We have launched our new enhanced Editor. There is an overview and tutorial Here.

#TheWRX: The EPIC Event at Callaway Golf. 8 Members are treated to TheWRX

15455575960104
104

Comments

  • Sean2Sean2  30952Members Posts: 30,952
    Joined:  #1682
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • rileypratherrileyprather  253Members Posts: 253
    Joined:  #1683
    Sean2 wrote:




    That is kind of him HotRod. :-)



    Here in the Boston area it's not Ft Worth like. A few winters ago we received 9 feet of snow...I felt like I was living in northern Canada with a very short golf season. The next year, not as much snow, but COLD. Same thing last year.



    I can't complain though, I'm the idiot that chose to live here...well sorta...




    I'm in northeastern Connecticut (on 395 south of Worcester). I feel your pain, bro!!
    Posted:
    WITB:
    Callaway EPIC SZ - HZRDUS T800 6.0
    Callaway EPIC 3+ - HZRDUS T800 6.0
    Titleist 913h 19 - Diamana blue
    Wishon 575 cb/mb combo - Project X rifle 5.5
    Callaway MD3 - 52 - 56 - 60
    Scotty Select Newport 2 (2018)
  • vernonvernon Hi! I'm Holly!  1215Members Posts: 1,215
    Joined:  #1684


    It was 80 today in ft Worth.
    60 in Kansas City today - global warming has returned! Thank God.
    Posted:
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area. 25140ClubWRX Posts: 25,140
    Joined:  #1685
    QMany wrote:


    cb5fad6b5b9513f56d9c42d253fb675f.jpg




    A beautiful bag. If you don't mind, can you share a bit more on the wedge set up in terms of gaps, bounce, etc.? Is the 54 your standard wedge for a greenside bunker shot? Is the setup from your preferences or part of the overall recommendation from Cally based on your fitting? Sorry for so many questions.
    Posted:
  • hurricanes7hurricanes7  2846Members Posts: 2,846
    Joined:  #1686
    how are the forged wedges
    Posted:
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]DRIVER- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
    3 WOOD- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
    HYBRID- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
    IRONS- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
    GAP- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
    SAND- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
    LOB- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
    PUTTER- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
    BALL- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font]
  • QManyQMany #TheWRX  9149ClubWRX Posts: 9,149
    Joined:  edited Dec 30, 2016 #1687
    DavePelz4 wrote:

    QMany wrote:


    cb5fad6b5b9513f56d9c42d253fb675f.jpg




    A beautiful bag. If you don't mind, can you share a bit more on the wedge set up in terms of gaps, bounce, etc.? Is the 54 your standard wedge for a greenside bunker shot? Is the setup from your preferences or part of the overall recommendation from Cally based on your fitting? Sorry for so many questions.




    My 60 is my standard wedge for greenside bunkers and rough. It is Roger Cleveland's C Grind. It really reminds me of my trust Taylormade Tour Preferred which I've had much success with. I don't manipulate the face a lot, open it up and such. We started the fitting with wedges from 40-80 yards and tested turf interaction and how the bounce affected flight. I'm not overly steep or shallow, so I probably could have made due with any of the grinds, but it was clear the C Grind flighted the ball how I wanted while not digging or bouncing. We took the MD3 C Grind and the new MD Forged C Grind to the short game green to test in greenside bunkers and rough. Out of the rough, they were was similar. Every ball out of the bunker with the MD3 C Grind was exactly what I envisioned, but the MD Forged C Grind seemed to dig with my swing and came out lower with less spin (it is a little more aggressive C Grind and straighter leading edge). Full swing = 85 yards.



    grind-c-ml94rur8bvu8muey86msld9ner910zraxyk1cix8p0.jpg



    I'll chip with my 54 and occasionally use it for pitching and longer bunker shots. But again, I don't manipulate it much. If I'm hitting a 54, it is almost always square. The S Grind was perfect for these uses. Full swing = 105 yards.



    grind-s-ml94rur8bvu8muey86msld9ner910zraxyk1cix8p0.jpg



    I don't chip or hit any greenside shots with my 50. If I need a lower running chip, I use my PW. So 50 is all about flighted wedges from 90-110 and fuller wedges from 110-120. So again, the full or S Grind was perfect. Full swing = 120 yards.



