2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Anyone Have An Idea of What TM’s Driver Plans Are for 2022?

BCC1898

5 minutes ago, SMUGamer said:

Check out Peter Finch's review! Better average ball speeds and forgiveness on mishits with the new Rogue (with Titanium face) when compared against the Stealth. 

We get it Phil. The Rogue is good. You already won the PiP…why are you still hanging in the forums?

Just poking fun, but I think you’re going to have a hard time getting through to the Stealth truthers in this thread. 😁

Edited by zap311
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 9* |  Ventus Blue Velo 6S

TaylorMade Stealth+ 3W   | Ventus Blue Velo 7S

Titleist TSR3 5W | Graphite Design AD-IZ 8S

Titleist TSR2 4H  |  Graphite Design AD-DI 85S

Titleist T150 5 - GW | Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105X

TaylorMade MG3 54*  58* | Dynamic Gold S400

TaylorMade Spider GT Notchback

Titleist Pro V1 | Srixon Z-Star Diamond

15 minutes ago, zap311 said:

We get it Phil. The Rogue is good. You already won the PiP…why are you still hanging in the forums?

Just poking fun, but I think you’re going to have a hard time getting through to the Steath truthers in this thread. 😁

Ha! Nah, just chasing truth nothing more. Honestly, I hope all of you TM Fans go to MyStealth and buy every color combination possible and post the pics here! 😂 At least they will look cool! 🤩

Edited by SMUGamer
  • Like 1

I guess people fall into two categories: 1. people in an older TM driver and 2. People who use another brand looking for the best on the market.

Option 1 people who have a TM driver can buy a Stealth, use their current shaft and test it on course over several rounds. If it's an improvement for them then it's a winner, if not they can sell the Stealth.

Option 2 is more difficult. Testing every club on the market is difficult except at a Club Champion, Cool Clubs etc. fitting plus that doesn't tell you how it works on course or whether the results hold up on any other day.

3 hours ago, SMUGamer said:

Check out Peter Finch's review (based on the data NOT opinion or hyperbole)! Better average ball speeds and forgiveness on mishits with the new Rogue (with Titanium face) when compared against the Stealth. 

I've already seen it. /shrug

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GolfTurkey said:

Option 1 people who have a TM driver can buy a Stealth, use their current shaft and test it on course over several rounds. If it's an improvement for them then it's a winner, if not they can sell the Stealth.

With the BST/WTB combo, its pretty easy to buy new stuff, test it for a while on course or in a simulator, make up your own mind - and then sell it. I look at it as a rental fee. If I could pay...say $100 to rent a driver for a month or so, take it out on the course, grab a couple Trackman sessions, compare it to my gamer as much as I wanted - I would pay that.

Two hours in a Trackman session is enough for me to mostly know if its enough of an improvement worthy of a switch - or at least worthy of taking to the course to test. I went through the same thing with Sim2, didn't like the look of it, the numbers hadn't improved, so I didn't switch.

• Like 2

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Callaway '21 X Forged CBs 5-P annnnd incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

Still waiting for shipment.

Anyone else have theirs packaged (according to status on TM.com) and waiting to be shipped?  

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* // LA Golf DJ Series 65 (5)
TM Stealth Plus 13.5* // Ventus Black 6x
Callaway Uwood 19* // Ventus Blue 7s
4i - Callaway Rogue ST Pro // Mitsubishi MMT 105tx

5i-PW - NCW // Mitsubishi MMT 105tx
Vokey SM8 52.12F S300
Vokey SM8 56.14F S200
Vokey SM8 60.14K S200
Odyssey 2 ball ten
Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

14 minutes ago, commoditybroker said:

Anyone else have theirs packaged (according to status on TM.com) and waiting to be shipped?  

That's how mine appears - although the FW does not show as packaged yet, they both show Feb 4 as estimated arrival dates.

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Callaway '21 X Forged CBs 5-P annnnd incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

47 minutes ago, commoditybroker said:

I wonder why TM wouldn't just ship them. 

Only thing I can think is if 2/4 is when product is supposed to be in stores then they may have retail agreements that they cannot ship until retail inventory is in stores. Otherwise everyone would order from TM directly and leave retailers holding too much inventory. 

1 hour ago, getitdaily said:

I wonder why TM wouldn't just ship them. 

Only thing I can think is if 2/4 is when product is supposed to be in stores then they may have retail agreements that they cannot ship until retail inventory is in stores. Otherwise everyone would order from TM directly and leave retailers holding too much inventory. 

This must be it.  I ordered mine through my swing instructor and 10 days later tried to make an edit, and they said it's too late as it's already been boxed and ready to ship.  

