2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Ping G430 LST 3 wood - 2023 Wells Fargo

On 6/12/2023 at 3:13 PM, rexwrx said:

One of the worst new clubs I’ve ever hit. Sounds AWFUL. Might work for ultra high swingspeed and spin players - but it won’t suit many. 

Was hitting side-by-side with G430 Max, TSR3, and TSR2.  G430 LST was the outstanding dog of the group. 

Your results may vary. 

Are you saying the distance was a dog compared to the others in the group as well?

PXG Black Ops Swing Balance Yellow
Ping G430 LST 3w Ventus Red 8X

Ping G430 Max 7w Ventus Red 8X

PXG 0317T 4-P, SteelFiber PR

Ping i159 50*, 54*, 58*

L.A.B. DF2.1 Stability Tour

3 hours ago, jblough99 said:

Just checked Global Golf to see if anything had changed with their pricing and they have completely removed the G430 LST option from their site.  Not sure what that means but my order has not been cancelled so I guess I’ll continue to play the waiting game.  Order was placed on June 9 and it stated expected delivery 2-4 weeks.

Placed my order on 6/6. I received a refund and cancellation email from them on Thursday. They caught mine. Not sure about everyone else. I hope it works out for you. I wanted to try one but I honestly know its probably not knocking my Sim Ti out of the bag.

4 hours ago, TheMoneyShot said:

Only available loft is 15*👎

The G425 and G410 LST’s were only offered in one loft option(14.5*).  Im not sure what you were expecting?  G430 has plenty of room for adjustment (13.5* to 16.5*).

Driver: Cobra Darkspeed X 9* Tour 2.0 Black 65X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 14* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 19.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Irons:  PXG 0317 CB 5-GW KBS Tour 130X

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 54S Modus 125W

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 58S Modus 125W

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

I stopped by PGA Tour Superstore and Golf Galaxy today to see if they had demo heads. No luck. Anybody been able to hit this thing? I'd love to know any and all details and observations!

• Like 1

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

7W: Ping G430 Max @20* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8X (or sometimes G430 3H with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

4 Utility: Ping iCrossover @23.5* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X (or sometimes G430 5H at 25* with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

11 minutes ago, jblough99 said:

The G425 and G410 LST’s were only offered in one loft option(14.5*).  Im not sure what you were expecting?  G430 has plenty of room for adjustment (13.5* to 16.5*).

Yeah, I know but I was hoping that maybe they would have a lower lofted model this time around too.  I play my 3 metal at 13*

Edited by TheMoneyShot

6 minutes ago, eric61 said:

I stopped by PGA Tour Superstore and Golf Galaxy today to see if they had demo heads. No luck. Anybody been able to hit this thing? I'd love to know any and all details and observations!

Fingers crossed I will get mine in the next week or two, order placed on 6-9.  No idea when Ping will actually start shipping.  Do they typically start shipping as soon as things appear on their website?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, awtryau89 said:

Ordered from Global Golf at the $349 pricing error. Mine got cancelled. My buddy did the same and his has shipped. Saved $200. Not sure why they caught my order and not his but looking forward to seeing his. I hope it is a rocket.

Did he receive the shipping notice from Global Golf or direct from Ping.  Just curious as I have received neither a cancellation or a shipping notice.

Can’t wait to see impressions on this. Just bought 430 LST driver, and 2 430 hybrids. Wonder if this could kick my radspeed big tour out of the bag. It’s great off the tee but definitely shaky for me off the deck. Wonder if this is easier. 

Ping G430LST Driver 

Ping G430LST 3 wood 
Ping G430 2 and 4 hybrids
Miura TB 5-P

Miura wedges 51,55,59
Sik DW

6 hours ago, elwhippy said:

Silly money. Our local stores won't both stocking an FW at that price. 

Agreed, I love my TSR2 and would think about matching my driver with one of these but not for almost $600!! My driver wasn't even that!

Ping G430 LST 10.5° HZRDUS T1100

Titleist TSR3 15° HZRDUS T1100

Titleist TSR3 19° KBS Tour Hybrid Proto

PXG Gen5T 4-GW KBS Tour Stiff

Mizuno T24 56 & 60 S400

Piretti GOAT

Love the low profile/shallow head  look of it.   Seems like it would be a beaut to sweep off the fairway.  

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

I was able to get a round in this morning with the LST FW, it's a rocket launcher, especially off the tee, it goes forever. It's solid off the deck as well, easy to launch. Longer than the Rouge LS on and off the tee. Forgiveness, there isn't much at all, toe strikes are punished. I struggled with it on the range at first, like why the hell did I buy this blindly type of struggle. I am used to swinging free with the Rouge LS with no issues, I can really go after it as it is very forgiving for a low spin 3w. Once I got the tempo down, and realized it's a 1/4 shorter, I adjusted and didn't have any issues. Focusing on the tempo and knowing I had to hit the center of the face really helped on the course itself.

