New Srixon ZX7 MKII irons – 2022 Shriners Children's Open

7 hours ago, Minarets said:

Do we still not have pics of the sole of ZX5? 

Attached is a pic; from left to right: MP32, NL 623CB, ZX5 MKii. 

These are some wiiidddeee soles and I hope I can get used to them. I remember jumping from MP4s to NL623CB and thinking it was a massive size jump. The sole width on the MP32 looks to be almost half the size of the ZX5 7 iron. 

I was surprised to see the soles get wider in the shorter irons. 

EDCC5A2D-D26F-44C6-B876-037F887C0AC5.jpeg.4ce6e60192cea1d6611b350840aa2bd3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Iron History: Macgregor blades -> Tour Model 3 -> 20 year hiatus -> Callaway Rogue (ugh) -> PtxPro -> P790 -> MP4 -> MP32 -> 623CB -> ZX5 mkII -> Cobra Tours

Dr: Titleist TSR3

3W: Ping G430 SFT

7W: Callaway Paradym

4H: Cobra King Tec

5-GW: Titleist T100

W: Edison 2.0

P: Odessey Versa 7

Anyone else test these yet and see a reduction in ball speed and increase in spin? Took my new zx7 MKii to the sim yesterday and they seem to play like they are lower lofted. Launch a touch higher, ball speed down, spin up. Not complaining as the numbers are better, just surprised. 

I haven't checked the lofts yet, but Combo of all factors seems to be a 3-5yd reduction in yardage. Basically ideal. 

I also noticed a sizeable gap from PW to 9i(which could very likely have been swing related).

Also note that I have a new shaft in there from my previous zx7(C-Tape Lite to Nippon 120).

The theme amongst the YouTube reviewers seems to be consistency. TXG and 2nd Swing (two of my favorites) were both very impressed with how tight the front to back dispersion was and how tight the spin rate was. When I played the OG ZX7, that is one thing that stood out to me. My misses almost always ended up around the expected carry distance on slight misses. Can't wait to get these in the bag. 

• Like 2

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

2 hours ago, Ryan19jwu said:

Anyone else test these yet and see a reduction in ball speed and increase in spin? Took my new zx7 MKii to the sim yesterday and they seem to play like they are lower lofted. Launch a touch higher, ball speed down, spin up. Not complaining as the numbers are better, just surprised. 

I haven't checked the lofts yet, but Combo of all factors seems to be a 3-5yd reduction in yardage. Basically ideal. 

I also noticed a sizeable gap from PW to 9i(which could very likely have been swing related).

Also note that I have a new shaft in there from my previous zx7(C-Tape Lite to Nippon 120).

Haven't yet, but am interested about this and seeing if it changes the shaft one should play. Might try to hit them at some point to test it out.

Does anyone know how the sole width of these compare to the 745’s?

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5° | Ventus TR Blue 6s

Taylormade BRNR Mini 13.5° | Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5

Callaway Apex UW 19° | Tour AD TP 7s

Callaway XR Pro 23° | Tour AD DI 95x
Maltby TS1 IM/TS4 5-PW | Dynamic Gold S300
Cleveland RTX 6: 50° 56° 60° | KBS Tour Custom 120s Black 

L.A.B. DF 3 Counterbalance 37.5" | TPT Putter Shaft 

ZX5LS, ZX7 4-P, ZX5 4-P and ZX4 4 Iron coming Friday to test out against previous gen ZX7.  I tried getting the ZX5 4-5 iron in the bag last year, just wasn't as consistent for me as ZX7.  Really interested about the ZX4 4 iron. I'm hoping I can get into a split set with all 3 (ZX4 4, ZX5 5-6, ZX7 7-9).  We shall see.

Paradym TD 8° @ 9° | Paradym TD 15° | UW 19° | Honma TW747V 4-9 | Zipcore 47°/51°/55°/59° | Evnroll EV2 Armlock

In case anyone else is in the same boat as me and wanting to order single irons directly from Srixon via their website, I reached out to them and got the following response:

From what I know, I do believe that is something we are currently working on.
With the new website just being released along with the new product, there has been a few adjustments to be made.
I would imagine this is something available sooner than later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

8 hours ago, Ryan19jwu said:

Can you really say it is reduced ball speed if you are using a different shaft? Highly doubt their new models would have lower ball speeds....

Stealth OG 10.5 Ventus Red 6s

Epic flash 18deg Fujikura pro 6.0s

Maverick 21deg 7wd Fujikura pro 7.0S

5i-Aw Srixon ZX5  KBS TGI 100

52 Glide 4.0 SS KBS TGI 100

56 Glide 4.0 WS KBS TGI 100

60 Glide 4.0 TS KBS TGI 100

Lab DF3 70 deg 35.5" Accra Black

I just wanted to share my order experiance. I ordered a mixed set of zx5s and xz7s from a PGA Superstore on Jan 11th. After testing the heads with some different shafts I went with the NS Pro Neo shafts and added a lie angle adjustment. I asked that they have Srixon ship direct to my home since the store I orderd from is an hour away (long story). Anyway,  I just got the FedEx tracking info via the store, they shipped 6 days after the order was placed. They should be delivered Friday. Love this company.  Best of luck to those that are ordering.

