Anyone Have An Idea of What TM’s Driver Plans Are for 2022?

BCC1898

9 minutes ago, kwainio said:

Anyone in Canada get a shipping notification or their order yet? I ordered mine first day of pre-order, stock shaft and grip. Zero updates.

Nope, no shipping updates here in the Great White North. 🥶🥶🥶

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide

WITB on WRX

6 minutes ago, kwainio said:

Anyone in Canada get a shipping notification or their order yet? I ordered mine first day of pre-order, stock shaft and grip. Zero updates.

No shipping notification.  They charged my credit card and it arrived 4 days later.  Normally in the past I have received a shipping notication from UPS. I’m located west of Toronto. My last stock order through the website was an M5 Tour, zero customization and it took months after the release date to arrive.  I have had great luck since with my last three orders which have all been custom.  

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Mizuno STZ Max 230 12.0 MCA Kaili Blue 70X

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 MCA MMT 80X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Cleveland RTX Full Face 2 58/8 DG Spinner

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

Let me know if anyone has hit this with the RDX red.  I’m curious if the Hextow has resulted in a much stiffer tip profile.  The Original Hzrdus red was a pool noodle at the tip.  You had to at least tip it 1 inch to make it playable.  

• Like 1

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

15 minutes ago, Lemonde said:

Let me know if anyone has hit this with the RDX red.  I’m curious if the Hextow has resulted in a much stiffer tip profile.  The Original Hzrdus red was a pool noodle at the tip.  You had to at least tip it 1 inch to make it playable.  

I’ve only swing the RDX Red 6.0 in my driveway setup, but looking forward to getting it to the indoor range on Monday!

Just from those swings it feels fantastic though, and many others have said the same. Smooth, stiff, fast, stable, and explosive are the descriptions that come to mind for me with the RDX Red and Stealth Plus combo, but will get a better feel on Monday.

WITB on WRX

2 hours ago, lekimann said:

When I move the weight in the stealth plus to the toe, I don't know if it's in my head, but I can really feel that the toe is heavier. Is moving it all the way to the toe side not recommended and better to just put in maybe halfway towards one side more. Even then I can still feel like the toe is heavier.

Put it in the upright lie..that heavy toe feeling will be helped. 

Weight in the toe does 2 things

1. For a strike where the weight is, gear effect is lessened. Toe weight and toe strike, less draw spin

2. Makes more of the face fade biased. Toe weight, center strike, fade spin. Exceptions to this but for simplicity, run with it.

48 minutes ago, Lemonde said:

I hit my original stealth+ with the hextow red. It was a solid feeling shaft. Definitely not loose. Not as solid as velocore blue but not a noodle either.

• Like 1

Ok put about 40-50 balls in then my net popped a hole, way to go stealth… heres my observations. 

I was hitting my dads driver (a ping “g”) two days before this so here was the typical numbers i was getting on the garmin r10:

warmup swings 112-114 swings speed, ball speeds 158-162. Good and warm swings 114-118, ball speeds 160-167. My typical smash was 1.38 for misses and the best was a 1.46. id say for 90% of the shots smash was between 1.4 and 1.43. Hit a personal best swing speed of 122.6 mph but smash was very low and bs was only 168.

First swing with stealth got a 1.48! Lmao. Was only 110 swing, so, bs was only 163. I never hit anything in the 150s. I was a little slower today than normal, coulda been my dress shoes but smash was definitely up. Never dipped into the 1.3’s, everything was 1.4 and up, with most being between 1.42-1.45. Ended with a decent one (that broke the net):

22B4A214-A9F3-4D9E-99CC-96E35F54A10F.png.a32ac56f96233b3ef2154d551b5317e2.png

Some other onservations. Not as fade biased as I was thinking. Sits a little upright. The deep face is going to take some getting used to. I loved the shallow faced sim. I like teeing it low to hit that controlled fade. The stock setup, with kai’li 60x seemed a bit head heavy to me. The shaft was ok, a little softer than anticipated but not a noodle by any means. Typical stock offering. I will probably tinker with swingweight and loft down just a hair with slider in toe, and perhaps play with shaft combos.

Edited by Red4282
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, geauxWRX said:

Does anyone know the stock head weight for the non plus version? I just got my custom driver and it’s built incorrectly. I weighed the head no tip at 196g. Club was ordered -.75” and #9 weight and I got +.25 and stock weight. 

At 45.75” with Hzrdus blue 60 swing weight was only D2. I am pretty sure TM did not install the heavier #9 weight I requested. Because of the CB shaft I wanted more head weight 

Edited by geauxWRX

Titleist Tsr2 9* / TPT Power 17Lo
Titleist Tsr3 15* / Ventus OG blue 7s

Callaway UW 21* / Fujikura motore VC 8s 
Mizuno Pro 245 4-PW / C taper r 110
Titleist SM9 raw 50.54.58 LZ 5.5
Titleist ProV1
LAB DF 3

TXG has two better reviews.  Stealth plus comparison with heavy and light shafts.   And……Stealth vs SLDR 430!!!!  Barath is a pretty decent sidekick for now.  

