Which irons won't you play and why?

12346»

Comments

• braincramp52braincramp52 Freeport, IllinoisMembers  6253WRX Points: 1,543Handicap: 10Posts: 6,253 Titanium Tees

On -, @HappyGilmore22 said:

On -, @gs1184 said:

Mizuno, because of all major brands they have the most disrespect for better left handed players since they stopped making the mp68s.

I invest in brands that are lefty friendly like Callaway and Titleist. Just got the AP3s and love them.

Mizuno isn't disrespecting anyone, it's a financial decision on their part. Makes no sense as a business model for a company like that to maybe break even making left handed clubs. Same reason the majority of people aren't out buying PXG irons because of the price.

Most of the other manufacturers have no problem producing a good selection of left handed stuff.

Posted:
    Ping G400 driver
    Titleist 917 F2 3 wood
    Ping Anser 20,23,27 Hybrids 
    Wilson Staff MB's 6-PW
    Ping Glide 3.0 50*
    Ping, Glide 54,58ES Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Newport 3

Snell MTB X

Just because your offended doesn't mean you're right
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • HappyGilmore22HappyGilmore22 Members  657WRX Points: 206Handicap: 3Posts: 657 Golden Tee

On -, @lawsonman said:

On -, @gs1184 said:

Mizuno, because of all major brands they have the most disrespect for better left handed players since they stopped making the mp68s.

I invest in brands that are lefty friendly like Callaway and Titleist. Just got the AP3s and love them.

Mizuno isn't disrespecting anyone, it's a financial decision on their part. Makes no sense as a business model for a company like that to maybe break even making left handed clubs. Same reason the majority of people aren't out buying PXG irons because of the price.

Most of the other manufacturers have no problem producing a good selection of left handed stuff.

You do realize most other manufacturers are significantly larger and can profit from making left handed clubs. Left handed people make up like 10% of the population and probably half of that percentage for golfers. Mizuno also mostly makes forged irons which are much more difficult and expensive to make. It's really a ridiculous statement to make about Mizuno. It makes no sense for a company that size to make left handed irons which they would just lose money producing.

Posted:
    TaylorMade SIM 9 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black w/Velocore 7X
    Titleist TS3 15 deg - Project X Even Flow T1100 White 85 6.5
    Titleist 816 H2 19 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 90x
    Titleist T200 4-5, T100 6-PW - Project X 6.5
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Jet Black - 50.12 F, 54.10 S, 58.12 D - TT DG S400
    Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2
  • braincramp52braincramp52 Freeport, IllinoisMembers  6253WRX Points: 1,543Handicap: 10Posts: 6,253 Titanium Tees

On -, @lawsonman said:

On -, @gs1184 said:

You do realize most other manufacturers are significantly larger and can profit from making left handed clubs. Left handed people make up like 10% of the population and probably half of that percentage for golfers. Mizuno also mostly makes forged irons which are much more difficult and expensive to make. It's really a ridiculous statement to make about Mizuno. It makes no sense for a company that size to make left handed irons which they would just lose money producing.

Larger than Mizuno!!?? Mizuno had almost 2 billion dollars worth of sales in the U.S alone back in 2017. Mizuno is HUGE !!!!

Posted:
    Ping G400 driver
    Titleist 917 F2 3 wood
    Wilson Staff MB's 6-PW
    Ping Glide 3.0 50*
    Scotty Cameron Newport 3

Snell MTB X

• texcromtexcrom Franklin, TNClubWRX  3685WRX Points: 327Posts: 3,685 ClubWRX

On -, @ronnbee said:

On -, @texcrom said:

Wilson. Always perceive them as a cheap low quality product.

You are Wrong

Your opinion; you are wrong.

Posted:
    WITB
    Titleist TS3 10.5 degree HZRDUS Black Smoke 6.0 70g Stiff
    Titleist TS3 15 degree HZRDUS Black Smoke 6.0 70g Stiff
    Titleist U500 3 iron HZRDUS Black Smoke 6.0 80g Stiff
    Titleist U500 4 iron HZRDUS Black Smoke 6.0 80g Stiff
    Titleist T100 4-PW AMT Tour White S-300
    Titleist Vokey SM7 52-12F, 56-10S, 60-10S
    Titleist Scotty Cameron T-22 Newport
    Titleist Pro V1X

Alternate Bag
    Taylor Made SIM 9.0 degree HZRDUS Black Smoke 6.0 70g Stiff (ordered)
    Taylor Made 15 degree HZRDUS Black Smoke 6.0 70g Stiff
    Taylor Made P790 (2019) 4 - PW S-300
    Titleist Vokey SM7 48-10F, 54-10S
    Titleist Scotty Cameron T-22 Newport 2 

GO VOLS!
  • bsquared25bsquared25 Members  254WRX Points: 68Posts: 254 Greens

Probably catch some flack for this but Ping although the blueprints want to change my mind. But the one irons I won’t play are Srixon. I was fit into the Srixon 745 irons and Apex Pro and elected to go apex. The srixons blade length just looked like a **** shovel and I don’t know what it was just didn’t suit my eye.

Posted:
  • GDTBATHGDTBATH Members  170WRX Points: 110Posts: 170 Fairways

I won’t play Ping either. I just won’t. They look awful and always have. I know they’re good clubs, but I just can’t do it.

Posted:

"Play hard. Play Smart. Play Together." - DES

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • BubbtubbsBubbtubbs Members  571WRX Points: 145Handicap: 7Posts: 571 Golden Tee

On -, @texcrom said:

On -, @ronnbee said:

On -, @texcrom said:

Wilson. Always perceive them as a cheap low quality product.

You are Wrong

Your opinion; you are wrong.

Please keep thinking this; it lets me pick up FG Tour irons for a song on the used market.

Posted:
  • jbhawxjbhawx Members  505WRX Points: 46Posts: 505 Bunkers

On -, @lawsonman said:

Larger than Mizuno!!?? Mizuno had almost 2 billion dollars worth of sales in the U.S alone back in 2017. Mizuno is HUGE !!!!

That is because Mizuno is equivalent to Wilson in the US. They are in every ball sport. The largest size of their profits come from non-golf sports. Baseball/softball is probably their biggest money maker.

As for OPs question, Titleist. Not because I don't want to, but I think they are over rated, and I can save cash and get the same results elsewhere.

Posted:
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]TaylorMade 430cc R15 TP (12°) w/43.5" Fujikura Speeder 757 TS
    TaylorMade R15 3HL TP (17°) w/42.5" Fujikura Speeder 757 TS
    TaylorMade R15 4H TP (21°) w/Fujikura Speeder 869 TS
    Snakeyes TC-01 4-9
    Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 (46°, 50°, 54°, 58°)
    Scotty Cameron GOLO 5[/font]
  • oz dee ceeoz dee cee Members  508WRX Points: 98Posts: 508 Golden Tee

Irons with offset. A very small amount is maybe acceptable in the long irons. But generally, minimal offset is key.

For reference I had the Apex Pros... nice iron, too much offset though...

Posted:

On -, @jbhawx said:

On -, @lawsonman said:

That is because Mizuno is equivalent to Wilson in the US. They are in every ball sport. The largest size of their profits come from non-golf sports. Baseball/softball is probably their biggest money maker.

I understant that. But Happy was trying to say Mizuno is too small of a company to invest much in left handed equipment and that's just bs.

Posted:
    Ping G400 driver
    Titleist 917 F2 3 wood
    Wilson Staff MB's 6-PW
    Ping Glide 3.0 50*
    Scotty Cameron Newport 3

Snell MTB X

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.