2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

5 Iron v. 5 Hybrid Showdown ... It Wasn't Close

uglande

9 hours ago, moostache said:

I've gone a different direction. For the longest time I carried a 4 hybrid and always struggled with it, but it was always better than a 4 or 5 iron. I tried sticking a heavier shaft in it and it went better, then on a whim decided to try a lofted fairway wood in that group instead.  Ended up being even more forgiving. The hybrid to me introduced more lateral dispersion than the iron did. I still feel comfortable hitting a 5 iron, but I'm starting to get curious on whether to try a 5 hybrid, or start digging into 9 wood territory 🤷

I tried that experiment a while back as well. The 9 wood (Ping G425) was the most ridiculously easy clubs I've ever hit. One shot after the other, dead straight, all dropping right next to each other. But that was in a simulator. The issue was that it was a bit of overkill in terms of height and land angle. I would still consider playing one, but it would be situational and weather-dependent.

I agree with you about the lateral tendencies with hybrids. I'm not experiencing any of that with the 5H but probably because of the loft. Lower lofted hybrids bring more of that risk, which is why, for now, I'm keeping 7w instead of adding a 3/4H. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 1w 08.75 - AD VF 65 x

Titleist TSR2 3w 13.75 - AD VF 75 x

Titleist TSR2 3h 4h – AD DI 85/95 x

Titleist T100 5i 6i 7i 8i 9i – X100

Titleist SM9 46F 50F 54S 60M – S400

Titleist Pro V1 – Mezz.1 Broomstick

2 hours ago, uglande said:

I tried that experiment a while back as well. The 9 wood (Ping G425) was the most ridiculously easy clubs I've ever hit. One shot after the other, dead straight, all dropping right next to each other. But that was in a simulator. The issue was that it was a bit of overkill in terms of height and land angle. I would still consider playing one, but it would be situational and weather-dependent.

I agree with you about the lateral tendencies with hybrids. I'm not experiencing any of that with the 5H but probably because of the loft. Lower lofted hybrids bring more of that risk, which is why, for now, I'm keeping 7w instead of adding a 3/4H. 

I've also dabbled with matching an SGI iron in the mix too, for ex, a Stealth or 790 5 iron with a lower set of 770s. Sometimes they're every bit as forgiving, fast, and versatile as hybrids.

I hear you with the high lofted wood height issue. Sometimes, the 7w just doesn't work into a headwind with the height 🤷

Driver: Callaway Paradym AI 💨 💎💎💎 10.5 (-1, D): PX Denali Black 6.0

3wd: Ping G425 Max 14.5: Ventus TR Red 6s

7wd: Ping G425 Max 21.5: Ventus Blue 7s

4-5: Titleist T200 PX LZ 5.5, 6.0

6-P: Titleist T150 PX LZ 6.0

53: Edison KBS Tour

60: 🤷‍♂️ revolving wheel

On 12/14/2023 at 9:46 PM, optimator said:

I just picked up a King Tec 5h with this in mind. However my 5I is 26* and the Cobra can only go up to 25.5*. I can see this causing some gapping issues. 

.5 degrees is going to cause you a gapping issue? 🧐  Even Ben Hogan was not that consistent in his strike position every time.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke Max 9*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Taylor Made Sim 2 Max 5-wood 18*, Ventus Blue 50 A
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

58 minutes ago, rgk5 said:

.5 degrees is going to cause you a gapping issue? 🧐  Even Ben Hogan was not that consistent in his strike position every time.

Well, the 5 hybrid will probably go further than his 5 iron, hence the gapping issue.  A 5 hybrid thats a couple degrees weaker than his 5 iron would probably be a better replacement.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, teedub21 said:

Well, the 5 hybrid will probably go further than his 5 iron, hence the gapping issue.  A 5 hybrid thats a couple degrees weaker than his 5 iron would probably be a better replacement.  

Yeah, the NUMBER on the hybrid is meaningless. All one should be trying to do is fill specific GAPS with their hybrids.

Some OEMs 6Hs go the same distance as 5-irons for certain players. Just need to gap properly.

• Like 2

PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - 65s
Titleist TSi2 16.5* 4w - Tensei Blue - 65s

Titleist TSi2 3H (18*), 4H (21*) - Tensei Blue 65s
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H, 6H, 7H ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S; Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 low-bounce 60* DG s400
PING Sigma 2 Valor 400 Counter-Balanced, 38"

I played half of last season with a 24° hybrid instead of my bladed 23° 4 iron.  So, complete opposite sides of the spectrum.  Plus's were distance retention on mishits and a higher ball flight that rolled out less.  My issues were a wider dispersion and I couldn't hit a low one with it.  Windy days I avoided hitting it.  I had a couple of rounds where I kept hooking it, something I never do with an iron, and that was that.  I ended up compromising with a 225 Mizuno 4 iron that gaps closer to my 5 wood than the MP20 does.   

