ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

No Players Pics?

mmarlermmarler Lefty Boomers, Advanced Members Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
Been opening this section since Monday drooling for Tournament pics lol.
Taylormade M4 9.5 GD Tour AD DI 6x<br/>Taylormade SLDR 15* GD Tour AD DI 7s<br/>TaylorMade SLDR Hybrid 19* Tour AD Di 85 Stiff <br/>Titleist 2008 AP2 3-PW Project X 5.5<br/>TaylorMade Milled 50* S300<br/>Taylormade High Toe 60* KBS 115<br/>Odyssey Works Black 2 Ball<br/>

Comments

• DuckHook02DuckHook02 Advanced Members Posts: 968 ✭✭
    Apparently not.
  • CStephenson17CStephenson17 ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 617 ClubWRX
    Definitely sucks. I remember on Gear Dive Chris Voshall said they normally do iron testing at the players so we might have seen a spy pic of the MP 20
  • pga43pga43 GolfWRX.com's Tour Photographer Nashville, TNMarshals, ClubWRX Media Staffer Posts: 9,090 mod
    Beginning last year the PGA Tour changed their access policy and I no longer had access to the range or putting green. Last year I covered the Web tournament in Knoxville but there is no Web event running concurrently this year.

So no photos.

Maybe bvMagic will be up there on Wednesday and get some photos from outside the ropes. Next week back at it at Valspar.

Greg
    GolfWRX.com
    twitter @gdm43pga
  • kftgolferkftgolfer Advanced Members Posts: 583 ✭✭
    If I remember correctly there were none last year as well. PGA Tour does not issue any inside the ropes press credentials. Would have been shooting from long distance. Waste of his time. Don't blame him.
  • TheShaunTheShaun Advanced Members Posts: 1,077 ✭✭
    Best part of Mondays. Too bad about the credentials.
  • mmarlermmarler Lefty Boomers, Advanced Members Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    pga43 wrote:

Beginning last year the PGA Tour changed their access policy and I no longer had access to the range or putting green. Last year I covered the Web tournament in Knoxville but there is no Web event running concurrently this year.

So no photos.

Maybe bvMagic will be up there on Wednesday and get some photos from outside the ropes. Next week back at it at Valspar.

Greg

Ok Greg thank you for all the pics you get us each week.

Mike
    Taylormade M4 9.5 GD Tour AD DI 6x<br/>Taylormade SLDR 15* GD Tour AD DI 7s<br/>TaylorMade SLDR Hybrid 19* Tour AD Di 85 Stiff <br/>Titleist 2008 AP2 3-PW Project X 5.5<br/>TaylorMade Milled 50* S300<br/>Taylormade High Toe 60* KBS 115<br/>Odyssey Works Black 2 Ball<br/>
  • SCOTT4099SCOTT4099 Advanced Members Posts: 968 ✭✭
    edited March 12
    PGA is not helping “grow” interest in the game by making pictures less accessible for the rest of us.

Dumb policy....

Thanks for all your efforts the rest of the year!
    Titleist 917 d2 evenflow
    Cobra bio cell 3/4
    Taylomade m2 19 degree hybrid
    Ping i200 4-AW
    Cleveland rtx 4 54/58 wedges
    Cameron 2018 select Newport 2, 35, with pp60 ping grip
  • pga43pga43 GolfWRX.com's Tour Photographer Nashville, TNMarshals, ClubWRX Media Staffer Posts: 9,090 mod
    SCOTT4099 wrote:

PGA is not helping "grow" interest in the game by making pictures less accessible for the rest of us.

Dumb policy....

Thanks for all your efforts the rest of the year!

FYI, Wrong PGA. PGA Tour not PGA of America

Greg
    GolfWRX.com
    twitter @gdm43pga
  • falken19150falken19150 Advanced Members Posts: 1,739 ✭✭
    Thanks for all the effort Greg!

Hmm....lets shut out the biggest golf forum on the planet but let in Jimmy Roberts and Peter Jacobsen. Sounds like a good plan.
  • bvmagicbvmagic Advanced Members Posts: 1,007 ✭✭
    I'll be there tomorrow for some pics. I know it's tough to go one week without pics when Greg spoils us. Too bad about the credentials this week, I always enjoy the in depth WTB pics for players.

Will try to get some good ones from outside the ropes for you guys.
  • ffohcyawffohcyaw The dreaded straight ball... Members Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Silly policy indeed... Regardless, thanks for all your hard work to post pics week-in week-out, definitely keeps me engaged. I admit some weeks I'm almost more excited for your photos than the actual tournament.
  • WillyLWillyL Advanced Members Posts: 241 ✭✭
    Keep up the great work Greg. Really appreciate all you do.
    Nike Vapor Pro/ Vapor Flex 440 ADBB 6s
    Nike Vapor 3 wood Diamana S+
    Nike SQ2 19 hybrid Aldila VS Proto
    Mizuno MP18 4-6 SC, 7-PW MB C-Taper 120s
    Vokey SM6 50-10, 54-14 & 58-04
    Studio Select NP2
    Custom 2015 Scotty GOLO 3
    Scotty M2 (Gamer)
  • GhostwedgeGhostwedge Advanced Members Posts: 640 ✭✭
    [email protected] always look forward to the tourney and WITB photo series, appreciate the effort each week.
  • nsgolfer17nsgolfer17 Club Hoe Advanced Members Posts: 219 ✭✭
    Greg,

Thanks for all your hard work. Bummer about the new rule. Love seeing the weekly pics! Noticed the Terra Cotta Invitational is on your schedule for this year, so excited to see those pics, as I love seeing the web, am, us open qual bags!

