Anyone Have An Idea of What TM’s Driver Plans Are for 2022?

BCC1898

1 hour ago, radiman said:

My guess is it's the radar unit he is using.  I think it's the GPS that has a radar built in.  I am guessing were he on a legit LM the smash would be a lot better. 

Might be it for sure.  I make no accuracy claims. Just comparing with what I have.  

I put it in upright lie angle and moved the weight into the toe a hair to be dead behind the impact point , and raised the ballspeed a bit.     

pulled the 2 wood out though and clicked off this beauty off a tee. Lol.    ( the 1.51 smash ) I think that Ive got to move the strike diagonal down  and toward center.  I’m wearing out the toe , a half ball off middle right now.     I had time for a few more balls before dark just now. I’ll get some more time tomorrow to fine.  

2D4395DD-92F3-467C-93CC-3AE04511BF77.jpeg

4275BFD7-2B62-438C-A8CF-FE82D499B689.jpeg

1F84C188-EB4C-4264-A8AC-8504FC52FEDD.jpeg

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Checked in on my mystealth order and no delays so far. I got the 9* head with a kaili x and an mcc+4 align, ordered 1/5. Head is apparently ready on Friday, everything else is ready to go. Hopefully will see it next week.

D - MyStealth+ 9* - Ventus Black 5X 

3w - Sim 14* - Diamana A'hina 60X

5w - M3 19* - Diamana B70X

4h - M1 21* - Kuro Kage Black 80X

5i-PW - P770-20 - DG 105VSS X100

50/55/60 - RTX Zipcore - DG Spinner

P - 2-ball Protype Black

1 hour ago, hammergolf said:

Fact is, COR has been limited for years. If a robot hit my old 580xd dead perfect and a stealth dead perfect there is a minuscule if any difference in ball speed.

But we're missing the fact that COR always drops off away from the "center", hence the efforts to manipulate face thickness to keep the face hotter when you miss. That thinning out though is a big part of the face failures that we have seen with things like caved in toes and cracks etc, so that "controlled" COR is only reaching so far with titanium because of its limitations. If carbon is able to overcome those then we'll continue to see these little ball speed gains on average as the legal COR limit is stretched further and further across the face. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J15 CB 4i-7i 23*- 34* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 38*- 46* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM9 50* Raw F-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot // Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

37 minutes ago, GolfTurkey said:

It's funny, you can tell Crossfield is extrenely salty because his subscriber numbers have virtually stalled in the midst of a massive golf boom while guys producing "click-baity fluff" (paraphrasing what he accuses them of) have seen their subscriber numbers rocket.

I would argue the problem is that he is producing BS bro-science combined with insufferable arrogance and presenting it like he has discovered fire e.g. the "shaft doesn't make a difference" horse****

It's absolutely inarguable that e.g. stiffer shafts will deflect and droop less, that there are static weight differences etc. This stuff is measured. It's also the least surprising outcome imaginable that *shock, horror*, the better the player, the more they are able to get good results out of equipment that doesn't suit them (whether that's shaft, head, grip etc). A good player will quickly be able to figure out that they need to lean the shaft more or less, swing more left or right, change their timing etc. It's the reliability of those compensations that will be the problem. Give Federer a squash racket and he will still beat 99.9999% of the world's tennis players...should we all play tennis with squash rackets and does the racket not matter?

You could say the same thing about ball position or grip. Put the ball ridiculously far forward or back in their stance, or make them have an extremely strong or weak grip and a good player will very quickly adjust and hit close to their normal shots. Does this mean that ball position and grip don't matter?

Tiger is by far the best player of the last 30 years, arguably the GOAT, and is known for his fantastic hands. If any player on the planet could make any equipment work it's him. He's also notorious for being the most picky player when it comes to his equipment; the shot goes exactly through the window he wants with the spin he wants or the equipment is out. He knows that equipment that allows him to produce the the results he wants with zero compensations will produce the most consistent results, especially under pressure. FFS, it's not rocket science.

Well said!! 
Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

You know, every time I start to think that "Surely golfers are getting smarter by now and won't fall for such dishonest marketing hype", all I have to do is check the latest TaylorMade thread to get snapped back to reality.

Please feel free to DM me if any of you are interested in prime bridge real estate for bargain prices.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Titleist TSR2 9* Ventus Blue 6X

Ping G410 2H

Ping G400 3H

Mizuno Pro 225 4i-GW

Mizuno T22 54S/58C Blue Ion LE

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7

I’m not sure what happened to Crossfield. I do find him insightful sometimes. But this vendetta against Taylormade and equipment in general seems misguided. Especially when he made his early career off club reviews. 

I remember when Rick Shiels was the second guy. Now Shiels has 2 million followers and Crossfield has 360k. It must piss him off. 

13 minutes ago, NoCalHack said:

I’m not sure what happened to Crossfield. I do find him insightful sometimes. But this vendetta against Taylormade and equipment in general seems misguided. Especially when he made his early career off club reviews. 

I remember when Rick Shiels was the second guy. Now Shiels has 2 million followers and Crossfield has 360k. It must piss him off. 

I generally agree with his view that gains in equipment are marginal for most people and there are bigger gains to be had in other areas, but that kind of content definitely doesn't attract the views.  He can get kind of aggressive/annoying at times.  And I like his content for the most part and have found it insightful at times.  This is also evidenced by the number of people that branch off from making appearances on his channel to start their own thing and then the 2 sides never speak of each other again.  

I also think the c4 stealth video is hilarious.  You would think that in 20 years TM would have been able to get a little more separation between the 2 products.  You can tell he loves making these videos but they're not going to grow his audience.

5 hours ago, Red4282 said:

Meanwhile you got clowns doing this stuff…🤦‍♂️… almost dont want to share bc its sooo skewed…lost all credibility with me.

I don’t understand what he thinks he’s getting at, other than bashing TM marketing. From a distance, dispersion and strokes gained point of view, his video clearly shows improvements with the new driver.  Am I missing something?  Should I play it backwards?  “Paul is dead”  😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

7 minutes ago, anw79 said:

I generally agree with his view that gains in equipment are marginal for most people and there are bigger gains to be had in other areas, but that kind of content definitely doesn't attract the views.  He can get kind of aggressive/annoying at times.  And I like his content for the most part and have found it insightful at times.  This is also evidenced by the number of people that branch off from making appearances on his channel to start their own thing and then the 2 sides never speak of each other again.  

I also think the c4 stealth video is hilarious.  You would think that in 20 years TM would have been able to get a little more separation between the 2 products.  You can tell he loves making these videos but they're not going to grow his audience.

But that's the thing.....C4 was never considered a bad driver nor short in performance. .....just didn't resonate with the general public ......mocking one of top manufacturers for comical purposes when you should be a Frontline reviewer puts a bad light on your brand and reputation......now he looks like a petulant brat.

Carbon , IMHO will give manufacturers a bit more versatility to increase ballspeed across the face from my understanding.....now the rest of the golf world won't be as needy as WRX but that's ok.....we'll continue keeping the manufacturers in check! 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, anw79 said:

I just don't get what his point is.  I don't think anyone thinks a new driver is going to revolutionize their game.  And it's interesting that in optimal conditions, there isn't a huge difference off a driver hit on the screws with optimal ball flight characteristics.

But he's coming off as really biased.  He is totally ignoring the fact that one of the drivers has a sweet spot the size of a pea and the other doesn't.  He's going out of his way to mention that the driver that was panned in 2004 for feeling like crap feels exactly the same as the Stealth.  He is cherry picking the higher spinning stealth model, which is not the best suited for his swing.  So considering his bias, you can't even exclude the possibility that he's intentionally swinging the C4 better and/or fabricating the results. There's really no objectivity to what he's saying.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Celeras said:

You know, every time I start to think that "Surely golfers are getting smarter by now and won't fall for such dishonest marketing hype", all I have to do is check the latest TaylorMade thread to get snapped back to reality.

Please feel free to DM me if any of you are interested in prime bridge real estate for bargain prices.

Go Ahead Reaction GIF

• Haha 2

TSR3 9* | Ventus Blue TR 6X

TSR2+ 13* | Ventus Red 7X 

T200 2-Iron | Ventus Blue HY 10X

T150's 3-PW | DG TI X100

SM10 Raw 

50.12F | DG TI X100

54.12D | DG TI S400

60.08M | DG TI S400

TM MySpider X Blk on Blk 34"

Titleist Pro V1

57 minutes ago, anw79 said:

How about he does a video where he fits that stealth for the glaring area where even a newly hired fitter would immediately go...use the technology gained in 18 years and loft it down to knock about 300 rpm of spin off and then retest...

32 minutes ago, getitdaily said:

How about he does a video where he fits that stealth for the glaring area where even a newly hired fitter would immediately go...use the technology gained in 18 years and loft it down to knock about 300 rpm of spin off and then retest...

He's using the stock ascent shaft with 5.0* torque in stiff flex .....I mean 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Valtiel said:

But we're missing the fact that COR always drops off away from the "center", hence the efforts to manipulate face thickness to keep the face hotter when you miss. That thinning out though is a big part of the face failures that we have seen with things like caved in toes and cracks etc, so that "controlled" COR is only reaching so far with titanium because of its limitations. If carbon is able to overcome those then we'll continue to see these little ball speed gains on average as the legal COR limit is stretched further and further across the face. 

This is why I’m interested.  I’d gladly pony up for a well performing driver with a face that will last.  My last two, that were replaced for newer models, didn’t hold up.  They were titanium.  Maybe these break too.  Maybe it won’t be a great fit anyway.  I’ll find out at my fitting Saturday but hoping it suits me and the new face will last a couple seasons.  And I’ll be increasing my ball speed by swinging faster not by finding the driver with the most ball speed retention in the toe…though I’ll take it if it’s there.

4 hours ago, hammergolf said:

Can you post the testing from the Rogue ST and Cobra LTD? Really interesting stuff.

• LTDx 3.1 yds distance loss on center band toe strikes
  • LTDx Max had one of smallest drop offs from all 9 points: 3.5 yds
  • LTDxLS not tested
  • Rogue family - highest launching line and exceptional spin across the models
  • Rogue Max - 3.7 yds lost on lower third of face
  • MaxD and MaxLS results with 9 point test not shared for some reason
  • Triple D about 200 rpm lower spinning than MaxLS
    • 10.5 degree heads @ 95 ss
  • Thanks 1
  •  💎💎💎 8* Paradym playing at 7*, ADUB 7X, tipped 1," VF7TX tipped .5"
  • Qi Tour 5W at 16.5, HZRDUS 80g 6.5, playing 43.25"
  • T200 2i Utility, HZRDUS 105x tipped .5"
  • 770 4I, P7MC 5-PW,  PX LS 6.5 
  • SM9 50.08F, SM8 55.11S, SM9 60.06 T
  • , Odyssey Ten Ball 

14 minutes ago, DeCuchi said:

Exactly, the thing is the stlth is at minimum as good as SIM, SIM2, the new Cobras, the new Callaways, etc.  Multiple shots testing, and they all deliver the goods.  So he's saying all of the new drivers are garbage and gimmicks?  Then he goes on to say that good players have the ability to change their set up and delivery to get good numbers out of old technology.  So "he" is able to deliver good shots for a comparison.  Well the bulk of his viewers are NOT able to do that.  So what happens when they go out and buy C4's, and spray them all over the course 40 yards short of this years, last years, or whatever years driver they left at home because he's butt hurt about playing himself for views.  I mean I hope my buddies go out and pick up a $50 C4 and bring it to the course.  I just hope the groups in front of us don't do the same, because that's going to be a long day.

You get it....some don't. 

4 hours ago, SwooshLT said:

Weird how they give Stealth results but don't want to share anyone else's without a membership 

Just click the rogue video then click the full screen button before the paywall pops up. I watched both the rogue and Cobra videos 

Edited by LPCP
  • Thanks 2

[b]WITB[/b]
Cobra F9 - Rogue White 130 6X 
Cobra F8 3-4 - Rogue White 130 8X
Cobra F9 19* - Tensei Pro White 90X
Srixon ZX7 4-PW - PX LZ 6.5

Titleist SM7 Black 50,54,58
TM Spider Tour Black

56 minutes ago, DeCuchi said:

Exactly, the thing is the stlth is at minimum as good as SIM, SIM2, the new Cobras, the new Callaways, etc.  Multiple shots testing, and they all deliver the goods.  So he's saying all of the new drivers are garbage and gimmicks?  Then he goes on to say that good players have the ability to change their set up and delivery to get good numbers out of old technology.  So "he" is able to deliver good shots for a comparison.  Well the bulk of his viewers are NOT able to do that.  So what happens when they go out and buy C4's, and spray them all over the course 40 yards short of this years, last years, or whatever years driver they left at home because he's butt hurt about playing himself for views.  I mean I hope my buddies go out and pick up a $50 C4 and bring it to the course.  I just hope the groups in front of us don't do the same, because that's going to be a long day.

The funny thing is it is pretty well known the c4 was a bad driver compared to the drivers of 20 years ago… there is a reason they ditched it. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, khalespace said:

My only complain about the Stealth + is the headcover. It is too tight and too hard to get it in and out. I am using my M5 headcover for now. I might put in something large for a few days to stretch the elastic band.

Oh no, you’re going to start @MtlJeff off on one of his college days stories…

• Haha 2

Got an email from TM this morning that my custom Stealth order (nothing crazy, GD AD DI 6S with a NDMC midsize grip) would be delayed a week from 2/4 to 2/10.  Called TM to see if it was a component delay and the rep told me someone jumped the gun, all the components were available, and he moved it back to 2/4 delivery.  As of tonight, it's being built according to the status tracker.  🤷‍♂️

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 65 S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

6 hours ago, Celeras said:

haha maybe some people just like to get the latest tech even if that means very little gains. sometimes it can be a placebo effect too. if you think a driver can get you more ballspeed it could help. 

• easyyy unfeatured this topic