• Like 1

My Zx7 mkII's were built in 2 days and shipped. They put Midsize grips on all of my clubs except for the 4 iron even though I ordered standard grips +2 wraps for everything. Called customer service and they sent me out replacement grips which i was fine with (other option was send them back to be regripped). I have played 785 and Zx7's so i know the product is good, but if this was my first experience with Srixon I would have likely sent them back due to how sloppy of a job they did putting on 6 grips incorrectly and then one random grip on correctly. 

Impressions though are these are getting really really good. These are about as perfect as you can get combining forgiveness with a players profile. Shorter irons could use a slighter thinner topline and sole widths could be reduced a little more, but other than that they are a homerun. I have 2 hours in the bay this Sunday and my expectation is these will perform identical to my old zx7's. 

• Like 1
:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3 Fairway 15.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 75tx) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 85tx)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord

I might be in the minority, I have seen the MKII irons but did not see much improvement to spend more Franklins over previous model. So last week, I place an order for first generation ZX7 5-PW with Modus 105 stiff from my club pro. I'll have about extra $300 or so to spend on other clubs.

I will keep my ZX5 for now but the Modus 125 shaft is getting bit heavy for me.

• Like 2

63 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

TM Stealth 10.5, GD XC-6 stiff

TM Qi10 3HL GD DI-7 stiff

TM SIM2 Rescue 19* & 23*

TM P770 5-PW, DG120 S300

TM MG4 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

Also in that boat - I'm part of the smart minority that thinks the previous model is much more pleasing to the eye. I prefer the squared off look akin to the 745s and ZX7s. They seemed to round off the topline instead of keeping it boxy which throws off the lines. They still look better than 95% of everything else out there but glad I didn't pull the trigger. Might stash a set of the ZX7 heads if I can...

TSR4 9* with Graphite Design AD-IZ 6X
SIM2 13.75* with PX Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70TX

SIM2 17.5* with PX Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 80TX
Srixon ZX7 4-9 with KBS $-Taper 130X
Titleist SM9 46F with KBS $-Taper 130X
Titleist SM9 50F with KBS $-Taper 130X

Titleist SM9 54S with KBS $-Taper 130X

Titleist SM8 58L with KBS $-Taper 130X
Brandon Matthews NO.1 CAP Custom

Titleist ProV1

5 minutes ago, br61 said:

I might be in the minority, I have seen the MKII irons but did not see much improvement to spend more Franklins over previous model. So last week, I place an order for first generation ZX7 5-PW with Modus 105 stiff from my club pro. I'll have about extra $300 or so to spend on other clubs.

I will keep my ZX5 for now but the Modus 125 shaft is getting bit heavy for me.

Nothing wrong with ordering the prior generation as they will perform perfectly fine. The refinements you see on the MKII's are subtle, but noticeable if you have a history with Srixon irons. In my case the reduced offset, blade length, and overall design of where they placed more mass was enough for me to say I have to have these (even though blade length and offset changes are minimal). 

• Like 2
:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3 Fairway 15.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 75tx) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 85tx)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord

1 minute ago, AvgSlicer said:

Golftown here in Canada has the prior gen on sale for $999. Seems like a great deal but am I missing out a lot vs new gen?

If you like the stock shaft and want to save the $, go for it. Minimal improvements from hitting them both on a monitor. 

Titleist TSR2 10° Ventus TR Red | Titleist TSI2 3 wood 15° | Callaway UW 19° | Titleist T100 | Taylormade MG3 | Toulon Design Portland

7 minutes ago, AvgSlicer said:

Golftown here in Canada has the prior gen on sale for $999. Seems like a great deal but am I missing out a lot vs new gen?

Both are excellent and I don't think you can go wrong either way. The new irons, for me, have a more appealing top line and overall shaping. Feel as good (still Endo forged if not mistaken)... no OG ZX7s available this side any longer so took the plunge. Will do some testing with the full set but what seems consistent in the feedback is improved spin rates which I would prefer as a high speed iron player...

Srixon ZX5 LS Driver, Project X Hzrdus Black, 70g 6.5

Cobra Fly Z Fairway, UST Elements Fire, 7F5 

Cobra Fly Z Hybrid, Aldila Tour Blue ATX85H 2.3-X

Srixon ZX7 MKII 4-PW, True Temper X100

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Biomech Acculock Ace / Ping B90 Broomstick

4 hours ago, AvgSlicer said:

Interesting no first generation ZX7 irons, only ZX4 and 5. There much be some ZX7 irons in stock north of the border?!?

Srixon is known for quality irons at a reasonable price, the price point has increased with the second generation $1,600 not sure how that compares with the other big brands or if the prices are also up in the USA.

8 minutes ago, Begbie said:

Interesting no first generation ZX7 irons, only ZX4 and 5. There much be some ZX7 irons in stock north of the border?!?