Thanks for all your har work
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Taylormade [/font][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]M6 9* w/Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 63X[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Taylormade M3 15* w/ Graphite Design IZ 7X[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Taylormade M1 '17 Rescue 19* w/ Project X HZRDUS BLACK HANDCRAFTED 6.5,[/font][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]OR[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]PXG 0311XF 3 Iron W/ KBS TOUR C-TAPER LITE 115X[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]PING I210 4-PW w/Project X LZ 6.5[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Taylormade [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Milled [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Grind [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Antique Bronze[/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] 52, 56, 60 w/[/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]HI REV [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]2.0 125S[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Taylormade ARDMORE 2 L Neck 34"[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]WITB LINK:[/font]http://www.golfwrx.c...-updated-82217/
  • archer1archer1 Advanced Members Posts: 130 ✭✭
    Well, there is your answer.

If they do not let in Greg, then it is not a major.
  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Advanced Members Posts: 4,678 ✭✭
    Another effort by the Tour to make The Players look like a major.

Genuinely wish that they would realise that by now, we all get it. The more stupid stuff that they do to try and make it seem like a major, the less it seems to be. Stopping credentials, stupid theme music, using all capitals to make it seem important. In fact from now, I am going to simply refer to it as the players with no capitals.
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow White T1100
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08, 54.10 & 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x
  • avg_josephavg_joseph Advanced Members Posts: 485 ✭✭
    Greg, have you ever gotten an explanation for why they treat The Players differently with respect to credentials? As always, thanks for the awesome content you gather every week you're on the road!!!
  • easyyyeasyyy Founder & Still a Ho Rules Official Posts: 12,139 mod
    We have pics coming later!!!
  • getair23getair23 Advanced Members Posts: 1,910
    Greg, hopefully you got a few days off and got to shoot things other than golf pics.
    [background=transparent]Ping G400 MAX Aldila Rogue Silver-X[/background]

[font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif][background=transparent]Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5 Elements Chrome 7F5T[/background][/font]

[font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif][background=transparent]Srixon Z 745 (4-9) Z 945 (pw) KBS tour-x[/background][/font]

[font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif][background=transparent]Fourteen RM 21 50* KBS Tour FLT 130-x[/background][/font]

[font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif][background=transparent]Bettinardi "The Hive" Black 54* and 60* KBS Tour FLT 130-x[/background][/font]

[font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif][background=transparent]Edel 64* KBS C-Taper s+[/background][/font]

[font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif][background=transparent]Evnroll ER2 [/background][/font]
    avg_joseph wrote:

Greg, have you ever gotten an explanation for why they treat The Players differently with respect to credentials? As always, thanks for the awesome content you gather every week you're on the road!!!

I was told that the players voted on this yet I've talked to players and haven't spoken to one who voted for it.

There's not suppose to be any media on the range unless a player invites them in with them, then they are "suppose" to leave the range and stay outside the fence. I'm sure I could have wiggled my way in with players but that would only have upset the Tour and put our access at risk for the rest of the tournaments. Better to just accept these new rules and move on to the other tournaments.

Greg

getair23 wrote:

Greg, hopefully you got a few days off and got to shoot things other than golf pics.

Lots of "range" time this week, thx

Greg
    GolfWRX.com
    twitter @gdm43pga
  • semarlorsemarlor Charlotte, NCAdvanced Members Posts: 588 ✭✭
    Kinda the same thing as Memorial not wanting equipment trucks on site? Am I remembering that correctly? I guess just a way to "elevate" the staus of an already elite tournament. I get it, definitely sucks for us but thanks Greg for bringing the good week after week!
  • jwb10jwb10 Major Winner Advanced Members Posts: 879 ✭✭
    Brilliant on the Tour's part. Why get publicity for the tournament or OEMs. I oughttaaaa....call Jay and tell him he's a dope !
  • avg_josephavg_joseph Advanced Members Posts: 485 ✭✭
    pga43 wrote:

avg_joseph wrote:

I was told that the players voted on this yet I've talked to players and haven't spoken to one who voted for it.

There's not suppose to be any media on the range unless a player invites them in with them, then they are "suppose" to leave the range and stay outside the fence. I'm sure I could have wiggled my way in with players but that would only have upset the Tour and put our access at risk for the rest of the tournaments. Better to just accept these new rules and move on to the other tournaments.

Greg

getair23 wrote:

Lots of "range" time this week, thx

Greg

Thanks for the feedback and enjoy your "range" time this week!!!
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses Advanced Members Posts: 10,263 ✭✭
    I don't see how the Tour could think banning Greg and other photographers from the range and putting green is good for the Players and the PGA Tour. Greg, can you not photograph the US Open and the PGA Championship either?
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping i20 3 (DI-95S), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • easyyyeasyyy Founder & Still a Ho Rules Official Posts: 12,139 mod
    edited March 13
    Thanks to Brian (bvmagic) here is a link to the pics... http://www.golfwrx.c...-comments-here/

I will lock this down.
This discussion has been closed.