2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

The Players Championship 2024 (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***)

MattyO1984

8 minutes ago, IndyArcher said:

I guess I don’t get it. I find his acrambling to be amazing. His short game from the deep rough and traps beside the greens is incredible to watch, IMO. And how is being 7 back in the third round and shooting -11 over the last 21 holes to win the tournament not thrilling? This Players Championship was everything I love to see in a tournament!

And regarding Scottie’s consistency, isn't that what we ALL long for in our games???

I agree with you. I never said he was boring, that’s why I put it in quotations. That’s just what people say.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, IndyArcher said:

I guess I don’t get it. I find his acrambling to be amazing. His short game from the deep rough and traps beside the greens is incredible to watch, IMO. And how is being 7 back in the third round and shooting -11 over the last 21 holes to win the tournament not thrilling? This Players Championship was everything I love to see in a tournament!

And regarding Scottie’s consistency, isn't that what we ALL long for in our games???

And Scottie's a great dancer as well, he does the waltz on every shot.😂 

19 hours ago, ike31197 said:

Improves lies, ALL THE TIME and in various ways.  Caddie lines up his putts, not against the letter of the law, definitely circumventing the intent of the law.  Doesn't call penalties when ball moves after smashing the ground behind the ball in the rough.  Tamps down his lines on the green to the point he's seemingly creating a channel the ball can't escape.  I don' know, I'm sure there's more.  He just rubs me the wrong way.  Clone of Patrick Reed's playing style. 

Dude, playing BY the rules is not cheating.

I will admit I saw someone, a week or 2 ago, laying his club behind the ball in the rough and, unlike virtually every other time it's happened the ball did NOT "oscillate" and did, IMO, actually move, and NOT return to its original position. I believe it was Clark. Pretty clear on TV. Surprised nothing happened (or did it privately ?).

His caddie lining him up, moving away, and Clark stepping out of his stance and resetting; exactly what happened on the last putt is most definitely NOT against even the spirit of the rule IMO.

Aiui the rule was so that the player could NOT take his stance for a stroke while the caddie was behind/him/her and continue in that position while the caddie could coach minute adjustments and line the player up "perfectly", without backing away and resetting himself.

Or if you're talking about the caddie using the wedge to check the putting line with Clark behind him, same-same; just more foolishness. Why should it matter where the caddie checks the line.

And creating a groove to the hole with his putter ? Didn't look like that to me. And he'd have been warned about that the first time he did it.

But you gave your honest answer - he rubs you the wrong way. Got it. :classic_wink:

Edited by nsxguy
  • Like 2

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

7 hours ago, goalie said:

Generational wealth is when you can put it somewhere at 4% with zero risk and still not be able to spend the interest every year despite mansions and a jet.  

funnypost.gif

Finally, someone's defined "generational wealth" for me. 73b80a_15036e4cdef448dcb9c92b2f1c85f4fd~

inigomontoyameme.jpg

Edited by nsxguy

Ping Glide Pro 48*

8 hours ago, ike31197 said:

Improves lies, ALL THE TIME and in various ways.  Caddie lines up his putts, not against the letter of the law, definitely circumventing the intent of the law.  Doesn't call penalties when ball moves after smashing the ground behind the ball in the rough.  Tamps down his lines on the green to the point he's seemingly creating a channel the ball can't escape.  I don' know, I'm sure there's more.  He just rubs me the wrong way.  Clone of Patrick Reed's playing style. 

Here's a link to the API - why the hell does he keep jamming his club down behind the ball in the rough other than to improve his lie.  The ball also appears to move. https://www.nbcsports.com/watch/golf-central/why-wyndham-clark-wasnt-penalized-on-18th-hole-at-bay-hill

Here he and his caddy are trampling down his lie at the Players:

https://x.com/NUCLRGOLF/status/1769456080545837387?s=20

The caddy helping him align with the wedge every green. Not a fan. So blatant too.

I'm sure he was "wedge testing" aka pushing the grass down behind his ball in the rough at last years US Open too.

Picking up where Patrick Reed left off. 😂

Edited by beluga99
incorrect link

G430 LST 9*
G15 17.5*
G425 19*
W/S Blade 3-P
S22 51* Zipcore 56* S20 60*
Sigma 2 Arna Stealth

2 hours ago, IndyArcher said:

The same way Harman doesn't get credit for what he does when he's on Scottie won't either to an extent. People expect a certain look and easily seen bravado to be a part of the package in order to really be wowed. Harman isn't 6 feet tall and ripped and Scheffler doesn't stride down the fairway with shoulders back, owning the moment and letting the glory wash over him. 

Someone jarringly unattractive could show up on the men's or women's tours beating out everyone else literally every week of the year and that lack of attractiveness alone would be enough to keep them from being a media darling or fan favorite. However far we've come as a society we aren't past ingrained ideals of what winners should look like or how they should carry themselves. Very few become an exception to those expectations, and most of the time only for a short while. 

How many people wanted Robert Rock's hair to win every event it showed up at? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PedronNiall said:

The same way Harman doesn't get credit for what he does when he's on Scottie won't either to an extent. People expect a certain look and easily seen bravado to be a part of the package in order to really be wowed. Harman isn't 6 feet tall and ripped and Scheffler doesn't stride down the fairway with shoulders back, owning the moment and letting the glory wash over him. 

