2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

1 hour ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

Good question. If so, I wonder if Fuji would deem it a 'shoulder slam" 🤔

I was thinking that but didn't wanna go there, lol. 

• Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

9 hours ago, Albatross Dreamer said:

Not to argue your point, but Rory actually plays Blue TR throughout the bag as of last update. Which is also the shaft that seems to be having the most issues per this thread.

I imagine there is a special room full of the best of the best shaft rollers to make the Pro's shafts, not the $2 per hr folks out in main production or maybe just robots toiling away. 

But something is up and if it is less than 1% then maybe just hoping it will resolve itself is cheaper than changing something.

• Like 1

Callaway Smoke Max 10.5 GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX CB  5-11 Steelfiber i95 r

Callaway full toe 54* PX IO  6.5

Callaway full toe 58* PX IO 6.5

SLED # 1  35.5

4 hours ago, Jim53 said:

I imagine there is a special room full of the best of the best shaft rollers to make the Pro's shafts, not the $2 per hr folks out in main production or maybe just robots toiling away. 

But something is up and if it is less than 1% then maybe just hoping it will resolve itself is cheaper than changing something.

I wouldnt doubt the shafts that are sent to the tour trucks or OEMs to use on tour are all made in the exact same places but just have better QC. Maybe a hands-on inspection, more strict weight sorting, maybe an extra X-Ray of the shaft to further check it, etc - but all made in the same production lines.

I would also bet that tour pros have had shafts break on them but we just havent seen it on TV, yet. Its rare to see ANY shaft break while watching a tournament. Tour pros swing so hard that if it was going to break it probably would while theyre testing it before putting it in the bag.

....and you know since pros have nicer swings they probably arent "shoulder slamming" them. So there's that.

• Haha 2

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

33 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

I wouldnt doubt the shafts that are sent to the tour trucks or OEMs to use on tour are all made in the exact same places but just have better QC. Maybe a hands-on inspection, more strict weight sorting, maybe an extra X-Ray of the shaft to further check it, etc - but all made in the same production lines.

I would also bet that tour pros have had shafts break on them but we just havent seen it on TV, yet. Its rare to see ANY shaft break while watching a tournament. Tour pros swing so hard that if it was going to break it probably would while theyre testing it before putting it in the bag.

....and you know since pros have nicer swings they probably arent "shoulder slamming" them. So there's that.

I’m so glad I started the “shoulder slam” movement. Now anytime I see a broken shaft (regardless of brand and regardless of where it broke) I’ll say “shoulder slam claims yet another victim” 

• Haha 3

Driver: Ping G425 SFT 10.5* w/ Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 5S

Fairway Wood: Ping G425 SFT 3 Wood & 5 Wood

Hybrids: Ping G425 4-Hybrid (Ventus Blue)

Irons: Proto Concept C01TB 5-PW w/ Fujikura Axiom 105S

Wedges: Proto Concept Forged CB 50*, Miura K-Grind 2.0 54* & 58*

Putter: Evnroll ER5 w/ Stability Tour 2 Shaft

Just happened to me as well. Velocore 6x black, snapped right on the Fujikura logo. I know this thread is quite old but have people had much success getting a replacement? I'm from Australia and bought the shaft from a local Pro Shop with my sim 2 driver. Loved the shaft, pured one down the middle just to look down and the clubs in half. @Fujikura Golf, anything I can do about this?

D1077484-CF7C-4476-9BBB-26F310E6EA6D_4_5005_c.jpeg

10 minutes ago, LachlanSchubert said:

Just happened to me as well. Velocore 6x black, snapped right on the Fujikura logo. I know this thread is quite old but have people had much success getting a replacement? I'm from Australia and bought the shaft from a local Pro Shop with my sim 2 driver. Loved the shaft, pured one down the middle just to look down and the clubs in half. @Fujikura Golf, anything I can do about this?

Return it to the "authorized dealer" you got it from and cross your fingers.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

17 minutes ago, LachlanSchubert said:

I'd hope that Fujikura would be asking for info on this.  Things like cut the grip off and look for the lot number, etc.  The lack of attention to find the root cause of these failures is disappointing. 

All I can think is they just don't care about an obvious defect, otherwise they would be investigating to find out what happened.  It could be materials, workmanship, or engineering.  Maybe it's user error as they like to claim?  They will never know if they don't investigate.  It's hard to tell without the fuji rep chiming in on this thread. 

The silence is deafening.

Tour Edge Exotics:  Irons and Woods

Cleveland:  Wedges

Odyssey:  Putter

20 hours ago, LachlanSchubert said:

How old is the shaft? Can you find out... we've seen a lot of TRs, not many non-TR. Wondering if this started with recent shafts or shafts coming out the same time as TRs. I've had my Blue & Black non-TR for years, zero issues on many heads and swing 100-105 SS

May be I don't shoulder slam... huh... who would have thought... S H O U L D E R S L A M...🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know if this breaking issue is a thing with Ventus Red TR? Begrudgingly got fit into Blue TR 7x for my driver and Red TR 6s for the 3w (different flexes really threw me off here but whatever, undeniable data is undeniable data.) Would love to stick with Mitsubishi Tensei line but can't deny the numbers I was getting with Ventus. Ideally I only need to worry about one breaking, rather than both. 