19 hours ago, enickma said:

Didn't one of the earliest reviewers on this thread say he took a sharpie to the face and blacked it out? 

Yes, one of the first in hand. It was member fyrglfr. He came back with pics but it had a cleaned face.  He  said it would wipe with alcohol so we didn't get to see the full effects. My Srixon is deep black, have a ProV soaking now and gonna look in the shag bag for a TM. I wish I knew this process long ago.Gonna post down the road after abusing them.

20 hours ago, SMUGamer said:

Better yet, I challenge @TaylorMade Golf to have me out to the Kingdom, given I live in the same area and can drive there in a matter of minutes - and they can try every shaft / stealth head combo / adapter setting / weighting, they like against my top of the line gamer to see if they can outperform it. No matter what, I will happily post ALL results here on GolfWRX! 😘

What say ye, @TaylorMade Golf??? 👂

Is that You, Bryson?

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, ASN21 said:

Imagine making a decision about buying or not buying a club based on Youtuber reviews. Sad.

I liked but will add that reviews do let me know if it's worth the effort to try a demo. I can pay full to demo local or get a club or iron set sent out to try for 14 days from Global. Reviews help me decide if it's worth the effort and a full deposit or lose a few bucks.

18 hours ago, SMUGamer said:

😂🤣 Details matter, buddy! 🤣

It WAS a custom order through the "MyStealth" program. I pumped the brakes upon seeing ALL the reviews so I could hit the heads when my store received them to see if I got the same results. Make sense??? You're the one NOT questioning their claims and following the company line and sales hype, so who's the sheep??? Guess your avatar gives that away, huh!?!? 😏

I guess that's not you Bryson!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dcmidnight said:

With the BST/WTB combo, its pretty easy to buy new stuff, test it for a while on course or in a simulator, make up your own mind - and then sell it. I look at it as a rental fee. If I could pay...say $100 to rent a driver for a month or so, take it out on the course, grab a couple Trackman sessions, compare it to my gamer as much as I wanted - I would pay that.

Two hours in a Trackman session is enough for me to mostly know if its enough of an improvement worthy of a switch - or at least worthy of taking to the course to test. I went through the same thing with Sim2, didn't like the look of it, the numbers hadn't improved, so I didn't switch.

You can do this with Global Golf - $25 for 2 weeks.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, JMB3 said:

Yeah, you pretty much know the conclusion before watching the review.  Listening to his response to [that other site], he almost sounded jaded—like it’s hard for him to get excited about new products.

That’s why has moved on to his golf show.  He sees the writing on the wall. YouTube reviews are starting to wear thin and not add much in value. 

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Mizuno STZ Max 230 12.0 Project X Hzrdus Black RDX 70 6.5

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 MCA MMT 80X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Cleveland RTX Full Face 2 58/8 DG Spinner

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

Played 18 holes with a Stealth Plus Demo 9D on a winter’s day in Yorkshire. Cold, brisk northwest breeze and the course was wet with no run out. 

Used my own Velecore 6R in the head, playing 45”. Hit 10/13 fairways but found wide variation in distance from what I thought were similar strikes - PV1 ball, not the best in wind. I was tired too after driving 100 miles after 3 hours sleep overnight. 

About 1/3 of the hits were bullet straight and long, ANO 1/3 were straight but just average distance. The remaining 1/3 I spun out of, like the SIM1. 

The black and red looked good but for me, best of all was the lie of the club. Loved it, reminded me of the old c2009 Burner TP. 

White paint from MDF tee-pegs built up in the joint between the sole and the red face, right at the sweet spot and nowhere else. I thus assumed that I hit the face-centre more often than not. This paint remnant is stubborn to remove. 

Overall, I have to say I am disappointed but would not write-off a purchase just yet. I won’t pay £499 for a driver with TM stock shafts but I would buy a head at the right price. I love the SIM2 MAX with the same Velecore so happy to wait for a price-drop. Hope this helps. 

Edited by Pastit
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, kekoa said:

Is there any info out about tour stealth heads?  I know the Sim2 had a + sign on the sleeve but was wondering if there are any distinguishing marks or signs for the stealth +.

From the Matt Wolff WITB, the Stealth heads still have the + sign on the hosel which has been the way TM has done it going back to at least the SLDR days.

• Like 1

So i had an odd occurrence just now. Hit a Stealth plus demo head side by side with Cobra LTD x LS. Ball speeds and ball speed retention across face seemed almost identical. The wierd thing is, I couldnt get the Stealth plus to spin any less than 2500. It ranged from 2500-3300. The LTD x LS was spinning around 1900-2400 with the same balls. Naturally this made the Stealth plus about 20 yards shorter. Have no explanation for it. Launch was good, 12-13 degrees. The only thing im wondering is if its a demo, and that face layer has worn a bit and become “grippier”. The balls also werent brand shiny new, maybe dirty balls could effect this face more?