Someone jarringly unattractive could show up on the men's or women's tours beating out everyone else literally every week of the year and that lack of attractiveness alone would be enough to keep them from being a media darling or fan favorite. However far we've come as a society we aren't past ingrained ideals of what winners should look like or how they should carry themselves. Very few become an exception to those expectations, and most of the time only for a short while. 

“How many people wanted Robert Rock's hair to win every event it showed up at?”

Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN

Post of the year 🏆 

Hilarious that guys like SS and BH light it up on the course and we can’t get excited as if they be like 

Mimbos! 🤣

IMG_1592.jpeg

11 hours ago, Mike412 said:

Imo that is why Scottie seems “boring”. What made Tiger exciting, at least in my opinion, were the hero shots after a wayward tee shot. Scottie doesn’t make those shots because he’s always in the fairway and he doesn’t have to. If Scottie had to hit amazing shots opposite handed out of the trees off of a root while fading it around the bend and landing it softly on the green after shanking it into the woods off the tee people would think he’s just as exciting.

Scheffler is miles better than Tiger Woods miles better ----- it's just that the depth of field since 19987-2005 is so much deeper and stronger and the guys are woking out even more than they were then.  He's got 100 awesome people to beat every week, not just 50 chops like Tiger.

Scottie gets 8 majors in this bold new era that's every bit as good as TIger's 15 - and if he doesn't need "hero" shots that just shows he's doing it the right way and not just hacking about the golf course winning with his B game. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, nsxguy said:

funnypost.gif

Finally, someone's defined "generational wealth" for me. 73b80a_15036e4cdef448dcb9c92b2f1c85f4fd~

inigomontoyameme.jpg

OK, I literally laughed and said "M'lady" in my head when I saw the hat top emoji

And, yeah, while I'm not any more qualified to define generational wealth than anyone else, I understand that the difference between ten or twenty million and half a billion is enormous.

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym 10.5* HZRDUS Silver 6.0

Callaway 3HL Paradym X HZRDUS Silver 6.0

Callaway 7w Paradym HZRDUS Silver 5.5

Tour Edge C522 4 and 6 hybrids Fubuki HL 55R

Callaway 6-52* irons Paradym HZRDUS Silver 6.0

Callaway Jaws Raw 58* Catalyst Wedge

Odyssey 11 Triple Track SuperStroke Traxion 2.0 

12 hours ago, TiScape said:

Also safe to say “the best since Tiger”, still isn’t close to Tiger. 

yeah ... SS's world golf ranking is about 4.5 pts ahead of 2nd place Rory ... in 2007, Tiger was 14 ahead of Jim Furyk (just looking at one week) ... in 2001 he was 18 pts ahead of Phil ... insane ... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, parl112 said:

Poor xander- I wonder if he will ever take that next step

Not everyone's clutch.  In the end, he's making a great living playing a game, I'm not too worried about him, even if he keeps doing what he's been doing.

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym 10.5* HZRDUS Silver 6.0

Callaway 3HL Paradym X HZRDUS Silver 6.0

Callaway 7w Paradym HZRDUS Silver 5.5

Tour Edge C522 4 and 6 hybrids Fubuki HL 55R

Callaway 6-52* irons Paradym HZRDUS Silver 6.0

Callaway Jaws Raw 58* Catalyst Wedge

Odyssey 11 Triple Track SuperStroke Traxion 2.0 

9 hours ago, PedronNiall said:

Based on the AK fever going on, you're not too far off......

3 hours ago, Hawkeye77 said:

Scheffler is miles better than Tiger Woods miles better ----- it's just that the depth of field since 19987-2005 is so much deeper and stronger and the guys are woking out even more than they were then.  He's got 100 awesome people to beat every week, not just 50 chops like Tiger.

Scottie gets 8 majors in this bold new era that's every bit as good as TIger's 15 - and if he doesn't need "hero" shots that just shows he's doing it the right way and not just hacking about the golf course winning with his B game. 

By that logic, Big Cats 15 > Jack's 18 (let alone 83 v 73).

• Like 1

Titleist....

2 minutes ago, dropkicked said:

By that logic, Big Cats 15 > Jack's 18 (let alone 83 v 73).

And all Tiger fans suggest exactly that. You know, opinions and all. :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ping Glide Pro 48*

5 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

“How many people wanted Robert Rock's hair to win every event it showed up at?”

Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN

Post of the year 🏆 

Hilarious that guys like SS and BH light it up on the course and we can’t get excited as if they be like 

Mimbos! 🤣

IMG_1592.jpeg

Life just isn't fair. Speaking of mimbos, imagine if Adam Scott were playing like Scheffler or Harman are at the moment. Wouldn't be able to go anywhere without hearing their prowess talked about. Luckily I dedicated an entire thread to Scott's infamy, so if he ever gets his game firing on all cylinders, the world will know who he truly is. 

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, JetSpeed79 said:

Oh wow. I have so many questions. 

Who has the freakiest search history on here?

Definitely not me. 

Titleist TSR3 10° Ventus Black

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB 8-PW Axiom 105S

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.12°D Axiom 125X

Scotty Cameron Newport MMT Putter Concept