2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Broken Ventus TR

Redbird

5 hours ago, Bad9 said:

You need to line them up so that the same area of each shaft is side by side. This pic obviously shows different areas of each shaft.

While I see what you're getting at there, there is no combination of natural or artificial light where I can make my (early) TR Blue look like the top one. I always thought the weave was incredibly faint even in the brightest light so it makes sense they'd tweak that to be more noticeable:

image.png.831473f96329789e848319714173b451.png

The bottom left corner is as prominent as the weave ever looks on mine. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J15 CB 4i-7i 23*- 34* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 38*- 46* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM9 50* Raw F-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot // Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

• 1 month later...

TR 7s 5 wood shaft.  I legitimately think this is a “weak shaft” in the mid section.  I did a little flip toss after a poor shot and it snapped like a twig.  Of course I felt stupid after (playing alone) but still I was very surprised.  It was not forceful at all.  But, I was familiar with this thread and just kind of shook my head.   Lesson learned and even though it’s a brilliant shaft I am hesitant to buy another.  

3BCC61A3-C009-4EB3-A86C-85EAACCE6950.jpeg

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

On 7/20/2022 at 5:50 AM, markheardjr said:

I work in the aircraft industry on the leading edge of composite bonded aircraft.

Wing leading edge or technology leading edge?

• Haha 1

TSR3 9° Tensei Black 65X
TSi2 15° ATX Green 75TX
917F 18° ATX Green 85X
ZX5 MkII 4-5 / ZX7 MkII 6-P  Modus 120X
ZipCore 50° Modus 120X

Vokey SM9 54S/60M Modus 125 Wedge
Nike Neo

ZStar

8 hours ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

TR 7s 5 wood shaft.  I legitimately think this is a “weak shaft” in the mid section.  I did a little flip toss after a poor shot and it snapped like a twig.  Of course I felt stupid after (playing alone) but still I was very surprised.  It was not forceful at all.  But, I was familiar with this thread and just kind of shook my head.   Lesson learned and even though it’s a brilliant shaft I am hesitant to buy another.  

Sorry to see that. I came across a rather ironic statement the other day when Fujikura stated the area in mid-shaft was the weak point and was being reinforced in the VR. I wouldn’t touch one with a barge pole.

Edited by Pastit
Missed word
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

I've slammed and thrown so many graphite shafted clubs so hard at the ground and never had one break before. Some people will probably reply to you with a high and mighty opinion of why it broke and etc - but I agree with you.

Anger aside I frequently let go of my clubs at the top of the swing if its a very bad swing so they kinda fall behind me and none have broken that way, either.

Edited by third-times-a-charm
  • Like 2

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

13 hours ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

I can unfortunately tell you from experience that the “flip toss” method is a high probability of a clean break. This likely isn’t an indication of a design flaw

• Like 1

10 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

I've slammed and thrown so many graphite shafted clubs so hard at the ground and never had one break before. Some people will probably reply to you with a high and mighty opinion of why it broke and etc - but I agree with you.

Anger aside I frequently let go of my clubs at the top of the swing if its a very bad swing so they kinda fall behind me and none have broken that way, either.

Exactly. I appreciate not judging.  The post is to raise awareness that the shaft, as great as it is, MAY* have a weak point in the midsection and hopefully someone may be a little more careful than I.

It’s not normal for sure.  I’ve done it with driver a few times…it’s just not a violent move.  More like a pillow fight toss.  I don’t have expendable income so I’m very conscious of my goods.  I will think twice before doing something like that again, just like I’ll think twice about buying a TR Blue.  

*Its worth noting that it’s only the blue.

Edited by Avidswampthing66
  • Like 1

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

On 12/2/2022 at 5:01 PM, JermWRX said:

Glad I came across this thread. I’m shopping for a Ventus now, and this has put that to a halt. No chance I’m spending premium prices to get a junk shaft that snaps at the drop of a hat. Dodged a bullet here. Back to GD, I guess.