    EDIT: My fitter and Roger Cleveland also educated me on the grooves used in the MD3 line; I didn't realize they were different and progressive.


    A 3 groove package precision milled into the face of these wedges that optimizes spin as you go up in loft. It creates a smoother spin transition from your irons to wedges. The 30V grooves in the Pitching and Gap Wedges are built for shots that require a steep angle into the ball. The 20V grooves in the sand wedges are designed for full shots and bunker shots, and we put in wider 5V grooves in the lob wedges for better control for shots out of the rough and around the green.




    MD3-s-grind-tech-shot-grooves-30V-ml94rlcufjhdeqslr2kiwfn1gwjcw0pzko16jrb6f8.jpgMD3-s-grind-tech-shot-grooves-20V-ml94rlcufjhdeqslr2kiwfn1gwjcw0pzko16jrb6f8.jpgMD3-s-grind-tech-shot-grooves-5V-ml94rlcufjhdeqslr2kiwfn1gwjcw0pzko16jrb6f8.jpg
    Posted:
    Currently in #TheWRX...

    Taylormade M3 460 (9.5°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
    Taylormade SLDR Mini (14°) Matrix White Tie 70X
    Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
    Callaway Apex Pro (4i-PW) DG X100 TI
    Ping Glide 2.0 (50° & 54°) DG S400 TI
    Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
    Odyssey O Works R-Line
    Taylormade TP5X

    QMany's Swing/Sticks / Instagram
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff Montreal 28905Members Posts: 28,905
    Joined:  #1688
    I played virtual golf today with my new bag and a few of my friends that i play with in the "real world"....i showed them the driver but asked that they don't take pictures or post them anywhere since i signed an NDA



    they made fun of me for like 3 solid hours
    Posted:
    Cobra King F9 w/Fujikura Atmos TS Black 7
    Cobra King F9 w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Apex 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
    Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
    Callaway MD 2.0 60 PM grind w/S300
    Odyssey O-works Red Tank #7
  • 3_Jack_Par3_Jack_Par Winter is stupid  6175Members, ClubWRX Posts: 6,175
    Joined:  #1689
    MtlJeff wrote:


    I played virtual golf today with my new bag and a few of my friends that i play with in the "real world"....i showed them the driver but asked that they don't take pictures or post them anywhere since i signed an NDA



    they made fun of me for like 3 solid hours


    That's what good friends are for!
    Posted:
    Ping G410 LST 9* (set to 8* Flat), Aldila Rogue Silver 130 70TX
    Ping G410 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Aldila Rogue Silver 130 80TX
    Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) HZRDUS Black 85X (or Srixon Z u45 18* Nippon Modus3 120x or Tour Issue TaylorMade M2 Tour 18*, Fujikura Rombax P95x)
    Scratch SB-1 3-PW, Nippon Modus3 120x
    Titleist Vokey Forged 52F & 58K, Nippon Modus3 125 Wedge,  Titleist Vokey SM6 62* M-Grind DG S200 (sometimes)
    Byron Morgan B-17, Blue oil finish, 34"
    WITB Link
  • ZAPZAP  1642ClubWRX Posts: 1,642
    Joined:  #1690
    MtlJeff wrote:


    I played virtual golf today with my new bag and a few of my friends that i play with in the "real world"....i showed them the driver but asked that they don't take pictures or post them anywhere since i signed an NDA



    they made fun of me for like 3 solid hours




    Yeah but they don't have the driver. So there...
    Posted:
  • BrizamBrizam Junkie  974ClubWRX Posts: 974
    Joined:  #1691
    MtlJeff wrote:


    I played virtual golf today with my new bag and a few of my friends that i play with in the "real world"....i showed them the driver but asked that they don't take pictures or post them anywhere since i signed an NDA



    they made fun of me for like 3 solid hours




    We made fun of you for 3 days. But we're all friends now.