I totally recommend hybrids to all, but my current experiment with them is over. 

Edited by MattC555

TSR3 9° Ventus Black TR 6X - Stealth+ 3W Ventus Blue 6TX - Stealth+ 5W Ventus Black TR 8X - Mizuno 225 2i AD DI 105X / 225 4i / MP 20 5-PW Proj X IO 6.0 - Titleist SM9 S200 50.12F 55.11D 60.04T - '02 Rossie White Hot

Indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

1 hour ago, optimator said:

As a 5i replacement? Yes, it would. What I'm doing for now is leaving the 5i in the bag & using my 4 & 5h as a 3 & 4i replacement. 

That sounds about right.  

• Like 1

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke Max 9*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Taylor Made Sim 2 Max 5-wood 18*, Ventus Blue 50 A
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

I've messed around with everything in the 3-4-5 iron spot over the years and I've finally settled on just building clubs that work for me in every category.

Bag:

Driver 

Minidriver

(Rotation)

6-48

54 60

Putter

I have a 16.5 Epic Speed 4 Wood, 17 Degree Apex Utility, and 17 Degree Stealth DHY that all cover the same number in different ways.

I have 21 and 24 degree TSR2 Hybrids and 20 and 23 degree Stealth DHYs that can swap in and out.

I have the Utility Wood and Hybrids in bag most often because I hit them most consistently "solid" but if I'm striking it well I'm better off with the 3,4, and 5 utility irons. My dispersion left to right is much better with the irons. I just have a s*** now and then that's struck terribly that makes me look stupid that gets the hybrids in the bag more often.

AI Smoke Max 9 Tensei Blue 65S

2023 BRNR 11.5 Proforce M40X 65S

2024 Apex UW 19 MMT 70S

2024 Apex Pro 4-PW DG Mid 115 S300

RTX Full Face 54 60, Full Face 2 64 KBS Hi Rev 2 115

LAB DF3 34 69 Press Pistol 2

Bridgestone Tour BXS

13 hours ago, Obee said:

Interesting. 

Most 5h clubs are made to launch high. Lots of OEMs make two or more varieties of their hybrids in the 2h, 3h, 4h slots, with the "player's" version designed for a slighty lower ball flight — Titleist's TSR 3, for instance. Play those. 

I will do a quick video of a low 5h shot. For me it's a 175 shot, max, nowadays, though. 🙂

Are you normally a fader or drawer of your mid-irons?

Natural shot shape is a fade.  I generally need a fairly good reason to hit a draw.  Lower running type shots are one of those reasons.  I’ve got a fair amount of confidence in a smothering draw/hook type feel.

Thanks for the interest and help!

On 12/14/2023 at 9:19 PM, mantan said:

It may be an offseason project. The line of demaracation in my bag is the 5-iron.  I am very comfortable with my 6-rion.  Garmin shows I average 173 with it. I trust pulling it out in any situation.  My confidence level with it is an 8.

My 4H is my security blanket club. Garmin shows I hit it 202 yards. My confidence level with it is a 10.

My 5-iron is the problem. It's intoxicating when I flush it.  But I only pull it out if there is a decent margin of error on the hole. My confidence level is a 3.

I need to swallow my pride and just look for a 5h.

It's time to make a change. The back 9 of today's round was a perfect illustration.

#14 was the #1 handicap hole.  I had 160 yards into a slight breeze.  It was a bare almost dirt lie and I had to carry a lake to a fairly small green. I had total faith in my 6-iron and put it on the back of the green.

#17 is an odd hole where you have to lay up with a hybrid off the tee to avoid a lake. But you still have another 175+ to the green. It was playing into the same slight breeze. My Garmin captures all my shots. I hit a 184-yard hybrid off the tee.  Then a 192-yard hybrid on the green.  Total faith in that club.

#18 Pushed my drive left.  I had 153 up a slight hill.  I had to hit it a bit low to get under a tree in front of me.  Hit the 6-iron from the back of my stance and put it pin high on the fringe.

I hit my 5-iron twice today both on a par 3.  I hit a bad push slice on one that hit a tree and dropped.  The other one was fat and went about 60 yards.  I don't trust it at all.  And for every shot it gives me a decent result, it feels like I have 4 that are bad.