• Like 1

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

1 hour ago, Lemonde said:

I'd agree with the above two: I was pleasantly surprised at how stable it felt overall. I was swinging a 6.0 around 105mph, fwiw. The red is advertised to have a more active tip than the butt and mid sections, so I wouldn't expect total stiffness across the board, but I also never hit the original red so cannot compare the two.

So I just got done with part one of my fitting. I was looking at Woods/Hybrid as well, but the fitter had a kidney stone so we shut it down after the driver portion. The heads came down to 8* Stealth+ and Ping 425 LST 7.5* (which I was a little disappointed about because I just don't like the feel, even when I nut one, but I guess you can't argue with the numbers).  Better dispersion with LST, but better BS, SS and Carry with Stealth+. To be fair to the Ping, I only felt like I truly only caught one of them at a 1.47.

Coming off a sprained knee so speeds were a little down (110 - 114 compared to normal 114 - 118) but the shafts that had the best results were the Ventus Black, RDX Smoke Blue, Tensei Orange and the Accra TZ RPG Tour (gold) , all in the 60 gram weights. Surprisingly, after about a 100 shots, the TZ RPG Tour felt like the winner. Or so I thought until I saw it is a $500 shaft depending on where you purchase. Needless to say, I'm going back this week to hit both heads again, and I was wondering if anyone knows of a shaft that plays similarly to the Accra (apart from the others I tried) but would be at a lower price point? At the end of the day, I'll have the shaft for a while, but figured I'd like to check BST to see if there are others to try.

Thanks all

Edited by 70sinsight
  •  💎💎💎 8* Paradym playing at 7*, ADUB 7X, tipped 1," VF7TX tipped .5"
  • Qi Tour 5W at 16.5, HZRDUS 80g 6.5, playing 43.25"
  • T200 2i Utility, HZRDUS 105x tipped .5"
  • 770 4I, P7MC 5-PW,  PX LS 6.5 
  • SM9 50.08F, SM8 55.11S, SM9 60.06 T
  • , Odyssey Ten Ball 

3 minutes ago, 70sinsight said:

So I just got done with part one of my fitting. I was looking at Woods/Hybrid as well, but the fitter had a kidney stone so we shut it down after the driver portion. The heads came down to 8* Stealth+ and Ping 425 LST 7.25* (which I was a little disappointed about because I just don't like the feel, even when I nut one, but I guess you can't argue with the numbers).  Better dispersion with LST, but better BS, SS and Carry with Stealth+. To be fair to the Ping, I only felt like I truly only caught one of them at a 1.47.

Coming off a sprained knee so speeds were a little down (110 - 114 compared to normal 114 - 118) but the shafts that had the best results were the Ventus Black, RDX Smoke Blue, Tensei Orange and the Accra TZ RPG Tour (gold) , all in the 60 gram weights. Surprisingly, after about a 100 shots, the TZ RPG Tour felt like the winner. Or so I thought until I saw it is a $500 shaft depending on where you purchase. Needless to say, I'm going back this week to hit both heads again, and I was wondering if anyone knows of a shaft that plays similarly to the Accra (apart from the others I tried) but would be at a lower price point? At the end of the day, I'll have the shaft for a while, but figured I'd like to check BST to see if there are others to try.

Thanks all

@bladehunter Just saw on the Woodland WITB thread that you have/had the TZ RPG as well. Thoughts on how it performed for you?

• , Odyssey Ten Ball 

10 minutes ago, 70sinsight said:

@bladehunter Just saw on the Woodland WITB thread that you have/had the TZ RPG as well. Thoughts on how it performed for you?

It’s a handful of shaft.  You won’t over power it. Don’t care who you are. Gary included.  But somehow it’s still not as rebar FEELING as other things.     I liked it. But really needed more loft with it.  It’s low low. Hit some really long drives with it due to massive roll.  But   In reality the previous Gen rpg 472 blue is a better fit for me .  Still very very stable. But - a little more launch.  

i tell you what though.  This Kai-li in the stealth plus is a good fit for me.  Just enough launch , but reallly low spin.  mixes well with the low loft head.  If I loft down to 6.  I cannot keep it airborne.  I’ve never had that happen.  

Edited by bladehunter
  • Like 1

Srixon z745 9* rogue 60 125 TX 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Feels like the red face doesn’t really show up on tv like I thought.  Definitely not like the white on the heads did.  

Given the only reason was really for marketing purposes, and it seems to not be doing that (on tv at least; in person might be arguable), I wish they just made the face a traditional grey or black.  