    I played golf with my dad yesterday and I made him look the other way every time I pulled the driver out. He was allowed to look down the fairway for the landing though. I told him to look a little further down than usual.
    Posted:
  • easyyyeasyyy Founder & Still a Ho Detroit 12330Rules Official, Administrator Posts: 12,330
    Joined:  #1692
    MtlJeff wrote:


    I played virtual golf today with my new bag and a few of my friends that i play with in the "real world"....i showed them the driver but asked that they don't take pictures or post them anywhere since i signed an NDA



    they made fun of me for like 3 solid hours




    Very funny. "Real world" golf friends. They would and sometimes do love this place if they come around long enough to get the WRX bug.



    As for making fun of you for 3 hours??? I eat the banter for breakfast! Yum,
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff Montreal 28905Members Posts: 28,905
    Joined:  #1693
    easyyy wrote:

    MtlJeff wrote:


    I played virtual golf today with my new bag and a few of my friends that i play with in the "real world"....i showed them the driver but asked that they don't take pictures or post them anywhere since i signed an NDA



    they made fun of me for like 3 solid hours




    Very funny. "Real world" golf friends. They would and sometimes do love this place if they come around long enough to get the WRX bug.



    As for making fun of you for 3 hours??? I eat the banter for breakfast! Yum,




    Actually, kind of funny that a topic of discussion for me with a few guys on the trip was how we "explained" the trip to our friends and family about how it all came about. My friends at my country club are actually big WRX fans, they know the site very well and know that i'm a member. I wear the GolfWRX hats a lot on the course. Our head pro is on the site a lot , many others lurk and they all know that i used to write for the site. So they were easy



    But explaining the trip to my casual golf friends , and my work friends who are non-golfers....was....interesting. Their response was usually something along the lines of "So you're going to California with some people you met on the internet? Hmmmm, just text me when you get there so we know you haven't been murdered"....or "OK i get it, but why would they pick you, you're a nobody"



    So i've actually been explaining what GolfWRX is these days to pretty much everyone, especially non-golfers.
    Posted:
    Cobra King F9 w/Fujikura Atmos TS Black 7
    Cobra King F9 w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Apex 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
    Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
    Callaway MD 2.0 60 PM grind w/S300
    Odyssey O-works Red Tank #7
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff Montreal 28905Members Posts: 28,905
    Joined:  #1694
    Brizam wrote:

    MtlJeff wrote:


    I played virtual golf today with my new bag and a few of my friends that i play with in the "real world"....i showed them the driver but asked that they don't take pictures or post them anywhere since i signed an NDA



    they made fun of me for like 3 solid hours




    We made fun of you for 3 days. But we're all friends now.



    I played golf with my dad yesterday and I made him look the other way every time I pulled the driver out. He was allowed to look down the fairway for the landing though. I told him to look a little further down than usual.




    Just do it on the group texts which i can't take part in LOL.



    I did give you guys a lot of material in those 3 days. At least now i know not to have a few beers if our bus will be caught in traffic for 3 hours.
    Posted:
    Cobra King F9 w/Fujikura Atmos TS Black 7
    Cobra King F9 w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Apex 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
    Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
    Callaway MD 2.0 60 PM grind w/S300
    Odyssey O-works Red Tank #7
  • Sean2Sean2  30952Members Posts: 30,952
    Joined:  #1695

    Sean2 wrote:


    That is kind of him HotRod. :-)



    Here in the Boston area it's not Ft Worth like. A few winters ago we received 9 feet of snow...I felt like I was living in northern Canada with a very short golf season. The next year, not as much snow, but COLD. Same thing last year.



    I can't complain though, I'm the idiot that chose to live here...well sorta...




    I'm in northeastern Connecticut (on 395 south of Worcester). I feel your pain, bro!!




    I enjoy playing Connecticut National on occasion. :-)
    Posted:
  • Sean2Sean2  30952Members Posts: 30,952
    Joined:  #1696


    how are the forged wedges






    I really like them. Great feel and great performance. I was using the new Callaway ball and around the green the ball checked up nicely or spun back. I like that as you can be aggressive with your chips/pitches because you know the ball will stop.
    Posted:
  • Sean2Sean2  30952Members Posts: 30,952
    Joined:  #1697
    MtlJeff wrote:

    easyyy wrote:

    MtlJeff wrote:


    I played virtual golf today with my new bag and a few of my friends that i play with in the "real world"....i showed them the driver but asked that they don't take pictures or post them anywhere since i signed an NDA



    they made fun of me for like 3 solid hours




    Very funny. "Real world" golf friends. They would and sometimes do love this place if they come around long enough to get the WRX bug.



    As for making fun of you for 3 hours??? I eat the banter for breakfast! Yum,




    Actually, kind of funny that a topic of discussion for me with a few guys on the trip was how we "explained" the trip to our friends and family about how it all came about. My friends at my country club are actually big WRX fans, they know the site very well and know that i'm a member. I wear the GolfWRX hats a lot on the course. Our head pro is on the site a lot , many others lurk and they all know that i used to write for the site. So they were easy



    But explaining the trip to my casual golf friends , and my work friends who are non-golfers....was....interesting. Their response was usually something along the lines of "So you're going to California with some people you met on the internet? Hmmmm, just text me when you get there so we know you haven't been murdered"....or "OK i get it, but why would they pick you, you're a nobody"



    So i've actually been explaining what GolfWRX is these days to pretty much everyone, especially non-golfers.




    I received that too Jeff...and they weren't even Canadian. As well as defining GolfWRX.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • vernonvernon Hi! I'm Holly!  1215Members Posts: 1,215
    Joined:  #1698
    QMany wrote:

    DavePelz4 wrote:

    QMany wrote:


    cb5fad6b5b9513f56d9c42d253fb675f.jpg




    A beautiful bag. If you don't mind, can you share a bit more on the wedge set up in terms of gaps, bounce, etc.? Is the 54 your standard wedge for a greenside bunker shot? Is the setup from your preferences or part of the overall recommendation from Cally based on your fitting? Sorry for so many questions.




    My 60 is my standard wedge for greenside bunkers and rough. It is Roger Cleveland's C Grind. It really reminds me of my trust Taylormade Tour Preferred which I've had much success with. I don't manipulate the face a lot, open it up and such. We started the fitting with wedges from 40-80 yards and tested turf interaction and how the bounce affected flight. I'm not overly steep or shallow, so I probably could have made due with any of the grinds, but it was clear the C Grind flighted the ball how I wanted while not digging or bouncing. We took the MD3 C Grind and the new MD Forged C Grind to the short game green to test in greenside bunkers and rough. Out of the rough, they were was similar. Every ball out of the bunker with the MD3 C Grind was exactly what I envisioned, but the MD Forged C Grind seemed to dig with my swing and came out lower with less spin (it is a little more aggressive C Grind and straighter leading edge). Full swing = 85 yards.



    grind-c-ml94rur8bvu8muey86msld9ner910zraxyk1cix8p0.jpg



    I'll chip with my 54 and occasionally use it for pitching and longer bunker shots. But again, I don't manipulate it much. If I'm hitting a 54, it is almost always square. The S Grind was perfect for these uses. Full swing = 105 yards.



    grind-s-ml94rur8bvu8muey86msld9ner910zraxyk1cix8p0.jpg



    I don't chip or hit any greenside shots with my 50. If I need a lower running chip, I use my PW. So 50 is all about flighted wedges from 90-110 and fuller wedges from 110-120. So again, the full or S Grind was perfect. Full swing = 120 yards.



    EDIT: My fitter and Roger Cleveland also educated me on the grooves used in the MD3 line; I didn't realize they were different and progressive.


    A 3 groove package precision milled into the face of these wedges that optimizes spin as you go up in loft. It creates a smoother spin transition from your irons to wedges. The 30V grooves in the Pitching and Gap Wedges are built for shots that require a steep angle into the ball. The 20V grooves in the sand wedges are designed for full shots and bunker shots, and we put in wider 5V grooves in the lob wedges for better control for shots out of the rough and around the green.




