shopping is a bad thing now?

No its a great thing to do your Due Diligence. I was ridiculed for putting too much weight in the consensus of the majority of reviews to date, so just a little ribbing back at him, but not directed at you. Carry on with your DD my friend! Its what all should do, so we can separate fact from fiction. 

16 hours ago, Red4282 said:

I think watching reviews can give some good info, but enough to make someone cancel an order? Nah. Lets be honest. You read 3-5mph and when you found out that wasnt true, you canceled. Had nothing to do with youtubers.

Bingo! Finally, a man that can comprehend ones complaints stated in plain English. Yes, I think the Stealth is one of, if not the, best looking on the market. I also believe it will hold its own against everything out BUT, that is NOT consistent with the marketing hype/claims, which IS at the heart of my complaint. False Claims and misrepresentations by TM about the "new" recycled carbon face technology v. titanium face technology. That is it in a nutshell. 

As far as Im concerned, the cat is out of the bag regarding the performance benefits of Carbon face over Titanium (its a big miss/dud), thus far, at least. We can see that by the data thus far. As a result, even desperate TM Fan Boys are now posting reviews whereby the Stealth only produced one more yard in carry distance over the Ping G425 which is using face technology that is way older than my son. Wow, "real game changer....."

I wouldn't have posted anything had TM said, "Come buy our new Stealth Driver which looks better than anything on the market and will hold its own against anything on the market (performance wise). But, dont expect anything game changing, other than some really cool colorful face options."

The truth matters...............

Edited by SMUGamer
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, SMUGamer said:

No its a great thing to do your Due Diligence. I was ridiculed for putting too much weight in the consensus of the majority of reviews to date, so just a little ribbing back at him, but not directed at you. Carry on with your DD my friend! Its what all should do, so we can separate fact from fiction. 

It feels like you’ve got a chip on your shoulder. These threads do have a lot of folks looking to validate an expensive purchase and they get defensive when there’s data that contradicts their decision.

At the end of the day, is a club going to be some magic elixir? No, of course not. Never has been and never will be. Will it help some, sure? Will it help some if only via Placebo and confidence, absolutely. All that matters is that you’re happy with what you’re hitting and it’s giving you the best results.

I definitely see your point, I just think the delivery was a little brash.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Barefoot_Golf said:

It feels like you’ve got a chip on your shoulder. These threads do have a lot of folks looking to validate an expensive purchase and they get defensive when there’s data that contradicts their decision.

At the end of the day, is a club going to be some magic elixir? No, of course not. Never has been and never will be. Will it help some, sure? Will it help some if only via Placebo and confidence, absolutely. All that matters is that you’re happy with what you’re hitting and it’s giving you the best results.

I definitely see your point, I just think the delivery was a little brash.

No chip but I can get right to the point, no doubt. Never been one for the soft pitch...........sorry bud! 🙋‍♂️👍

Edited by SMUGamer
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, SMUGamer said:

I can get right to the point, no doubt. Never been one for the soft pitch...........sorry bud! 🙋‍♂️👍

Ha. I don’t mind too much. Just think it causes people to get more defensive when you’re playing devil’s advocate.

I bought this creation for the deep face. My miss with my Sim is a little high on the face and I’m hoping this will clean it up some.

The carbon face is an interesting idea to me more for what it allows them to do with the extra weight and what could be done with the forgiveness than for what the carbon does for the ball speed. It’ll all end up in the wash as it usually does but it’ll be fun to give it a spin regardless.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SMUGamer said:

Bingo! Finally, a man that can comprehend ones complaints stated in plain English. Yes, I think the Stealth is one of, if not the, best looking on the market. I also believe it will hold its own against everything out BUT, that is NOT consistent with the marketing hype/claims, which IS at the heart of my complaint. False Claims and misrepresentations by TM about the "new" recycled carbon face technology v. titanium face technology. That is it in a nutshell. 

As far as Im concerned, the cat is out of the bag as far as the performance benefits of carbon face over Titanium (its a big miss/dud), thus far, at least. We can see that by the data thus far. As a result, even desperate TM Fan Boys are now posting reviews whereby the Stealth only produced one more yard in carry distance over the Ping G425 which is using face technology that is way older than my son. Wow, "real game changer....."

