Matt Wallace and caddy

manxytagmanxytag Members Posts: 527 ✭✭

what happened yesterday?

Comments

• cvhookem63cvhookem63 Fujikura Ventus Experience ETXClubWRX Posts: 4,753 ClubWRX

Wallace hit his ball in the water on 18 and then proceeded to tear apart his caddy

WITB Link
    TaylorMade M3 440 9* Fujikura Speeder 857 TR-X
    NIKE Vapor Fly 14* Fujikura Rombax P95X
    NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4 Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
    TaylorMade P770 5-9 X100
    NIKE OVEN Engage 46* X100 | Engage 50*SS / 55*SS / 60*DS S400
    SCOTTY CAMERON Select Squareback
  • Birdie MacBirdie Mac Members Posts: 589 ✭✭

That's a bad look. Poor impulse control to do that in public. Stay on point and talk it through after the round.

• Krt22Krt22 Members Posts: 6,967 ✭✭

What a douche rocket

• MolemanMoleman Members Posts: 572 ✭✭

What did he actually say though? Can’t make out anything on the audio.

• Lagavulin62Lagavulin62 Members Posts: 2,189 ✭✭

This thread gives me an opportunity to show I’m consistent with my view on caddies. As I believe its the player responsible for his success, not the caddy, you can’t treat him like that. This really makes Matt Wallace look bad.

• rafalrafal Members Posts: 5,856 ✭✭

He should try that with Stevie. Oh, I know he wouldn't.

TM M4 10.5* Matrix Ozik HD6 S
    TM M3 3W Matrix Ozik HD6 S
    TM M4 Rescue 3
    TM R15 Rescue 5 PXi 5.5
    Titleist AP2 5-P PXi 5.5
    PING Glide 52*SS 58*WS 60*TS
    TM DLL+ 34.5"
  • the bishopthe bishop Members Posts: 3,334 ✭✭

I guess that's what passes for an exit interview.

Dynacraft Avatar Evolution  V2 High Launch - S
    W/S C300 15* Fuji Speeder Pro - S
    W/S C300 20*/23* Fuji Speeder Pro - S
    W/S Fi5 5-P  DGS300
    W/S PMP 52/56/60  KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    Scotty Newport Pro Platinum
  • ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker CAMembers Posts: 5,608 ✭✭

@rafal said:
    He should try that with Stevie. Oh, I know he wouldn't.

Stevie would be like:

https://media1.tenor.com/images/12049309d6a02f554478672a4052f275/tenor.gif?itemid=4434279

G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • golfgirlrobingolfgirlrobin Members Posts: 2,353 ✭✭

He’s getting roasted on his own Twitter account. People don’t seem that amused.

Driver: Ping G400 Max 10.5*
    Fairway: Epic Flash 14* & 20*
    Hybrid: Ping G410 22*
    Irons: TaylorMade M CGB 6-SW
    Wedges: Callaway PM Grind 59* and 64*
    Putter: Ping Vault 2.0 Ketsch
    Ball:  Titleist Pro V1 
  • Krt22Krt22 Members Posts: 6,967 ✭✭

Some of the comments on twitter make it seem like he physically assaulted his caddie as well, anyone have the footage?

• GSDriverGSDriver Members Posts: 615 ✭✭

Who actually hit the shot? Oh, that's right, the Player not the Caddie....no personal accountability anywhere it seems these days.

Epic Speeder 661
    Rogue 4 Wood Evenflow 75 Blue
    Epic Hybrids 3/4/5
    Apex Pro 6-P Recoil 110 F4
    MD Slate Forged 52
    PM Grind 56/60
    Odyssey 7S
    All grips except putter are Iomic Sticky 2.3
  • Steele47Steele47 Members Posts: 1,420 ✭✭

Just looked at Wallace's twitter. He congratulates the winner Andrea Pavan and also noteworthy, makes a point to compliment Pavan's caddie. LOL

• buckeyeflbuckeyefl Members Posts: 5,824 ✭✭

@Steele47 said:
    Just looked at Wallace's twitter. He congratulates the winner Andrea Pavan and also noteworthy, makes a point to compliment Pavan's caddie. LOL

That was classy.

