Bryson, “I lost 20 pounds in a month.”

bscinstnct

23 hours ago, Rosco1216 said:

If he’s really 6’1”, he is weighing 195-200 and caliper testing around 8%BF here. He will try and stay in this range if he continues with his lifting and long drive stuff. 

He doesn't look like 8% bf but closer to 12%.  Calipers are inaccurate to measure bf.  Regardless, he looks a lot better compared to the past where he was 240 and bloated. 

Edited by phizzy30

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

2 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

He doesn't look like 8% bf but closer to 12%.  Calipers are inaccurate to measure bf.  Regardless, he looks a lot better compared to the past where he was 240 and bloated. 

Correct it’s inaccurate for total body fat as it can’t measure visceral.  8%bf for caliper for subcutaneous fat. Would bod pod or water test around 12-13% id guess as well.

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Miura CB 1008 4-P - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

21 minutes ago, Custom said:

Lot of haters on this forum, dude looks better than 99.9% of the members on here give him some credit.

I think Bryson is a tool and posting a picture like this on social media is a textbook example of a desperate thirst trap. But credit where it due, the dude got fit. Certainly looks better than he did. 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dutch1008 said:

I think Bryson is a tool and posting a picture like this on social media is a textbook example of a desperate thirst trap. But credit where it due, the dude got fit. Certainly looks better than he did. 

spacer.png

BD got great genetics. Considering he do no compound lifts (bench or shoulder press) that’s a very solid physique. 

BK was benching 225x15 and didn’t even looked like he lifted at all 🤣

Was just as good - no calipers (or trainers) necessary. It's golf.

d263c754e5f1e0e55a3dcd31e85e1fda.jpg

• Like 2

Cobra SZ 10.5 Ventus Blue 5s
Cobra Radspeed 15.5 Motore X F3 6s
Cobra SZ 18.5 Tensei Blue 65s

Cobra SZ 21.5 Atmos Blue 7s
Cobra Forged Tec X 5-G Recoil 95 F3

Cleveland CBX Zipcore   54/12   58/10
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless NP2

14 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

BD got great genetics. Considering he do no compound lifts (bench or shoulder press) that’s a very solid physique. 

Brooks probably lifts for strength, Bryson's style should favor hypertrophy (isolated single joint, lower weight, higher volume) so that doesn't surprise me much. Brooks also doesn't seem to really keep his diet in check either.

One of the guys I would run into at my old gym was a bit taller than me, like 5'9 or 5'10 and pretty lean, like a runner's-type physique (dude did a lot of cardio/Xfit stuff up there). I'll be damned if he couldn't post some eyebrow-raising numbers on the Big 3 for his size and frame; his workouts on those were always a few warm up reps and then a 2-3 rep set with heavy weight.  

• Like 1

A bag of left-handed junk.
Driver: SIM Max 10.5 Blue Smoke RDX 6.5
Apex UW 19* Black Smoke RDX 6.5
4-PW: Callaway Prototype PX 6.5 LZ
60, 56, 52: Callaway Mack Daddy, KBS Tour S
Cameron Select Newport 2

On 11/20/2022 at 2:26 PM, vernon said:

My money is still on the world's richest man........

Read up on how it turned out for any of the prior "world's richest men." In historical terms most of them are seen as villains.

In fact, I can't think of one example of someone who was considered the world's richest man during his time who is also broadly considered to be a good guy who left the world better than he found it. Usually they are content to conquer and pillage. 

Then, like the rest of us, they die. 

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS

12 minutes ago, me05501 said:

Read up on how it turned out for any of the prior "world's richest men." In historical terms most of them are seen as villains.

In fact, I can't think of one example of someone who was considered the world's richest man during his time who is also broadly considered to be a good guy who left the world better than he found it. Usually they are content to conquer and pillage. 

Then, like the rest of us, they die. 

“Then, like the rest of us, they die. “

EM may not plan on dying. Perhaps this research can, if advanced exponentially, in his lifetime, can “capture” one’s persona in a chip…and he live forever yo!