• Like 2

PING G430 Max 10.5 

PING G430 5w
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 4H

Cleveland XL Halo 5H

Srixon MKii ZX5s 6-PW Modus 105s

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 48*

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 52*
Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 56*

PXG Battle Ready 'Bat Attack' 

Here's the comparison bloc: high loft FWs v. hybrids v. long(er) irons.

• In 2012, dumped 3W + 5W and switched to 4W and 7W as my bridge anchors; been that way since, except for a couple of model changes. Also added 4H.
  • In 2013, switched to: 4W + 7W and 3H + 4H. Game plan: carried 4W + 7W + 4H in summer, 7W blasted ball out out of summer rough well // swapped 7W for 3H in winter; 3H could handle thinner winter rough, and it launched lower against winter winds.
  • Interim: piddled around with different mixes of  hybrids and 4W + 7W and 4i.
  • 2019: Picked up Rogues (see below), soon after got MAX irons. MAX irons hotter than old Tour Edge which squeezed out 4i. and, I kept BB OSize 4H and learned how to, among other things, hit a stinger with it.

image.png.bf4bda7044772f02b2cba74e6cfb87aa.png

As for 5i vs. 5H. The 5H on a few tries seems to get the ball up a bit too high. The MAX 5i, with lighter shaft than my old irons, really launches well. Plus, it dovetails nicely in distance yardstick with 4H, squeezing out 4i distancewise.

Hint to all: For me, the stock MAX shafts work fine for my 5i. For those or you that have iffy results with your longest numbered irion, consider a reshaft. By iffy, I mean that frustrating hit and miss, not just plain won't work for you. Refitting with a hybrid shaft, or the next lighter version of you stock shaft, will increase clubhead speed and give more consistent launch.

• Like 2

What's In The Bag (As of April 2023, post-MAX change + new putter)

Driver:  Tour Edge EXS 10.5° (base loft); weights neutral   ||  FWs:  Calla Rogue 4W + 7W

Hybrid:  Calla Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  Calla Mavrik MAX 5i-PW

Wedges*:  Calla MD3: 48°... MD4: 54°, 58° ||  PutterΨSeeMore FGP + SuperStroke 1.0PT, 33" shaft

Ball: 1. Srixon Q-Star Tour / 2. Calla SuperHot (Orange preferred)  ||  Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag

* MD4 54°/10 S-Grind replaced MD3 54°/12 W-Grind.

Ψ  Backups:

• Ping Sigma G Tyne (face-balanced) + Evnroll Gravity Grip |
  • Slotline Inertial SL-583F w/ SuperStroke 2.MidSlim (50 gr. weight removed) |

On 12/15/2023 at 9:26 AM, hook_or_slice said:

That's my experience also.

A miss hit long iron may look and feel much worse than a hybrid,  but my bad miss long iron is usually way short leaving an easy chip up to the green, a missed hybrid can be anywhere. 

After doing more testing with the 5h vs 4 iron this is what I'm getting at. My miss with the hybrid is a big hook but with the fli hi 4 iron its either this or just a low draw.

AITD MAX  10.5° + UB6 AIMAX 16.5° + 21° + 24° + UB6+7+8 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / JWS RW + MODUS120 / SPDRL-NCK+ CT 120

Does anybody have experience with a Tour Edge 5-hybrid? I'm trying to get something on the cheap since this is an experiment....

PING G430 Max 10.5 

PING G430 5w
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 4H

Cleveland XL Halo 5H

Srixon MKii ZX5s 6-PW Modus 105s

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 48*

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 52*
Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 56*

PXG Battle Ready 'Bat Attack' 

On 12/17/2023 at 8:43 PM, jomatty said:

ADDI 85X.  I used to use the same shaft that was in my irons (MMT 105S) but have had good results with the ADDI.  I don’t have trouble with missing left with normal shots, but low hooks can get away big time.

Try the 95x or 105x versions and thank me later

• Like 1

Cally AIS TD Max 10.5* Ventus Black 5x

Callaway AI Smoke TD 16* Ventus Red 6x

Callaway GBB Hvnwd 19* Ventus Blue 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Cally Apex 5h 26* Apache MFS 85x

Ping i210 6-7 & s55 8-PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59* SF 125s

LAB Mezz Max

I swallowed my pride and added the fugly 6h in my sig to my bag

it won’t likely come out, even though I have an Adams a10 tour issue 28*

it produces repeatable high draws off any lie, more predictable than all my 6 irons 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

LAB Mezz Max

On 12/17/2023 at 8:44 PM, jomatty said:

Yeah, when I’ve used a 5 hybrid that’s what I did.  I’m giving up a lot of distance doing that though.  Especially because I game a proto concepts 6 iron and the. Switch to t300 5 iron that is strong lofted and hot.