Yep, keep with the GD. Honestly, I switched to GD because I was hesitant to splash out $$$ on the TR. Was pretty keen on the Black TR as well.

Having said that, I have zero problems with my Blue and Black Ventus, great shafts really & I had them for a couple/few years now so those are SOLID.

Just not the TR, not even at BST prices. IMO.

• Like 1

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

On 12/1/2022 at 10:50 PM, Fairways_and_Greens said:

Wing leading edge or technology leading edge?

Both

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 75 6.0

TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 75 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 3-19° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 4-22° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

Srixon ZU85 5 26° w/ PX RDX Smoke 100 6.5

Srixon ZX7 6-PW w/ Nippon Modus Tour125 X

Cleveland 588 RTX 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Scotty Cameron SSS Circle T Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter

• 1 month later...

So my ventus TR 6x broke in half today.... best shot of my sim round... 173.1 ballspeed on trackman and as I follow thru the head flies to the screen....

Whats the outcome of dealing with fuji here? They know they have an issue?

Ping G430 10k - 9* - Ventus TR Black 6x

Callaway Apex UW - 19* - Ventus Black 7x

PXG 0311P Gen6 - 5i-GW - DG x100

Vokey SM9 - 52.12F, 56.14F - DG x100ss

Vokey SM9 - 60.08M - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Callaway PM Grind 64 - KBS C-Taper 130x

L.A.B Link.1
Callaway Chrome Soft X LS
Best Grips Perforated Leather
Vessel Player III - Citrine/White/Black (Riding)
Vessel VLS DXR - Grey/Orange (Walking/half-bag)

Their response will be “what issue”?  Worst company in golf….

Ping G430 Max 10K UST Lin-Q Black 6f5
Ping G430 15* AV Raw Blue 75 TX

Titleist TSi2 21* AV Raw Blue 75TX
Ping 3 iCrossover Tour 2.0 S 
Ping Blueprint S 5-W UST Dart V 120 F5
Ping S159 50S 54S UST Daet V 120 F5

Vokey 58M MMT 125 TX
Lab Mezz 1 Accra 
Snell Prime

14 hours ago, Mahamilto said:

So my ventus TR 6x broke in half today.... best shot of my sim round... 173.1 ballspeed on trackman and as I follow thru the head flies to the screen....

In the U.K. at least it’s a matter for the retailer. 

18 hours ago, Mahamilto said:

How long had you owned it?  I am just curious.  I went away from the Ventus (not because of this issue).  But am thinking of picking up another for my driver.  I was hoping we were past whatever the hell is going on with them by now. 

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

6m of use; pulled professionally once. 

I have a long follow thru and sometimes the shaft does contact my back in the follow thru, but not viciously or anything. This just snapped off and went into the trackman screen after my follow thru. 

the shaft didn’t even contact my back very hard. Just crack. I’ve had many other shafts take that same swing and contact without a single issue. 

Edited by Mahamilto

Ping G430 10k - 9* - Ventus TR Black 6x

Callaway Apex UW - 19* - Ventus Black 7x

PXG 0311P Gen6 - 5i-GW - DG x100

Vokey SM9 - 52.12F, 56.14F - DG x100ss

Vokey SM9 - 60.08M - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Callaway PM Grind 64 - KBS C-Taper 130x

L.A.B Link.1
Callaway Chrome Soft X LS
Best Grips Perforated Leather
Vessel Player III - Citrine/White/Black (Riding)
Vessel VLS DXR - Grey/Orange (Walking/half-bag)

• 5 weeks later...

ventus TR 7tx 1 : TMAG stealth 0

5C454C3D-941E-4A9C-9DD8-42C30756A2E7.jpeg.79452047a6108b2435b34f87eaa74d4b.jpeg

tr holding strong #ventusstrong 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

32 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Hitting some frozen balls outside?

