Ping iBlade irons: shot at the 2016 Players Championship (In-hand pics of Louis Oosthuizen's irons a

Comments

• howeberhoweber Members Posts: 832 ✭✭
    Wow looks like I might finally have to try some Ping irons
  • mdb0103mdb0103 Jacket CountryMembers Posts: 2,970 ✭✭
    These are sweet! I'm taking time off from the game for awhile, but will be buying these when I get back in!
  • Ajohns10Ajohns10 IndianaMembers Posts: 160 ✭✭
    Pm sent. I'll take them!
    Ping G400 LS @ 8.5* w/ Hzrdus 6.5 / Mizuno ST190 w/ Tour Spec Atmos x
    Mizuno ST 190 3wd
    PXG 17*
    JPX 919 Tours (c-taper 130x)
    Mizuno s18's 50, 54, 58 (c-taper 120s)
    Odyssey White Hot #7, Scotty Mil-Spec, Scotty 6m
  • PingfitzPingfitz Members Posts: 755 ✭✭
    Wow! 3 pages in just over 7 hours...going to be a big thread especially when everyone can start testing!
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,607 ✭✭
    Pingfitz wrote:

Wow! 3 pages in just over 7 hours...going to be a big thread especially when everyone can start testing!

This site may crash once the full details come out on this new line...
  • 2putttom2putttom # 1 Oregon Duck fan Members Posts: 10,009 ✭✭
    Pingfitz wrote:

Well thats based on the wrx'er style of mojo. "it looks good...I gotta have..if I don't like it, I'll sell it" attitude.
    Tour Exotics E 10 15*
    Srixon 785's w/G P MCC plus 4
    Mizuno T 7 52 MP T7 56 &60
    Bobby Grace [font=comic sans ms,cursive]SNYPER [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]II [/font][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]46"[/font][/font]
    Oregon Ducks Bag
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭
    No tungsten weighting?
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping i20 3 (DI-95S), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • JaxBeachNoleJaxBeachNole Juicy Members Posts: 4,031
    So Glide irons. Great. I assume that these are meant to have more forgiveness and a higher ball flight, look forward to seeing what the inner workings/shape of that filled in cavity is.

Is this really a replacement of the S line or is this meant to be between an I and S, thats what they look like.
    M1 HZRDUS Black<br />SLDR 15 TS 8.3<br />X2 Hot 18 Kuro Kage 80<br />i200 3 Modus 130<br />S55 4-PW Modus 130<br />Engage 52 56 S S400<br />Newport 1.5<br />WITB Link
  • doublehansdoublehans Members Posts: 642 ✭✭
    Nessism wrote:

Hum, with the release of these clubs the "S" identifier will be retired. Apparently Ping didn't put much value in that nomenclature.

seems like ping is just overall trying to consolidate the nomenclature. Got rid of the k, i and anser line of woods and then made multiple G series types of heads (regular, sf tec, ls). and with irons the K line got consolidated into the G line as G-max. Now, seems like they might be consolidating the S irons in the i line as i-blade. might be a bit of marketing there too with the blade moniker, but in general seems like a longterm effort on ping's part to consolidate the overall names and then just have subsets underneath. so in the context, given what they've done with the K series generally as well as the i series in woods, it makes some sense they'd do the same thing with the s series in irons. not saying, its good or bad, just there's a clear trend.
  • jimb6golfjimb6golf Members Posts: 1,565 ✭✭
    Those look awesome. Way beyond my pay grade but still awesome looking, clean irons. I'm sure they will be put in play by a lot of staff members too.
  • kerrlybillkerrlybill Members Posts: 192 ✭✭
    There is definitely Tungsten in the toe. Look very very closely at the picks. For instance, look at the straight on shot of the cavity of the 8 iron. It's color blended much better than the older irons likely to have a super clean look.
  • RH82RH82 Members Posts: 2,020 ✭✭
    Same finish as the s55's I wonder?
    Cobra King KTD Pro (9.5*)
    Titleist 917 F2 (16.5*)
    Callaway Apex (20*/23*)
    Srixon Z785 (5-PW)
    Cleveland RTX-4 (50*/56*/60*)
    Odyssey White Hot Pro #3
  • Chef OttoChef Otto I Surf Snow & Putt For Dough Members Posts: 677 ✭✭
    Oh My..........
    Callaway Rouge 9* Aldila Rogue Silver 44.5"
    Tour Edge Exotics E8 Beta 15* Aldila Rogue Silver
    PING G410 Crossover 2i Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue 80
    PING i500 4-U Project X LZ 6.0
    Vokey SM7 Black 54f - 58k
    Scotty Cameron Futura X7M 33"
  • BCULAWBCULAW Orlando, FLMembers Posts: 3,668 ✭✭
    Very excited to see these in person. Looks to be a set of "Glide" irons, which is a great thing, IMO. They do seem to have changed the address profile quite a bit from the prior S series, but I can't quite put my finger on the changes. There is definitely a bit of change in the way the top line transitions into the hosel in the long irons. Also seems the heel has a bit more of an under slung look to it. They look a bit sleeker than the angular/squarish predecessors.
  • KonkliferKonklifer Thinkin' of a master plan... Members Posts: 7,841 ✭✭
    cardoustie wrote:

if these don't have tungsten in the toe, then the s55's are not going anywhere

It's there. Look at the pics of the 8 iron.
    PING G400 Max 10°
    PING G400 16.5°
    PING G400 hybrid 19°
    PING i25 hybrid 22°
    Callaway XHP 5-AW
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth, 54° SS, 58° ES
    Kevin Burns 9306
    Snell MTB Red Optic Yellow
  • PatsNationPatsNation Members Posts: 1,532 ✭✭
  • MiloMinderbnderMiloMinderbnder Members Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Konklifer wrote:

cardoustie wrote:

if these don't have tungsten in the toe, then the s55's are not going anywhere

It's there. Look at the pics of the 8 iron.

good spot

MBuvkPZ.png?1
  • MiloMinderbnderMiloMinderbnder Members Posts: 41 ✭✭
    I think they look great. Cosmetically I guess the only thing I wish was different would be that they matched the glides in that it said PING above the cavity and iBlade inside the lower corner of the cavity. Nit picky. These look awesome.
  • tsecortsecor Loading........ Members Posts: 4,209 ✭✭
    edited May 9, 2016 #80
    a cast blade with tungsten in the same area as the AP2's but in the scoring irons?

doesn't make much sense to me and obviously these are already behind in the tech department if all this is true....they look great though
  • J-TizzleJ-Tizzle Hello Members Posts: 3,400 ✭✭
    Sploosh.
    G400 8.5* - G400 14.5* - Baffler 19.5* - G410 23* - i500 5-U - Gorge Stealth 56* (@55*), 60* - BG F22
  • MMB1500MMB1500 Members Posts: 6,340 ✭✭
    There were calls on here some time ago for Ping to make an iron version of the Glide wedges. Looks like they listened.

These look great IMO. Wonderfully clean and classy. Best looking Ping iron in as long as I can remember. Well done.
  • The CouvThe Couv Members Posts: 387 ✭✭
    If Ping offers some decent no-charge upgrade shafts for these, I will be all over them. I think these look great.
  • mtg6193mtg6193 Damn you people, go back to your shantys Members Posts: 409 ✭✭
    might be the best looking Ping iron ever
    Witb: pb&j and extra socks
  • MJisGOATMJisGOAT Members Posts: 4,586 ✭✭
    Goldfish
    Cali
    TailorMaid
    t****
    "inefficient and dead rear cavity design"
    @thereal#7
  • ClayShooterClayShooter Members Posts: 105
    It's more important to look good than to feel good!
  • EvningEvning Members Posts: 377
    I wonder if that clean understated look is hiding any technical sophistication inside.

so looking forward to learning its story.
  • Drewhill44Drewhill44 Drewhill44 Members Posts: 48 ✭✭
    Like the finish. They look smaller than the S55's.
    Cobra F6+ 8.5 Graffaloy Blue 65X
    Cobra Fly Z+ 3-wood 14.5 Diamana Whiteboard 70X
    Cobra Fly Z+ 5 wood 17.5 Diamana Whiteboard 70X
    Titleist 816H2 (19) Diamana Whiteboard 100X
    Bridgestone J15 CB 4-PW KBS C-taper 130X
    Titleist Vokey SM5 50, 54, 60 DG Tour Issue X100
    Rife Barbados Black
  • MadGolfer76MadGolfer76 Admiration is the state furthest from understanding. Members Posts: 19,906 ✭✭
    They're doing this again? It wasn't a blade last time, and it sure isn't now either.
    Mizuno ST-180 @ 8.5
    Mizuno JPX 900 @ 14
    Mizuno CLK @ 18, 21
    Mizuno JPX 900HM 5-Lw
    PING Sigma G Tyne
    Srixon Z-Star
    WITB
  • calogecaloge Members Posts: 448 ✭✭
    So I guess this is the icing on the simplifying the naming convention cake. If it has a "G" it is a GI iron, its its got an "I" its a players iron, with both ranges offering a bit of progression. Can't wait to give them a swing.
  • powerbelly51powerbelly51 Members Posts: 392 ✭✭
    Looks good, will be interesting to see how they perform.