Shocked to stumble upon this thread.  I cracked my ventus blue tr 3 wood shaft on the tee box last weekend by lightly tapping it on the ground as I was setting up to a ball during pre shot.  I was stunned that the amount of force i put in to the shaft (again lightly tapping) could snap such a stout shaft.  Really hate to see crickets from Fuji on this.  They make an outstanding shaft but if they can't do right by the consumer, they are dead to me.  Gonna try to contact them, don't like my chances

TM Stealth 9 degrees, Ventus Blue TR 6x

TM Stealth plus 3 wood 15 degrees, Ventus Blue TR 6x

TM Sim2 TI 5 wood, 18 degrees 

Callaway UW '21, 21 degrees

TM P7MC 2023, 4-pw, fujikura axiom 125x

Srixon RTX 6 - 52,56,60 

Odyssey White Hot OG 1 Wide, KBS graphite putter shaft

On 11/18/2023 at 11:49 PM, nashnilly said:

Anyone know if this breaking issue is a thing with Ventus Red TR? Begrudgingly got fit into Blue TR 7x for my driver and Red TR 6s for the 3w (different flexes really threw me off here but whatever, undeniable data is undeniable data.) Would love to stick with Mitsubishi Tensei line but can't deny the numbers I was getting with Ventus. Ideally I only need to worry about one breaking, rather than both. 

I have a red tr 7x tipped in my driver and it's been nothing but fantastic. It was one of my concerns but I didn't see anyone with a red failure.

• Like 1

Just now, nashnilly said:

I couldn't find anyone with red tr problems either, so this gives some assurance. Thanks

Just don’t swing too hard or shoulder slam it and you’ll be fine

It seems to me that the OG Black, OG Blue and TR Blue are the victims here.  I haven't heard or seen any OG/TR Red or TR Black failing. 

• Like 2

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

3 hours ago, ShooterMcDabbin said:

It happened again… Six rounds and two snapped shafts. 😔

IMG_3719.jpeg

IMG_3720.jpeg

Too much shoulder dabbin

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, ShooterMcDabbin said:

It happened again… Six rounds and two snapped shafts. 😔

IMG_3719.jpeg

IMG_3720.jpeg

Damn your shoulder must be in pain

• Haha 2

This thread had caused me to go down a rabbit hole that I could not get out of.

Was gaming a Ventus Blue for 2 seasons and just got a Ventus TR Blue and had about a half dozen rounds in and it's performed great. Now that I read all these experiences, it's in the back of my mind that there's a chance my head could go flying and with my luck it would be a tee shot with a forced carry over water...

Since I couldn't shake it from my sub-conscious I picked up an AD UB on a whim. Pinned it head to head with my Ventus TR Blue and the trackman numbers show the AD UB performs better for me.  Now the real test will be next week on a golf trip to Orlando. Hope those numbers translate to the course!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Titleist TSR3 10° | Ventus Blue VeloCore+

Titleist TSi2 16.5° | AD DI 7 

Titleist TSi2 21° | AD DI 8 

Srixon ZX5 4-GW | Modus3 105

Taylormade MG4 | 54SB  58SBC

Swag Golf DGAP Handsome One | LAGolf P-Series 135

ProV1X

10 hours ago, jonkevin said:

Was gaming a Ventus Blue for 2 seasons and just got a Ventus TR Blue and had about a half dozen rounds in and it's performed great. Now that I read all these experiences, it's in the back of my mind that there's a chance my head could go flying and with my luck it would be a tee shot with a forced carry over water...

Since I couldn't shake it from my sub-conscious I picked up an AD UB on a whim. Pinned it head to head with my Ventus TR Blue and the trackman numbers show the AD UB performs better for me.  Now the real test will be next week on a golf trip to Orlando. Hope those numbers translate to the course!

So the two times my shaft broke on me, nothing went “flying”. The shaft just kind of folded in on itself. Mine broke at impact, so imagine all of that energy from my swing dissipating at the break point, you aren’t going to get much out of it. This is my experience and one I’ve seen many others experience as well, but I definitely see what you are afraid of.

I can’t imagine a way that the shaft would break in your swing and it would be flying. Just speaking from a pure physics standpoint, it doesn’t make sense to me. Just my $.02

1 hour ago, NerdyGolfer said:

So the two times my shaft broke on me, nothing went “flying”. The shaft just kind of folded in on itself. Mine broke at impact, so imagine all of that energy from my swing dissipating at the break point, you aren’t going to get much out of it. This is my experience and one I’ve seen many others experience as well, but I definitely see what you are afraid of.

I can’t imagine a way that the shaft would break in your swing and it would be flying. Just speaking from a pure physics standpoint, it doesn’t make sense to me. Just my $.02

Thanks for sharing that info. I'm holding on to my TR for now so its good to know that if it does happen, i won't lose the head as well

ProV1X

On 11/25/2023 at 8:51 PM, jonkevin said:

TR Blue and UB are similar EI profile wise and numbers on trackman were almost identical for me.  The only difference is that the UB feels smoother.  Either way your situation is a win-win. 

39 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

TR Blue and UB are similar EI profile wise and numbers on trackman were almost identical for me.  The only difference is that the UB feels smoother.  Either way your situation is a win-win. 

That's what I was noticing when I hit them side by side at the range. I've always got along well with GD shafts in the past.. .still play the DI in my 4W and 7W so i enjoy that smooth feel. I'm excited to get it on the course for 72 holes at the end of the week.

Edited by jonkevin

ProV1X

• 1 month later...
On 11/18/2023 at 8:49 PM, nashnilly said:

Got fitted for a Red TR, lasted about 2 months before it broke.  YMMV of course, and I hope you had a better experience than I did.

• Sad 1

Paradym 10.5 w/Graphite Design ADHD 5S

Paradym 3WHL w/ Tensei Blue 6S

Paradym 7W w/ Tensei Blue 6S

Ping 425 4H w/Tensei Orange 80HYS at 23°

Yonex Ezone CB 301 5-PW w/ Nippon Modus TOUR125S

Mizuno Copper T22 50S, 54D, 58X w/ Project X LZ 6.0

LAB Golf B.2