I think I misunderstood his original post. I was just thinking about having to punch out like under a tree branch, something like that. I don’t ever try to hit low hooks or cuts with my hybrids into greens. So that’s not a problem for me. As for punching out, distance isn’t really the concern as much as advancing it and keeping it out of the trees again.

Playing stronger lofted irons, my 23* hybrid is essentially my 5 iron replacement. I tried a SGI 5 iron in the spot first and it just didn't work as well. I had also tried a 5 iron with a different iron set all together and while an iron was less likely to have a big left miss for me, the miss with the iron happened way more often than a punishing miss with hybrid. I've been playing a half set only this fall and into winter with the hybrid in there. When I play my full set, I'm likely to hit a choked down, shortened swing hybrid instead of me 6 iron at this point. It's such an easy shot to hit. I toy with the idea of getting I hybrid to replace my 6 iron now.

We're going on a Minimalist Adventure who knows were we'll end up:

"Full" 10-Club Bag currently looks like this:

Taylormade BRNR Mini Copper 13.5

Taylormade Sim Max 7w Mitsubishi Diamana F Limited 75S

Titleist 818H1 25* Fuji Atmos Black 9s

Callaway Mavrik Pro 7-PW Project X Rifle Tour Flighted 105 6.0

Vokey SM9 50.08F

Vokey SM9 56.10S

White Hot OG #1

Srixon Z Star/Chrome Soft X

• 2 weeks later...

This thread, especially @cardoustie and @Obee comments in it have got a 5 hybrid back in the bag.  It is a Cobra king tec 24 degrees.  I still am not very confident hitting a low hooking shot but am fairly sure that with practice I will get it figured out.  I also have reevaluated how important it is to be able to hit that shot as far as I can with the 5 iron.  I can always just play it a little shorter with the 6 iron if necessary while I dial in the hybrid.  There is no doubt that it is much more consistent and easy from the fairway or rough.  I suspect the left to right dispersion may be a little better with the 5 iron but it is close.  The front to back dispersion is not even close though.  It is so much easier for me to hit it solid and in the neighborhood of pin high.  This is not the case with the iron.  
Currently I’m going Driver, 3 wood, 19 utility wood, 24 degree hybrid, 28 degree 6 iron (proto c co5).  Before spring I will get a 21 degree utility wood (or a hybrid to fill that gap) and drop the 19.  At that point I can turn the 24 degree hybrid to 25.  In testing I was really surprised that I could turn the loft up and still like the way it sat and not have issues going left.  In general I don’t like the way clubs sit when I add loft to them, and really like the look when loft is subtracted.  This hybrid is good and does not like to go left though.  Those changes should help get my gapping in good shape and then I can decide if I want to add a 5 or 7 wood or go to a 52,56,60 wedge set up (currently going 52,58).

i love this stuff lol.  Gives me an excuse to buy new clubs, even if it doesn’t make any real difference in the scores I post…I do believe the 5 hybrid for 5 iron is an actua advantage over the other set up.

thanks guys

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, cardoustie said:

Big fan of the driver - 4w -7w - 5h set up

or whatever you call clubs at the top end of the bag that are lofted 10/11 - 16/17 - 20/21 - 25/26*

then I add in a 64* for some magic sauce 

We have got to play one of these days, Card!

• Like 1

PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - 65s
Titleist TSi2 16.5* 4w - Tensei Blue - 65s

Titleist TSi2 3H (18*), 4H (21*) - Tensei Blue 65s
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H, 6H, 7H ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S; Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 low-bounce 60* DG s400
PING Sigma 2 Valor 400 Counter-Balanced, 38"

1 hour ago, Obee said:

We have got to play one of these days, Card!

I’m in Florida Jan-April … keep me in mind if you get to SWFL

LAB Mezz Max

3 hours ago, jomatty said:

It is a Cobra king tec 24 degrees.  I still am not very confident hitting a low hooking shot but am fairly sure that with practice I will get it figured out.  I also have reevaluated how important it is to be able to hit that shot as far as I can with the 5 iron.  I can always just play it a little shorter with the 6 iron if necessary while I dial in the hybrid.  There is no doubt that it is much more consistent and easy from the fairway or rough.  I suspect the left to right dispersion may be a little better with the 5 iron but it is close.  The front to back dispersion is not even close though.  

