Does anybody know why Brian Harman doesn't play a Scotty Cameron?

SunDevil009

Just chunks of metal, my man.

Guys have gone low after snapping their putters and putting with a 3 wood or wedge.

Scotty has the market cornered for retarded markup and trademarked phrases and logos, though.

• Like 2

AITD MAX  10.5° + UB6 AIMAX 16.5° + 21° + 24° + UB6+7+8 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / JWS RW + MODUS120 / SPDRL-NCK+ CT 120

5 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Guys have gone low after snapping their putters and putting with a 3 wood or wedge.

Scotty has the market cornered for retarded markup and trademarked phrases and logos, though.

Highly regarded 🤣

Don't get me wrong, I love my Camerons but will game whatever putter is holing balls. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Srixon is reportedly coming out with a line of adjustable lie angle irons.

IMG_1643.webp.f99c63a80c4f3251a2475a1cfc24d22c.webp

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Driver - SIM2 MAX / Ventus Blue 5S

FW - SIM2 MAX / Ventus Blue 6S

Hybrid - SIM2 MAX / Ventus Blue 7S

Irons - ZX5 / C-Taper Lite S

Wedges - SM9 50/08 56/10 60/04

Putter - Odyssey Ai-One Milled #7 T

12 hours ago, PeaceSurfGolf said:

Admittedly I am a Scotty Cameron homer haha but seriously what percentage of golfers believe Taylormade makes better putters than Scotty if you don't factor in the cost? I love my Taylormade P770's so I'm not a TM hater at all but putters are obviously not what they are known for.

What equipment works, is what a player should use. Cameron putters are no better than anything else. And  Brian Harman is not the only player to use Taylormade putters.

Edited by puttingmatt

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....

4 HC

10 hours ago, PeaceSurfGolf said:

I wouldn't say it's the end all be all as I've said numerous times in this thread. I myself have bought other brands despite being a big Scotty fan. I stand by my statement of it being one of the biggest benefits as a Titleist staffer though. Scotty hand makes all of his Tour putters. That level of customization and hand welding, stamping, milling isn't available at a place like Taylormade where everything is machine made and mass produced. So for the amateur golfers using OTR stuff I don't know if there's a huge difference but there is definitely a huge difference with the Circle T stuff. Regarding the pros you named they are definitely good examples. But there are countless that have done the opposite gaming Scotty's while on staff of other brands. Obviously Tiger Woods being the most successful. Scottie Scheffler more recently too. Also worth noting about Rory that he switched back for 2 days before putting the Spider back in the bag. He won all 4 of his majors with the Scotty 009 and Nike 006 Scotty clone so clearly that worked very well for him.

Scotty doesn’t hand make circle T putters. They are virtually all CNCd by a contractor.  Taylormade absolutely offers welded necks and hand stamping just like every other OEM does for tour players.  Welded necks aren’t done for any reason other than it’s cheaper than one piece milling a one off neck on a putter. Especially when you don’t mill everything in house.  Guys use what they perceive to be the best option, whatever that may be.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, iteachgolf said:

Scotty doesn’t hand make circle T putters. They are virtually all CNCd by a contractor.  Taylormade absolutely offers welded necks and hand stamping just like every other OEM does for tour players.  Welded necks aren’t done for any reason other than it’s cheaper than one piece milling a one off neck on a putter. Especially when you don’t mill everything in house.  Guys use what they perceive to be the best option, whatever that may be.  

Yeah how many CT putters are out each week? No way Scotty is pumping out like 25+ putters a week on his own.  He maybe works with a handful of pros on their putters but the rest it's probably one of the reps or someone in house locked away stamping putters. 

• Like 3

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

15 hours ago, PeaceSurfGolf said:

So weird to see a Titleist staffer using a Taylormade Spider of all things. Usually it's the other way around with Taylormade staffers playing Scotty's. Using a Scotty Cameron putter is one of the biggest benefits of being a Titleist staffer so I'm curious why Harman games all Titleist clubs except for the putter.

I'm not sure how being a staffer is a benefit to Titleist staff players? Scotty Cameron is hardly an exclusive closed shop. I know there's limits to what you can take from the practice green depending on your status, but if you're a PGA Tour pro you can get some kind of custom.

I think it's great when OTR stuff wins on tour. How many Scotty's OTRs win? Tour players put Circle Ts in the bag because they can, sure they're nice putters, but I don't think they're gaining anything on the field.

Not knocking Scotty but offering an OTR putter, but "better" was one of his attractions, what put him on the golfing map, players like unique things in their bags.

16 hours ago, PeaceSurfGolf said:

So weird to see a Titleist staffer using a Taylormade Spider of all things. Usually it's the other way around with Taylormade staffers playing Scotty's. Using a Scotty Cameron putter is one of the biggest benefits of being a Titleist staffer so I'm curious why Harman games all Titleist clubs except for the putter.

First, his contract doesn't require Titleist/SC putter, and very likely, none of the SC putters are as forgiving as that oversized Spider.

• TSR2 9.25° Tensei 1k Pro Red 61S
  • TSR2 15° Tour AD-VF 74S
  • T200 17° 2i Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW MMT 105S 113-SW.
  • SM10 F52.12, T58.4, DG200 127S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x or AVX

I understand what the OP is asking, but in the style of toaster putter that Harman rocks, the TMs are far superior than the SCs. I have a spider mallet backing up my Scotty but until we can rock out again with the original Futura horseshoe design, TM owns this space.  