    MD3-s-grind-tech-shot-grooves-30V-ml94rlcufjhdeqslr2kiwfn1gwjcw0pzko16jrb6f8.jpgMD3-s-grind-tech-shot-grooves-20V-ml94rlcufjhdeqslr2kiwfn1gwjcw0pzko16jrb6f8.jpgMD3-s-grind-tech-shot-grooves-5V-ml94rlcufjhdeqslr2kiwfn1gwjcw0pzko16jrb6f8.jpg
    Great stuff Matt! I love the way you write - as an ol' English major/teacher I have a lot of appreciation for how you express yourself and how efficiently you state your case and get your intended message across in such great detail and without being overly wordy (borderline run on sentence there!). Your job obviously requires a pretty high level of literacy. OK, enough of that crap.



    Reading your comments regarding grooves and checking out the Callaway imagery and explanation, I couldn't help but think back to the Ping groove controversy and resulting lawsuits. How in the name of golf is this stuff legal but Ping's square/box grooves weren't/aren't! It all just seems to fly in the face of logic not to mention physics. Where are Tom Watson and the rest of the "groove police" these days screaming about how technology is ruining the game and making shots from the rough too easy? Nowadays, every company boasts about their latest groove innovations and how they're revolutionizing the game from middle irons to lob wedges!



    OK, end of rant - it just kind of jumped out at me and I had to get it off my chest!



    Thanks again for all the time and effort that you put into your posts. They're easily among the most succinct and informative on the forum. And, congratulations on the trip and overall experience - you've earned it. All the best man and keep up the good work.
    Posted:
  • J13J13 Dad golf  15888Members Posts: 15,888
    Joined:  #1699
    All the bags look great ! Hopefully the weather is nice enough for everyone to play a little over the winter
    Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash Triple Diamond 9* / Mitsu Tensei Pro White 70TX
    Fairway wood - Under construction
    Irons - Under Construction
    Wedges - Under Construction
    Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Flow Neck
    Srixon Zstar XV

    WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590


    Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13





  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Iowa 19064ClubWRX Posts: 19,064
    Joined:  edited Dec 31, 2016 #1700
    MtlJeff wrote:


    I played virtual golf today with my new bag and a few of my friends that i play with in the "real world"....i showed them the driver but asked that they don't take pictures or post them anywhere since i signed an NDA



    they made fun of me for like 3 solid hours




    Uh-oh, somebody ragging on your pace of play in 3-2-1 ..... 😉



    My wife thought it was "cute" and my daughters were proud but surprised to say the least I played golf with "internet friends" this past season (I can be a little anti meeting new people I guess). Clinics they get but meeting a wrxer and embarking on 18 holes in semi-drizzly conditions late April in Chicago (thanks DP4!) had them thinking I'd gone bonkers. It's not like I went to Canada! 😀
    Posted:
  • QManyQMany #TheWRX  9149ClubWRX Posts: 9,149
    Joined:  #1701
    vernon wrote:


    Great stuff Matt! I love the way you write - as an ol' English major/teacher I have a lot of appreciation for how you express yourself and how efficiently you state your case and get your intended message across in such great detail and without being overly wordy (borderline run on sentence there!). Your job obviously requires a pretty high level of literacy. OK, enough of that crap.



    Reading your comments regarding grooves and checking out the Callaway imagery and explanation, I couldn't help but think back to the Ping groove controversy and resulting lawsuits. How in the name of golf is this stuff legal but Ping's square/box grooves weren't/aren't! It all just seems to fly in the face of logic not to mention physics. Where are Tom Watson and the rest of the "groove police" these days screaming about how technology is ruining the game and making shots from the rough too easy? Nowadays, every company boasts about their latest groove innovations and how they're revolutionizing the game from middle irons to lob wedges!



    OK, end of rant - it just kind of jumped out at me and I had to get it off my chest!



    Thanks again for all the time and effort that you put into your posts. They're easily among the most succinct and informative on the forum. And, congratulations on the trip and overall experience - you've earned it. All the best man and keep up the good work.