I am in similar boat. I have the king tec hybrid in 24*. I turn it down 1* and make it my 4i replacement which is a DI ZX utility 4i. Yeah side to side is a bit of a wash maybe the 4i on a good day but front to back is not close on a bad or good day. Obviously way more versatile out of various lies.

My hurdle to not fully commit to it is more being a mental headcase that its unorthodox to see launch out of such a high window. Stepping up to a shot I like visualizing the window it shoots out and the hybrid just goes immediately up out of my vision thinking I made a dummy skymark off the turf lol. 

4 hours ago, cardoustie said:

or whatever you call clubs at the top end of the bag that are lofted 10/11 - 16/17 - 20/21 - 25/26*

That is definitely a possibility.  All summer I was playing a 5 wood turned down to 16.5.  I really like the utility wood in the 7 wood spot and they go such similar distances that I have to choose.  May very well end up going 4W, 21 Uw, 5hy.

4 hours ago, cardoustie said:

My needs are a bit different, to be sure, but I genuinely feel that most golfers have gaps at the top of the bag that are WAY too tight, yardage-wise.  5°-ish gaps will be just fine when paired with shaft length and weight to result in yardage ranges that are more than playable.  Personally, I'm at 8°(46")-14°(43.5")-19°(42")-23°(38.5" steel)-28°(38.5" steel).  This results in "best case scenario" yardages of 295-270-245-220-200 which is more than precise enough for someone like me.  

If you really need precision gapping from 220+yds, your are either Nathan Smith, a sadist, or playing from a set of tees that is too long, IMHO.  

AI Smoke TD 9° w/HZRDUS Yellow

Epic Flash 12.5° w/Voodoo VS

'24 Apex UW 19° w/Rogue Silver

Epic Flash 20° w/VS Proto 
'19 Apex Pro 5-9 w/DG

MD2 47° & 52° + PM 1.0 58° & 64° w/DG
Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball Frankenstein (Fowler style)
[img]http://pxc86358mpx1hyn3hdxen4o1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/171831.png[/img]

On 12/15/2023 at 4:28 PM, Golfer from MO said:

I'm a scratch high speed player that hits irons really well. I feel like I have way more control with my 5 and 4 than a hybrid in those spots. I do have a hybrid 19deg in my 5wood slot. Cally UW I really like but went thru 6 shafts to love it (100g tx). I think higher lofted hybrids are harder to control varied distances for higher speed players who also strike it well.

I'm a 14 handicap but agree with this. I do have hybrids at 20.5° and 23° which effectively fill the 5 wood and 3/4 iron slot (but only because of the strength of modern irons in the case of the 4 iron). I have a 24° 5 iron that I absolutely love and definitely feel I have more control with the 5-6 irons. If there is risk in a wayward shot I'm definitely laying up with the 5 or 6 iron versus hitting the hybrid. 

There is loft overlap with a 23° hybrid and a 24° 5 iron but the distance gapping between them is perfect.

Cobra King F9  Driver 10.5° Atmos Blue 6 stiff
17° Callaway X Hot 4 wood
3 (18°) & 4 (21°) Cleveland Halo XL hybrids
Srixon ZX5 5 - PW Modus 105 Regular 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 48°/9° & 52°/11°, RTX 3 58°/9°
Ping Anser Sigma 2 putter

I've got hybrids at 18*, 22*, and 26* filling the gap from 3w to 6i. 

I find they give me the best confidence, performance and, adaptability.

I'd much prefer to choke up on or knock down a hybrid rather than a FW.  

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

3 hours ago, jomatty said:

That is definitely a possibility.  All summer I was playing a 5 wood turned down to 16.5.  I really like the utility wood in the 7 wood spot and they go such similar distances that I have to choose.  May very well end up going 4W, 21 Uw, 5hy.

I think a I’ll be going with a similar setup.  Ping 5w turned down to 17, then 21* UW (2024), and Ping 5h turned down to 25.

I love my 5i, but if I’m being honest with myself, I was far more consistent this past season with my 4h than my 5i.

• Like 1

Vessel Players III Matte Grey Bag

Titleist TSR2 9° Driver (C1) | Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6s

TaylorMade BRNR 13.5° Mini Driver (-0.75°) | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6s

TaylorMade Qi10 5 Wood | Fujikura Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 4 Hybrid | Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 8s

Mizuno Pro 245 5-GW Irons (1° Weak) | KBS Tour Black Pearl S

Vokey SM9 Tour Chrome 54D, 60T Wedges | True Temper DG120 Onyx S200

TaylorMade Spider Tour X Proto Putter | KBS Black PVD 

Callaway Chrome Tour X Triple Track Ball