Cobra LTDx 10.5* Tour AD HD 5X, Big Tour 15.5*, Rad Tour 18.5*, Even Flow White 6.0

Titleist U500 4 23* Hzdrus Smoke Black 6.0 

Titleist 718 AP2 5-P DG AMT White S300 

Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S, DG S200

Odyssey 2 Ball Blade, Vice Pro Plus, Foresight GC3 

Everyone needs to calm down and allow OP some room to ask his question. 

To be fair though, OP, your question would be more valid if Harman were using a putter that Scotty had a close variant of. For example if he was in a Newport/anser style and chose not to use a Scotty as a titleist staffer. 

but he’s using a high MOI spider which Scotty has no equivalent for…

• Like 3

22 hours ago, tatertot said:

Well ... I currently have a $500 Cameron in the basement and a $200 Mizuno in the bag? It's about what gets the ball in the hole for YOU, not whose name is on the sole.

Which Mizuno did you get?  Im intrigued by the OMIO 2.  Called Mizuno and they wouldn't/couldn't give me the MOI number like odyessy does.

1 minute ago, Nolesbl said:

Which Mizuno did you get?  Im intrigued by the OMIO 2.  Called Mizuno and they wouldn't/couldn't give me the MOI number like odyessy does.

I didn't care for the OMIO ... I'm using the M Craft I. Really liked all the original M Crafts.

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist TS3, 8.5°

2 Wood: Adams InSight XTD, 10.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Cleveland UHX, 20°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Bettinardi inovai 6.0 slant neck, 34"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

1 hour ago, tatertot said:

I didn't care for the OMIO ... I'm using the M Craft I. Really liked all the original M Crafts.

I might try one. they are 199 at the golf store near me.  What color did you get?  I was dropping a lot into the center of the cup today with the Odyssey tri hot number 2.  Picked up a refurbished for today from CPO.  

Edited by Nolesbl

I went for the black ... But was a tough choice. All 3 are really nice in person. And the weight set is a nice bonus.

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist TS3, 8.5°

2 Wood: Adams InSight XTD, 10.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Cleveland UHX, 20°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Bettinardi inovai 6.0 slant neck, 34"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

5 hours ago, fjk said:

Everyone needs to calm down and allow OP some room to ask his question. 

To be fair though, OP, your question would be more valid if Harman were using a putter that Scotty had a close variant of. For example if he was in a Newport/anser style and chose not to use a Scotty as a titleist staffer. 

but he’s using a high MOI spider which Scotty has no equivalent for…

image.jpeg.ef5c4beef4b8e157045307f2b77842f8.jpeg Titleist introduces Scotty Cameron Futura X Dual Balance Putter -  CaliforniaGOLF

Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom X Putter Review - Golfalot

Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom X Putter Review - Golfalot

Edited by JungleJimbo

If you think taylormade , odyssey , or any off the major brands can’t get anything built you want in terms of putter design from their tour department you shouldn’t even be having this conversation. 

no Scotty Cameron is not the end all be all off putters and I’m pretty sure you don’t sign a 2-300k titleist contract to use ball glove shoe hat and say 11-13 clubs for the sole purpose off getting a 2-3 k aftermarket Scotty Cameron😂

in my opinion the benefit to being a titleist staffer is from top to bottom you truly don’t have very many weakness’s . (Maybe footjoy shoes )

woods are good

irons are good

wedges are good

Putters are good 

ball is great 

gloves are good

shoes are good.

tour truck presence is always good

On 7/23/2023 at 10:18 PM, PeaceSurfGolf said:

Using a Scotty Cameron putter is one of the biggest benefits of being a Titleist staffer

You don’t think any golfer on the pga tour couldn’t get a Cameron if they wanted?

• Like 2

Glove: ML
Tees: 2 3/4
Towel: white
Repair tool: metal
Ball Marker: largest poker chip in the world
Iron headcovers: wait, what?

The feedback system is annoying

13 minutes ago, toc said:

You don’t think any golfer on the pga tour couldn’t get a Cameron if they wanted?

It's almost like every brand sets up on the greens Monday and Tuesday to entice players to try/play their gear. Apparently Scotty has 6 guards around their bag lol. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

I was thinking the same thing.  Folks would get laughed off of this board for playing 620MBs because Harmon won a an event with them... yet they think that him playing a MOI putter matters at all with all of the mishits, ground strikes and disasters with contact on the green that tour pros have.  Somehow, dude can find the center of his MBs, but misses with the putter.  He plays it because he likes it... no other reason.  He a tour pro NEEDS a certain kind of putter to win, then they are not going to win.

Guess what... if you are not a good putter, a Jailbird, this putter or the one from the guy who wins next week is going to help you about as much as putting some 620MBs in the bag will.

I have a pair of tour used Cameron putters that were given to me directly from a tour pro.  The second one got played by a guy that everybody has likely heard of and he won tournaments with it.  He played it because Scotty spent a few hours making it for him with his nickname, some custom stamps and it make him feel a bit special - he only cared that the neck was not plumbers and could not care at all that it was a 009.  He played it for a few years since he appreciated the thought put into it - right from the horses mouth.  He won with his other putters too.

I gamed a scotty once after i got it for $10 from TGW due to a glitch. Didn't make me putt any better and I personally didn't like the feel and alignment of the X5. My DF is getting there after an adjustment period and will soon surpass how my Corza Ghost was. Different strokes for different strokes

• Like 2

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS with KBS TD Cat 4 44.5" 

4w: '22 Rogue ST LS 16.5  Tensei AV Blue 75x

7w: '22 Callaway Apex UW 21 80s MMT

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH 95

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long MOI matched

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid 

Putter: DF2.1 35"69* in blue

Ball: Snell Prime 4.0