Edited by Daveg023
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

It’s a handful of shaft.  You won’t over power it. Don’t care who you are. Gary included.  But somehow it’s still not as rebar FEELING as other things.     I liked it. But really needed more loft with it.  It’s low low. Hit some really long drives with it due to massive roll.  But   In reality the previous Gen rpg 472 blue is a better fit for me .  Still very very stable. But - a little more launch.  

i tell you what though.  This Kai-li in the stealth plus is a good fit for me.  Just enough launch , but reallly low spin.  mixes well with the low loft head.  If I loft down to 6.  I cannot keep it airborne.  I’ve never had that happen.  

Good to know. I have the opposite issue. Hit up on it 6-7 degrees. Trying to get me below 150 feet and 3000 spin. Is it still your gamer?

• , Odyssey Ten Ball 

3 hours ago, enickma said:

Seeing all these differing tracking and deliveries is crazy. I placed my order late. Mystealth showed Feb 12th delivery last Saturday night. I slept on it, and then ordered it Sun morning, and it then showed Feb 22. Bummer, but whatever. After reading about the delivery chaos, a few days ago out of curiosity I remade it and it showed Feb 19th. I thought cool, they're ahead of schedule. Then yesterday it changed in my queue to Feb 25th. I redid my driver once again spec for spec, and it quoted Feb 16th. I called TM and they had no answers. The guy on the phone said I'm showing March 18th delivery for an order today. I told him 30 minutes ago it showed a month earlier, and I'm looking at the screen shot of it. So 15 minutes ago I build it again on the site, and it shows this. 🤔2123350014_Screenshot_20220129-103701_FreeAdblockerBrowser.jpg.4f4ad518c2ac7a3b63bb6a115b61d5f9.jpg

Maybe stop kicking tires and not worry about ETA’s!! If you get anything you order within 8 weeks you’re ahead of 95% of all OEM orders right now dude.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geauxWRX said:

At 45.75” with Hzrdus blue 60 swing weight was only D2. I am pretty sure TM did not install the heavier #9 weight I requested. Because of the CB shaft I wanted more head weight 

They hit D2 which is what their goal always is - advertised stock SW. TM says year after year they’re more and more invested in getting custom SW right and it’s always 50/50 on what it comes as. Ordered every TM since the SuperQuad except the R11S

13 minutes ago, 70sinsight said:

Good to know. I have the opposite issue. Hit up on it 6-7 degrees. Trying to get me below 150 feet and 3000 spin. Is it still your gamer?

Nope. I sold it with the tsi2 it was in.  Long story. Was searching etc.  and was new enough that I could break even by letting it go.      It absolutely should get you down lower.  

• Like 1

Srixon z745 9* rogue 60 125 TX 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

10 minutes ago, Brooks_Cupcake said:

They hit D2 which is what their goal always is - advertised stock SW. TM says year after year they’re more and more invested in getting custom SW right and it’s always 50/50 on what it comes as. Ordered every TM since the SuperQuad except the R11S

Their website says D4/D5 and the TM custom book says only D5.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, njmack said:

I'd agree with the above two: I was pleasantly surprised at how stable it felt overall. I was swinging a 6.0 around 105mph, fwiw. The red is advertised to have a more active tip than the butt and mid sections, so I wouldn't expect total stiffness across the board, but I also never hit the original red so cannot compare the two.

It sounds very similar to the Ventus Red. 

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

On 1/27/2022 at 2:52 PM, enickma said:

This guy is hilarious! I'm going to start watching his stuff just for the comedic value alone

You’ve never seen Alex?  Oh man. You have a months worth of laughs ahead of you catching up on about 4 yesrs of his stuff

I’ve spent some time chatting with Alex at a few PGA shows.  He is truly a great guy snd funny ss hell.  

• Like 2

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

3 hours ago, BallerNate said:

Nope, no shipping updates here in the Great White North. 🥶🥶🥶

Have it shipped to my house in AZ, I’ll ring it out here in the warm weather and ship it much faster. May only have a few minor sky marks😳

• Haha 3

TM Stealth2+ 10.5 Diamana T+ 60s

TM Stealth2 15* TM Ventus TR 6-S 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

5 minutes ago, Lobber said:

Mere mortal here so I went with Stealth and not Stealth Plus. Nothing fancy-Stock Diamana Stiff 10.5

First round impressions

Looks A+

‘Feel A

Distance A

Forgivenss A

Sound A

Flight Mid High

Me -65 - 7 HCP

Found my driver for 2022

Oh and if I could only get my damn P790s I ordered directly from TM on Nov 3!  Maddening!

9 minutes ago, OspreyCI said:

Have it shipped to my house in AZ, I’ll ring it out here in the warm weather and ship it much faster. May only have a few minor sky marks😳

Bahaha…how sweet! What a kind and generous heart you have! 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

WITB on WRX