Edited by Red4282

7 minutes ago, lekimann said:

anybody that already ordered rethinking with the new cobra reviews coming out? 

Nah—Stealth is far more aesthetically appealing to me.  And I can’t see the Cobra and not think “Transformers.”

Vessel Players III Matte Grey Bag

Titleist TSR2 9° Driver (C1) | Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6s

TaylorMade BRNR 13.5° Mini Driver (-0.75°) | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6s

TaylorMade Qi10 5 Wood | Fujikura Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 4 Hybrid | Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 8s

Mizuno Pro 245 5-GW Irons (1° Weak) | KBS Tour Black Pearl S

Vokey SM9 Tour Chrome 54D, 60T Wedges | True Temper DG120 Onyx S200

TaylorMade Spider Tour X Proto Putter | KBS Black PVD 

Callaway Chrome Tour X Triple Track Ball

9 minutes ago, Red4282 said:

So i had an odd occurrence just now. Hit a Stealth plus demo head side by side with Cobra LTD x LS. Ball speeds and ball speed retention across face seemed almost identical. The wierd thing is, I couldnt get the Stealth plus to spin any less than 2500. It ranged from 2500-3300. The LTD x LS was spinning around 1900-2400 with the same balls. Naturally this made the Stealth plus about 20 yards shorter. Have no explanation for it. Launch was good, 12-13 degrees. The only thing im wondering is if its a demo, and that face layer has worn a bit and become “grippier”. The balls also werent brand shiny new, maybe dirty balls could effect this face more?

Same shaft?

50 minutes ago, Red4282 said:

Nope. But if my launch was 12-13 degrees, the shaft isnt causing that much spin. Shaft adds spin by adding loft. Wasnt striking it low either, so not that.

Shaft is going to impact your delivery.  Different feels, different weight, torque etc.  We react to the shaft as well.  AOA could be up or down on one vs the other.  Without that data or matching up the shafts, it's a guess as to why it spun more for you.  If I had my heart set on stealth, I'd try a different shaft.  If not, no reason not to buy the Cobra and save a few bucks.

• Like 1

You didn't plan to fail, you failed to plan!

SIM/9*/UST Elements Platinum
M5/15*/Kai'li 70s//M5/19*/Kai'li 70s
Titleist u500 3/Recoil Hybrid Proto 100 f4

SUB 70 649 MB Raw 4-PW/Recoil Proto 110 f4
Mizuno t20 Raw 51*/56*/61*/KBS Tour 120 s
Bastain Milled BM-009 Long Neck Proto

44 minutes ago, DeCuchi said:

Shaft is going to impact your delivery.  Different feels, different weight, torque etc.  We react to the shaft as well.  AOA could be up or down on one vs the other.  Without that data or matching up the shafts, it's a guess as to why it spun more for you.  If I had my heart set on stealth, I'd try a different shaft.  If not, no reason not to buy the Cobra and save a few bucks.

It wasnt the shaft. Im scratch and very neutral with my delivery, regardless of dozens of shafts ive tried. I guess my point has gone awry. I didnt have that experience the first time i tried the stealth. Something was up/off with this head

11 minutes ago, Red4282 said:

It wasnt the shaft. Im scratch and very neutral with my delivery, regardless of dozens of shafts ive tried. I guess my point has gone awry. I didnt have that experience the first time i tried the stealth. Something was up/off with this head

Actual measured loft could certainly explain some of it. Were both heads launching the same? 

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Qi10 15* Tensei AV White 85TX 1.0 // Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Tour X  // Bridgestone J15 CB 4i Raw Nippon GOST Tour X
Bridgestone 
J15 CB 5i-7i 26*- 34* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 6.8-7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 38*- 46* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM9 50* Raw F-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot // Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

Another Review from the average Joe we have on most tee boxes in America with the same results being faster ball speeds with the SIM2 over the Stealth (same shaft, "same loft" but not Digital measured). It cant be argued he's just another TM hater given he's LOVED his SIM2 since it came out. The Stealth eked out a few more yards due to borderline unplayable low spin numbers (per Chris Trott at Taylormade himself) and reviewer decided he was sticking with his SIM2 versus parting with his hard earned $600: 

Edited by SMUGamer
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Red4282 said:

Very well could be a dud head. I had one in the m5. A lot of folks had m5 duds whereas others had performing m5s. 

• Like 1

• easyyy unfeatured this topic