Tour Edge 3 Wood: C721 vs C722 vs E722. Let's talk about TEE. Any and all experiences requested.

bekgolf

Hi, I'm hoping someone has experience with these. 

There are some good deals around and I'm wondering how much difference there is between the C721, C722 (adjustable), and E722.  Online reviews are all over the place on the C722 (it appears to have taken the place of the pro) and forgiveness for off center strikes.  E722 forgiveness is rated high and the C721 appears to be somewhere in the middle.

I'm also wondering how the Tensei AV Raw White shaft compares to the Hzrdus Black and my hope is a member has experience, I get along well with the Hzrdus Black and Evenflow Black in 6.0 and the AV White appears to be closest to the Black (Black isn's an option with the 722 models).

Thank you for sharing your experiences with these clubs and shafts.

Edited by bekgolf
Less verbose

Tour Edge Exotics:  Irons and Woods

Cleveland:  Wedges

Odyssey:  Putter

The E722 line is great.  I've had a 16.5* and a 18* and loved them both.  They are pretty shallow faced, but if you're ok with that look, I don't think you'll be disappointed.  I've had the stock Ventus with both clubs and I guess it's a pretty good fit for me.   

I picked up a 721Pro this winter to mess around with.  I use 3-wood as much as a teeing club as I do off the deck, so I thought it might be a bit better in that respect.  Haven't been able to play much with it, but my range sessions have been promising.  Class profile and a deeper face than the E722, but that's what I was looking for.  I have the Raw Blue in it, which seems to play pretty similar to the Ventus in the other line.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Srixon Zx5 MKII 9.5* Lin-Q Gunmetal 6

Callaway Paradym HL (set to 15.5*) Speeder Evolution V 661

Tour Edge Exotics E722 18* Ventus Blue 6

Cobra King Tec 4 Utility MMT 80
PXG 0311P Gen2 5-PW MMT 80

Ping Glide 4.0 50* SS, 54* WS KBS Tour
Callaway MD PM Grind Raw 58* KBS Tour
Toulon Garage Le Mans 
Titleist AVX/ProVI

I purchased a CPO C721 15 degree wood with a Hzrdus Black shaft from Tour Edge today.  My 721 driver with the same shaft works so well I decided to stay with the 721 model number in a 3 wood.  Price was fantastic, under $100 with the vet discount. 

I'm really amazed with the TEE products I've purchased.  They have gone from something I didn't ever consider to having permanent places in my bag.  If the new/used CPO club doesn't work out I can send it back for a full refund within 30 days, even after I've used it in "normal play".

• Like 1

I just ordered an E722 3w from their CPO. I forgot about the vet discount, but it was still a great deal at $119. A buddy just got a Hot Launch E522 from their CPO for about the same price. It arrived new in plastic. Mine gets here today. Can't beat the prices.

I've played a number of TEE fairways over the years starting with the legendary CB2. Always great clubs and I wish I still had a few of them. The originally Trilogy fw was incredible from most any lie and as long/forgiving as anything at the time. It's been a few years since I moved on from that club so it will be nice to put a TEE fw back in the bag.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Spankapotamus redux said:

I just ordered an E722 3w from their CPO. I forgot about the vet discount, but it was still a great deal at $119. A buddy just got a Hot Launch E522 from their CPO for about the same price. It arrived new in plastic. Mine gets here today. Can't beat the prices.

I've played a number of TEE fairways over the years starting with the legendary CB2. Always great clubs and I wish I still had a few of them. The originally Trilogy fw was incredible from most any lie and as long/forgiving as anything at the time. It's been a few years since I moved on from that club so it will be nice to put a TEE fw back in the bag.

Ah, yes the Trilogy. sigh.

Heck...I just odered an E722 16.5 from their pre-owned.

Edited by myspinonit
  • Like 1

Older TEE related...

Had a fitting several years ago, that showed I swung faster at 43.5" and even 43" than I did at 44".  Eventually, got the idea to buy an E8 Beta 12* and try it as a driver replacement.  It spun too much for me as a main tee club, but was otherwise lovely; even at 12*, it was nice off the turf.  I'd set it aside for a while.