I wouldn't have posted anything had TM said, "Come by our new Stealth Driver which looks better than anything on the market and will hold its own against anything on the market (performance wise). But, dont expect anything game changing, other than some really cool colorful face options."

The truth?  YOU CAN’T HANDLE THE TRUTH!! JK!  I guess I see through the marketing that all the manufacturers push. I mean Cobra has a “Unicorn” this year! A freaking 🦄!!!!  Still, I’m gonna try it.

But every manufacturer sells the same BS, they just skip the details. I mean I’ve said the same thing about jacked iron lofts since they started. They shouldn’t be sold as longer. Truth would be that they launch higher with less spin. Then we could all be on here bragging about peak height and descent angles of our 50 degree pitching wedges because gap wedges wouldn’t exist. 😂

Edited by DeCuchi
  • Like 1

You didn't plan to fail, you failed to plan!

SIM/9*/UST Elements Platinum
M5/15*/Kai'li 70s//M5/19*/Kai'li 70s
Titleist u500 3/Recoil Hybrid Proto 100 f4

SUB 70 649 MB Raw 4-PW/Recoil Proto 110 f4
Mizuno t20 Raw 51*/56*/61*/KBS Tour 120 s
Bastain Milled BM-009 Long Neck Proto

44 minutes ago, SMUGamer said:

As far as Im concerned, the cat is out of the bag regarding the performance benefits of Carbon face over Titanium (its a big miss/dud), thus far, at least. We can see that by the data thus far. As a result, even desperate TM Fan Boys are now posting reviews whereby the Stealth only produced one more yard in carry distance over the Ping G425 which is using face technology that is way older than my son. Wow, "real game changer....."

I wouldn't have posted anything had TM said, "Come by our new Stealth Driver which looks better than anything on the market and will hold its own against anything on the market (performance wise). But, dont expect anything game changing, other than some really cool colorful face options."

I think theres more down the line taylormade has already in the works. They likely already have next years model in the works and it will be better. I dont think carbon gives faster faces but its promising in the fact it saves weight to be redistributed. The perplexing thing, is compared to OG sim, the face savings are approximately 4g. Og sim had 10g front, 12 in back. The stealth has 10g front, 6-7 back. So there is approximately 10g unaccounted for. Where is it? Not sure. Id imagine over time it will find itself lower and deeper. Theres traction with the carbon face but not in the way people were anticipating. Just my two cents. The REAL telling thing will be how it holds up over time. Especially that coating.

Edited by Red4282
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, SMUGamer said:

As far as Im concerned, the cat is out of the bag as far as the performance benefits of carbon face over Titanium (its a big miss/dud), thus far, at least. We can see that by the data thus far. As a result, even desperate TM Fan Boys are now posting reviews whereby the Stealth only produced one more yard in carry distance over the Ping G425 which is using face technology that is way older than my son. Wow, "real game changer....."

I can honestly say I’ve never been called a “TM Fan Boy” before.  I’ve played nothing but Callaway and Ping drivers.  The Stealth will be my first TaylorMade.  

You say “the truth matters” and yet you’ve stated over and over again that the YouTube reviews are all negative.  That’s simply false, and all that I have addressed.

• Like 2

Vessel Players III Matte Grey Bag

Titleist TSR2 9° Driver (C1) | Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6s

TaylorMade BRNR 13.5° Mini Driver (-0.75°) | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6s

TaylorMade Qi10 5 Wood | Fujikura Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 4 Hybrid | Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 8s

Mizuno Pro 245 5-GW Irons (1° Weak) | KBS Tour Black Pearl S

Vokey SM9 Tour Chrome 54D, 60T Wedges | True Temper DG120 Onyx S200

TaylorMade Spider Tour X Proto Putter | KBS Black PVD 

Callaway Chrome Tour X Triple Track Ball

4 minutes ago, Red4282 said:

I think theres more down the line taylormade has already in the works. They likely already have next years model in the works and it will be better. I dont think carbon gives faster faces but its promising in the fact it saves weight to be redistributed. The perplexing thing, is compared to OG sim, the face savings are approximately 4g. Og sim had 10g front, 12 in back. The stealth has 10g front, 6-7 back. So there is approximately 10g unaccounted for. Where is it? Not sure. Id imagine over time it will find itself lower and deeper. Theres traction with the carbon face but not in the way people were anticipating. Just my two cents.