75 in Houston 

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

13 hours ago, gibsonjk said:

I just had a ventus tr blue 6s break right in the middle on a normal swing so I guess since I didn't order it from a oem I'm screwed huh lame 350 down the drain only had it 3 weeks

Did you purchase the shaft from a fujikura authorized dealer?  If so you should be under warranty.

6 hours ago, kerila07 said:

Did you purchase the shaft from a fujikura authorized dealer?  If so you should be under warranty.

I talked the the shop i bought it from and there gonna send it back to fujikura for inspection before they send a new one but it broke right in the middle on the fujikura stamp he said he doubted they would replace it since it broke in that spot near the middle even tho it broke on a normal swing  but I sent it back so hopefully they will replace it ill let you all know how it goes

There are 12 pages of TR issues and to say "there is no problem" is absurd.  Nothing like that with prior gen or any other shaft for that matter.  Hope they resolve it bc imho this will hurt their reputation.  Especially from the shaft geeks like me

• Like 1

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

What makes me laugh is our fine friend from fuji is all over the thread about their new iron shaft, but crickets here in this thread.  Any good company would take responsibility for a design or quality control issue. Not Fuji, they have chosen  to look the other way with an obvious issue.  No interest in helping those who have dropped a good amount of money to support their company and a new product. 

• Like 4

Ping G430 Max 10K UST Lin-Q Black 6f5
Ping G430 15* AV Raw Blue 75 TX

Titleist TSi2 21* AV Raw Blue 75TX
Ping 3 iCrossover Tour 2.0 S 
Ping Blueprint S 5-W UST Dart V 120 F5
Ping S159 50S 54S UST Daet V 120 F5

Vokey 58M MMT 125 TX
Lab Mezz 1 Accra 
Snell Prime

Mine broke in the same area also and a day before I watched my friend take a practice swing with his red tr and it snapped in the same place., I was told be the shop I bought it from to send it back to Travis at Fujikura.. Shaft was received back in the beginning of Feb and heard nothing the other day I called the shop to find out the status.. They told me to call Fuji myself since nothing was being done. Fujikura basically told me its not covered since it didn't break 3 inches from the tip or butt and they won't do anything.. I brought up this thread and how many other people had the same issue and they didn't even seem to care. Just like there ghosting everyone on here!

• Sad 1

On 2/19/2023 at 11:45 AM, Avidswampthing66 said:

There are 12 pages of TR issues and to say "there is no problem" is absurd.  Nothing like that with prior gen or any other shaft for that matter.  Hope they resolve it bc imho this will hurt their reputation.  Especially from the shaft geeks like me

That is not accurate, same issue with original shaft as well.

• Like 1

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

2024 TP5X (as of now)

23 minutes ago, Wardonation said:

That is not accurate, same issue with original shaft as well.

Thanks for the assist here.  They are all over their AXIUM page...but over here its radio silence.

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

3 hours ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

Thanks for the assist here.  They are all over their AXIUM page...but over here its radio silence.

I agree and feel like they have handled this issue "poor at best" You would have thought they would have fixed before they rolled out the "TR" versions. Great products, great people horrible warranty policies. They can get away with it though, ever since the "Ventus" line came out. They are just so good but before that line no way... I had an original blue ventus break and made the switch back to Mitsubishi Chemical. The new Kai'li line is so good.

• Like 1

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

2024 TP5X (as of now)

2 minutes ago, Wardonation said:

I agree and feel like they have handled this issue "poor at best" You would have thought they would have fixed before they rolled out the "TR" versions. Great products, great people horrible warranty policies. They can get away with it though, ever since the "Ventus" line came out. They are just so good but before that line no way... I had an original blue ventus break and made the switch back to Mitsubishi Chemical. The new Kai'li line is so good.

Mitsubushi all the way for me as well.  I still haven't tried the Kai'li line but am itching to do so.  TR blue was my last Ventus.  I want to test TR Red in driver but my ego won't let me.  Nope!  Plus, the Diamana and 1K lines have my full attention.

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X