Elon Musk expects Neuralink's brain chip to begin human trials in 6 months

“Neuralink’s last public presentation, more than a year ago, involved a monkey with a brain chip that played a computer game by thinking alone. read more

“He also talks of melding the brain with artificial intelligence.“

https://www.reuters.com/technology/elon-musk-says-expects-neuralink-begin-human-trials-six-months-2022-12-01/

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Haha 1

Eternal life is exactly like true level five self driving cars (or flying cars for that matter).  As long as VC funds keep flowing it's forever going to be six months away, from now until the sun swallows the earth.  That said, there are some things neural implants can do for things like epilepsy and Parkinson's, but serious people have been working those concepts long before Elon came along to dilettante everything up.

Back on topic, this is me IRL so I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to criticize Bryson.

spacer.png

Can't criticize Bryson if you can't bench press him.  Can't criticize Elon unless you're richer than him.  Chamblee can't criticize Tiger because he hasn't won as much as him.  On and on, same old same old.

Back off topic, true story.  Buddy of mine is absolute top of his field in cutting edge cancer research.  All sorts of patents to his name, has pushed all sorts of things through the FDA and his work as saved thousands of lives thus far and will no doubt save millions more as time goes on and the methods him and his team have invented become mainstream.  I've picked his brain on the life extension fantasies of people like Elon.  He is utterly dismissive of human lifespans ever cracking the 120 year barrier, especially men.  Says simply that prostate cancer will get us all in the end.  To quote, "it's just a bad design."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jmck said:

Eternal life is exactly like true level five self driving cars (or flying cars for that matter).  As long as VC funds keep flowing it's forever going to be six months away, from now until the sun swallows the earth.  That said, there are some things neural implants can do for things like epilepsy and Parkinson's, but serious people have been working those concepts long before Elon came along to dilettante everything up.

Back on topic, this is me IRL so I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to criticize Bryson.

spacer.png

Can't criticize Bryson if you can't bench press him.  Can't criticize Elon unless you're richer than him.  Chamblee can't criticize Tiger because he hasn't won as much as him.  On and on, same old same old.

Back off topic, true story.  Buddy of mine is absolute top of his field in cutting edge cancer research.  All sorts of patents to his name, has pushed all sorts of things through the FDA and his work as saved thousands of lives thus far and will no doubt save millions more as time goes on and the methods him and his team have invented become mainstream.  I've picked his brain on the life extension fantasies of people like Elon.  He is utterly dismissive of human lifespans ever cracking the 120 year barrier, especially men.  Says simply that prostate cancer will get us all in the end.  To quote, "it's just a bad design."

Yo, jm!

The thing about EM is people always make excuses about how his attainment of success is questionable. 

He gets government loans! (He paid them back 8 years early)

He gets subsidies! Didn’t we all bail out the Big 3 car makers not too long ago?

But bottom line…

Tesla (founded 2003) will sell 2MM EVs next year. 700 billion market cap

Ford (founded 1903) sold a *total of 1.9MM vehicles in 2021. 55 Billion markets cap. 

Guy gets **** done. 

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, jmck said:

spacer.png

I bet the folks at the all you can eat buffet get the shivers when you walk in, lot of work and calories right there to maintain all that. Kind of funny how life works, I spent the 1st part of my adult life (till 44 or so) trying to get bigger and the last 20 years trying to get smaller. Smaller is harder..

Callaway Smoke Max 10.5 GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX CB  5-11 Steelfiber i95 r

Callaway full toe 54* PX IO  6.5

Callaway full toe 58* PX IO 6.5

SLED # 1  35.5

1 hour ago, bscinstnct said:

Yo, jm!

The thing about EM is people always make excuses about how his attainment of success is questionable. 

He gets government loans! (He paid them back 8 years early)

He gets subsidies! Didn’t we all bail out the Big 3 car makers not too long ago?

But bottom line…

Tesla (founded 2003) will sell 2MM EVs next year. 700 billion market cap

Ford (founded 1903) sold a *total of 1.9MM vehicles in 2021. 55 Billion markets cap. 

Guy gets **** done. 

Basic!  You know I love you like a brother, but we might have to agree to disagree on this one.