In the last couple years, as I lose distance, I found myself wanting something for those competition rounds where I might find myself with a long par 5 approach.  I threw it back in the bag.  And it's still delivered; it's like KISS, hotter than hell (yeah, I'm old).  Even with my now 102-104 mph swingspeed, I've been able to hit it off the deck out to 250+ (total, not carry), which is more than I hoped for, honestly.

Main point, you don't have to stick to only the newer TEE stuff.  They're ALL good, if the shaft suits you.

Nice aspect for the E8 Beta and forward, they started using some serious quality real deal shafts.  Mine has a Rogue Silver 70, they also have some with Diamanas, and so on.  And then there are the CB Pro and CB Pro F2...

Sorry for going a bit farther back than our OP was perhaps asking for....

• Thanks 1

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

I have had several Tour Edge fairways and other clubs in my bag since early 2000s.

First was the Tour Edge Bazooka Tungsten Beta Ti w/forest green heads (14* and 19*) for five years, and later the TE Exotics XRail 4W and 7W for five years. Both worked well at their times: dropped Beta Ti when I went back to regular shafts, and later dropped XRails for more aggressive heads.

On newer TE fairways... (I hit a few shots with C722 at golf expo... felt good, but I have never played it in wild)

On newer C or E head... depends a lot of your clubhead speed. E722 touts forgiveness and distance, or easier launch. The C721 or C722 would work better with higher clubhead speed. And, C722 is adjustable, and offers a couple of extra shafts on the Fuji side that C721 doesn't.

I will let others address the Tensei vs. HZRDUS question. 

Side note: TE clubs come with lifetime guarantee. After I had XRails for six years, the 7W shaft broke. Shipped it to TE for a $10 package fee, had a it back in two weeks with original replacement shaft and grip - no extra charge. 

• Like 4

What's In The Bag (As of April 2023, post-MAX change + new putter)

Driver:  Tour Edge EXS 10.5° (base loft); weights neutral   ||  FWs:  Calla Rogue 4W + 7W

Hybrid:  Calla Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  Calla Mavrik MAX 5i-PW

Wedges*:  Calla MD3: 48°... MD4: 54°, 58° ||  PutterΨSeeMore FGP + SuperStroke 1.0PT, 33" shaft

Ball: 1. Srixon Q-Star Tour / 2. Calla SuperHot (Orange preferred)  ||  Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag

* MD4 54°/10 S-Grind replaced MD3 54°/12 W-Grind.

Ψ  Backups:

• Ping Sigma G Tyne (face-balanced) + Evnroll Gravity Grip |
  • Slotline Inertial SL-583F w/ SuperStroke 2.MidSlim (50 gr. weight removed) |

6 hours ago, myspinonit said:

Ah, yes the Trilogy. sigh.

Heck...I just odered an E722 16.5 from their pre-owned.

Mine was on the porch when I got home. It's certainly not new as my buddies E522, but well within an acceptable CPO "good+" condition. Will put it directly in the bag for my afternoon round tomorrow. Ordered it Friday afternoon by the way.

Edited by Spankapotamus redux
  • Like 1

The TEE EXS 220 driver kicked my G400 max out of the bag, and the TEE EXS PRO 5w is the best 5w I’ve ever hit. I had a CBX 119 4w that was a rocket launcher as well. My past 3W is a TEE CB Pro F2 15.5* which I still have and like, I just find I’m better off filing that spot with a mini Driver. 

I had a head come off on my TEE EXS Pro 5w that was like new condition, but a demo from PGASS. Tour Edge replaced the shaft and put on the same grip (Lamkin cord) for no charge other than shipping 

I think they make the best fairway woods in the game, the only ones I feel that rival them are the Cobra Tour model ones, which is saying a lot since I don’t care for Cobra Drivers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have C721 19* hybrid with HZRDUS rdx black 6.5 shaft.  Love the combo and isn't going anywhere.  Have C722 driver and 3 wood with HZRDUS yellow 6.5.  Hands down best driver shaft combo I've gamed. Might not be the longest but by far straightest.  I'll give up 5 yards for more fairways any day.  Verdict still out on the 3 wood.  Need to tinker with it as I tend to miss left.  Love the feel and flight so don't see that leaving either.