The unaccounted for weight is probably in the metal (titanium?) sole versus carbon used in SIM/SIM2. 

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

5 minutes ago, Red4282 said:

I think theres more down the line taylormade has. They already have next years model in the works and it will be better. I dont think carbon gives faster faces but its promising in the fact it saves weight to be redistributed. The perplexing thing, is compared to OG sim, the face savings are approximately 4g. Og sim had 10g front, 12 in back. The stealth has 10g front, 6-7 back. So there is approximately 10g unaccounted for. Where is it? Not sure. Id imagine over time it will find itself lower and deeper. Theres traction with the carbon face but not in the way people were anticipating. Just my two cents.

If you look at my prior post, that was the one potential positive to build upon in future generations of the carbon face tech - the weight savings and redistribution of said savings. I see the potential there. So TM, preserve your false claims until they are true in the future gen(s). 

I have no loyalty to TM. I have some to Ping if anyone because they’re here in Phoenix and I have some very good friends that work there.

With that out of the way, I don’t see any reason to expect higher than normal ball speeds/distances/smash factors most of the time. Perhaps only on some off center hits where the Stealth may retain more optimal launch conditions than my current 425 Max. Maybe.

@SMUGamer, to your point about not yet seeing any benefit to the carbon face…well…maybe. Some people are (or seem to be) seeing some increased ball speeds (which I’m chalking up to a slight increase in forgiveness). Instead of being skeptical as some people are, I see it as reasonably possible. We know that manufacturers finding ways to save weight in some areas and redistribute it with purpose can help increase forgiveness and help optimize launch conditions. If they saved weight from the face and redistributed it, it’s reasonable to expect some positive benefit (though the benefit could certainly be quite small).

And like I said before…I ordered one before ever hitting it. Why? Because I wanted it lol. And after hitting it in person, I’m glad I did. I like it. Side by side with the 425 Max (and not getting LM numbers) I like its looks, sound, and feel. Once it’s in hand I can give it a thorough workout over a few LM sessions using my favorite shafts. 

Edited by Deadpool_25
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, JMB3 said:

I can honestly say I’ve never been called a “TM Fan Boy” before.  I’ve played nothing but Callaway and Ping drivers.  The Stealth will be my first TaylorMade.  

You say “the truth matters” and yet you’ve stated over and over again that the YouTube reviews are all negative.  That’s simply false, and all that I have addressed.

Dude, you really don't read or comprehend well, do ya? I said the "majority" every single time NOT everyone of them. Its in my prior post multiple times so its not up to your faulty interpretation. At least if you were a TM Fan Boy, we could admire your loyalty to some extent. Now, you admit you've NEVER played Taylormade which means you've completely fallen for the sales hype, without questioning anything, AND the pretty red colors! 🤩

Go deep young man, go deep! 🤔

Good luck with that.......👍

Edited by SMUGamer
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, SMUGamer said:

Dude, you really don't read or comprehend well, do ya? I said the "majority" every single time NOT everyone of them. Its in my prior post multiple times so its not up to your faulty interpretation. At least if you were a TM Fan Boy, we could admire your loyalty to some extent. Now, you admit you've NEVER played Taylormade which means you've completely fallen for the sales hype, without questioning anything, AND the pretty red colors! 🤩

Good luck with that.......👍

“Majority” is false too, pal.  

Vessel Players III Matte Grey Bag

Titleist TSR2 9° Driver (C1) | Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6s

TaylorMade BRNR 13.5° Mini Driver (-0.75°) | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6s

TaylorMade Qi10 5 Wood | Fujikura Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 4 Hybrid | Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 8s

Mizuno Pro 245 5-GW Irons (1° Weak) | KBS Tour Black Pearl S

Vokey SM9 Tour Chrome 54D, 60T Wedges | True Temper DG120 Onyx S200

TaylorMade Spider Tour X Proto Putter | KBS Black PVD 

Callaway Chrome Tour X Triple Track Ball

Went and played 9 holes with the stealth today. I tried it with a KBS TD. Not a good combo for me.