Elon has a lot of PT Barnum in him, I'll give him that. Surely you know he didn't found Tesla, right?  (And you've quoted Ford's US sales compared to Teslas global sales!).  You could reasonably argue Tesla pushed the BEV industry forward 10+ years (which is great!), but if it wasn't him it would've been someone else (like maybe Tesla's actual founders?) and legacy makers are about to eat Tesla's lunch there, no matter what the market cap says--and there's no excuse for their QC to STILL be as bad as it is, or for selling suckers "full self driving." 

SpaceX is cool as hell no doubt, but a- that's largely because Elon stays out of the way and lets the engineers do their thing, and b- there's a real argument to be made that all of that should be in house with NASA in the first place rather than contracted out to a company run by any single person, let alone Elon Musk. 

Boring/hyperloop is a straight up scam. 

OpenAI has thrown some money at some cool things, again with Elon staying out of the way, but 95% of the people reading this have never heard of it (GPT-3 is now live for everyone to play around with and it's cool as hell). 

Starlink is fine I guess--even bitchy old me has no real complaints there; maybe it's bad for astronomy but the idea itself is so obvious that if it wasn't Elon someone else would've done the same thing.  But don't get me started on Twitter.  That's pure, uncut Elon--no layer of management existing to babysit him like you've got at SpaceX--and it's going to be taught in Dumpster Fires 101 for years to come.

So yeah, he's successful I guess, but in a strictly replacement-level-billionaire kind of way.  

Anyway, thanks for coming to my TED Talk.  Try the veal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jim53 said:

I bet the folks at the all you can eat buffet get the shivers when you walk in, lot of work and calories right there to maintain all that. Kind of funny how life works, I spent the 1st part of my adult life (till 44 or so) trying to get bigger and the last 20 years trying to get smaller. Smaller is harder..

My dude, that was a joke, I look nothing like that, apologies if I didn't make that clear.  I'm like a 50 year old white guy who has enjoyed eating sandwiches for lunch for the last 40 years.  That picture came from googling something like 'gross body builders.'

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jmck said:

My dude, that was a joke, I look nothing like that, apologies if I didn't make that clear.  I'm like a 50 year old white guy who has enjoyed eating sandwiches for lunch for the last 40 years.  That picture came from googling something like 'gross body builders.'

Ha ha, I kind of figured it was a joke. Can't imagine the amount of food needed and chemicals to get to that point. It truely looks uncomfortable, I managed to get up to 260 with pretty good overall condition at 35.

Now I am desperately trying to stay below 220 and need to be 210 (for BP reasons) old and hurt and love cookies...it is a battle.

• Like 1

SLED # 1  35.5

1 hour ago, jmck said:

Basic!  You know I love you like a brother, but we might have to agree to disagree on this one.

Elon has a lot of PT Barnum in him, I'll give him that. Surely you know he didn't found Tesla, right?  (And you've quoted Ford's US sales compared to Teslas global sales!).  You could reasonably argue Tesla pushed the BEV industry forward 10+ years (which is great!), but if it wasn't him it would've been someone else (like maybe Tesla's actual founders?) and legacy makers are about to eat Tesla's lunch there, no matter what the market cap says--and there's no excuse for their QC to STILL be as bad as it is, or for selling suckers "full self driving." 

SpaceX is cool as hell no doubt, but a- that's largely because Elon stays out of the way and lets the engineers do their thing, and b- there's a real argument to be made that all of that should be in house with NASA in the first place rather than contracted out to a company run by any single person, let alone Elon Musk. 

Boring/hyperloop is a straight up scam. 

OpenAI has thrown some money at some cool things, again with Elon staying out of the way, but 95% of the people reading this have never heard of it (GPT-3 is now live for everyone to play around with and it's cool as hell). 

Starlink is fine I guess--even bitchy old me has no real complaints there; maybe it's bad for astronomy but the idea itself is so obvious that if it wasn't Elon someone else would've done the same thing.  But don't get me started on Twitter.  That's pure, uncut Elon--no layer of management existing to babysit him like you've got at SpaceX--and it's going to be taught in Dumpster Fires 101 for years to come.

So yeah, he's successful I guess, but in a strictly replacement-level-billionaire kind of way.  

Anyway, thanks for coming to my TED Talk.  Try the veal.

What EM did to Detroit reminds me of what Honda and Toyota did to them in the 80s

Kicked their butts and ate their lunch 

Without Honda etc, Detroit would have tried to keep pushing those horrendous K Cars and other total garbage they thought they could sell because their was no competition. 

Leave it to the legacy brands and, without Tesla, we’d get garbage EVs…in about 50 years!

Now they all chasing and the consumer will benefit. 

Cheers jm, good to discuss with you as always ; )

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Starlink is fine I guess--even bitchy old me has no real complaints there; maybe it's bad for astronomy but the idea itself is so obvious that if it wasn't Elon someone else would've done the same thing.

Hmmm, there was a Movie about that sort of thing. Putting up 1,000's of Satellites with possible AI smarts....."I'll be back"

I think he may actually be the anti christ, all powerful and his hand on the trigger to destory humanity per say

200w.gif

Edited by Jim53
  • Like 1

SLED # 1  35.5

15 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

What EM did to Detroit reminds me of what Honda and Toyota did to them in the 80s

Kicked their butts and ate their lunch 

Without Honda etc, Detroit would have tried to keep pushing those horrendous K Cars and other total garbage they thought they could sell because their was no competition. 

Leave it to the legacy brands and, without Tesla, we’d get garbage EVs…in about 50 years!

Now they all chasing and the consumer will benefit. 

Cheers jm, good to discuss with you as always ; )

Ha! My folks’s first Honda was a teal ‘81 Accord sedan, five speed with the optional dealer installed AC. Phenomenal car. Even as a pup, young jmck could see what a massive step up it was from the long line of American turds they had before it. Dad used to whip us down the Merritt to the city to see the family. This was back when everything had to have an 85 mph speedometer and that little Accord had a pin at about 87. Remember seeing the speedo needle bend against that pin for long stretches on the straights, back before the Merritt turned into a parking lot. Dad grinning away!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, jmck said:

Ha! My folks’s first Honda was a teal ‘81 Accord sedan, five speed with the optional dealer installed AC. Phenomenal car. Even as a pup, young jmck could see what a massive step up it was from the long line of American turds they had before it. Dad used to whip us down the Merritt to the city to see the family. This was back when everything had to have an 85 mph speedometer and that little Accord had a pin at about 87. Remember seeing the speedo needle bend against that pin for long stretches on the straights, back before the Merritt turned into a parking lot. Dad grinning away!

🤣

Our first was a Civic HB 4-speed in the mid 80s!

I probably saw you on the Merritt but passed you the other way heading up to Conn. with needle buried also ! Although I remember the wheel would start shaking a bit above 85mph lol. 

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bscinstnct said:

🤣

Our first was a Civic HB 4-speed in the mid 80s!

I probably saw you on the Merritt but passed you the other way heading up to Conn. with needle buried also ! Although I remember the wheel would start shaking a bit above 85mph lol. 

Oh yeah, the folks had one of those Civic hatchbacks too, four speed and everything, no AC.  Mustard (/baby puke) yellow on that one.  And yeah, not nearly as stable as the Accords at high speeds.  Wheelbase was too short.  Not like I'd know, not like I rang the piss out of them both, lol.  Almost got thrown in jail one night by a super pissed off cop after flying past an ambulance going flat out with its lights on. 

We couldn't keep any of those Hondas from rusting out though (last one was an '87 Accord LXi in grey.....oooooh fuel injection instead of carbs!  So fancy!) and we all switched to turbo Volvos round about the late 80s.  Serious flyers, those cars, and the cops would never see you coming (ask Letterman if you don't believe me).  50-50 weight balance in the wagons, maybe more like 51-49 in the sedans.  Good tires and bigger sway bars and I'd run out of balls looonnnnngggg before they ran out of speed and grip 🤣

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jim53 said:

Ha ha, I kind of figured it was a joke. Can't imagine the amount of food needed and chemicals to get to that point. It truely looks uncomfortable, I managed to get up to 260 with pretty good overall condition at 35.