Tour Edge Exotics line is so under rated.  You can find super good deals and no question they perform as well as the big boys.  Being only one of a few made in America doesn't hurt either.  Give them a try.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Spankapotamus redux said:

Mine was on the porch when I got home. It's certainly not new as my buddies E522, but well within an acceptable CPO "good+" condition. Will put it directly in the bag for my afternoon round tomorrow. Ordered it Friday afternoon by the way.

Mine is due Tuesday; bit of a flier as with exchange and UPS $235 CDN.  I've liked TEE after the Trilogy but a couple of times went a touch stiff. This time being over 70 I went with the Speeder 40 Reg. Possibly not so popular a shaft so hopefully mine also will be in great shape. I like my Ping 5W turned to 16.5 but a little hotter head and square face without manipulation would be nice. We'll see.

• Like 1

I have the 722E Driver and it has helped keep me in the fairway more often.  Its not quite as long as my old pxg, but not by much and its a lot more reliable. I have never used the fairway woods. 

• Like 2

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics 722E

5w - Sub 70 949X

4H - Ping G425

4-6i i200s

7-UW i210s

56*, 60* - Sub 70 286

Putter - Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Ball - Vice Pro Zero 

Performance is going to be subjective, and the various EXS clubs I've owned have all performed admirably. The only negative I will throw out there is that from my experience with the EXS stuff (both pro and regular) the paint applied to the crown of the woods and hybrids seems to be really thin. I'm not talking about sky marks, I'm referring paint damage from taking headcovers on and off, and other very light incidents of contact that show lasting damage.

Edited by RMGC_NV

I put all three (Driver, 3 wood & Hybrid) C722 in the bag at the end of last year and I see no reason to try anything else! Love the feel, sound and fargiveness of them.  I have the Tensei AV Raw white in the Hybrid and 3 wood and a super secret custom House of Forged shaft in the driver 🙂  

• Like 1

TE C722 9* House of Forged custom shaft XX
TE C722 15* Tensei AV-RAW White 7x

TE C722 18* Tensei AV-RAW White 8x

Ping I525 4-GW Project X IO stiff
Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Putter = flavor of the day. (EvnRoll ER11vx, 3 different Seemores,  TM TM2 Truss CS, Machine CS M2A Converter, 2 different Yes putters)
Maxfli Tour X or Vice Pro

Positive and negative with the first round with the E722. Positive - long, cuts through rough easy enough, pleasant sound/feel and shape. Negative - sets up open to my eyes and does tend to favor a cut. Will take some getting used to but to be expected buying a club I've never hit or been fitted for.

On 3/8/2023 at 3:04 PM, Spankapotamus redux said:

Positive and negative with the first round with the E722. Positive - long, cuts through rough easy enough, pleasant sound/feel and shape. Negative - sets up open to my eyes and does tend to favor a cut. Will take some getting used to but to be expected buying a club I've never hit or been fitted for.

That's encouraging though a draw is my preferred shape. Thought I'd try this "square head"  over my 17.5 degree Ping 5 fairway turned down.  The light Air Speeder R might turn over easier than your shaft... but it has 8.0 torque!  We'll see. If it isn't an obvious improvement from the Ping in even one range tryout for accuracy  as well as distance I'll probably  just return it with the prepaid shipping from a cross border outlet where I have an account. I'm not up to beating balls and exacerbating some existing injuries before the season even really starts here. 

Being lazy (and barely post-Covid) rather than having the club sent still in USA going to a cross-border delivery depot I had the delivery  sent to my home in Canada. Haven't done that for a while....forgot that UPS like FedEx would add on taxes and exorbitant brokerage fees (no duty on clubs though) that added another $60 CDN. If I had been so inclined for about an additional $60 I could have ordered a brand new one on-line from the big box golf retailer in Canada;TEE isn't  really sold much in person here.  Oh well, when I'm sick (I had bronchitis after Covid) my boredom often gets me online shopping. 

Edited by myspinonit
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, myspinonit said:

That's encouraging though a draw is my preferred shape. Thought I'd try this "square head"  over my 17.5 degree Ping 5 fairway turned down.  The light Air Speeder R might turn over easier than your shaft... but it has 8.0 torque!  We'll see. If it isn't an obvious improvement from the Ping in even one range tryout for accuracy  as well as distance I'll probably  just return it with the prepaid shipping from a cross border outlet where I have an account. I'm not up to beating balls and exacerbating some existing injuries before the season even really starts here. 