    Thank you for the kind words, Vernon. We were incredibly fortunate to take part in this Callaway experience; I want to be as responsive, honest, and objective as possible. And GolfWRX reviews and Q&A are much more fun to write than pleadings and discovery responses! image/laugh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />
    Posted:
    Currently in #TheWRX...

    Taylormade M3 460 (9.5°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
    Taylormade SLDR Mini (14°) Matrix White Tie 70X
    Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
    Callaway Apex Pro (4i-PW) DG X100 TI
    Ping Glide 2.0 (50° & 54°) DG S400 TI
    Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
    Odyssey O Works R-Line
    Taylormade TP5X

    QMany's Swing/Sticks / Instagram
  • radimanradiman  4729Members Posts: 4,729
    Joined:  #1702
    I was hoping I could get some insight from one you fine folks that have hit last years Callaway offerings. Specifically the 816 DBD. If there are any numbers to compare, that's all the better.



    Thanks!
    Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9* HZRDUS Smoke Green "The Hulk" 60 6.5TX
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* Evenflow Black 75 6.5
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 52, 56, 60
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • hurricanes7hurricanes7  2846Members Posts: 2,846
    Joined:  #1703
    MtlJeff wrote:

    easyyy wrote:

    MtlJeff wrote:


    I played virtual golf today with my new bag and a few of my friends that i play with in the "real world"....i showed them the driver but asked that they don't take pictures or post them anywhere since i signed an NDA



    they made fun of me for like 3 solid hours




    Very funny. "Real world" golf friends. They would and sometimes do love this place if they come around long enough to get the WRX bug.



    As for making fun of you for 3 hours??? I eat the banter for breakfast! Yum,




    Actually, kind of funny that a topic of discussion for me with a few guys on the trip was how we "explained" the trip to our friends and family about how it all came about. My friends at my country club are actually big WRX fans, they know the site very well and know that i'm a member. I wear the GolfWRX hats a lot on the course. Our head pro is on the site a lot , many others lurk and they all know that i used to write for the site. So they were easy



    But explaining the trip to my casual golf friends , and my work friends who are non-golfers....was....interesting. Their response was usually something along the lines of "So you're going to California with some people you met on the internet? Hmmmm, just text me when you get there so we know you haven't been murdered"....or "OK i get it, but why would they pick you, you're a nobody"



    So i've actually been explaining what GolfWRX is these days to pretty much everyone, especially non-golfers.




    you have to be on wrx, to understand the people on wrx
    Posted:
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]DRIVER- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
    3 WOOD- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
    HYBRID- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
    IRONS- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
    GAP- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
    SAND- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
    LOB- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
    PUTTER- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
    BALL- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font]
  • hef63303hef63303  2884Members Posts: 2,884
    Joined:  #1704

    MtlJeff wrote:

    easyyy wrote:

    MtlJeff wrote:


    I played virtual golf today with my new bag and a few of my friends that i play with in the "real world"....i showed them the driver but asked that they don't take pictures or post them anywhere since i signed an NDA



    they made fun of me for like 3 solid hours




    Very funny. "Real world" golf friends. They would and sometimes do love this place if they come around long enough to get the WRX bug.



    As for making fun of you for 3 hours??? I eat the banter for breakfast! Yum,




    Actually, kind of funny that a topic of discussion for me with a few guys on the trip was how we "explained" the trip to our friends and family about how it all came about. My friends at my country club are actually big WRX fans, they know the site very well and know that i'm a member. I wear the GolfWRX hats a lot on the course. Our head pro is on the site a lot , many others lurk and they all know that i used to write for the site. So they were easy



    But explaining the trip to my casual golf friends , and my work friends who are non-golfers....was....interesting. Their response was usually something along the lines of "So you're going to California with some people you met on the internet? Hmmmm, just text me when you get there so we know you haven't been murdered"....or "OK i get it, but why would they pick you, you're a nobody"



    So i've actually been explaining what GolfWRX is these days to pretty much everyone, especially non-golfers.