Now I am desperately trying to stay below 220 and need to be 210 (for BP reasons) old and hurt and love cookies...it is a battle.

Get a bike 🚴😃

Tell ya, late 40s I started strength/cardio/diet after 15+ years of spaghetti and vino 🤣. Had a good 45 lbs to drop. I gradually lost 20 or so as I built up my lifts. 

Then I got a bike. Insane, by the time I got to doing 20 mile rides with some intervals worked in, freakin weight melting off like crazy. No matter how much I ate, kept sucking weight. Thought I was dying!

Then I stopped biking mostly in favor of all around hiit/kickboxing workouts. But when I ate a surplus again (spaghetti time!), all the strength I gained kicked in hard and I tacked on some solid muscle mass. Still gaining. Then when I can’t see my abs, I move back to a slight deficit. 

But if you want to whittle down to your lean and mean days. Get a bike! You’ll be shocked, get down to like 180!

*talk to your doc first, of course; )

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Like 1

Smart move by BDC.  Anybody who's ever lifted heavy weights and bulked up that quickly knew that he was damaging his joints and that it would eventually catch up to him.  Bulking up is fine, but it should happen over a longer period of time to be safe.

Ping G430 LST 10.5* Tour Black 2.0 65X

Titleist TSr2+ 13* Diamana D+ Limited 80X

Titleist TSr2 16.5* Diamana D+ Limited 80X
Titleist TSi2 21* Speeder HB 8.8 TS
Ping G430 5-UW Steelfiber i80S
Ping Glide 2.0 SS 54* Steelfiber i80S

Cleveland CBX 2 60* DG 115
Scottie Super Select Squareback 2

Titleist AVX/Bridgestone BRX

Smart move to lose some of the bulk. However John Daly two majors by being a big hitter and he didn’t do all this mumbo jumbo Bryson does. He did have a lovely touch with the wedges unlike Bryson though.

Titleist TSR2 10 set at 11 Hzrdus Red CB
Titleist TSI2 16.5 Tensei Blue

Ping G 17.5 set at 18.5 Ping tour shaft.
Titleist TS3 hybrid 21 Tensei Blue
Taylormade 2023 p790 5-PW kbs tour lite
Vokey SM9 50°/12° SM8 56°/14° and SM9 60°/10°
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport two
Taylormade TP5x

[i]Remember there are no pictures on a scorecard, only a number. [/i]

19 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

Get a bike 🚴😃

Tell ya, late 40s I started strength/cardio/diet after 15+ years of spaghetti and vino 🤣. Had a good 45 lbs to drop. I gradually lost 20 or so as I built up my lifts. 

Then I got a bike. Insane, by the time I got to doing 20 mile rides with some intervals worked in, freakin weight melting off like crazy. No matter how much I ate, kept sucking weight. Thought I was dying!

Then I stopped biking mostly in favor of all around hiit/kickboxing workouts. But when I ate a surplus again (spaghetti time!), all the strength I gained kicked in hard and I tacked on some solid muscle mass. Still gaining. Then when I can’t see my abs, I move back to a slight deficit. 

But if you want to whittle down to your lean and mean days. Get a bike! You’ll be shocked, get down to like 180!

*talk to your doc first, of course; )

I did the low carb thing for 2 years and lost 20 after the doc said to lost it or die, was going to the gym and hitting the cardio pretty hard and light weights (before covid hit).

Then the Arthritis jumped me and it is hard to get motivated to do much of anything with the pain, but I do enjoy the golf and knew I had to get off my butt and suck it up or it would not be fun anymore playing.

Back to light weights and walking, feeling better and the cooler weather is enough to get me out and move. Got to keep fighting, old age doesn't care and will take you down if you let it.

• Like 2

SLED # 1  35.5

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/30/2022 at 6:42 PM, bscinstnct said:

Before Brooks had his injuries he looked like a guy that lifted pretty heavily imo

SIM 8* Ventus Black 7x
Ping G25 3 wood Diamana D+ X

NLU 18* DI Ventus Black 10X
Muira 1957 4-PW X100 120
Vokey SM8 M 50*/Vokey SM4 S 56*/Vokey SM8 T 60*
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 35” 
Tour BX S