The European Tour has told bunkered.co.uk that it is looking into allegations of 'abuse' directed at caddie Dave McNeilly by his player, current Race To Dubai leader Matt Wallace, during yesterday's final round of the BMW International Open.

Theres a few comments on the story i puled that from and they are not kind.

• the bishopthe bishop Members Posts: 3,334 ✭✭

He went to the Robert Allenby school of player/caddie relations.

Dynacraft Avatar Evolution  V2 High Launch - S
    W/S C300 15* Fuji Speeder Pro - S
    W/S C300 20*/23* Fuji Speeder Pro - S
    W/S Fi5 5-P  DGS300
    W/S PMP 52/56/60  KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    Scotty Newport Pro Platinum
  • Im_A_SavageIm_A_Savage WisconsinMembers Posts: 1,522 ✭✭

That clip of their interaction was of no value. I assume more was said or done?

• zerotigerzerotiger Members Posts: 11 ✭✭

What an a**hole. Player gets all the glory anyways, so ultimately it's on the player.

• OldTomMorrisOldTomMorris Edinburgh, ScotlandMembers Posts: 2,594 ✭✭
    edited Jun 25, 2019 10:14am #20

At times Matt Wallace makes it very difficult to like him. He's constantly berating his caddy and its my belief that his on-course attitude is a big obstacle for him. He wastes ridiculous amounts of mental energy with histrionics complaining about anything and everything that he perceives as a bad break or hasn't worked out as he planned.
    In fairness to the player he has acknowledged this publicly and is on record as saying he is working on it but I see zero signs of improvement at all.
    Despite all that Wallace is clearly a player on the rise and financially speaking it would be a lucrative bag to be on.

Post edited by OldTomMorris on
    Titleist 910D3 8.5°
    TaylorMade M3 15°
    Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
    Titleist Pro V 1x
  • OldTomMorrisOldTomMorris Edinburgh, ScotlandMembers Posts: 2,594 ✭✭

@Moleman said:
    What did he actually say though? Can’t make out anything on the audio.

Its a pattern with Wallace that he goes after his caddy so often like this and golf commentators, analysts even fans have picked up on this. There has to be a base level of respect and decency, it appears that Wallace often falls short of that.

Titleist 910D3 8.5°
    TaylorMade M3 15°
    Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
    Titleist Pro V 1x
  • conorgolf22conorgolf22 Members Posts: 588 ✭✭
    edited Jun 25, 2019 2:04pm #24

I watched Matt absolutely lay in to his caddy on the putting green at Harbour Town, which is pretty much the centerpiece of the staging area there. Plenty of F bombs that were very easy to hear. Very passionate guy with lots of talent, but he’s making it very hard to root for him.

Post edited by conorgolf22 on
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Driver: Callaway Rogue 13.5* Aldila Rogue Elite Blue[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Fairway: Ping G400 17* Aldila 2KXV Orange[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21* Aldila Tour Green[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Driving Iron: PXG 0311X 4 iron Steelfiber i95[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Irons: Mizuno 919 Forged 5-PW Steelfiber i95[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Wedges: Vokey SM6 52* New Level M-Type 58* and 62*[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Putter: Scotty Cameron X7M[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ball: Titleist ProV1X[/font]

@conorgolf22 said:
    I watched Matt absolutely lay in to his caddy on the putting green at Harbour Town, which is pretty much the centerpiece of the staging area there. Plenty of F bombs that were very easy to hear. Dry passionate guy with lots of talent, but he’s making it very hard to root for him.

Thats not passion.

I read an interview yesterday from back in January where his caddie acknowledges that Matt is a nut case ( my words) but he has thick skin after being with some of the players he has had in his career. Its part of the job, to a point, but theres a time and place. After you snap hook a shot while in contention or in a staging area is neither the time or place. Hopefully he runs his mouth to the wrong person and gets a truckload of humility dropped on his head.

• bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolinaMembers Posts: 27,028 ✭✭

Have to say it. See guys. That’s what yelling at and abusing a caddie looks like. See the domineering body language. I’d give $1k to see his caddie come out of the bag with a 5 iron to the lower jaw the next time he towers over him like that. What an absolute piece of trash.

TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3-PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot