Anyone Have An Idea of What TM’s Driver Plans Are for 2022?

BCC1898

My local pro shop (Jakarta Indonesia) messaged me me about the stealth arrival (see pics). All the drivers are spoken for I think.. so I went and reshafted to my autoflex shaft. Hit some balls at the simulator and the sound is quite different from my ping G425. Will take it to the range tomorrow to really test it. The stealth head is quite light at 194 grams.. current swing weight at D2.. might play with it a bit to get it to D1.. The tungsten weight seems a bit different.. 

photo_2022-01-27_16-44-50.jpg.11a58da315d2488719bdd1ca57055e0c.jpgphoto_2022-01-27_16-45-19.jpg.3f7b3d640a4370f86cc9486ee73cc01e.jpgphoto_2022-01-27_16-45-05.jpg.61f5214030243ec6605ef39def32ede5.jpgphoto_2022-01-27_16-45-10.jpg.465b95b498d5899e111de329a21d5be4.jpgphoto_2022-01-27_16-45-14.jpg.62986beba472dcf10bb3e4fb159b08d4.jpg

• Like 3

So, I got to try a Stealth+ last night at our indoor center. I'm currently waiting on a RadSpeed in the mail as I'm too cheap to splurge for the latest and greatest, and practice indoors with an older Clevelant TL310 Launcher (440 cc head, with a Miyazaki Stiff tour shaft 44.5" length). I like the Cleveland a lot for practice as it's very unforgiving.

Anyways, last night I was swinging the Cleveland pretty well - 100mph average for me, 1.45 avg smash on a GC Quad using TaylorMade practice balls. The Stealth had a Kail'i 60s shaft at what I'm guessing was normal length. Felt longer and whippier than my shaft. The stealth was set at 10.5 (My cleveland is fixed at 9.5) loft.

Right off the bat - more ball speed - upto 150-151mph average (they didn't have it dotted so I had no idea what the club was doing), and getting at least 10-15 more yards carry (245 vs 255). Overall was the about same (270 yd average) due to the low spin on the Cleveland. Feel/sound was nice and muted. Dispersion was all over the place as I just wasn't getting along with the shaft unfortunately.

My takeaway - really nice club, I see the gains, but guessing my effed up swing is super sensitive to the shaft. It'll be interesting to see what the RadSpeed gives me as I got it with the Motore X F1 stiff shaft which I've read is a pretty stiff shaft.

But - they also had the new Rogue ST heads on display - that's a much more prettier head IMO than the stealth.

Cobra Aerojet LS Driver Kai'li Blue S

Callaway Apex UW 3 MMT 80s

TaylorMade Gapr Mid 3 KBS S

Srizon ZX 4 iron - Recoil 95 F4

Cobra MIM Tour 5-PW - Recoil 95 F4

Cleveland 50 RTX 6 Zipcore, Callaway Jaws 56

Cleveland 60 CBX Zipcore

Odyssey WhiteHot OG Double Wide

6 hours ago, dwboston said:

Got an email from TM this morning that my custom Stealth order (nothing crazy, GD AD DI 6S with a NDMC midsize grip) would be delayed a week from 2/4 to 2/10.  Called TM to see if it was a component delay and the rep told me someone jumped the gun, all the components were available, and he moved it back to 2/4 delivery.  As of tonight, it's being built according to the status tracker.  🤷‍♂️

I may have to try and call back.  The guy I spoke to couldn’t tell me exact why mine was delayed..  

Stealth 2 9* w/Ventus TR Blue
SIM 3 wood w/Ventus TR Blue
SIM UDI

P790 4 iron 
P770 5-PW
Hi Toe 3 50/54/58
SC Phantom 11.5
TP5X 

5 minutes ago, getitdaily said:

What are yt thumbnails? 

The picture they show for the video.  It usually involves a cutout of the content creator with an overexaggerated expression on their face.  

• Like 1

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

2 hours ago, getitdaily said:

This is what non-biased is...take note mark crossfield.

I still would have liked to see him adjust the front track to reduce that left miss...that's what someone of his level of understanding would do on course to tweak the driver based on on-course misses...but good video.

Yeah, really good video…enjoyed watching that.

Wouldn’t the standard Stealth be the better one to compare to the G425 Max though?

Can’t argue with the consistency he got from the PING, but I don’t know if I could live with that sound man…ugh!! 

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

3 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

Yeah, really good video…enjoyed watching that.

Wouldn’t the standard Stealth be the better one to compare to the G425 Max though?

Can’t argue with the consistency he got from the PING, but I don’t know if I could live with that sound man…ugh!! 

Idk...maybe. 

Shiels is a consistent enough ball striker (did I really say that?) Where the adjustability of the stealth+ is likely better for him. Stealth would have been more comparable in moi to max (I'm not saying they're the same) but all he had to do was pop that weight toe side and that hard draw would have been reduced. 

And that's the point of an on-course fit confirmation...what does the club do when there are targets and fairways...

But it was a good video without any of the bias of another. AND it was a good instructional video for the avg golfer to understand what a lot of us know...indoors doesn't equal range doesn't equal course.

Indoors is for launch and spin fit...right head, right shaft.

Range is to see how the indoor fitting holds up in the elements and to tweak the driver.

On-course is to confirm tweaks from the range.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, getitdaily said:

Idk...maybe. 

Shiels is a consistent enough ball striker (did I really say that?) Where the adjustability of the stealth+ is likely better for him. Stealth would have been more comparable in moi to max (I'm not saying they're the same) but all he had to do was pop that weight toe side and that hard draw would have been reduced. 

And that's the point of an on-course fit confirmation...what does the club do when there are targets and fairways...

But it was a good video without any of the bias of another. AND it was a good instructional video for the avg golfer to understand what a lot of us know...indoors doesn't equal range doesn't equal course.

Indoors is for launch and spin fit...right head, right shaft.

Range is to see how the indoor fitting holds up in the elements and to tweak the driver.

On-course is to confirm tweaks from the range.

Yeah, makes absolute sense. I agree that the best tests are on the range and on the course.

Obviously the biggest problem for most people is that the only way to do that is usually to buy the Driver/club.

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

2 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

Yeah, makes absolute sense. I agree that the best tests are on the range and on the course.

Obviously the biggest problem for most people is that the only way to do that is usually to buy the Driver/club.

Yep. The 90 day playability policies help a lot. The sites that offer "try it and buy/return" for 2 weeks help a lot too. 

Bad thing was when the 150% trade in bonus was going on. You'd almost always trade your gamer. That gamer was immediately put on the used rack. No guarantee you could get your gamer back if you didn't like the new club...

7 minutes ago, getitdaily said:

Yep. The 90 day playability policies help a lot. The sites that offer "try it and buy/return" for 2 weeks help a lot too. 

Bad thing was when the 150% trade in bonus was going on. You'd almost always trade your gamer. That gamer was immediately put on the used rack. No guarantee you could get your gamer back if you didn't like the new club...

Yeah, those would be amazing.

Unfortunately here in Canada there are no playability guarantees or “try it and return”. In our shops here they don’t allow returns once the plastic is off and a club is hit outside the stores.

Not sure what it’s like in other International countries, but I’m guessing the U.S. is probably the only country in the World with that competitive a Golf market that those policies are offered.

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

This might be the best review yet… 

things to note- he hit some stinkers with sim2, and took mulligans. None needed for stealth. He said he has been testing these two a ton and he has seem more stability and speed on mishits, kind of what many of us have been seeing/saying.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Red4282 said:

things to note- he hit some stinkers with sim2, and took mulligans. None needed for stealth. He said he has been testing these two a ton and he has seem more stability and speed on mishits, kind of what many of us have been seeing/saying.

Watched it. That sim2 has to be cracked. He hit one that barely got off the ground and wasn't that bad a strike. Then the hard left and 2 hard right. That driver is cracked and he just doesn't know it.

3 hours ago, getitdaily said:

This is what non-biased is...take note mark crossfield.

I still would have liked to see him adjust the front track to reduce that left miss...that's what someone of his level of understanding would do on course to tweak the driver based on on-course misses...but good video.

I’m still curious if results will change when people start playing in warmer weather. When they first announced the carbon weave, everyone talked about how carbon weave baseball bats can’t be used under 40°. Every review I’ve seen has been outside while wearing a coat and hat or inside at 70° with no sun hitting the club. 

Does a carbon face get more spring to it as it warms up? Does temperature change make more of a difference on a carbon face compared to a titanium face? Are COR/CT usga tests for conforming done at certain temperatures? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Red4282 said:

This guy is hilarious! I'm going to start watching his stuff just for the comedic value alone

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Red4282 said:

Dude took that Stealth+ turned to 6º to absolute pound town. Insane how he can still launch over 15º with that loft. I clearly need to get a bit more positive on my angle of attack. 

SIM2 8 degree - Ventus Black 7x

SIM2 3 wood - Ventus Black 8x

Srixon ZX Utility 2 Iron - Ventus Black 10TX

Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-PW - Project X 6.5

Mizuno T20 50/55/60 - Project X 6.5

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1x Left Dash

301cc Mini Too. 🤣

Haywood 1 with Hzrdus Black RDX 70

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Haywood 52/10 and 56/12 wedges

Haywood mid mallet putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips 

"You're not good enough to get mad at your bad shots!" - Bill Murray

22 minutes ago, enickma said:

This guy is hilarious! I'm going to start watching his stuff just for the comedic value alone

He does a really nice job with his content. 

• Like 1

WITB:

TSR2 10* @D1 Tour AD UB 6s

G430 5W @ flat neutral Tour AD UB 7s

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

'23 T200 Utility AD IZ 95S

'23 King Tour 5-G Modus 105S

RTX 6 Zipcore Tour Rack 54 Low+ and 58 Low

Custom PLD Anser 2D Carbon Steel / Stability Tour

Chrome Soft X

Stealth arrived today. Jan 4 order.   Great turnaround and it was a custom order too.  

• Like 3

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Mizuno STZ Max 12.0 Project X Hzrdus Black RDX 70 6.5

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 MCA MMT 80X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Cobra Snakebite 23 V 58 Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

10 minutes ago, enickma said:

photos!  please

I’ll post in a bit. I haven’t unboxed it yet lol. Just watched Shiels ‘ YouTube video.  This is exactly why I didn’t order the Stealth + this year.  I need the forgiveness on the golf course. 

• Like 1

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

28 minutes ago, enickma said:

Custom? photos!  please. I'm dying to see some real time photos of the other colored faces and graphics

16 minutes ago, Lemonde said:

I’ll post in a bit. I haven’t unboxed it yet lol. Just watched Shiels ‘ YouTube video.  This is exactly why I didn’t order the Stealth + this year.  I need the forgiveness on the golf course. 

Mystealth was only for the +

His won't have a different color face. I think by custom he must have meant length, tipping, etc.

Lemonde? 

15 minutes ago, getitdaily said:

Mystealth was only for the +

His won't have a different color face. I think by custom he must have meant length, tipping, etc.

Lemonde? 

Correct. Ventus black was the custom part.  I wish they had the Mystealth for just the Stealth. 

• Like 1

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

• easyyy unfeatured this topic