    you have to be on wrx, to understand the people on wrx
    It's a WRX thing. You wouldn't understand. New motto.
    Posted:
  • hurricanes7hurricanes7  2846Members Posts: 2,846
    Joined:  #1705
    i like it, post that somewhere
    Posted:
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]DRIVER- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
    3 WOOD- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
    HYBRID- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
    IRONS- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
    GAP- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
    SAND- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
    LOB- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
    PUTTER- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
    BALL- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font]
  • rymail00rymail00  6705Members Posts: 6,705
    Joined:  #1706
    If I missed it I'm sorry. Are you guys only able to post pics of the Epic line, and everything once it's officially released?
    Posted:
    rymail00 2018 WITB http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/

    TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
    Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
    Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
    Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
    Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
    Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
    Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer)
    Ping Scottsdale TR B60
    TP Mills Heritage 349g
    Byron Morgan 006 355g
    Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper
    C&L CL1 368g
    Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style
  • WaterboyWaterboy #TheWRX  1308Members Posts: 1,308
    Joined:  edited Jan 2, 2017 #1707
    rymail00 wrote:


    If I missed it I'm sorry. Are you guys only able to post pics of the Epic line, and everything once it's officially released?




    Wedges are out.



    Putters and driver are soon. I can't remember the actual dates.



    Driver this week



    Putter end of month.
    Posted:
    Twitter:
    Site: www.thebottomgroove.com

    WITB:
    Callaway Big Bertha Epic 10.5
    Callaway BBA 5 Wood
    Callaway XR 7 Wood - Frankenstyle
    Apex Hybrid 23deg
    Apex Pro 5i-PW
    MD3 52, 56 W-Grind
    MD3 60 PM Grind
    Odyssey O-Works - #1/3T (putter commitment issues)
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • J13J13 Dad golf  15888Members Posts: 15,888
    Joined:  #1708
    After hearing all the feedback from this trip and some others I'm looking forward to getting properly fit into the Epic. Here I am stuck in outdated tech with my M2 image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> lol
    Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash Triple Diamond 9* / Mitsu Tensei Pro White 70TX
    Fairway wood - Under construction
    Irons - Under Construction
    Wedges - Under Construction
    Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Flow Neck
    Srixon Zstar XV

    WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590


    Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13





  • Hot Rod 71Hot Rod 71 #TheWRX  8932ClubWRX, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 8,932
    Joined:  #1709
    J13 wrote:


    After hearing all the feedback from this trip and some others I'm looking forward to getting properly fit into the Epic. Here I am stuck in outdated tech with my M2 image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> lol




    I'm interested to see how it goes for you.
    Posted:
    PING G400 LST 10* - Graphite Design Tour AD TP 6X
    Callaway Epic 15* - Diamana S+ 70X
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20* - Diamana S+ 80X
    PXG 0311T 4-P - DGTI AMT S400
    Cleveland RTX4 50, 54, 58 - DGTI S400
    Yes! Tracy Tour
    Snell Black
  • WarrickWarrick  10811ClubWRX Posts: 10,811
    Joined:  #1710
    A question on the putters.



    You can see there are what looks to be removable plugs/weights on the sole. Can you adjust head weight? If no weight kit, can you order it with heavier weights?



    If I can't get it to at least 380-385, no sense in getting all excited about it.
    Posted:
    Epic 9* HZRDUS Smoke
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-9 LZ Blackout 
    Mizuno T7 - 45-49-53-58 LZ Blackout 
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • J13J13 Dad golf  15888Members Posts: 15,888
    Joined:  #1711
    Hot Rod 71 wrote:

    J13 wrote:


    After hearing all the feedback from this trip and some others I'm looking forward to getting properly fit into the Epic. Here I am stuck in outdated tech with my M2 image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> lol




    I'm interested to see how it goes for you.




    I'll be able to hit EVERYTHING by the end of the month image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
    Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash Triple Diamond 9* / Mitsu Tensei Pro White 70TX
    Fairway wood - Under construction
    Irons - Under Construction
    Wedges - Under Construction
    Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Flow Neck
    Srixon Zstar XV

    WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590


    Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13





104
This discussion has been closed.