I played a short par 5 on the back 9, 490 from the tips, went 3 wood, 3 wood, tee shot was a poor toe strike, went about 225, had 265 left, middled it and was just a few feet shy of the green, stubbed the short chip, but ended up making the birdie putt. 😅

First impressions are good, I definitely struggled on the range at first but once I adjusted, I felt good about having it in the bag. Again, it's an unforgiving club, but 3 wood is one of the stronger clubs for me, but I can definitely see people struggling with it. When I struggle with the driver the 3 wood bails me out, or if I am playing a tight/target type of desert course I'll leave the driver at home. 

Edited by AzSuperHack76
  • Like 2

On 6/23/2023 at 12:57 PM, AzSuperHack76 said:

I was able to get a round in this morning with the LST FW, it's a rocket launcher, especially off the tee, it goes forever. It's solid off the deck as well, easy to launch. Longer than the Rouge LS on and off the tee. Forgiveness, there isn't much at all, toe strikes are punished. I struggled with it on the range at first, like why the hell did I buy this blindly type of struggle. I am used to swinging free with the Rouge LS with no issues, I can really go after it as it is very forgiving for a low spin 3w. Once I got the tempo down, and realized it's a 1/4 shorter, I adjusted and didn't have any issues. Focusing on the tempo and knowing I had to hit the center of the face really helped on the course itself.

I played a short par 5 on the back 9, 490 from the tips, went 3 wood, 3 wood, tee shot was a poor toe strike, went about 225, had 265 left, middled it and was just a few feet shy of the green, stubbed the short chip, but ended up making the birdie putt. 😅

First impressions are good, I definitely struggled on the range at first but once I adjusted, I felt good about having it in the bag. Again, it's an unforgiving club, but 3 wood is one of the stronger clubs for me, but I can definitely see people struggling with it. I consider the 3 wood one of the stronger clubs in the bag for me. When I struggle with the driver the 3 wood bails me out, or if I am playing a tight/target type of desert course I'll leave the driver at home. 

I like my G430 LST 3 wood a lot more now that I've been able to hit balls with it a few times and tinker with the hosel settings.  What loft it's set at seems to affect the forgiveness quite a bit.  For instance, I can hit it almost as far in the small + setting as the standard setting but its noticeably easier to hit, especially off the deck. 

Got to hit to twice today. One off the tee and one off the deck. I like it off the deck much more then off the tee. Felt explosive. It was very straight. Was a 75 regular flex and I'd probably order stiff. It has a lot of potential 

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

To be honest, it’s always going to be a tough sell at that price but that is what it is. I guess my biggest disappointment is the forgiveness, something I really don’t consider in most of my clubs.

I normally use a low spin 3 wood because I need it, but suffer on mishits, and as such it effectively becomes useless off the deck unless I have the best lie ever. I was hoping some of the hallmark forgiveness would make its way into this club (given the forgiveness that Ping was able to put into the G430 driver) and thought that it must have (especially off the turf) given the relatively shallow face and price.

Basically I thought this was going to be the unicorn I was looking for. Golf galaxy had one with the tour black in X, and I hit a few which were vastly different in distance, losing 60 yards or so on normal mishits vs center (which was long). I’m just not consistent enough on anything but a perfect completely level lie (which I won’t really get) to take that risk at the listed price, and I already have a “2” that I can use as a secondary tee club…back to the TSR2+ and 17 UW setup

Edited by NNJ
  • Like 1

I'm a Ping aficionado, but that price is a huge turnoff.  Just on principle, even if I can afford it, it gets a No.  I'll stick with my G400 Stretch 3W.

Edited by whiteout73
  • Like 3

D - Ping G430 LST 9-degree, Kai'li 60S
3W - Ping G400 Stretch 13-degree, Alta 65S

5W - Ping G425 17.5-degree, Alta 65S
Hy - Ping G400 22-degree, Alta 70S
5-U - Ping i230, Aerotech Steelfiber i95
54- Ping Glide Pro Forged
59- Ping Glide Pro Forged Eye toe
P - Scotty Cameron Teryllium T22 Fastback 1.5

1 hour ago, whiteout73 said:

I'm a Ping aficionado, but that price is a huge turnoff.  Just on principle, even if I can afford it, it gets a No.  I'll stick with my G400 Stretch 3W.

Same here. The Stretch is uber forgiving and long.

I was really hoping this would be the next TiSi tec 3 wood. Oh well.

31 minutes ago, AzSuperHack76 said:

Prices have definitely gotten ridiculous, but let's not pretend they are the only one playing this game. It's $100 more than the Stealth Plus which is $100 more than the Paradym. 

While this is true, I do think the Stealth plus was also overpriced, and it sounds a lot worse if you say the LST is $200 more than the Paradym…that’s approaching a full fairway wood more expensive than another major brand’s newest offering…

to the second point, yes, they are more expensive, but the Cally/TM drivers are not getting to be almost a full driver more expensive than the ping

from my standpoint the ping tour 2 stock shafts are the best argument ping has in terms of the discrepancy in price for the fairways…they’re very good and imo closer to an aftermarket than other brands’ stock offerings 

in the end though, everyone is screwing us over, just a question of degree.

Edited by NNJ