Srixon is known for quality irons at a reasonable price, the price point has increased with the second generation $1,600 not sure how that compares with the other big brands or if the prices are also up in the USA.

Saw a set of 7’s in one of the stores near me. Hope they’re still there tomorrow lol. 

8 hours ago, ewaldbeukes said:

My ZX7s arrived. Let me know if anyone has requests for pics or measurements. They look great in hand

A58F3632-D650-49EB-9FC2-E2DAE5FEA7DC.jpeg.f24ddf025d1586d2b4e77e7c6012531b.jpeg

Gorgeous!!! Do you have any other irons you can compare them to for size (sole width, top line, blade length etc)?

Edited by BallerNate

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

5 hours ago, AvgSlicer said:

Yeah, saw that sale and thought about pulling the trigger.

From my experience, it makes more sense to buy custom made for me personally. I need all my irons to be 1* Up and +1" long. So once I pay for the adjustments and re-gripping, it will end up being a comparable dollar amount to ordering a new set custom made by Srixon, and I can choose custom shafts.

Haven't seen or hit the MK II's, so I can't compare yet. I owned a combo set of ZX5 and ZX7 though and they were fantastic clubs!

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

18 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

Yeah, saw that sale and thought about pulling the trigger.

From my experience, it makes more sense to buy custom made for me personally. I need all my irons to be 1* Up and +1" long. So once I pay for the adjustments and re-gripping, it will end up being a comparable dollar amount to ordering a new set custom made by Srixon, and I can choose custom shafts.

Haven't seen or hit the MK II's, so I can't compare yet. I owned a combo set of ZX5 and ZX7 though and they were fantastic clubs!

Ya that makes sense. Putting together a new bag (clubs were stolen from condo storage) and always like the looks of the Srixon just never tried them after hearing many talk about how they are better for steeper swings (I’m pretty shallow). So this summer might be the time to give them a go

1 hour ago, AvgSlicer said:

Ya that makes sense. Putting together a new bag (clubs were stolen from condo storage) and always like the looks of the Srixon just never tried them after hearing many talk about how they are better for steeper swings (I’m pretty shallow). So this summer might be the time to give them a go

Very sorry to hear about your clubs getting stolen man…absolutely brutal!!

Wish I could tell you more about the ZX7’s. I’m very shallow too, definitely a sweeper.

For me, I’m not sure if the ZX5/ZX7’s weren’t a fit for me because of the V-Sole, or because I got bad advice from a fitter who told me to get incorrect specs.

After my iron fitting last year I was advised to get my irons extended by 1.5” and bent 2* Up, but I learned the hard way that was too long and too upright. So I wasted money on Z785’s, ZX5/ZX7’s, and TM P790’s that were all the wrong specs.

So really with all 3 of those sets of irons I don’t know if the clubs were the wrong fit, or the specs that the fitter incorrectly advised.

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

3 hours ago, BallerNate said:

Gorgeous!!! Do you have any other irons you can compare them to for size (sole width, top line, blade length etc)?

Will do a comparison against my MP5s

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

I’m in the group of OG ZX7 users that won’t be upgrading. There’s really no reason to, and the slight changes they have made seem to me to be going in the direction I least prefer at this stage. No criticism of Srixon, I think they were smart to just make very slight changes.

Looks like I’ll be waiting for the next generation (although I **might** end up being tempted by the new blades)

😂

TaylorMade Qi10 10.5* 
Callaway BB Alpha 816 16*
Srixon Z H45 Hybrid 19* 
Srixon ZX Utility 23*
Srixon ZX5 Mk II 5-AW

Callaway Jaws Raw Black 54 & 58
TaylorMade Spider Tour Black
Bridgestone Tour RX

7 hours ago, BallerNate said:

Hope this works. Compared the 4, 7 and P against my MPs. Very comparable on all fronts... was actually surprised by how much smaller they were... MP5 was the forgiving channel back blade though... 

**Hold on - changing to JPGs quick

Edited by ewaldbeukes
Photos

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

4 minutes ago, ewaldbeukes said:

Hope this works. Compared the 4, 7 and P against my MPs. Very comparable on all fronts... was actually surprised by how much smaller they were... MP5 was the forgiving channel back blade though... 

**Hold on - changing to JPGs quick

Topline, back and sole...IMG_0556.jpg.92022c2f048cbd8827697a9caf93bb8e.jpgIMG_0557.jpg.be4270a7bea0cc832d16aaf640673991.jpgIMG_0558.jpg.4eaeac07a19e7d29273c86e120646bec.jpgIMG_0559.jpg.1a7aa7161614f0c12aa7cba950eac66f.jpgIMG_0560.jpg.ae17e3defa88f848ec82f469a7253975.jpgIMG_0561.jpg.a1773cb77385c49e6d05db2121e1e8e2.jpgIMG_0562.jpg.f7740bfe91c084e49601bd5fafdbe0b8.jpgIMG_0563.jpg.aba874f3d0dcb80388b2c82795aa578a.jpgIMG_0564.jpg.f367df6576676dae7ad236c404025d68.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58