Being lazy (and barely post-Covid) rather than having the club sent still in USA going to a cross-border delivery depot I had the delivery  sent to my home in Canada. Haven't done that for a while....forgot that UPS like FedEx would add on taxes and exorbitant brokerage fees (no duty on clubs though) that added another $60 CDN. If I had been so inclined for about an additional $60 I could have ordered a brand new one on-line from the big box golf retailer in Canada;TEE isn't  really sold much in person here.  Oh well, when I'm sick (I had bronchitis after Covid) my boredom often gets me online shopping. 

I tend to spend a lot more money on golf when I'm bored. I basically only use the internet when I'm bored and only use the internet for golf related stuff. Dangerous mix for my budget. I've only hit the Ping G400 fairways in recent memory and I would say the ease of use is similar but the TEE is significantly longer in my initial experience. Not sure which one you're putting it up against, but I will say that I much prefer the shaft in the TEE (Ventus Red) over the stock Ping offering. The Alta shafts just don't agree with me.

2 hours ago, Spankapotamus redux said:

I tend to spend a lot more money on golf when I'm bored. I basically only use the internet when I'm bored and only use the internet for golf related stuff. Dangerous mix for my budget. I've only hit the Ping G400 fairways in recent memory and I would say the ease of use is similar but the TEE is significantly longer in my initial experience. Not sure which one you're putting it up against, but I will say that I much prefer the shaft in the TEE (Ventus Red) over the stock Ping offering. The Alta shafts just don't agree with me.

I found the Alta shaft in the G400 driver unplayable  it was so soft in trying it on two different drivers (I went for the Kuro Kage TiNi option in driver and SFT 3wood).  The Alta in G410 and G425 feels better to me than G400.

My Ping is the G425 5 wood turned to 16.5, (also have 7 wood turned to 19.5). The TEE website says the Ventus is for 85+  swings, and at age 72 that's not me, though I did consider it.  But in the past I have gone a touch too heavy or stiff in some TEE fairway shafts,  other than the stock Graphite Design ones in Trilogy/Xrail that maybe went the other way.

That said, I can have  a fast transition and sometimes stiffer has been fitted for me than "swingspeed charts".  I'm overcoming some right thumb/forearm tendinitis overdoing some pre-season weight training, that could still impede the start of my golf season in a few weeks, weather permitting.  So I'm not going to give it many balls before deciding to keep it, or maybe even if it isn't in good cosmetic shape on arrival maybe. The non-adjustable hosel should help with speeding up that decision. I think I read  a few years ago that some good fitters can decide after three swings if  a club/shaft is  a fit or not.

Edited by myspinonit

9 hours ago, myspinonit said:

The TEE website says the Ventus is for 85+  swings, and at age 72 that's not me, though I did consider it.  But in the past I have gone a touch too heavy or stiff in some TEE fairway shafts,  other than the stock Graphite Design ones in Trilogy/Xrail that maybe went the other way.

That said, I can have  a fast transition and sometimes stiffer has been fitted for me than "swingspeed charts".

I suffer from the fast transition myself and find that a uniform, stiffer shaft works better than one that's too soft or soft in the middle, generally speaking.

• Like 1

E722 in my testing is fine but nothing special. 

I hit my PXG 0211 further when it's set at 15 degrees, and my 13.5 mavrik about 15yds more carry. 

Honestly I've been a little disappointed with TEE in the trackman. Maybe outdoors will be a bit better 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

14 hours ago, bekgolf said:

I suffer from the fast transition myself and find that a uniform, stiffer shaft works better than one that's too soft or soft in the middle, generally speaking.

Yeah, the Speeder 40 shaft may indeed be a no go experiment. I remember that I had a Callaway XR16 driver, 4W and 7W with a probably "made for"  60g(?) Speeder R shaft in the driver when they came out; also had G25 clubs. The XR16 driver especially, with the softer middle, I had no idea where it was going and felt I had to slow down to make square contact. I went to my then  coach and hit them side by side who said " I can make the (XR16) driver work for you, but I'd have to replace your whole swing".