• Like 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

16 minutes ago, QuigleyDU said:

Went and played 9 holes with the stealth today. I tried it with a KBS TD. Not a good combo for me.

I have a KBS TD 65 Cat 5 ready to try in my Stealth Plus.  If no good then five other shafts are waiting in the wings.

• Like 1

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 9* and 10.5*,  Diamana WB 53X / Ventus Blue+ 5X / Vanquish 4TX

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0317ST, Xtreme Dark, 6 - GW, KBS CTaper LE Black 125 S+

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

If nobody has yet, I'm giving some props to @SMUGamer to sticking it out in this lion's den, preaching for as long as he has!

I hear you!

Even though I ordered a Stealth--and it seemed to show me some good numbers at first glance--the FOMO of a grail combo out there that I haven't demo'd yet is all too real 😝

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JMB3 said:

“Majority” is false too, pal.  

EDIT: Apologies dude, I replied on the wrong post. I was trying to get that Jurassic Park GIF on this page!

I'm getting scared already, so I'll post here if You don't mind!?

I'm not the most active user, even though I lurk hard, and my second account so forgive me if this is a shanked putt (sounds horrible if that happens). Did not everybody get over the golf marketing shtick with their coined nouns and adjectives already, especially with TM after Rocket Ballz-ier? Well, maybe not everybody?

Raise your hand if you picked up 10 more yards after you picked up 15 to 20 yards with the first release. Anybody? Now keep it raised if you'll be mad at TM if you don't get 5 yards with the Stealth from center strike but do get those yards from off-center. Is that one hand I see so far?

Edited by Nihonsei75
  • Like 1

Funny

38 minutes ago, Deadpool_25 said:

I have no loyalty to TM. I have some to Ping if anyone because they’re here in Phoenix and I have some very good friends that work there.

With that out of the way, I don’t see any reason to expect higher than normal ball speeds/distances/smash factors most of the time. Perhaps only on some off center hits where the Stealth may retain more optimal launch conditions than my current 425 Max. Maybe.

@SMUGamer, to your point about not yet seeing any benefit to the carbon face…well…maybe. Some people are (or seem to be) seeing some increased ball speeds (which I’m chalking up to a slight increase in forgiveness). Instead of being skeptical as some people are, I see it as reasonably possible. We know that manufacturers finding ways to save weight in some areas and redistribute it with purpose can help increase forgiveness and help optimize launch conditions. If they saved weight from the face and redistributed it, it’s reasonable to expect some positive benefit (though the benefit could certainly be quite small).

And like I said before…I ordered one before ever hitting it. Why? Because I wanted it lol. And after hitting it in person, I’m glad I did. I like it. Side by side with the 425 Max (and not getting LM numbers) I like its looks, sound, and feel. Once it’s in hand I can give it a thorough workout over a few LM sessions using my favorite shafts. 

Deadpool, If you're a ping guy and live in the area, then you might know my buddy James Lee and he know's I love ping drivers ... I Have a 425lst that I thought was a forever lock..... Its out.  This stealth is more forgiving and I think illegal lol.  But until they say it is, Im going to play it.  With that said Bear creek is a cobra course so I will be doing some comparisons....Right now for me the Stealth is the longest most forgiving driver I have ever hit.  TM hit a absolute home run with it. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, njmack said:

If nobody has yet, I'm giving some props to @SMUGamer to sticking it out in this lion's den, preaching for as long as he has!

I hear you!

Even though I ordered a Stealth--and it seemed to show me some good numbers at first glance--the FOMO of a grail combo out there that I haven't demo'd yet is all too real 😝

Well, hope it works out for ya! But if not, thats why we have the great BST. Cant wait to hear about your results AFTER, the hot and heavy honeymoon, of course! 😘

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fyrglfr said:

Funny

Deadpool, If you're a ping guy and live in the area, then you might know my buddy James Lee and he know's I love ping drivers ... I Have a 425lst that I thought was a forever lock..... Its out.  This stealth is more forgiving and I think illegal lol.  But until they say it is, Im going to play it.  With that said Bear creek is a cobra course so I will be doing some comparisons....Right now for me the Stealth is the longest most forgiving driver I have ever hit.  TM hit a absolute home run with it. 

Yep! James is a great friend!

• easyyy unfeatured this topic