More and more since I did the impulse buy I actually hope this thing doesn't work so i can get the refund. I was sick most of  January (symptoms like Covid, but not Covid) then did  Covid late February . Plus I stopped drinking when I first got sick.  I've lost enough weight though (just 15+ pounds but plan on keeping it off) that all of my slacks, including golf long ones I discovered yesterday, need to be replaced or altered. I've dumped a few favorite roomy golf shirts that look like mu-mus now. Fortunately most of the stretchy golf shorts seem ok.

Kaching, kaching.

Edited by myspinonit

Have got a C723 driver 8.0 on order to try hopefully soon.

Cobra LTDx LS 9 deg. @ -1 with Diamana ZF 60S

Tour Edge C723 13 deg. with Diamana Thump f75 S

Cobra LTDx 15 deg @ +1.5 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 70 S

Tour Edge E723 21 deg. with Diamana Thump f85 S

Cobra LTDx 24 deg 5 hybrid with Fujikura Fuel 85 S

Corey Paul Cavity Back 5-6 with KBS $-Taper 120 S

Corey Paul Muscle Back 7-PW with KBS $-Taper 120 S

Corey Paul 50, 54 with KBS Tour V Wedge 125g S

Corey Paul 58 with BGT ZNE 130g Stiff

Odyssey O-Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour

Has anyone played around w/ adding heavier weights into the C722 3w head? Got mine out the other night for an initial test run and had great results but felt super light in transition vs my old 917 gamer. Have a 20g replacement on order, hopefully does the trick and doesn’t mess with anything negatively. 10g additional should scale out to 5 SW points if not mistaken. 

1CDCBD9E-4341-4291-AE85-ABEEB82BBE87.jpeg

• Like 1

On 3/6/2023 at 11:02 PM, bekgolf said:

I purchased a CPO C721 15 degree wood with a Hzrdus Black shaft from Tour Edge today.  My 721 driver with the same shaft works so well I decided to stay with the 721 model number in a 3 wood.  Price was fantastic, under $100 with the vet discount. 

I'm really amazed with the TEE products I've purchased.  They have gone from something I didn't ever consider to having permanent places in my bag.  If the new/used CPO club doesn't work out I can send it back for a full refund within 30 days, even after I've used it in "normal play".

The C721 3 wood arrived today and I can't tell if it's ever been hit, it looks new to me.  Measures at 43" with a swing weight of D4.  I'll hit it sometime this week if the rain ever stops.

My bag should be set now, I'd really like to pick up another xxx while they are available...  Lol.  There are many good deals in the CPO section, I need to stop looking at it.

On 3/11/2023 at 5:12 AM, myspinonit said:

Yeah, the Speeder 40 shaft may indeed be a no go experiment. I remember that I had a Callaway XR16 driver, 4W and 7W with a probably "made for"  60g(?) Speeder R shaft in the driver when they came out; also had G25 clubs. The XR16 driver especially, with the softer middle, I had no idea where it was going and felt I had to slow down to make square contact. I went to my then  coach and hit them side by side who said " I can make the (XR16) driver work for you, but I'd have to replace your whole swing".

More and more since I did the impulse buy I actually hope this thing doesn't work so i can get the refund. I was sick most of  January (symptoms like Covid, but not Covid) then did  Covid late February . Plus I stopped drinking when I first got sick.  I've lost enough weight though (just 15+ pounds but plan on keeping it off) that all of my slacks, including golf long ones I discovered yesterday, need to be replaced or altered. I've dumped a few favorite roomy golf shirts that look like mu-mus now. Fortunately most of the stretchy golf shorts seem ok.

Kaching, kaching.

The 722 16.5 club came today. No plastic on the head but it sure looked new.  And it looked great at setup and very square that I liked.  Took it to the range but it isn’t going  to work for me, I think it is mostly the torque (8.0) in the shaft.  I had not hit a club in nearly three months, so I cannot  say I was striping my other clubs at all, but the Ping 5w turned down still was more consistent and solid. I have asked for a return prepaid label ( that I know i will need to   take across the border to US to use).

Edited by myspinonit